You're Moving Us To Toronto?!!

Postby Phiter » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 am

zike_42 wrote:hopefully when we come back she will have an extra bit of jewellery if you catch my drift.

Early congrats. I'm close to taking that same step myself, except not in Japan :p
Phiter

Out of Melbourne in time

Postby Steveepee » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:10 am

Well at least you got out of Melbourne before this Ash cloud from the Chilean volcano stopped air traffic. since it happened though we have not had a wisp of wind or a threatening cloud in the skies.. weird that.

enjoy Japan and my the ground stand still for you
Steveepee

Postby zike_42 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 pm

We lost one day because of the ash cloud and if we weren't lucky enough to get a last minute flight to the Gold Coast we would have been stuck for another week so I'm counting my blessings that we made it out.

Also, She said yes! I proposed at the top of Kyoto Tower and she said yes and we are engaged! I'm so happy with her and I am not letting her go for anything.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 pm

The first winner of the Player of the Month title was the Miami Heat’s Lebron James who averaged 28.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 1.8 steals and 0.9 blocks a game as he led the Heat to a 7-7 record without Chris Bosh.

Number one pick Matt Bailey picked up the Rookie of the Month title for November with 14.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 3.8 blocks a game while starting all but one game for the Lakers.

Next season’s free agency will be huge as most of the players from the 2011 free agency will be coming out of contract as well as the great rookies who are looking to get paid. Here is a list of the notable free agents –

Kobe Bryant (CHA)
Derrick Rose (CHI)
Joakim Noah (CHI)
Yao Ming (CHI)
Dirk Nowitzki (DAL)
Andrew Bynum (DAL)
David Lee (GSW)
Dwayne Wade (MIA)
Lebron James (MIA)
Chris Bosh (MIA)
Brandon Jennings (MIL)
Joe Johnson (NEV)
Devin Harris (NJN)
Kevin Martin (NJN)
Brook Lopez (NJN)
Kevin Durant (OKC)
Jrue Holiday (PHI)
Zach Randolph (SAC)

Rookies –

Jason Beck (CHA)
Michael Webb (CHA)
Travis Randolph (DEN)
Vlasi Kazapov (LAC)
Ricky Rubio (MIN)
Boleslav Silajdic (NEV)
Nikolos Bocharkov (PHO)
James Blanchard (SAC)
Rashid Shiran (WAS)
Michael Nicholson (WAS)

Utter madness but we won’t be a part of it as nearly all our players are locked up well.

Trades!

Indiana trades:
PF Greg Monroe

Houston trades:
C Justin Cabrera

Why for Indiana:
On paper it looks great as Cabrera is a stud. However, basketball is not played on paper and Cabrera is a brat. One report tells that he once spat the dummy on a flight back from Orlando because they didn’t have skittles on board and apparently he loves skittles. Let’s just see how long he lasts here.

Why for Houston:
Monroe is the opposite – not as skilled but a quality guy. He will give them skill on the low block and he has great vision and hands. It brings Jordan Cole off the bench as he was whinging about playing time.

Winner – Houston

Sure Monroe is a step down in talent but getting a cancer like Cabrera off the team is a plus. Good luck Indiana.

Denver trades:
2016 1st round pick

Phoenix trades:
C Travis Randolph

Why for Denver:
They are next in line to try and tame the uber talented bronco in Travis Randolph. Sure he has talent, MVP level talent (averaging 21 points, 10.9 rebounds and 4.4 blocks) but he has no brain. It would be scary to see Randolph and Justin Cabrera on the same team. Good luck to Denver because if it works out they would be set for 10 years.

Why for Phoenix:
Why? To get rid of Travis Randolph. He has worn out his welcome (again) and needed to be shipped. I’m interested to see how many teams he goes through before he retires. The pick should be in the low lottery area.

Winner – Phoenix
Sure Denver wins in the short term but they will most likely have to trade him away as Phoenix did here.

Indiana trades:
2016 1st round pick

Oklahoma City trades:
PF Gelnn Harris

Why for Indiana:
It didn’t take them long to find Greg Monroe’s replacement, 4 days to be exact. Sure he was picked #18 but he is looking studley so they won’t get a better player in next year’s draft.

Why for Oklahoma City:
Tibor Pleiss has come out of nowhere and has become a serviceable back up big man and as Josh Smith is out for the season with a leg injury they thought they would roll the dice to get a good draft pick. Too bad Harris will step in and should make the Pacers a better team.

Winner – Indiana
Harris is a good player and has the potential to be a great player so losing a first rounder for him is a worthy risk.

Washington trades:
2016 1st round pick

Minnesota trades:
SG Travis Howard

Why for Washington:
I’m not sure why Howard keeps getting traded, he is a talent and has a decent attitude. Maybe teams just don’t like 6’3 SGs. Either way the Wizards just found Gilbert Arenas’ heir apparent as Agent 0 is getting up there in age so when he retires Howard will be there to fill in his spot.

Why for Minnesota:
Anthony Morrow has been great as the first guard off the bench and because of his great play Howard became expendable. Washington are 11-10 at the moment so the pick should be middle of the road.

Winner – Washington
The Wizards win this trade barely, as the Timberwolves get something out of it as well but Howard will help Washington more than the pick will help Minnesota.

Cleveland trades:
2016 1st round pick

Detroit trades:
PG Sam Dye

Why for Cleveland:
They drafted him in 2013 with the #16 pick but traded him last season. He has become a stellar PG and they are now having seller’s remorse and want him back. Too bad he has a terrible attitude and will cause friction with their other PG Clark Kimm.

Why for Detroit:
It’s the risk teams take by traded for a bad attitude player, it sometimes blows up in your face. Luckily there is usually another team willing to take that chance with talented players. The Cavs are 12-12 so the Pistons may sneak into the lottery with this pick.

Winner – Detroit
It’s the Randolph/Cabrera situations all over again.

Los Angeles Lakers trades:
2016 1st round pick

Oklahoma City trades:
SF Jamaal McFadden

Why for the Lakers:
They don’t have much bench depth so adding a versatile player like McFadden is good for the team. McFadden can play three positions and is starting at SG at the moment.

Why for Oklahoma City:
I’m not sure what the Thunder are doing because they have traded away two very good young players for draft picks that probably won’t net them players of the calibre that they traded away. The Thunder now has no forward depth and will most likely free fall from their 18-4 record.

Winner – Los Angeles Lakers
If a team is 18-4 why would you trade valuable players for draft picks? These two trades from the Thunder are baffling.

Milwaukee trades:
2016 1st round pick

Utah trades:
PF Tengiz Davidov

Why for Milwaukee:
Davidov has a terrible attitude but unlike the other players traded for picks he doesn’t have anywhere near the same skills. The Bucks have downgraded as they would have found a better player with a better attitude if they kept their pick.

Why for Utah:
Davidov needed to be removed from the team if they were to survive and getting a potential lottery pick for him is all the sweeter.

Winner – Utah
Addition by subtraction. But in this case it’s better because they got rid of an unwanted player AND got a better draft pick. Score.

Boston trades:
2016 1st round pick

Oklahoma City trades:
SG Alan Green

Why for Boston:
The Celtics have had enough of the tiny backcourt of Jules Riley and Tony Rein so they go the opposite way by picking up talented 6’8 Green who will step into the start SG position when he gets over a sore elbow. The pick should be in the lottery but near the bottom.

Why for Oklahoma City:
Who knows at this stage? They were stacked with promising young players but have traded them all for draft picks. Good luck going at that 18-4 pace guys.

Winner – Boston
They get a great big guard that they can keep for the future as Green is only 21 years old.

That’s one contender we don’t have to worry about anymore as the Thunder have imploded.

We lose our first game in December 119-109 to New Jersey as two of those soon to be free agents torch us. Kevin Martin explodes for 39 points while Devin Harris had 29 points and 15 assists. One our side D&M were the best with Mozgov having 18 points, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks while Howard had 22 points and 11 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 13-3

Rajon Rondo goes 2/8 from the field for 6 points but hands out 20 assists in our 108-99 home win against Chicago. Our team captain also only had 1 turnover which will boost his A/T ratio. Tim Mozgov stood up again with 26 points and 4 blocks as DeMar DeRozan finally got some playing time with 9 points in 10 minutes. Yao Ming was the best for the Bulls with 21 points and 13 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 14-3

We steal a win in Chicago the next night with a 106-86 win on the back of a 35-20 third term. Kevin King, Tim Mozgov and Dwight Howard shoot 16, 10 and 17 free throws respectively as we beat up their bigs. Reggie Williams also chipped in from the bench with 12 points. Derrick Rose had 23 points in the losing effort.

Toronto Raptors 15-3

The Lakers may be big but they are missing their best player in LaMarcus Aldridge so we get past them 108-97 behind Dwight Howard’s 19 points, 20 rebounds and 6 blocks. Reggie Williams again stood up for us off the bench with 17 points and 4 blocks. Andre Iguodala top scored with 25 points but #1 pick Matt Bailey had a woeful shooting night, going 1/10 for 4 points.

Toronto Raptors 16-3

Kevin King puts on a show in our 116-102 win over Detroit with 28 points on 12/17 free throws. He sure knows how to get to the line. Rajon Rondo shows that he can fill up the cup with 18 points and 9 assists. The Pistons had six players in double figures led by Luis Scola with 19 points off the bench.

Toronto Raptors 17-3

In what could be an Eastern Conference Finals match-up we square off against the 15-3 76ers and come out with a 106-99 win. Tim Mozgov eats Patrick Patterson for dinner with 23 points, 15 rebounds and 6 blocks while Kevin King had 16 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds. Chris Paul played well for 20 points and 12 assists and Wesley Johnson helped him with 20 points and 10 rebounds but we shot 16 more free throws than them which was the deciding factor.

Toronto Raptors 18-3

Indiana has fallen ever since they lost Danny Granger as we smash them 135-109. In the first time ever I think Rudy T starts Dwight at PF and Tim at C, but it didn’t do much as D&M combined for 50 points and 18 rebounds. Reggie Williams is excelling in his super-sub role with 20 points in 21 minutes. Hasheem Walker went off for 25 points in 28 minutes off the bench but we shot 57% from the field.

Toronto Raptors 19-3

Seven wins in a row as we crush Indiana 125-93 behind seven players in double figures. We shoot 50 free throws and dominated the glass. Gelnn Harris is loving the Pacers as he puts up 21 points but they have Justin Cabrera starting at SF which is definitely not his position.

Toronto Raptors 20-3

You would think that if anyone could slow down Dwight Howard it would be Marc Gasol but no, Howard goes for –
17/26FG, 7/13FT, 41 points, 23 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals. Wow.

Oh yeah, we won 109-88 as Rajon Rondo also had 20 assists. But wow that is a man sized stat line.

Toronto Raptors 21-3

The same night Danny Granger does better with 17/28FG, 10/15 three pointers (!!) and a total of 50 points in their last second, one point loss to Cleveland. There has been nine players reach 50 points or more with Dirk Nowitzki leading the charge with 56 points in 2010.

Cleveland are on the way up but not quite there yet as we smash them 114-84 as the D&M monster surfaces again. D&M had 49 points, 23 rebounds and 7 blocks while Rajon Rondo fed the beast with 17 points and 12 assists. Carmelo Anthony had 30 points and last year’s #1 Reggie Young is coming along as he had 12 points and 11 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 22-3

We go to Memphis and come out with a 103-91 win behind Kevin King who had 25 points and Dwight Howard with 22 points and 10 rebounds. DeMar DeRozan is a spark off the bench with 12 points in 16 minutes. OJ Mayo has 30 points in a losing effort and was helped by Claudio Carrera’s 22 points and 11 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 23-3

Christmas Eve is good to us as we win 113-98 over Milwaukee as we had three players over 20 points. Kevin King (22 points), Dwight Howard (26 points, 15 rebounds) and Tim Mozgov (21 points, 11 rebounds) led the charge and were supplemented by DeMar DeRozan’s 17 points off the bench. The Bucks didn’t have any answer to us as we were too strong.

Toronto Raptors 24-3

We finally lose, this time to New Jersey 104-98. Kevin Martin (23 points) and Devin Harris (20 points) were the culprits again but were helped by Derrick Favors’ 18 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks. Kevin King had 32 points for us and Dwight Howard chimed in with 23 points but had nothing apart from that.

Toronto Raptors 24-4

Ed Davis came up to me after the game and said that he has kept his mouth shut while we were winning he is getting tired of not getting any burn. He believes that he would be a valuable asset to a team that would play him, and I agreed. I’m all for honesty so I told him that I thought that last season and if he wanted I would start to shop him around the league. I believe that he will be a great player and I need to let him go. I tell him I will trade him but if it’s a team that is not right for you I will still pull the trigger if the deal is right which he understood.

He is averaging career lows in minutes (10.7) and points (4.0) and I want him to succeed in this league so I put his name on the block.

I find a team straight away but I don’t think Davis is going to like it.

Toronto trades:
PF Ed Davis
2016 1st round pick

Memphis trades:
2016 1st round pick

Why for Toronto:
Ed Davis has been looking to spread his wings away from the Toronto massive front line and GM Felix Elwood granted his wish. It looks pretty good on the Raptors side as well as the Grizzlies are sitting last in the league with an 8-18 record which sends shockwaves around the league as they have a great chance of getting even better.

Why for Memphis:
They now have seven PFs on the team. Not just big men, SEVEN POWER FORWARDS. And most of them are good so Davis, who is slotted in as 9th man, will again not get much playing time.

Winner – Toronto
Elwood does it again as that pick will be very high in the next draft.

I’m sorry Ed but I had to do the best for team, but if you are good enough you will get to the top of that PF pile.

Ed Davis’ first game as a Grizzly nets him 9 minutes and 6 points, good luck kid.

Our first game without him is business as usual with a 121-95 win over Oklahoma City. Kevin King decimates Kevin Durant with 46 points, while Trent Bailey shoots 9/10 from the field for 27 points. Rajon Rondo feeds them the ball with 15 assists. Darren Collison is starting at SG and he scores 20 points but the Thunder are falling.

It’s the end of 2015 and we are still sitting nicely at the top of the league with New York biting at our heels at 24-6 and Philadelphia is also close at 23-7. Our pick, Memphis is wallowing at 9-19 which is very good from where we are sitting.

In the West, Oklahoma City is still first at 21-10 but have gone 3-6 since they went shopping for picks and Golden State are closing in at 19-10. San Antonio are last with a 8-19 record and reports are coming out that Pau Gasol is regretting signing that huge contract there.

Toronto Top Points – Kevin King (21.3), Dwight Howard (18.5), Tim Mozgov (17.7), Rajon Rondo (11.7), Trent Bailey (11.4)
Toronto Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard (11.9), Tim Mozgov (11.0), Kevin King (4.7), Reggie Williams (3.1)
Toronto Top Assists – Rajon Rondo (11.1), Kevin King (4.0), Trent Bailey (2.7)

League Top Points – Lebron James MIA (28.2), Kevin Durant OKC (24.7), Carmelo Anthony CLE (24.6), Tyreke Evans SAC (24.1)
League Top Rebounds – Amar’e Stoudemire NYK (12.2), Dwight Howard TOR (11.9), Andrew Bogut LAC (11.3), Cole Aldrich OKC (11.3)
League Top Assists – Rajon Rondo TOR (11.1), Chris Paul PHI (10.9), Deron Williams UTA (10.1), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.7)
League Top Blocks – Derrick Favors NJN (4.4), Brian Johnson NEV (4.3), Justin Cabrera IND (4.3), Travis Randolph DEN (4.1)
League Top Steals – Nene Hilario DEN (2.1), Jules Riley BOS (2.0), Gerald Wallace CHA (2.0), Lebron James MIA (1.9)
League Top FG% - Dwight Howard TOR (.583), Derrick Favors NJN (.581), Nikola Pekovic UTA (.569), Greg Oden POR (.564)
League Top 3P% - Boleslav Silajdic NEV (.530), Trent Bailey TOR (.510), Evan Turner MIN (.508), Steph Curry GSW (.508)
League Top FT% - Luke Babbitt POR (.938), Mo Williams DEN (.929), Darren Collison OKC (.917), Paul George POR (.911)
League Top Turnovers – OJ Mayo MEM (5.5), Brandon Roy POR (4.4), Tony Chase SAS (4.3), Boleslav Silajdic NEV (4.2)

Rookie Top Points – Matt Bailey LAL (16.1), Kyle Craig NOH (15.6), Matt Davis CLE (14.9), Brian Iacona NOH (10.2)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Matt Bailey LAL (10.1), Derrick Chambless BOS (7.9), MAXIME Videnov CLE (6.0), Joshua Potter DEN (5.7)
Rookie Top Assists – Brian Iacona NOH (5.2), Matt Davis CLE (3.6), Jeremy Dumic DAL (3.4), Jason Roe ORL (3.1)

First round of draft prospects –

1 – PF Oti Brown (Florida) Freshman
Very skilled big man yet also very raw if you can believe it. His body is still taking shape and he will slim down when he gets to the NBA but his skills for an 18 year old are magnificent.

2 – SF Osmo Koslewski (Poland) 18 years old
An 18 year old, 6’10 SF who can score (32ppg), rebound (12.5rpg) and pass (6.9apg)? Count us in.

3 – PF Roy Michaels (Auburn) Freshman
A little small for an NBA PF (6’8) but makes up for it in explosiveness. He has a great motor by all accounts as well.

4 – SG Sebastian Ortega (Argentina) 19 years old
Another 6’3 SG who are extremely talented, as Ortega’s play is being heralded as the next Dwayne Wade as he can do it all especially on the defensive end.

5 – PG Nick Babul (Kansas State) Sophomore
Shades of Chris Paul as he is short (6’0) and lightning quick. He is also a fantastic floor general and has quick hands.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby K.J. » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Welcome back, zike_42. As usual, I shall be following your updates with great interest.
K.J.

Postby zike_42 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:08 pm

K.J. wrote:Welcome back, zike_42. As usual, I shall be following your updates with great interest.

Thanks for the support K.J.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Lebron James again won the Player of the Month title; with his averages in December were outstanding going for 28.3 points, 5.9 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.9 steals and 1.5 blocks a night as his Miami Heat went 10-5 during the month.

The December Rookie of the Month crown again went to Matt Bailey of the Los Angeles Lakers. He averaged 17.1 points, 10.6 rebounds and 3.6 blocks during the month including a massive 36 point, 18 rebound and 7 blocks outing against San Antonio. The Lakers went 7-10 in that stretch.

There were a couple of trades in the month that didn’t include ours –

Nevada trades:
2016 1st round pick

Philadelphia trades:
SG Avgustin Leonov

Why for Nevada:
The first trade from the relocated team is a stinker. The Neon are currently 10-20 on the season and are trading away a very high draft pick (currently 3rd worst in the league) for a player who is average at best.

Why for Philadelphia:
Leonov wasn’t getting much court time so being able to get a high pick for an already elite team is trouble for the rest of the league.

Winner – Philadelphia
Without a doubt the 76ers won this trade and the Neon are having a terrible start to their franchise.

Phoenix trades:
C Kris Humphries

Los Angeles Clippers trades:
C Anthony Tolliver

Why for Phoenix:
They signed Humphries to a two year contract last season that management have now deemed too expensive so they acquire expiring Tolliver that saves them over $8 million over the life of their contracts.

Why for the Clippers:
They only have kids playing behind Andrew Bogut so they decided that they needed someone who can teach the young guys as well as be a quality back-up to the big Aussie and Humphries ticks both those boxes.

Winner – Both
They both get what they wanted out of the trade and gave up something that was expendable.

Damn those sneaky 76ers they just a whole lot better.

Our first game of 2016 is a 124-84 win over Utah as we shoot a crazy 59% from the field to their paltry 39%. Rajon Rondo took POG honours with 25 points and 8 assists while Kevin King chipped in with 27 points. Deron Williams tried his hardest but when Nikola Pekovic goes 0/4 the whole team is in trouble.

Toronto Raptors 26-4

In our game with Golden State we go up by 20 in the first quarter only to have that lead cut to four in the final minute as we squeak out a 105-101 win as Dwight Howard dominates the Warriors’ frontline with 28 points, 25 rebounds and 6 blocks. Monta Ellis had 26 points while Steph Curry helped with 23 points but had 6 turnovers. It was a grind out game even though the scores were over 100.

Toronto Raptors 27-4

Dirk Nowitzki is still not 100% as we rout them 102-88 as Dwight Howard again puts up big numbers with 23 points and 14 rebounds with Kevin King providing backup with 21 points. Reggie Williams was slotted in at PF after Tim Mozgov had foul trouble and proved dividends with 16 points and 9 rebounds. The best for the Mavs was Brendan Haywood who had 10 rebounds in 13 minutes as their highest scorer was Dion Carlisle with 14 points.

Toronto Raptors 28-4

It’s Kevin King’s turn to be named Player of the Game with 29 points and 6 rebounds in our 118-84 thrashing of New Orleans. Rajon Rondo also filled it up with 20 points and 10 assists and Reggie Williams had 13 points off the bench. #5 pick Kyle Craig showed his talent with 22 points as the Hornets are in rebuilding mode.

Toronto Raptors 29-4

Another game another player taking home the POG award, this time it’s Rajon Rondo and his 24 points and 8 assists in our 120-93 win over Houston. All of our starters had more than 12 points as the only resistance was Grevis Vasquez who had 23 points as their starting SG.

Toronto Raptors 30-4

I’m really happy with our spread of talent as any player on the team could be our best player so we don’t have to rely on only a few. I will most likely not be trading anyone else this season unless something drastic happens.

Cleveland keeps our next game close but we steal a 111-108 away win over the Cavs. Dwight Howard went bananas with 27 points, 16 rebounds and 8 blocks while Rajon Rondo made up for his 1/9 shooting night with 16 assists. Carmelo Anthony had 27 points while Reggie Young had 14 points and 17 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 31-4

Charlotte come into town and we stomp them 126-104 as Kevin King had 31 points and Trent Bailey was his Robin with 17 points, 7 assists and 4 steals. Povilas Tailos shot terribly, scoring 19 points on 20 shots as well as 7 turnovers hurt them badly.

Toronto Raptors 32-4

Going into Miami is never a fun exercise but without Chris Bosh they aren’t as deadly. I didn’t know how bad they were until the final siren in our 108-76 win as Lebron James goes 4/15 for only 9 points and Dwayne Wade shoots 21 shots for 21 points. Dwight Howard demolishes their inferior big men for 26 points, 21 rebounds and 6 blocks while Kevin King has 24 points. They shoot 32% from the field and I am astonished by this game.

Toronto Raptors 33-4

Portland without LaMarcus Aldridge are weak now and we show that with a 111-88 win behind Kevin King’s 35 points and 7 assists. D&M had 25 points and 22 rebounds while Trent Bailey showed up for 24 points. The best for Portland was Chris Kaman who had 13 points and 14 rebounds but for some reason they have Brandon Roy at PG and Paul George at SG and in my opinion they need to be moved up one spot to work properly.

DeMar DeRozan has broken his hand and will be out for two months which would have been a lot worse last year but luckily we have more depth, but just to be sure I sign Jason Terry off the free agency pile for insurance.

Toronto Raptors 34-4

Our largest lead was 46 in our complete annihilation of New Orleans as we won 113-67 as they shot 28% and their top scorer was 12. No one played more than 31 minutes and everyone scored at least four points on our end which is great. Dwight Howard had 22 points, 14 rebounds and 7 blocks in only 27 minutes.

Toronto Raptors 35-4

I like beating the Celtics and this time it was very handsomely with a 135-107 win in Boston. D&M had 41 points, 24 rebounds and 7 blocks while Trent Bailey played well again with 20 points. Reggie Williams had 18 points in 14 minutes off the bench and I love having someone who can fill it up quickly in our second unit. Jules Riley is still playing at SG and he had 23 points but they need to move Alan Green to SG and have Riley as the super-sub.

Toronto Raptors 36-4

Unfortunately Rajon Rondo had some back spasms and will be playing hurt for at least two weeks so hopefully we get to see how good Kenny Costa is with increased minutes.

Kenny Costa had 11 points in 22 minutes in our 119-99 win over Dallas as Dwight Howard again went to beast mode with 36 points and 17 rebounds while Tim Mozgov and Kevin King were also over 20 points. Dirk Nowitzki just can’t get a good read on us lately and tonight had 13 points on 13 shots.

Toronto Raptors 37-4

We had four days off and I think a bit of rust set in as we just get by Boston 113-109 for our 14th win in a row. Tim Mozgov had 28 points and 8 rebounds while Dwight Howard helped his buddy with 19 points, 18 rebounds and 7 blocks and Kevin King had a double double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Tony Rein and Jules Riley weren’t too impressed with my comments before as they lit us up with 34 points from Rein and 25 points from Riley.

Toronto Raptors 38-4

Pau Gasol is not happy with the way the Spurs have been playing as we monster them 118-94 as we have a three headed wrecking ball in Dwight Howard (27 points), Tim Mozgov (26 points) and Kevin King (23 points) did the damage. Bryan Dickerson had the most for the Spurs with 25 points and Pau Gasol was shut down with only 14 points.

Toronto Raptors 39-4

January ends with us on a 16 game winning streak and winning 26 of 27 games with a 109-95 win over Houston. D&M had a massive 55 points, 30 rebounds and 8 blocks to obliterate Greg Monroe and Jordan Cole. Trent Bailey may never be a big time scorer but he can do most things as he had 6 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds to compliment his big men. Aaron Brooks took advantage of the injured Rajon Rondo with 28 points but had 7 turnovers.

Toronto Raptors 40-4

You would think being 40-4 would give us a cushion over our competition but New York is still right on our heels with a 39-8 record but after that it falls off to Chicago who are 8 games behind us. Detroit are last with a 13-31 record and our first round pick from Memphis is looking good as they are 15-30 and second last.

Golden State is leading the way in the West with a 31-14 record with Oklahoma City still up there with a 30-16 record. San Antonio is last at 11-31 with Nevada close at 13-32.

Toronto Top Points – Kevin King (21.7), Dwight Howard (19.7), Tim Mozgov (17.7), Trent Bailey (12.0)
Toronto Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard (12.7), Tim Mozgov (10.5), Kevin King (5.0), Reggie Williams (3.2)
Toronto Top Assists – Rajon Rondo (10.4), Kevin King (3.7), Trent Bailey (3.2)

League Top Points – Lebron James MIA (28.9), Kevin Durant OKC (24.8), Derrick Rose CHI (23.7), Blake Griffin ORL (23.5)
League Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard TOR (12.7), Amar’e Stoudemire NYK (12.1), Andrew Bogut LAC (11.2), Marc Gasol MEM (11.1)
League Top Assists – Chris Paul PHI (10.6), Rajon Rondo TOR (10.4), Deron Williams UTA (9.7), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.6)
League Top Blocks – Justin Cabrera IND (4.3), Brian Johnson NEV (4.1), Derrick Favors NJN (4.1), Dwight Howard TOR (4.0)
League Top Steals – Gerald Wallace CHA (1.9), Monta Ellis GSW (1.9), Chris Paul PHI (1.8), Brian Iacona NOH (1.8)
League Top FG% - Dwight Howard TOR (.595), Nikola Pekovic UTA (.561), Anthony Morrow MIN (.559), Greg Oden POR (.558)
League Top 3P% - Trent Bailey TOR (.500), Anthony Morrow MIN (.489), Boleslav Silajdic NEV (.484), Chris Paul PHI (.483)
League Top FT% - Luke Babbitt POR (.949), Paul George POR (.920), David West NOH (.903), Mo Williams DEN (.901)
League Top Turnovers – OJ Mayo MEM (4.7), Aaron Brooks HOU (4.3), Boleslav Silajdic NEV (4.2), Brandon Roy POR (4.1)

Rookie Top Points – Matt Bailey LAL (16.4), Kyle Craig NOH (16.3), Matt Davis CLE (14.7), Brian Iacona NOH (9.7)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Matt Bailey LAL (9.9), Derrick Chambless BOS (7.9), Joshua Potter DEN (5.7), MAXIME Videnov CLE (5.4)
Rookie Top Assists – Brian Iacona NOH (5.2), Matt Davis CLE (3.7), Jeremy Dumic DAL (3.2), Jason Roe ORL (3.0)

Second round of draft prospects (previous rankings in brackets) –

1 (2) – SF Osmo Koslewski (Poland) 18 years old
Has upped his stats across the board and is streaking away for being the consensus number one pick early on.

2 (1) – PF Oti Brown (Florida) Freshman
Looking good as the best PF in the class but Roy Michaels in nipping at his heels.

3 (3) – PF Roy Michaels (Auburn) Freshman
Has better stats than Brown but doesn’t have the as much potential as this moment.

4 (NR) – C Jarvis Collier (Purdue) Sophomore
Very big frame and can swallow rebounds whole. Not the best scorer but is a handy defender.

5 (4) – SG Sebastian Ortega (Argentina) 19 years old
Has dropped his play because of conditioning but with his talent fitness can be taught. Look to be higher on the board closer to the draft.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Lebron James is making it a habit of winning Player of the Month titles, this time snapping up the January crown with averages of 30.1 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 1.5 steals and 0.8 blocks as the Heat went 10-6 during the month.

Another player making a habit of being awarded titles is Matt Bailey, who has earned himself his third successive Rookie of the Year crown. For the month of January Bailey averaged 17.1 points, 9.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 3.9 blocks and 0.8 steals as the Lakers had a 9-5 record on that stretch.

More trades last month.

Portland trades:
2016 1st round pick

New Jersey trades:
SF Bobby Ellis

Why for Portland:
The Trailblazers are sitting at 27-18 and currently third in the West so giving up their pick for a tall yet average player wasn’t a big deal. Ellis won’t set the world on fire but is capable of giving 10 minutes a game for Portland.

Why for New Jersey:
They believe now Brook Lopez is out of a LONG time with a torn knee tendon that they won’t be making any noise in the playoffs so they are stockpiling draft picks for their seldom used players which are a good idea.

Winner – New Jersey
They got a first round pick for someone that is expendable which is good for a team looking for picks.

Oklahoma City trades:
PG Darren Collison

Boston trades:
PG Terrico White

Why for Oklahoma City:
Can we just skip these Thunder trades and give the winner to the other team? Another stinker as they trade for a worse player on a longer contract at the same position which makes no sense to me.

Why for Boston:
They trade for a better player on a shorter contract and screw up the Thunder even more.

Winner – Boston
The usual awful trade by Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City trades:
SF Lonnie Morris
2016 1st round pick

New Jersey trades:
C Noel Wooley

Why for Oklahoma City:
I am shocked, it’s actually a trade that the Thunder didn’t get fleeced. Wooley is a good defensive centre and all they give up is a scrub and a non-lottery first rounder.

Why for New Jersey:
Getting another pick here is good and all but they traded away one of their three true centres and one happens to be in a wheelchair. I guess their own pick will be a good one.

Winner – Oklahoma City
If you pull off enough trades you are bound to be the winner in one of them.

There is a player I have had my eye on for a while now and he would be a great addition to our bench so I pull the trigger –

Toronto trades:
PF Ryan Serraville
PG Andrew Norwood
SG Jason Terry
PG Chauncey Billups

Portland trades:
C Kenneth Thornton

Why for Toronto:
The players they traded were all end of bench guys so they won’t be missed and Thornton bolsters their big man stocks immensely. Terry has been released and will be picked up by the Raptors straight away.

Why for Portland:
They needed more PG depth so getting Billups will be a godsend as having Brandon Roy at PG is causing too many turnovers. The other players are end of bench guys here as well.

Winner – Toronto
Thornton is a fantastic defensive centre and as the Raptors have a whole army’s worth of firepower he will excel in what he does.

Thornton slots in as our 7th man as I sign Jason Terry back as well as picking up Eric Maynor for some more PG depth.

In our first game for February we help our draft stocks with a 103-87 win over Memphis. Kenneth Thornton nabs 6 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in only 10 minutes which is exactly what I got him for. Kevin King demolished Rudy Gay with 25 points, 8 assists and 6 steals while Dwight Howard had 26 points and 13 rebounds. Ed Davis is getting grumpy again as he only played 15 minutes for 4 points and 5 rebounds while Claudio Carrera was the best Grizzly with 18 points and 18 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 41-4

Kevin King again lights up an opposing SF in our 116-80 win over Philadelphia. Wesley Johnson has been in the All-Defensive teams three times in his career but couldn’t stop King from 33 points and 7 rebounds as Rajon Rondo helped out with 17 points and 10 assists. Jason Richardson was the best for the 76ers with 18 points off the bench.

Toronto Raptors 42-4

It’s Dwight Howard’s turn to light up their defenders in our 120-103 win over New Jersey. Granted the defenders were Troy Murphy and Dan Carter as Howard had 27 points and 10 rebounds with Kevin King (33 points) and Rajon Rondo (17 points 14 assists) providing back up. Devin Harris tried his best with 19 points but they didn’t have enough size and strength to go against our bigs.

Toronto Raptors 43-4

Its win number 20 in a row with a 120-89 win over Milwaukee as Rajon Rondo won POG with 20 points and 10 assists. All five of our starters were over 12 points as well has Reggie Williams who had 13 points in 17 minutes as we shot 59% from the field. Marcus Thornton top scored with 23 points for the losers.

Toronto Raptors 44-4

Washington has been good this year (4th in the East) but we have been godly as we outscore them 43-19 in the first quarter on our way to a 117-104 win. Dwight Howard had 24 poitns and 17 rebounds, Tim Mozgov had 20 points and 5 blocks while Kevin King scored 23 points but had a massive 9 turnovers. John Wall was the best for the young Wizards with 20 points and 8 assists before fouling out while Rashid Shiran had 17 points and 12 rebounds. Shiran is a free agent this year so it will be interesting to see what kind of money is thrown at him.

Toronto Raptors 45-4

We win again, this time 112-80 over Phoenix. Kevin King had 30 points while D&M had 38 points, 29 rebounds and 8 blocks to decimate the Suns frontline. Marlon Zinn was their only resistance with 25 points as the other Suns didn’t come to play tonight. Zinn also torn his MCL which will heep him out of a Suns uniform for over a year which is going to screw Phoenix because he was looking like a franchise type player.

Toronto Raptors 46-4

Our last game before the All-Star weekend is a 103-76 shellacking of the woeful Nevada Neon. Tim Mozgov was the best with 26 points and 11 rebounds but all in all it was just a training game as the Neon have been downright D-League this year and to make matters worse they traded away their first round pick to Philadelphia in a great draft.

Toronto Raptors 47-4

The All Star festivities roll around again with Hasheem Walker (IND) winning the Dunk Contest again beating Eryon Ellis (PHO) in the final 65-60. Mike Miller (MIA) made up for losing last year by winning this year’s Long Distance Shootout over Anthony Morrow (MIN) and Nicolas Batum (LAC). We actually had someone competing this year with Trent Bailey losing in the first round.

The Rookies used a 46-35 last quarter surge to win over the Sophomores 136-125 as Kyle Craig scored the most points in a Rookie/Sophomore game ever with 49 points. He went 18/29 from the field and 12/13 from the line in a truly dominate display.

Rookie Starters –
PG Brian Iacona – New Orleans
SG Kyle Craig – New Orleans
SF Jason Roe – Orlando
PF Joshua Potter – Denver
C Mike Ohnstad – Los Angeles Clippers

For some reason Matt Bailey didn’t play as he isn’t injured. Some say that he was sitting out because he was going to be an All Star but he didn’t make the team.

Sophomore Starters –
PG Garick Sharp – Memphis
SG Tony Chase – San Antonio
SF Jim Seymour – Boston
PF Gelnn Harris – Indiana
C Dexter Floyd – Milwaukee

In one of the most lopsided All Star games in recent history, or any history for that matter the Eastern All Stars beat the West 152-104 as our own Dwight Howard took home MVP honours with 29 points, 13 rebounds and 5 blocks in only 29 minutes. We had two other All Stars with Kevin King scoring 29 points in 27 minutes off the bench and Tim Mozgov getting 11 minutes, scoring 4 points. The top scorer for the West was Travis Randolph who had 22 points off the bench.

West Starters –
Deron Williams, Utah
Tyreke Evans, Sacramento
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City
Pau Gasol, San Antonio
Andrew Bogut, Los Angeles Clippers

East Starters –
Derrick Rose, Chicago
Dwayne Wade, Miami
Lebron James, Miami
Blake Griffin, Orlando
Dwight Howard, Toronto.

Some thoughts about the All Star game –
Golden State had three players named in Monta Ellis, David Lee and Steph Curry.
Paul George (POR) was named in the West.
Kevin Martin (NJN), Derrick Favors (NJN) and John Wall (WAS) were fresh faces for the East.
The streaking New York Knicks only had one All Star in Amar’e Stoudemire.

We have a scare in our first game back from the weekend as Milwaukee uses a 46-32 fourth quarter comeback to go down by only five points, 120-115. Dwight Howard puts Dexter Floyd to the sword with 38 points, 18 rebounds and 4 blocks while newcomer Kenneth Thornton has 6 points, 6 rebounds and 4 blocks in only 9 minutes. Andrew Reed bests Tim Mozgov with 21 points and 12 rebounds while Danny Granger chips in with 21 points of his won. The Bucks shoot 18/38 three pointers which is just nuts.

Toronto Raptors 48-4

Its win number 25 in a row with a comfortable 105-76 win over Oklahoma City as Reggie Williams fills in for Kevin King who fouls out in only 15 minutes. Williams had 27 points and 5 rebounds while Kevin Durant shot 17 free throws on his way to 26 points. The Thunder shot 28% from the field and a crazy 2/24 (8%) from the three point line with Jordan Crawford going 1/9.

Toronto Raptors 49-4

We are the first to get to 50 wins but it was a scrap as we win 103-100 over the improved Wizards. Tim Mozgov had a great game with 22 points and 20 rebounds while Trent Bailey stepped up with 22 points, 7 assists and 5 steals. On the other side, John Wall shot terribly going 4/15 for 9 points but he had 16 assists to help his team out.

Toronto Raptors 50-4

Our streak continues behind Kevin King’s 36 points as we win 107-84 against Philadelphia. Kenneth Thornton plays 20 minutes because of Dwight Howard’s foul trouble and has 12 points and 7 rebounds. Wesley Johnson top scored for the 76ers with 23 points but they shot 36% from the field which will never help a team.

Toronto Raptors 51-4

105-97 is the score that finally broke our streak to a team most people would not believe. I’m talking about the Memphis Grizzlies. Yep, the team we are banking on to get us a high pick beat us as Rudy Gay had 23 points while OJ Mayo has been moved back to his natural SG position and scores 20 points. Dwight Howard was the best for us with 22 points and 10 rebounds but it feels strange to lose to a team like the Grizzlies.

Toronto Raptors 51-5

We are still going at a historic pace yet only 1.5 games ahead of New York who have a 51-8 record, while the third ranked team in the East is a whopping 11 games behind at 41-17 (Chicago). Detroit is last in the conference at 15-41 while our pick is second last at 21-36.

In the West Oklahoma City has wrestled the lead back at 36-22 but Portland are right behind them at 35-22. San Antonio is last with 15-41 which leads me to ask, “Why was Pau Gasol in an All Star game when his team is last in the league?” Oh well it must have been all those Spaniards voting for him.

Toronto Top Points – Kevin King (21.9), Dwight Howard (19.8), Tim Mozgov (17.9), Trent Bailey (12.0)
Toronto Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard (12.3), Tim Mozgov (10.7), Kenneth Thornton (6.4), Kevin King (4.8)
Toronto Top Assists – Rajon Rondo (10.4), Kevin King (3.8), Trent Bailey (3.3), Kenny Costa (1.9)

League Top Points – Lebron James MIA (27.8), Kevin Durant OKC (24.6), Derrick Rose CHI (23.7), Monta Ellis GSW (22.7)
League Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard TOR (12.3), Amar’e Stoudemire NYK (11.9), Andrew Bogut LAC (11.3), Marc Gasol MEM (10.9)
League Top Assists – Chris Paul PHI (10.7), Rajon Rondo TOR (10.4), Deron Williams UTA (10.0), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.4)
League Top Blocks – Justin Cabrera PHI* (4.5), Derrick Favors NJN (4.0), Andrew Bogut LAC (4.0), Dwight Howard TOR (3.8)

*Cabrera was traded last month, so his trade will be summarized in next month’s write-up.

League Top Steals – Monta Ellis GSW (1.9), Kevin King TOR (1.8), Andre Iguodala LAL (1.8), Chris Paul PHI (1.8)
League Top FG% - Dwight Howard TOR (.587), Greg Oden POR (.560), Tim Mozgov TOR (.558), Anthony Morrow MIN (.550)
League Top 3P% - Manu Ginobili UTA (.488), Anthony Morrow MIN (.488), Trent Bailey TOR (.484), Mike Miller MIA (.450)
League Top FT% - Luke Babbitt POR (.957), Paul George POR (.922), Mo Williams DEN (.908), Kevin Martin NJN (.896)
League Top Turnovers – OJ Mayo MEM (4.4), Vlasi Kazapov LAC (4.1), Brandon Roy POR (4.0), Tony Chase SAS (4.0)

Rookie Top Points – Kyle Craig NOH (16.0), Matt Bailey LAL (15.7), Matt Davis CLE (15.0), Joshua Potter DEN (9.8)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Matt Bailey LAL (9.8), Derrick Chambless BOS (8.2), Joshua Potter DEN (5.6), MAXIME Videnov CLE (5.3)
Rookie Top Assists – Brian Iacona NOH (5.1), Matt Davis CLE (3.4), Jason Roe ORL (2.9), Mike Ohnstad LAC (2.9)

Third round of draft prospects (previous rankings in brackets) –

1 (1) – SF Osmo Koslewski (Poland) 18 years old
He has raced away to be the clear cut first overall pick in the coming draft.

2 (2) – PF Oti Brown (Florida) Freshman
Although he is not putting up the numbers that Roy Michaels is, he has more tools that translate into the NBA game.

3 (5) – SG Sebastian Ortega (Argentina) 19 years old
Has started to become the third player in a three player draft with his all around game gaining high praise.

4 (3) – PF Roy Michaels (Auburn) Freshman
Whoever is looking for a PF and Brown is off the board then they shouldn’t take too much time in picking Michaels as he will also be a very good NBA player.

5 (NR) – PG Jerry Dickenman (North Carolina) Freshman
Although he is quite skinny he does have amazing court vision and deft hands but his position as best PG in the draft is still up for grabs.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:31 am

In a bittersweet turn of events Marlon Zinn was named February Player of the Month. The Phoenix Sun averaged 26.3 points, 8.9 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 2.0 steals before his season was cut short after tearing his MCL in the game against Toronto. The Suns were on a six game winning streak before Zinn went down and have gone 1-6 since his injury.

Matt Bailey is very much the front runner for Rookie of the Year after being awarded his fourth consecutive Rookie of the Month title. For the month of February he averaged 13.2 points, 9.2 rebounds and 3.8 blocks as his Los Angeles Lakers went 5-8 in that stretch.

The league has been trade crazy these past few years, especially now GMs have become more relaxed with their first round picks. Here are February’s –

Houston trades:
2016 1st round pick

Milwaukee trades:
SG Chris Norvell

Why for Houston:
Courtney Lee is a good starting SG but their bench SGs are very thin. Grevis Vasquez is a PG who can fill in as SG while Estell Phillips has potential coming out his ears he isn’t at that point yet so they grab a small SG who can do it all. He doesn’t do anything great but he does everything good which is what is needed in a bench SG.

Why for Milwaukee:
They traded for Jrue Holiday (see below) who although is a PG he has had great success as a SG next to Chris Paul in Philadelphia. This meant that Norvell was expendable and to get a low non-lottery pick is about right for him.

Winner – Both
They both got what they needed while giving up what they didn’t.

New Jersey trades:
SG Terrence Williams
PG Darrell Rolle

Milwaukee trades:
SF Danny Granger

Why for New Jersey:
Granger may be 32 and have a long contract but he can fill up the basket with the best of them. Although they won’t see much return this year because Brook Lopez is out next season will be very interesting.

Why for Milwaukee:
They realised that they weren’t going to make much noise with this group so traded for a guy (Williams) who has a contract that expires a year earlier while going into tank mode. Rolle is filler.

Winner – New Jersey
They got the best player in the deal while giving up two guys who were good but not great.

Philadelphia trades:
C Chris Walker

Indiana trades:
C Justin Cabrera

Why for Philadelphia:
It’s time to roll the dice and go all in. Cabrera will most likely be moved onto another team after this season but the 76ers are hoping that he can hold it together until after the playoffs. Huge gamble that could pay off even bigger.

Why for Indiana:
Walker is a great rebounder but not much else in every other areas but they needed to get Cabrera off the team for it to start to gel. Roy Hibbert and Gelnn Harris will be great together and won’t have to worry about a distraction.

Winner – Philadelphia
Usually the team that trades Cabrera away is the winner but the 76ers are so close that this may put them over the edge.

Portland trades:
PF Patrick Wright

Detroit trades:
PG Mike Conley

Why for Portland:
They decided that they needed a bit more PG depth and Conley is as pure a PG as you can get. He is now their 6th man who will come in and slide Brandon Roy to SG for a better fit.

Why for Detroit:
Patrick Wright is sitting at their 11th man position and they have Corey Hines as their PG. The Pistons are in disarray at the moment.

Winner – Portland
Portland gets someone they needed while Detroit gets worse.

New Jersey trades:
PG Louis Williams

Milwaukee trades:
SG Marcus Thornton

Why for New Jersey:
Thornton has been fantastic for the Bucks, averaging nearly 16 points a game which will come in handy if All Star Kevin Martin bolts in free agency. They also didn’t have any depth at SG which alleviates that problem.

Why for Milwaukee:
The Bucks now have six PGs on the team and 6’11, 279lb C Vandyke Bushnell starting at SF. They need some help but at least they aren’t as bad as Detroit.

Winner – New Jersey
Another smooth move by the Nets sees them ‘net’ a great young player. Groan.

Philadelphia trades:
PG Jrue Holiday

Milwaukee trades:
PF Tengiz Davidov

Why for Philadelphia:
They really have decided to go all as they acquired the talented yet crazy Davidov to go along with Justin Cabrera. This could be genius or get a certain GM Ed Stefanski fired. Time will tell.

Why for Milwaukee:
Another PG on the team but at least this one can start at SG and making another super small starting backcourt with Brandon Jennings.

Winner – Milwaukee
I was going to say neither but at least Holiday fits somewhat of a need.

Portland trades:
PG Armon Johnson
PG Tony Douglas
SG Thabo Sefolosha

New Jersey trades:
SG Willie Warren

Why for Portland:
The three players going out weren’t good enough to lose sleep over while Warren has been known to break out when given enough minutes like he did with Chicago. New Jersey didn’t play him right so they needed to trade him.

Why for New Jersey:
All three players are expiring contracts so this trade saves them around $5 million which is good for a player they weren’t really using.

Winner – Portland
Sure the Nets save money but if the Trailblazers can use Warren right they will have got a steal.

We go into Boston and make amends for our loss to Memphis with a 121-95 routing of the Celtics. Dwight Howard shot 10/14 from the field and 10/14 from the free throw line for 30 points, 19 rebounds and 6 blocks as he was helped by Kevin King’s 34 points. Tony Rein had 26 points while newly acquired Darren Collison had 16 points off the bench.

Toronto Raptors 52-5

Our 118-99 win over Orlando was overshadowed by Rajon Rondo breaking his ankle and will be out of action for nearly two months. Kenny Costa filled in with 8 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds while Trent Bailey scored 28 points and Kevin King put in 32 points but this sets us back majorly. Let’s just hope Kenny Costa is up to the challenge. Oh yeah, Blake Griffin had 22 points and 15 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 53-5

Luckily our first game since the injury was against the lowly Spurs as we won 102-82 as Kenny Costa had 9 points and 3 assists. Trent Bailey will need to become more of a facilitator now and tonight he had 21 points and 6 assists while Tim Mozgov also had 21points. We got outrebounded badly 53-39 behind Tiago Splitter’s 18 points and 15 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 54-5

We dismantle the Neon 99-80 as Dwight Howard shot a ridiculous 29 foul shots, hitting 16 on his way to a 36 point, 20 rebound field day against the usually pretty good Brian Johnson. Tim Mosgov also played with the Nevada frontline with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Avgustin Leonov was the best for the Neon with 18 points off the bench.

Toronto Raptors 55-5

I knew we would get smashed without our captain and tonight it was a 104-83 loss to Denver. Travis Randolph was close to a triple double with 12 points, 9 blocks and 8 rebounds and he bothered Dwight Howard all night. The Nuggets had seven players in double figures as we had Kevin King with 26 points and 7 assists and not much else.

Toronto Raptors 55-6

Oh great, the 55-9 Knicks. What’s this? We blow them out? With Trent Bailey leading the way with 33 points we win 120-102 to lift our spirits. Kenny Costa had his best game starting with 13 points and 7 assists while Kevin King took over from Rondo and gave out 10 helpers to go along with his 15 points. Raymond Felton top scored for New York with 27 points but we kept them to only 39% shooting.

Toronto Raptors 56-6

The next night the Knicks take out their frustration with us on the lowly Pistons, beating them 129-75 and having a largest lead of 54 points. Ouch.

We stomp on the Bulls the night after that 109-83 as Kenny Costa is become more and more comfortable with the starting job as he had 14 points and 7 assists. Another player becoming comfortable is Trent Bailey as he has taken it upon himself to lead this team now as he had 29 points and 8 assists. Tim Mogov chipped in with 20 points and 16 rebounds while Kevin King had 25 points. The Bulls shoto 30% from the field behind some great numbers like JR Smith’s 5/17 and Jarrett Jack’s 3/14. Yuck.

Toronto Raptors 57-6

The Wizards just can’t get past us as we spank them again 117-80 with D&M doing the damage to the tune of 28 points, 14 rebounds and 12 blocks. Sure not one of their biggest nights but it was all that was needed. Another team was kept under 40% shooting, this time Washington could only manage 35% as John Wall went 6/21 against our second year PG.

Toronto Raptors 58-6

The Lakers have been up and down this season and when we went into Staples Centre they were up as they beat us 110-102 as Matt Bailey showed that he was the next big thing with 29 points, 14 rebounds and 7 blocks against the old big thing in Dwight Howard. Kevin King had 21 points and 10 rebounds but we shot poorly from everywhere.

Toronto Raptors 58-7

Kenny Costa logged his first career double double with 10 points and 14 assists in our 116-102 win over Phoenix. Tim Mozgov was awarded player of the game with 29 points and 13 rebounds while Xavier Henry had 25 points for the losers.

Toronto Raptors 59-7

Andrew Bogut again played well against us with 25 points, 14 rebounds and 5 blocks but we came out of LA with a 108-100 win as Tim Mozgov says whatever you can do Dwight I can do better with 23 points, 11 rebounds and 7 blocks. Kenny Costa also showed up with 18 points and 7 assists. Nicolas Batum had 23 points off the bench to help Bogut.

Toronto Raptors 60-7

The injury bug hit us again in our 112-100 win over Sacramento as Tim Mozgov hurt his finger and will be out for nearly two weeks. Treny Bailey had 22 points while Boris Diaw stepped in for Mozgov with 10 rebounds off the bench. Tyreke Evans was sloppy on his way to a stat stuffing night as he had 35 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds but also 8 turnovers.

Toronto Raptors 61-7

We get run over by Portland 119-100 as Tim Mozgov continued in the starting line-up but we will see how that goes as he only had 6 points and 2 rebounds. Trent Bailey has one of his best games with 35 points on 11/18 three pointers which is madness. Paul George had 22 points while newcomer Willie Warren stepped in for the injured Brandon Roy and also had 22 points.

Toronto Raptors 61-8

After the game Boris Diaw blasted Rudy T to the media saying that as Tim was injured he should have got more than six minutes in the Portland game. You know what I did? I blasted him back. No-one talks to their coach that way and I had a few players come up to me later saying that they respected what I had done and I wasn’t the bad guy in the problem. Which made me smile.

We lose our first game at home all season, which isn’t surprising going down 117-110 to Minnesota. Evan Turner had 31 points while the dead-eye shooting of Anthony Morrow was again on show has he hit 7 of his 11 shots on his way to 19 points. It’s not often that you find a SG shooting at .558 from the field. Dwight Howard was the best for us with 22 points and 13 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors 61-9

Our last game for March is a 108-98 win over Charlotte with Dwight Howard being the man with 22 points and 16 rebounds. Trent Bailey had 25 points and Kevin King dished out 10 assists. Povilas Tailos was close to a triple double with 23 points, 10 assists and 7 turnovers.

Toronto Raptors 62-9

So with 11 games to go we are only half a game in front of New York who I think with all our injuries is going to take home court advantage. Chicago is third at 8.5 games behind but from there it’s just the also-rans. Detroit is still last with an 18-54 record while our pick is at 23-51.

Oklahoma City has proven me wrong by surging ahead of the pack to a 49-25 record with Portland 7.5 games behind. Nevada has taken last place in the West with their 19-53 record.

Toronto Top Points – Kevin King (21.7), Dwight Howard (18.7), Tim Mozgov (17.4), Trent Bailey (13.9)

*Bailey has averaged nearly 22 points a game since Rondo went down.

Toronto Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard (12.2), Tim Mozgov (10.4), Kenneth Thornton (6.0), Kevin King (4.9)
Toronto Top Assists – Rajon Rondo (10.3), Kevin King (4.0), Trent Bailey (3.5), Kenny Costa (3.0)

League Top Points – Lebron James MIA (26.3), Kevin Durant OKC (24.2), Blake Griffin ORL (23.9), Carmelo Anthony CLE (23.3)
League Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard TOR (12.2), Amar’e Stoudemire NYK (11.8), Andrew Bogut LAC (11.4), Marc Gasol MEM (11.3)
League Top Assists – Chris Paul PHI (10.8), Rajon Rondo TOR (10.3), Deron Williams UTA (10.3), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.2)
League Top Blocks – Justin Cabrera PHI (4.6), Andrew Bogut LAC (4.1), Travis Randolph DEN (3.8), Derrick Favors NJN (3.8)
League Top Steals – Gerald Wallace CHA (1.9), Monta Ellis GSW (1.9), Andre Iguodala LAL (1.8), Brian Iacona NOH (1.8)
League Top FG% - Greg Oden POR (.579), Dwight Howard TOR (.570), Nikola Pekovic UTA (.560), Anthony Morrow MIN (.560)
League Top 3P% - Trent Bailey TOR (.500), Anthony Morrow MIN (.476), Mike Miller MIA (.470), Manu Ginobili UTA (.457)
League Top FT% - Luke Babbitt POR (.959), Paul George POR (.937), Mo Williams DEN (.909), Kevin Martin NJN (.896)
League Top Turnovers – OJ Mayo MEM (4.7), Vlasi Kazapov LAC (4.1), Boleslav Silajdic NEV (4.0), Aaron Brooks HOU (3.9)

Rookie Top Points – Kyle Craig NOH (17.3), Matt Bailey LAL (16.5), Matt Davis CLE (15.2), Joshua Potter DEN (9.9)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Matt Bailey LAL (9.8), Derrick Chambless BOS (8.3), Joshua Potter DEN (5.7), MAXIME Videnov CLE (5.4)
Rookie Top Assists – Brian Iacona NOH (5.9), Matt Davis CLE (3.1), Jason Roe ORL (3.1), Jeremy Dumic DAL (2.8)

Fourth and last round of draft prospects (previous rankings in brackets) –

1 (2) – PF Oti Brown (Florida) Freshman
Is now near the numbers of Roy Michaels and is absolutely ballin’. I would never have guessed that Brown would catch Koslewski but his play says otherwise.

2 (1) – SF Osmo Koslewski (Poland) 18 years old
Has dropped a little because of playing so much but is still very much in the top two best players.

3 (4) – PF Roy Michaels (Auburn) Freshman
I just can’t pick this draft. Just when I had all but cast Michaels out of Tier 1 he comes racing back into it.

4 (3) – SG Sebastian Ortega (Argentina) 19 years old
Has slipped a little but look for him to be a guaranteed top 5 pick. Especially with such a weak SG crop as the next SG is at #18 (Tahric Tahid).

5 (5) – PG Jerry Dickenman (North Carolina) Freshman
I have a sneaky suspicion that Dickenman will be the first PG chosen, even though Nick Babul and Lawrence McSwain are right behind him.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby K.J. » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am

As usual, this is a great read. I must say that you are on a rampage. Good luck on repeating.
K.J.

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports