You're Moving Us To Toronto?!!

Postby zike_42 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:58 am

The Supersonics are back! That’s the news out of Seattle as the new expansion team has taken the Supersonic name for their new franchise. The name has been out of use since they were moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 but with the franchise competition last year the voting public were begging for a new team to be located in Seattle and the league responded. The Supersonics will have their iconic Green and Yellow colours as well as using their old logo. The city of Seattle has built a state of the art stadium last year which will hold just over 17,000 screaming fans. They will choose first in the expansion draft as well as having the fourth selection in the upcoming NBA Draft.

The other expansion team was heading to the surprising city of Honolulu who have decided on the name “Honolulu Sharks” for their abundance to shark life that swim in their waters. The team believe that the shark image promotes strength and power which will intimidate other teams in the league. Their new stadium will be called “The Volcano” and holds over 18,500 fans. The colours of the Sharks are light blue, light orange and black and will have an orange away jersey with blue trim. These colours signify the colourful people and their outstanding weather. The light blue tells of the cloud free skies and the orange shows the sun beaming down on the Hawaiian people. Honolulu will pick second in the expansion draft and will have the fifth pick in the Draft.

Both teams sounds good but unfortunately for us we get shunted down the #6 pick in the draft. Oh well I guess I can work around that.

I protect all but JJ Hickson and Al Jefferson because I’m hoping one or both get picked up here which will get us out of a whole lotta cash.

The best players in this expansion draft (excluding Jefferson and Hickson) –
PG Cerrah Melen (NJN)
PG Adam Holley (MIN)
SF Al-Farouq Aminu (MEM)
PG Dana Moore (IND)
SG Estell Phillips (HOU)
C MAXIME Videnov (CLE)
PG LaVell Deeter (CLE)

A lot of good young guys who are raw but have loads of potential. I’m surprised that Videnov was unprotected and will be a great pick up for one of the teams.

Seattle’s picks –
SF Al-Farouq Aminu
SF Da’Sean Butler
PF Boris Diaw
SG Antonio Lytle
PG Cerrah Melen
C David Phillips
SG Ryan Howell
C Chuck Hayes

Honolulu’s picks –
C Al Jefferson (yay!)
PG Adam Holley
PG Carlton Abrams
SG Eric Marshall
C Hassan Whiteside
C Matt Simpson
PG Andrew Norwood
SG Derrick Magloire
SF Sean Scruggs.

Both teams did well picking young, good attitude players with short contracts (except for Jefferson) but it will all depend on their draft picks and free agency. At this stage both teams have started well.

We have no coaches so a clean slate. I’m looking for coaches who are good at developing young players so I offer a 3 year contract to Mike Woodson for the head coaching position and he agrees straight away. For our 1st assistant I throw a curveball and sign 39 year old Tye Coursey who is already a great developer as well as knowing how to run an offense. Ex-Raptor Damon Stoudamire signed as our second assistant and Jeff Ruland is coming aboard as our third assistant.

2016 Mock Draft –
1 – Toronto – SF Osmo Koslewski
2 – Oklahoma City – PF Oti Brown
3 – Philadelphia – SG Sebastian Ortega
4 – Seattle – C Jarvis Collier
5 – Honolulu – PF Roy Michaels
6 – Detroit – C Colin Horvath
7 – San Antonio – PG Jerry Dickenman
8 – Charlotte – SG Tahric Tahid
9 – Dallas – PG Nick Babul
10 – Phoenix – C Ashley Mosley
11 – Sacramento – PG Ron Nelson
12 – Oklahoma City – C Quincy Sneed
13 – Phoenix – SF Nick Wise
14 – New Orleans – SF Cedric Fields
15 – Detroit – PG Kyle Wallace
16 – Utah – SG Anthony Bannon

Apart from the top three who look fantastic the rest of the lottery isn’t as bad as first thought. Michaels is good and there is good depth at C and PG which is the positions we need the most.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Phiter » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:34 pm

I just caught up reading this one and am looking forward to the new challenge you gave yourself. I have a rule that I move on to a new team when/if I win three championships, so it's kind of similar to what you did.

Also, be careful with your players. You might end up with another JJ Hickson who will blackmail you for a giant contract like that. How else would he have gotten it?
Phiter

Postby zike_42 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:55 am

My god I have no idea how Hickson got that deal and now I'm stuck with him because they have all woken up to how annoyingly average his is. I really want to trade him this season to open up some more minutes for Kelvin Rivers.

It's going to be interesting because I'm used to going 13-1/12-2 in a month and I'm sure that's not going to happen with this team.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:06 am

2016 NBA Draft

Before the draft starts proper, I trade our #6 and #35 picks to Seattle for their #4 pick as I have a hunch one of the big three prospects will fall to #4 but not to #6.

1 – Toronto – PF Roy Michaels
Wow I did not see this at all but it good for us. Michaels will be a great player but Oti Brown was first PF off the board in my opinion.

2 – Oklahoma City – PF Oti Brown
That’s more like it. Brown is good now but he is oozing with potential and could become the best player in this draft.

Golden State tries and steal Kelvin Rivers off us but I have none of it.

3 – Philadelphia – SG Sebastian Ortega
This is the best fit of any team in this draft. The 76ers had SF Luol Deng starting at SG which wasn’t the best idea but now Ortega and Paul will become one of the best starting back courts in the league and will only get better.

Seattle offers SG Ryan Howell for our PF Chezley Jones which I accept. It’s a bit of a nothing trade but we get rid of a player that didn’t want to be here.

There isn’t much doubt as to who we will be picking as my top recruit is still on the board and I don’t wait the five minutes to name him.

4 – Detroit – SF Osmo Koslewski
Sure we have a logjam at SF now but in my opinion he is the best player in the draft.

5 – Honolulu – PF Rob Penders
No thanks. The first player drafted by the Sharks is a stinker. The experts pan this pick and I agree with them.

I’m trying to trade up from our pick 15 because there are a few players I want that will be gone by then so I flip our #15 and next year’s second round pick for Phoenix’s #13.

6 – Seattle – PG Jerry Dickenman
Damn. That was one of the players I wanted. He is a great point guard that if he can put on a bit of weight will be a great pick.

7 – San Antonio – PG Ron Nelson
Is a great point guard who averaged a triple double at Loyola MD but has a terrible attitude. If any team can change him it’s the Spurs.

8 – Charlotte – PG Lawrence McSwain
Wonderful, all my PG prospects are leaping off the board. McSwain is another quality PG but is very slight (157lbs).

I can’t wait any longer to see if my player will drop to #13 so I pull another trade –

Detroit trades:
#13 pick
SF Joe Taylor
SG Ryan Howell

Dallas trades:
#9 pick
SF Dion Carlisle

I will go over this trade at the end of the draft but I give the commissioner our pick.

9 – Detroit – C Colin Horvath
He is the best C in the draft and will really fill a need for us now Al Jefferson is gone.

10 – Phoenix – C Marcus Regis
Thank god we got ahead of Phoenix because they would have picked Horvath. Regis should not have been picked here as there were at least two other Cs who are better than him. Bad pick.

I want another SG so I go after a very underrated player who will help us straight away –

Detroit trades:
SF Dion Carlisle
SG Matt Dunn

Oklahoma City trades:
SG Jordan Crawford

11 – Sacramento – PG Nick Babul
Another very good PG and will cement this draft as one of the best PG ones in a long time. The Kings will be very happy that Babul fell here and will complement Tyreke Evans veryw ell.

12 – Oklahoma City – SF Cedric Fields
I’m not sure about this pick as I thought that Nick Wise would be the next SF picked after Osmo. That doesn’t mean that Fields a bad player I just thought he would be picked later.

13 – Dallas – SG Tahric Tahid
Even though he was rated as the next SG after Ortega I don’t like this guy in the lottery. He is short and slow and the Mavs will be regretting this pick later. But I did say about Boleslav Silajdic.

14 – New Orleans – SF Nick Wise
Good pick from the Hornets as he is a good pick here. He will never be the best offensive player but loves to crash the boards and do the dirty work.

15 – Phoenix – C Jarvis Collier
He has all the talent in the world but his attitude is atrocious. Think Justin Cabrera or Travis Randolph but not as talented. On paper the Suns got a steal here but they might not like it next season.

16 – Utah – SF Josh Starkey
Good shooter and defender but is a little too small and too slow to defend SGs. A bit of a reach at this stage of the draft.

17 – Minnesota – PG Kyle Wallace
Another quality PG who is probably the best passer in this draft. Think Chris Paul with his 6 foot frame but is quick and is a great stealer. The Timberwolves got a steal here.

18 – Milwaukee – C Ashley Mosley
Now this is a steal as he was thought to have been picked in the lottery. Another small C but is a great rebounder and shot blocker.

Utah offer me trash for Jeff Brown and I turn it down immediately.

19 – New Jersey – C Yusuf Periganovlu
Very slow C but when he gets the ball he does a lot with it. Nice pick up at this stage of the draft as he will help out when Brook Lopez gets injured again.

20 – Utah – SG Anthony Bannon
Usually when teams get to this stage there are players that people wonder how they slipped this far. Not a huge steal but a steal nonetheless.

21 – Orlando – SG Albert Wampler
One of the best scorers in the whole draft and when he is on not even Teen Wolf could slow him down. Other areas of his game are lacking though but will be a good punch off the Magic bench.

22 – Oklahoma City – C Sheridan Williams
I don’t know why he was picked before Quincy Sneed as Williams is very lazy on the court and is probably less talented than Sneed. Williams is a good player but they could have done better.

23 – Los Angeles Clippers – C Darrell Edwards
Now this is mind boggling. He has long arms and is a decent post offensive player but he could have been picked at the end of the first round.

I would trade up but I have run out of assets I want to give up, and no one will take on an injured Trevor Ariza.

24 – New Jersey – SF Tobarie Duncan
Yuck. What a wasted pick this is. Had great numbers at West Virginia but is not a first round pick.

25 – New Jersey – PG Ryan Hare
Great handles and a great passer but another wasted pick by the Nets. What is Billy King doing to this team?

26 – Miami – C DeShawn Logan
I have never seen a player drop as much as Sneed has. Logan is your run of the mill 6’9 C who is a good defender but is not a good offensive player. At 26 you can take a flyer on a player like Logan but Sneed was tabbed to go in the lottery at soon as 3 hours before the draft.

27 – Minnesota – C Quincy Sneed
Hallelujah! He finally gets picked. The Timberwolves will have to send a gift basket to all the other teams who overlooked him.

28 – Philadelphia –PG Lucas Roland
Will never be anything other than a backup point guard but with Chris Paul on the team that’s all the 76ers were looking for at this stage.

29 – Oklahoma City – SF Steven Clagget
Another player who slipped so the Thunder have got a steal. They will be very happy with Clagget as he will be a quality bench forward and puts in the hard work in the gym.

30 – Chicago – PG Jason Richardson
Is still raw but if he can put it all together he might even be a starter one day. Not on the Bulls of course as they have Derrick Rose but Richardson (who looks a lot like the veteran free agent of the same name).

31 – New York – SF Clifford Cox
For the second last pick in the first round this is a good one. Very good scorer but doesn’t bring much else to the table.

32 – Memphis – PF Amir Linney
Great pick but guess what? He is another PF. What is up with the Grizzlies? No wonder they were one of the worst teams in the league.

Trades –

Detroit trades:
#13 pick
SF Joe Taylor
SG Ryan Howell

Dallas trades:
#9 pick
SF Dion Carlisle

Why for Detroit:
They move up four picks to select a player in Colin Horvath that they thought would not be there at pick 13. Joe Taylor was getting squeezed out with the selection of Osmo Koslewski.

Why for Dallas:
Dion Carlisle’s contract wasn’t very good as he still has 4 years left on his deal at over $5 million a year so they lose four picks but pick up two other young prospects in Taylor and Howell.

Winner – Both
Detroit got their centre but had to take on salary while Dallas lost salary and picked up some good prospects. Good deal by both teams.

Portland trades:
SF Bobby Ellis
SF Travis Louis

San Antonio trades:
SF George-Marie Gauthier

Why for Portland:
They needed a guy who can score off the bench and Gauthier can do that in spades. Too bad the rest of his game isn’t up to par.

Why for San Antonio:
They didn’t like Gauthier’s allergy to defence so they traded him for two players who are only barely better at that aspect than the Frenchman.

Winner – Portland
They got a guy who can help out off the bench while San Antonio gain two guys who will be chained to the bench.

Detroit trades:
SF Dion Carlisle
SG Matt Dunn

Oklahoma City trades:
SG Jordan Crawford

Why for Detroit:
Carlisle is good but his contract is not. He was also in a position that the Pistons had enough players for him to expendable. They also needed some firepower and Crawford can score with the best of them.

Why for Oklahoma City:
They needed some SF depth and even a starter if Kevin Durant does the unthinkable and bolts. Steven Clagget may not be as good as Crawford but he is a decent replacement.

Winner – Detroit
Jordan Crawford will have free reign to shoot as much as he wants in this young Pistons team which will be just fine by him.

Golden State trades:
#22 pick

Oklahoma City trades:
SF Cedric Fields

Why for Golden State:
Fields is an above average defender and will fit in with the run and gun Warriors. By some miracle they trade for the #12 pick Fields and all they have to give up is the #22 pick.

Why for Oklahoma City:
They didn’t want to pay a player on a lottery salary so they dropped out of it all together and picked up decent big man Sheridan Williams with the #22 pick. But it begs the question – how did they drop 10 places for absolutely nothing?

Winner – Golden State
It was a gift wrapped in a present and the Warriors should run for the hills before they are charged with robbery.

New York trades:
SF Wilson Chandler

Milwaukee trades:
SG Icikas Skapovsky

Why for New York:
After their implosion in the last playoffs they decided that they needed a big guard off the bench so they can match up with bigger teams. Having a 6’4 Bebutov and 6’1 Felton has killed the Knicks in some games so picking up a 6’7 slasher in Skapovsky is a great deal.

Why for Milwaukee:
Trading Danny Granger has made them very small and a big hole at the SF position. In comes Wilson Chandler who at 6’8 will give them a starting SF who can run with other big forwards.

Winner – Both
They both had a need and filled it with one trade. This is how trades are supposed to work.

There were a couple other smaller trades made but they won’t have much of an impact on the league so I will skip over them.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Tim Moungey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 pm

I see Osmo, I think Orko, so he should be Osmo "The Trollan" Koslewski, even though he sounds Polish. :D
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 am

Getting rid of Al Jefferson has got us into the free agent bonanza this year as I renounce the contracts of Luis Scola, Corey Hines, Randy Foye, Patrick Wright, Landry Fields and Paolo Locatelli which brings us $21 million under the cap. I also give Kelvin Rivers a 2 year extension which would be classed as overpaying but I want to see what he can do with more minutes. And hell, it’s only two years.

The Summer League rolls around again and we have a few players who will be playing –
Jeff Brown
Osmo “Orko” Koslewski
Kelvin Rivers
Colin Horvath.

Osmo got the name ‘Orko’ because on the first day his came to the club one of our trainers called him ‘Orko’ by mistake and the name stuck. The trainer must be a big Masters of the Universe fan which outs me as a huge nerd for knowing that.

Our first game is a 96-81 win over San Antonio as Colin Horvath plays wonderfully for 12 points, 14 rebounds and 5 blocks while Orko wasn’t as good, going 2/10 from the field for 9 points. Tony Chase was the only Spur in double figures with 18 points.

Another win, this time a 99-97 squeaker over Dalas as Orko shakes off the nerves for 29 points and 7 rebounds while Kelvin Rivers chips in for 15 oints and 11 rebounds. On the Mavs, Ex-Piston Joe Taylor has 18 points while Tahric Tahid lives up to my bust label by going 3/16 for 11 points.

It’s three from three was we wipe the floor (by Detroit standards) with Minnesota 113-101 with Orko again starring with 32 points. Jeff Brown isn’t shooting much this summer league but when he does it usually goes in, this time going 5/7 for 15 points. Invitee Tyreck Few played 18 minutes and dished out 8 assists but didn’t take a shot and his only other statistic was a turnover. Quincy Sneed looks a lot rawer than I thought with 2 points while Kyle Wallace had 21 points for the Wolves.

We finally drop a game in a track meet as we lost to Milwaukee 116-110. Jason Thornton picked up player of the game with 22 points while Dexter Floyd had a 13 point, 10 rebound double double. We had six players in double figures with three of our bench players hitting that mark.

Our last game is a 89-72 loss to Boston as Orko was our only player over 7 points with 26. The Celtics didn’t do much better with Jim Seymour having 18 poitns and Jerrance Watkins doubling up off the bench.

We had some great signs for the future as Orko stood up as a scorer while Jeff Brown took big strides in being a quality player for us.

I’m looking for a PG or C but whoever it is will be a marquee player as I have loads of cash.

The top free agents are (have you got 10 minutes while I name them all) –
SF Lebron James
SF Kevin Durant
C Travis Randolph*
PF David Lee
PF Chris Bosh
PF Rashid Shiran*
PG Derrick Rose
C Yao Ming
PF Zach Randolph
SG Dwayne Wade
C Brook Lopez
C Michael Nicholson
PF Jason Beck
PG Boleslav Silajdic
PG Vlasi Kazapov*
PF Nikolos Bocarkov*
(* - restricted free agent)

Yeah, it’s that good.

Too bad Travis Randolph is a terrible human being as he would have been my first target but Derrick Rose is a very good silver medal so I offer him a five year max contract worth $95.7 million. I know it’s overpaying but he would look great in a Pistons uniform. I also hand out a 3 year, $11 million contract to Ty Lawson who will hopefully be Derrick Rose’s back up.

MASSIVE NEWS!! The Dallas Mavericks have stolen Lebron James for a 5 year, $111.7 million contract which has sent shockwaves around the league. Interestingly enough he didn’t do a “The Decision” show this time around, which may mean he has matured as a person.

In a move everybody saw coming Kevin Durant re-signed with the Thunder for a 6 year, $114.5 million contract on the same day Dallas splashed again by signing Rashid Shiran to a 5 year, $76.5 million offer sheet. They now play the waiting game to see if the Wizards will match.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I’m excited! Do you know why I’m excited? It’s because Derrick Rose has chosen the Pistons to play for for the next 5 years! Now, I just need to fill out the roster.

Yuck, the Phoenix Suns sign Corey Hines to a 4 year, $29.5 million contract. Good luck with that one guys. The same day DeMar DeRozan spreads his wings to Utah for a 4 year, $23.6 million contract. Let’s see how good he is when he doesn’t have the safety of the two time defending champions.

Ty Lawson signs here while Travis Randolph takes his talents to New Orleans on a 5 year, $65 million contract on the same day the signing of Rashid Shiran to the Mavs is official. The Mavs look dangerous while the Wizards were stupid not to match that offer.

I don’t have much money left so I offer some lesser known players some minimum cash as Tre Phillips, James Blanchard, Michael Nicholson and Jason Beck all re-sign with their respective teams while Houston signs Boleslav Silajdic to a 5 year deal. Brian Johnson, Chucky Durden, Michael Webb, Andre McQuay and Vlasi Kazapov sign tender offers with their teams so will be unrestricted free agents next off season.

I don’t want to see the Mavs’ bank balance as they re-sign Andrew Bynum to another gargantuan contract worth over $10 million a year for 4 years. I was wrong, as Denver match Travis Randolph’s offer sheet to New Orleans which will keep him in Colorado for another five years.

As most of the other elite players re-sign with their teams, Chris Bosh decided he has had enough of Miami and signed a 5 year deal with Boston which leaves Dwayne Wade all alone in Miami. Ben Gordon (the centre, not the SG) signs with us on the same day.

A few of the veteran players jump ship as Joe Johnson goes to Philly, Mo Williams to New Jersey, Kobe Bryant to Miami and Brendan Haywood to Orlando.

On the same day that Toronto gets better by signing Zach Randolph to a two year deal, Dirk Nowitzki signs with us for a two year minimum contract. I offered that to him with no confidence but he must like something that we have and decided to finish his career with us.

So comes the end of free agency and this one will change the way the NBA is played. But I’m not done. One day before training camp I pull of a big trade.

Detroit trades:
2017 1st round pick
SF Trevor Ariza
C Ben Gordon

Milwaukee trades:
C Dexter Floyd

Why for Detroit:
Even though they are very high on rookie Colin Horvath he still isn’t a starting C yet and they had 37 year old Dirk Nowitzki starting. In comes one of the best defensive Cs in the league which bolsters their line up immediately. They didn’t think they would get someone of Floyd’s talent in next year’s draft with the talent they have now.

Why for Milwaukee:
Floyd has been very inconsistent in his short career while rookie Ashley Mosley looks the goods so far. They also don’t think that the Pistons will be very good and are hoping for a high draft pick.

Winner – Detroit
They look completely different from the last season’s team and getting someone of Floyd’s talent level is probably better than what they could get with their draft pick.

Training camp came and went with a few notable surprises. Jeff Brown hasn’t improved as much as I had hoped while Orko looks the real deal. He looks similar to a young Kevin King but not having the potential that King showed.

Introducing your 2016-2017 Detroit Pistons –

PG – Derrick Rose
SG – Jordan Crawford
SF – Osmo ‘Orko’ Koslewski
PF – JJ Hickson
C – Dexter Floyd
6th – Dirk Nowitzki
7th – Brian Perkins
8th – Kelvin Rivers
9th – Ty Lawson
10th – Colin Horvath
11th – AJ Price
12th – Jeff Brown
IR – Al Collins

Eastern Conference Preview –
1st – Toronto Raptors
2nd – Philadelphia 76ers
3rd – Boston Celtics
4th – Memphis Grizzlies
5th – Cleveland Cavaliers
6th – New York Knicks
7th – Detroit Pistons
8th – New Jersey Nets
Last – New Orleans Hornets

Boston is very much not the third seed while Memphis isn’t much better with New York taking one of their places. New Orleans will probably be in the running for the worst record ever.

Western Conference Preview –
1st – Dallas Mavericks
2nd – Los Angeles Lakers
3rd – Minnesota Timberwolves
4th – Golden State Warriors
5th – Sacramento Kings
6th – Oklahoma City Thunder
7th – Milwaukee Bucks
8th – Denver Nuggets
Last – Seattle Supersonics

The Sonics are definitely the worst team in the West while the Timberwolves are definitely a top four team. Look for Denver to have trouble trading Travis Randolph and his massive contract.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 am

I’m really excited about this team and even though we won’t be gunning for a title like my previous team it will still be a great season.

Our first game was against the Magic in Orlando and we smash them 96-78 in a fantastic pick me up. Jordan Crawford had 23 points while Derrick Rose had 17 points, 10 assists and 8 turnovers. In his first NBA game Orko had 16 points. For some reason Jason Roe started at PG and had 8 turnovers as well while Jason Richardson top scored for the Magic with 13 points while Blake Griffin was held to only 10 points.

Detroit Pistons 1-0 [I actually wrote Toronto Raptors before I remembered]

Marlon Zinn is still out injured so we beat the Suns 98-76 as Dexter Floyd won Player of the Game award with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 6 blocks. Jordan Crawford top scored again with 24 points while Derrick Rose beat up Corey Hines who started at PG and annoyed me all night. I’m glad he is gone from our team as he would have dragged us down.

Detroit Pistons 2-0

In a huge statement game we destroy Philadelphia 114-89 as Derrick Rose totally outplayed Chris Paul with 34 points and 8 assists to Paul’s 16 points and 5 fouls. Ty Lawson had 12 points in 9 minutes and Jordan Crawford injured himself to 16 points. Justin Cabrera was the best for the 76ers with 20 points, 18 rebounds and 5 blocks but they were totally outmatched and outgunned.

Detroit Pistons 3-0

Crawford is out for a week and a bit with back spasms while Kelvin Rivers and Brian Perkins had a go at each other for some reason that I cannot fathom so I took them both aside and told them I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour and if it happens again then watch out. I’m sure they got the message.

Brian Perkins started the next game against Memphis and we beat them handsomely 103-85 as Derrick Rose had 24 points, 12 assists and 7 rebounds while Orko had his best game so far with 23 points on 10 shots. The Grizzlies shot 37% as Darrell Holtz top scored with 17 points and Marc Gasol had 16 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 4-0

After four games we are keeping our opposing player to 82 points a game as they are shooting .376 a game.

Our first game ever against Honolulu is a 106-91 win as JJ Hickson is making it harder and harder for me to trade him with 21 points and 15 rebounds while Derrick Rose stood up again with 25 points. It’s strange having a scoring PG and not a distributor like Rajon Rondo but it seems to be working out so far. Al Jefferson is playing well for the Sharks with 25 points and 14 rebounds but it was another game less than 95 points for our opposition.

Detroit Pistons 5-0

What. A. Game. If someone told me that Denver would score 120 points and LOSE I would call them crazy. Too bad we scored a massive 141 points with Derrick Rose exploding with 30 points and 12 assists with Orko having 31 points and JJ Hickson with 21 points. The Nuggets had seven players in double figures and this game killed our opposition scoring but when we win it doesn’t matter.

Detroit Pistons 6-0

We go back to our stifling defense with a 98-83 win over Golden State. Derrick Rose had 30 points again while Dexter Floyd shot 3/14 for 9 points and 14 rebounds. David Lee top scored for the Warriors with 25 points and Monta Ellis shot 8/21 for 18 points while Steph Curry was nullified for only 6 points.

Detroit Pistons 7-0

The Pistons finally drop a game with a 96-88 loss to the elite Knicks so I’m not that bummed. The backcourt of Raymond Felton and Varlam Bebutov combined for 45 points while Chucky Durden had 8 points, 14 rebounds and 4 blocks off the bench. Derrick Rose top scored again with 21 points but he only had 4 assists. Orko shot terribly (6/20) for 14 points but when we go up against a team as good as New York it’s easy to overlook it.

Detroit Pistons 7-1

The Timberwolves have been surprising at 7-3 but that doesn’t matter when we stomp them 124-90 in Minnesota. Derrick Rose had 34 points while Dirk Nowitzki stepped up off the bench with 17 points in 19 minutes. The only Wolves players who turned up was Kevin Love with 23 points and Evan Turner with 20 points and it was great to see the guys bounce back from a loss.

Detroit Pistons 8-1

Brian Perkins and Kelvin Rivers have a go again so I give them one more warning: if you mess up again you’re gone.

We get blasted by Memphis 98-81 as we shoot 37% and get totally outplayed. Colin Horvath blasted our coach over playing time so I give him a kick in the butt and send him down to the D-League. The team is still working out their roles so there is going to be some bickering and we will just have to work this out.

Detroit Pistons 8-2

It’s a 112-76 win over the winless Supersonics as Derrick Rose had 24 points and four other players were in double figures. The Sonics shot 34% as they didn’t have anyone who stood up which is natural for such a young, terrible team.

Detroit Pistons 9-2

An early rematch with the Magic results in a 96-89 win on our end as Dexter Floyd beats up Brendan Haywood for 14 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks while Jordan Crawford had 18 points and 9 assists. Blake Griffin wanted revenge with 25 points, 12 rebounds but 7 turnovers.

Detroit Pistons 10-2

Another win against a bad team, this time the team is Nevada and the score is 104-84 as Jordan Crawford is looking like a steal with 25 points and Dexter Floyd doubles up again. Brian Perkins does more than fight with his friends with 14 points and 8 rebounds off the bench as Ted Ballinger fouls Orko out in only 18 minutes. Ballinger had 21 points and 12 rebounds for himself but no one else played well, or even average.

Detroit Pistons 11-2

For some reason Boston is 6-1 going into out match but they leave 6-2 as we won 116-103 behind Derrick Rose (23 points), Dirk Nowitzki (16 points) and Dexter Floyd (12 points and 11 rebounds). Andrea Bargnani and Chris Bosh had 14/14 and 12/12 respectively while Tony Rein top scored with 20 points. It’s always good to beat Boston, especially when they are winning games.

Detroit Pistons 12-2

I ask Mike Woodson to play Jeff Brown more minutes and he takes heed as we beat Indiana 109-95 as our backcourt does the damage with Derrick Rose (21 points and 10 assists) and Jordan Crawford (22 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds) light up the Pacers. Eric Gordon was the top scorer for Indiana with 21 points but the Pacers just haven’t been up to the standard of previous teams.

Detroit Pistons 13-2

Another game against the Knicks and we take revenge with a 123-111 win in Detroit. JJ Hickson was our best player with 22 points and 12 rebounds as we have seven players in double figure scoring. The New York backcourt blasts us again with 53 points between them but we were up to the challenge.

Detroit Pistons 14-2

Miami have been falling since the breakup of the Three Kings and we heap on more misery with a 100-93 win. Derrick Rose flirted with a triple double with 22 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds while JJ Hickson played well again with 24 points. Dwayne Wade had 23 points before he fouled out and Kobe Bryant had 18 points as he schooled Orko to an early night.

Detroit Pistons 15-2

At the end of November I can’t believe that we are 15-2 and have a two game lead over Toronto for the top seed in the East. That’s right; we are on top of Toronto at least for now. I can’t believe it either. Cleveland is last with a 3-12 record. I forgot to say but Tim Duncan has taken over my duties as General Manager of Toronto.

In the West, the Lakers are 10-5 and leading the conference, with Dallas and Minnesota very close behind. The Sonics are still winless at 0-16 and I couldn’t trade for their first round pick if I was trading three Kevin Kings. I threw the house at them and they didn’t budge.

Detroit Top Points – Derrick Rose (23.1), Jordan Crawford (17.3), Osmo Koslewski (14.2), JJ HIckson (13.6)
Detroit Top Rebounds – Dexter Floyd (8.9), JJ Hickson (7.6), Derrick Rose (4.4), Dirk Nowitzki (4.2)
Detroit Top Assists – Derrick Rose (7.2), Jordan Crawford (4.4), JJ Hickson (2.2), Brian Perkins (2.1)

League Top Points – Lebron James DAL (27.5), Kevin King TOR (25.2), Kevin Durant OKC (24.4), Tyreke Evans SAC (23.6)
League Top Rebounds – Rashid Shiran DAL (12.4), Dwight Howard TOR (12.2), Travis Randolph NEV (11.8), Cole Aldrich OKC (11.4)
League Top Assists – Deron Williams UTA (11.1), Chris Paul PHI (10.6), Rajon Rondo TOR (10.1), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.6)
League Top Blocks – Travis Randolph NEV (5.4), Justin Cabrera PHI (4.9), Derrick Favors NJN (3.9), Dwight Howard TOR (3.8)
League Top Steals – Jrue Holiday MIL (2.6), Monta Ellis GSW (2.5), Raymond Felton NYK (2.3), Lebron James DAL (2.1)
League Top FG% - Paul Milsap UTA (.592), Greg Oden POR (.587), Brendan Haywood ORL (.573), Deron Williams UTA (.569)
League Top 3P% - Juan Boyce DEN (.656), Osmo Koslewski DET (.563), Andrea Bargnani BOS (.513), Anthony Morrow LAC (.508)
League Top FT% - Luke Babbitt POR (.979), Jules Riley BOS (.957), Danny Granger NJN (.949), Kyle Craig NOH (.942)
League Top Turnovers – Dwayne Wade MIA (5.2), Russell Westbrook OKC (4.5), Boleslav Silajdic HOU (4.5), Vlasi Kazapov LAC (4.2)

That’s right; Travis Randolph has been traded again.

Rookie Top Points – Osmo Koslewski DET (14.2), Jerry Dickenman SEA (12.1), Rob Penders HON (11.2), Nick Wise NOH (10.6)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Ashley Mosley MIL (7.3), Rob Penders HON (7.2), Alan Slocum SEA (6.5), Nick Wise NOH (6.0)
Rookie Top Assists – Ron Nelson SAS (6.6), Tahric Tahid DAL (4.0), Jerry Dickenman SEA (3.9), Kyle Wallace MIN (3.8)
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:40 am

Star recruit of the Dallas Mavericks, Lebron James won the first Player of the Month award for this season by averaging 27.5 points, 5.6 assists, 5.0 rebounds, 2.1 steals and 1.0 blocks while keeping the Mavs in second place in the Western Conference with a 5-3 record.

Detroit’s Osmo Koslewski has won the first Rookie of the Month crown as he was apart of the surprising Pistons outfit who are leading the league at the moment with a 15-2 record. ‘Orko’ as he is known is averaging 14.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.0 steals and 0.9 blocks on the month.

There has already been some huge trades made with some big names being moved –

Phoenix trades:
2017 1st round pick

Cleveland trades:
PG Sam Dye

Why for Phoenix:
With Marlon Zinn still out for at least three months the Suns needed someone to fill in the PG duties and they found a beauty. Dye has All Star potential and will form a killer backcourt with Zinn when he gets healthy but the reason the Cavs traded him so cheaply is because of his terrible attitude.

Why for Cleveland:
They have had enough of Dye’s antics and had to ship him out. Clark Kimm resumes his starting PG duties but this team is in trouble.

Winner – Phoenix
A backcourt of Zinn and Dye is drool worthy but will Dye have worn out his welcome before Zinn gets back from injury?

Nevada trades:
2017 1st round pick

Denver trades:
C Travis Randolph

Why for Nevada:
They are sick of losing so decided to gamble (groan) on Randolph and his awful, awful persona. The pick will be lower than the Nuggets hoped but Randolph has just broken his toe and will be out for two months which may put the pick back into lottery contention.

Why for Denver:
The Neon is Randolph’s fourth team in four years because no one can stand to be around him. Although mighty talented, he wore his welcome out in Denver and the Nuggets removed him from the team for their betterment.

Winner – Denver
The Neon are going to find out how bad Randolph can be to a team.

New Jersey trades:
SF Jonas Jerebko
2017 1st round pick

Denver trades:
PF Joshua Potter

Why for New Jersey:
The Nets are looking for some firepower off the bench when Derrick Favors needs a spell and Potter can bring the noise. Too bad he has NO work ethic and is one of the worst defenders in the league.

Why for Denver:
Another addition by subtraction as Potter was frustrating them no end. He may be a great rebounder and can score inside and out, but his defense is laughable. Jerebko moves into his starting PF slot.

Winner – Denver
For all his hype before the draft, Potter has been a huge letdown. His flaws are being exposed and his strengths just can’t cover them.

I’m itching and itching to trade JJ Hickson but I don’t want to lose our depth at PF so I strike a deal with Charlotte.

Detroit trades:
PF JJ Hickson
2018 1st round pick

Charlotte trades:
PF Jason Beck

Why for Detroit:
GM Felix Elwood has been shopping JJ Hickson ever since he got to Detroit, even keeping him unprotected in the expansion draft. His contract was at odds with his play and Elwood wanted him gone. They got a fantastic guy in Jason Beck who has been down numbers wise this year can be a building block for the future.

Why for Charlotte:
After Beck’s poor play they were regretting giving him that massive contract which was a 6 year, $75.5 million monster. Hickson has been a surprise for the Pistons this year so the play won’t drop off too much with the departure of Beck.

Winner – Charlotte
Beck’s contract is massive while Hickson’s isn’t small it is shorter. The pick will be low but it’s always good to stock up on first rounders.

I have liked Beck ever since he got drafted #4 in the Kevin King/Varlam Bebutov draft and I thought that Charlotte was a bad fit for him so hopefully he can bust out in the motor city. Or else I have another Blake Griffin situation where I have a talented yet underperforming PF who has a massive contract and I don’t think Dwight Howard would be available for Beck.

Our first game for December is a 102-84 win over Milwaukee as Derrick Rose plays like a point guard with 21 points, 12 assists and only 3 turnovers. Jordan Crawford has 25 points while Jason Beck plays fairly well for 16 points and 8 rebounds. I’m enjoying this suffocating defense as the Bucks shot 35% from the field and their top scorer was Jrue Holiday with 15 points.

Detroit Pistons 16-2

Another team under the magical 100 point barrier as we whip New Orleans 107-95 with none other than Jason Beck leading the way with 17 points and 13 rebounds. Beck and Dexter Floyd could well become a poor version of Dwight Howard and Tim Mozgov (D&M) down the track. Anyone have a good nickname for them? Star SG Kyle Craig had a tough time keeping up with Jordan Crawford as fouled out in 22 minutes with 10 points while the Hornets had eight players with 9 points or more but non over 14 (James Anderson off the bench.)

Detroit Pistons 17-2

The Supersonics have finally won their first game since coming back with a 82-78 win over Charlotte, which puts them at 1-16 for the season.

We win our 10th game in a row with a 100-86 win over Denver behind our guards as Derrick Rose had 21 points and 9 assists while Jordan Crawford helped out with 20 points, 7 assists and 5 steals of his own. Nene Hilario was the best for the Nuggets with 19 points and 11 rebounds but with Travis Randolph and Joshua Potter they don’t have many players to actually put the ball in the hoop.

Detroit Pistons 18-2

Jason Beck shows how good he can be with 29 points and 14 rebounds in our 106-98 win over New Jersey. Derrick Rose had a near triple double with 18 points, 7 assists and 8 turnovers while Orko held Danny Granger to ‘only’ 18 points on 8/18 shooting. Kevin Martin had 25 points for the losers as he running mate in Devin Harris has been shunted to the bench in favour of Mo Williams who had 9 points and 12 assists.

Detroit Pistons 19-2

Honolulu scores 101 on us but luckily we put the foot on the gas with 119 to beat them in a wonderful holiday to sunny Hawaii. Jason Beck, Jordan Crawford and Derrick Rose ran the show with 20 points, 12 rebounds, 23 points and 23 points and 11 assists respectively. Ex-Piston Al Jefferson had 18 points and 8 rebounds while #5 pick Rob Penders had 8 points and 10 rebounds. Penders has been given big minutes and is putting up big numbers for a rookie but his defense is atrocious and should not have been picked at #5.

Detroit Pistons 20-2

Derrick Rose can be one of the best PGs in the league when he wants to be, not just a guard who plays that position as he showed in our 100-90 win over Nevada. Rose had 30 points, 15 assists and only 3 turnovers while Jordan Crawford is becoming a great running mate with 23 points of his own. The Neon aren’t too good with Travis Randolph but as he is out injured again they are even worse as Ted Ballinger had 19 points on 25 shots as the Neon just weren’t in it.

Detroit Pistons 21-2

Showing how good our defense really is we had 19 blocks and held Portland to 30% shooting in our 82-71 win as Dexter Floyd was our best player and showed that good players don’t have to shoot much as he had 6 points, 11 rebounds and 8 blocks on only 5 shots. Orko had his most all around game with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists while Jordan Crawford led the way with 19 points. Willie Warren had a night he would want to forget with 16 points and 6 turnovers on 6/22 shooting while Chris Kaman had one of the worst shooting nights in history with 2 points on a woeful 1/15 shooting. Ouch.

Detroit Pistons 22-2

In a track meet where the scores weren’t big we won 100-98 against Houston with both teams shooting in excess of 90 shots. Jason Beck had 17 points and 21 rebounds while Jeff Brown showed up with 11 points in 13 minutes off the bench. Boleslav Silajdic was so close to a triple double with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists while Greg Monroe had 15 points, 11 rebounds and 6 blocks in a losing effort.

Detroit Pistons 23-2

The next night the Seattle Supersonics were close to history for all the wrong reasons as they lost to Houston 94-53, only four points short of the worst score in the shot clock era. The Sonics shot 26% from the field and had one player in double figures in Da’Sean Butler with 12 points. They are 1-24 and at this pace will be a shoo-in for the worst season ever.

Cleveland are also terrible this year as we asphyxiate them 94-72 in a stellar display of defense. Two of our players were close to triple doubles with Derrick Rose having 17 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists while Dexter Floyd had 10 points, 11 rebounds and 7 blocks as the Cavs shot 29% without Carmelo Anthony who is out injured. Reggie Young tried his best with 21 points and 12 rebounds but it took him 27 shots to get there.

Detroit Pistons 24-2

Great, Kelvin Rivers and Brian Perkins were pushing and shoving after a team training and keeping to my word I’m going to trade one, or both if the right deal comes along.

Detroit trades:
PF Kelvin Rivers
2018 2nd round pick

New York trades:
C Chucky Durden

Why for Detroit:
Rivers has been fighting with fellow Piston Brian Perkins all season and the team has had enough. Durden brings similar talents to Detroit as Rivers had but they get out from the four year contract that Rivers had also.

Why for New York:
Amar’e Stoudemire has torn his MCL and will be out for this season so getting a player that is similar to Durden is kind of a wash so this trade boils down to a second rounder.

Winner – Both
Detroit gets rid of a nuisance while New York gets the better player in the deal so it’s a draw.

Chucky Durden slots into our 6th man spot as I have assembled a fantastic second unit –
PG – Ty Lawson
SG – Jeff Brown
SF – Brian Perkins
PF – Dirk Nowitzki
C – Chucky Durden.

That team could beat Seattle and Honolulu at least.

In our first game since the trade Jordan Crawford and Joe Johnson go blow for blow in our 101-94 win over Philadelphia. Johnson had 32 points while Crawford struck back with 40 points to land the decisive punch. Derrick Rose had the best of Chris Paul with 14 points, 13 assists and 8 rebounds while Luol Deng started at C with 10 points and 11 rebounds as Justin Cabrera has been traded again.

Detroit Pistons 25-2

It’s 18 wins in a row with a 102-93 win over Washington has Jordan Crawford explodes again with 29 points while Derrick Rose shot poorly for 20 points. Michael Nicholson had the best of Dexter Floyd with 12 points and 18 rebounds while Gilbert Arenas top scored with 23 points for the losers.

Detroit Pistons 26-2

I have been dreading this day for a long time and my heart is pounding in my chest. It’s my first match up against Toronto since I defected below the border. It’s also the matchup between the best two teams in the league as Toronto are 22-2 and are only in second place because we have played four more games. Luckily it’s in Detroit which may put us over the line. Too bad I have made their team too good as we got thumped 114-92, with Kevin King scoring 24 points, Tim Mozgov having 24 points and 9 rebounds and Dwight Howard with 18 points and 14 rebounds, you know the usual suspects. It was good to see Kenny Costa having a good game with 12 points and 7 rebounds off the bench but it was annoying it was against my new team. Jordan Crawford had 23 points but the Raptors shot 48 free throws making only 29 of them.

We shall meet again Toronto and we shall win.

Detroit Pistons 26-3

It’s a Christmas Day blockbuster as we beat the Lakers 94-90 as we outscored LA 35-14 in the final quarter as they were up by as many as 15 points in the final quarter. Jordan Crawford led us again with 25 points while Beck and Floyd combined for 25 points, 21 rebounds and 10 blocks. Matt Bailey is becoming one of the best centres, if not THE best centre in the league as he had 16 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks in a failed effort.

Detroit Pistons 27-3

Staying in LA, we have a field day with the Clippers, winning 111-93 as Derrick Rose had 28 points and Jordan Crawford had 24 points to pace our team. Nicolas Batum had 30 points for the losers as Andrew Bogut was stuck on the bench with an injured hamstring. I was hoping he was healthy to see if he plays well against me our just the Raptors.

Detroit Pistons 28-3

The Clippers decided to visit us in Detroit but it isn’t a happy stay for them as we beat them again 116-80 with Dirk Nowitzki and Brian Perkins carrying the load off the bench with Dirk having 25 points and Perkins with 20 points. James Harden top scores for the Clippers with 17 points.

Detroit Pistons 29-3

Well, it was bound to happen. We finally have a bad game as we get destroyed by Portland 98-75 with Paul George starting at PG and scoring 23 points but turning over the ball 5 times. Chris Kaman helped out with 15 points and 11 rebounds while Jason Beck was our best with 19 points and 11 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 29-4

We get one back against the turrible Cavs 93-85 as we have great games all over the place. Jason Beck (16 points, 13 rebounds, 6 blocks), Derrick Rose (21 points, 12 assists) and Jordan Crawford lead the way. Reggie Young had 16 points and 11 rebounds but it was our game to lose.

Detroit Pistons 30-4

I still can’t believe that we lost two games in the month and we are 3.5 games behind Toronto who are 27-3. New York are third with a 20-8 record and another three teams above .600 in the conference. Cleveland are falling behind at 5-27.

The Lakers are leading the West with a 17-9 record with Minnesota, Dallas and Oklahoma City not far behind. Seattle are still on one win with a 1-30 record with Honolulu going a bit better with a 8-15 record.

Detroit Top Points – Derrick Rose (21.1), Jordan Crawford (19.5), Jason Beck (14.2), Osmo Koslewski (13.1)
Detroit Top Rebounds – Dexter Floyd (9.2), Jason Beck (8.7), Chucky Durden (6.4), Osmo Koslewski (4.6)
Detroit Top Assists – Derrick Rose (7.9), Jordan Crawford (3.8), Jason Beck (1.7), Osmo Koslewski (1.6)

League Top Points – Kevin Durant OKC (25.5), Lebron James DAL (25.1), Kevin King TOR (24.3), Monta Ellis GSW (24.0)
League Top Rebounds – Dwight Howard TOR (12.0), Travis Randolph NEV (11.8), Michael Nicholson WAS (11.6), Blake Griffin ORL (11.5)
League Top Assists – Deron Williams UTA (11.3), Chris Paul PHI (10.7), Rajon Rondo TOR (10.6), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.9)
League Top Blocks – Travis Randolph NEV (5.4), Justin Cabrera CHI (5.2), Derrick Favors NJN (4.0), Mike Ohnstad LAC (3.7)
League Top Steals – Joe Taylor DAL (2.2), Jrue Holiday MIL (2.2), Vlasi Kazapov LAC (2.1), Lebron James DAL (2.0)
League Top Turnovers – Dwayne Wade MIA (5.0), Russell Westbrook OKC (4.2), Vlasi Kazapov LAC (4.1), Jerry Dickenman SEA (4.0)

Rookie Top Points – Osmo Koslewski DET (13.1), Jerry Dickenman SEA (11.5), Kyle Wallace MIN (10.9), Tahric Tahid DAL (10.9)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Ashley Mosley MIL (8.8), Alan Slocum SEA (6.2), DeShawn Logan MIA (6.0), Nick Wise NOH (5.3)
Rookie Top Assists – Ron Nelson SAS (7.2), Tahric Tahid DAL (4.1), Kyle Wallace MIN (4.0), Jerry Dickenman SEA (3.6)

First round of draft prospects –

1 – PF Matt Landram (Virginia Tech) Freshman
Do you remember that time you saw a high school phenom who has an NBA ready body and shows flashes of NBA All Star play but everything else is rawer than Japanese sushi? That’s Landram in a nutshell, as he has all the tools to one day be an elite player but is nowhere near it now.

2 – PF Damon Alexander (Georgia Tech) Junior
As an older player he has more polish to his game and can score at will. Very quick first step.

3 – PF Mike Garner (UCLA) Sophomore
Another raw player but is starting to work out the game. Bigger and stronger than the previous two and is more of a back-to-the-basket player.

4 – PF Jarrett Omara (Kentucky) Junior
It’s a great draft for power forwards as Omara would be higher on the board if not for the other guys.

5 – SG Sapir Ruffin (Israel) 21 years old
A smaller two guard who can still rise up and snare a rebound he is tearing up the Israeli league with his killer crossover and deadly mid range game.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:55 am

Player of the Month – Blake Griffin, Orlando Magic – 25.1 points, 12.8 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 3.0 blocks and 1.8 steals per game.

Rookie of the Month – Ron Nelson, San Antonio Spurs – 11.9 points, 8.1 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.

Trades:

Chicago trades:
2017 1st round pick

Philadelphia trades:
C Justin Cabrera

Why for Chicago:
Their other three centres are all above the 30 year old barrier but are still very good. Yao Ming, Joakim Noah and Kendrick Perkins were doing very well but for some reason they added notorious cancer Cabrera to the team which will surely spell doom for the Bulls season.

Why for Philadelphia:
Just like Travis Randolph, Cabrera will be known as a brilliant talent but a kiss of death to any team they are on. It has left a big gap at C for the 76ers though as Boroda Beketov and Patrick Patterson having long term injuries.

Winner – Philadelphia
Even though Luol Deng is now starting at C for the 76ers, getting rid of Cabrera is an instant win in our books.

Oklahoma City trades:
PF Kelvin Brown
SG Corey Brewer

New York trades:
SG Icikas Skapovsky

Why for Oklahoma City:
The Thunder drafted Skapovsky in the 2011 draft before trading him for Jordan Crawford. They traded Crawford in last season’s draft so they decided to get their pick back. Makes sense? Good. He bolsters the Thunder’s bench considerably as their third string SG.

Why for New York:
Brewer is a great defender and an even better guy who will become the Knicks first guard off the bench while Brown is filler.

Winner – New York
One thing that a lot of people don’t know is that Brewer is 6’9 and can still harass smaller SGs as well as moving over to the SF position.

Oklahoma City trades:
PG Terrico White

New Jersey trades:
SG Marcus Thornton

Why for Oklahoma City:
For the Thunder, this is a strict upgrade of talent because they now only have one true PG on the team in Russell Westbrook. On the plus side Thornton is a dynamite scorer and will make the Thunder more dangerous.

Why for New Jersey:
The Nets’ point guard situation is getting up in age so getting White who has less overall talent than Thornton he fills a bigger need.

Winner – Oklahoma City
In a basic swap the Thunder makes out the winner by sheer talent.

Boston trades:
2017 1st round pick

New Jersey trades:
SF Tobarie Duncan

Why for Boston:
The Celtics are currently 17-8 and are hoping that Duncan will push them higher. Too bad Duncan is pretty bad and will only make them a pass at best.

Why for New Jersey:
With the Nets being at 10-15 they are trying to consolidate some excess players into future draft picks, no matter how low or high they will be.

Winner – Boston
The pick will probably be low so getting a player who may help them this year is better than a player who could help them next year.

Do you want an indication on how good the Raptors are? Number one pick Roy Michaels has been sent down to the D-League because of his lack of minutes in the ultra crowded championship frontcourt.

I’m not interested in making a trade because with the talent we have it would most likely be putting on salary that we don’t need to do.

Our first game for 2017 as we had six players in double figures with Jason Beck having the best game with 23 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds and Derrick Rose helped out with 18 points and 12 assists. Chris Walker tried valiantly with 10 points and 17 rebounds but it was another team who fell victim to the Piston Crush.

Detroit Pistons 31-4

The team with the massive contract is our next matchup as we go down to Dallas 114-99. Lebron James had 29 points, 10 assists and 6 rebounds while Andrew Bynum had 26 points. Jordan Crawford had 24 points and a massive 8 steals while Dirk had 10 points off the bench. So much for the Piston Crush.

Detroit Pistons 31-5

The eight steals by Jordan Crawford equals the second highest total since I have been in the league. Centre Paulo Prestes of all people holds the record with nine in 2014.

The Kings come to town but it was Jordan Crawford who was royalty as he scores 36 points as we win 109-95. Derrick Rose and Dexter Floyd double up and for the Kings it was backup PG Lloyd Grundman who top scored with 20 points as Sacramento never led in the game.

Detroit Pistons 32-5

In what was one of the most embarrassing games I have ever witnessed, we downright slaughter the Sonics 78-55 as they shot 27% from the field with Al-Farouq Aminu being the only player even close to 10 points with 15. Jordan Crawford continued his good form with 26 points while Orko played Robin with 17 points and 7 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 33-5

We go into Philadelphia wanting to win this game to send a statement and we do just that, snaking past the 76ers 116-112 with Derrick Rose schooling Chris Paul with 30 points, 12 assists and 8 rebounds while Orko beat up Wesley Johnson for 18 points and 8 rebounds. Luol Deng moved to a slightly better position of starting PF and excelled with 25 points and 8 rebounds while Chris Paul had 17 points and 9 assists.

Detroit Pistons 34-5

By a sheer implosion by New Jersey we steal a 102-100 win after the Nets were up by as many as 16 in the third term only to see our team outscore them 31-21 in the final term to win by a bucket. Jason Beck shot badly but was great otherwise with 20 points, 17 rebounds and 3 blocks while Derrick Rose and Jordan Crawford combined for 47 points and 10 assists. Danny Granger was below par again as Orko seems to have his measure, holding Granger to 8/23 shooting for 23 points. Derrick Favors almost had a triple double with 15 points, 13 rebounds and 8 blocks.

Detroit Pistons 35-5

We put the skids on Chicago with a 98-85 win in the Windy City behind Jason Beck again who had 19 points and 8 rebounds. Dexter Floyd once again showed that you don’t have to shoot a lot to have a good game as he had 0 points, 15 rebounds and 3 blocks while holding Justin Cabrera to only 6 points of his own. Jeff Brown was inserted into the starting lineup after Jordan Crawford went down with a sore calf and had 14 points and 4 assists. I was quietly shopping Brown around the league but with the team going so well I think he should be left here just in case something happens. Elliot Williams top scored for the Bulls with 18 points but it took him 24 shots to get them.

Detroit Pistons 36-5

Going into New York I was hoping we could snatch a win and extend our lead over the third place Knicks but Danilo Gallinari had other ideas as he had 25 points and the Knicks won 108-90. Kelvin Rivers had a point to prove as he was inserted at the starting C position as Amar’e Stoudemire is still out injured and Rivers delivered with 8 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks. I’m glad he is getting some playing time as he still wouldn’t be getting any here with Jason Beck around, who had 19 points and 6 rebounds in only 24 minutes before fouling out. The main culprit was Dirk Nowitzki who shot an appalling 3/17 for 12 points off the bench.

Detroit Pistons 36-6

Our second game against Toronto was the exact opposite of our first game – a 118-100 win as we outscored them 40-19 in the last term. Dwight Howard is out with a broken nose and Tim Mozgov filled in valiantly for him with 21 points, 23 rebounds and 5 blocks. Too bad Dexter Floyd was feeling particularly nasty tonight and had my first triple double as the Pistons GM with 15 points, 15 rebounds and 12 blocks, helped out by Jordan Crawford’s 30 points and Derrick Rose’s 23 points and 12 assists but tonight it was all Floyd. Kevin King had 31 points for the LOOOOOOSERS. Hehe, I’m sure that will come back to bite me but I don’t care.

Detroit Pistons 37-6

Unfortunately Dexter strained his hamstring in his heroics and will be sidelined for about two weeks, so I call Colin Horvath up from the D-League with Dirk Nowitzki taking Floyd’s place at starting C.

Utah comes to town and all of our starting five celebrate by scoring 11 points or more in our 113-102 win. Derrick Rose led the way with 21 points and 13 assists while Jordan Crawford had 24 points. Dirk Nowitzki turned back the clock with 17 points and 9 rebounds. Nikola Pekovic tried his best with 19 points and 8 rebounds but DeMar DeRozan floundered, going 2/10 for 7 points against Orko.

Detroit Pistons 38-6

Great, Ty Lawson has gone down after a huge knock from Paul Milsap and has bruised his sternum and the doctors think that he will be out for the best part of three weeks. Here is your chance Jeff Brown, so take the minutes and run.

Sigh. After our 107-94 loss to Indiana where Dennis Stone picked up player of the game honours with 19 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds Brian Perkins went to the media and slammed Mike Woodson for lack of playing time. What do you want me to do? Trade our team for scrubs just so you can get your minutes? I don’t think so, and so I did a little shopping.

Detroit Pistons 38-7

Detroit trades:
SF Brian Perkins
2019 1st round pick

Golden State trades:
PF Ekpe Udoh
SF Cedric Fields

Why for Detroit:
Earlier in the year Perkins was caught multiple times fighting with Kelvin Rivers who was traded off to cool things down. Now Perkins has been blasting Mike Woodson, the Pistons coach, about playing time. So the Pistons got rid of him. Both incoming players are high personality guys and will bolster the already formidable Piston second unit.

Why for Golden State:
They needed some quality bench wings to give the second team some fire so Perkins slots in as the Warriors 6th man which should quench his thirst for minutes.

Winner – Detroit
Although they now have zero picks in the next three drafts they are set with a great team that is still young and can gel together like GM Elwood’s Raptor teams.

I’m over the moon with this trade as it gives us even more power off the bench, so I send Colin Horvath down to the D-League again because Ekpe Udoh can play the five. I will monitor Fields’ play and if he is still too raw (he is a rookie) then I will send him down as well.

Our first game since the trade is a stinker as we go down to the lowly Heat 100-86 with Dwayne Wade having a field day with 22 points and 10 assists. Derrick Rose was the best for us with 25 points but only 4 assists. It will take some time for everyone to get used to the new team so a few bumps on the way isn’t a worry.

Detroit Pistons 38-8

We get back to our winning ways with a 113-95 whipping of Charlotte as Derrick Rose is our star with 22 points, 10 assists and 4 steals while we had five more players in double figures. JJ Hickson tried his best against his old team with 22 points and 8 rebounds but he didn’t have any help.

Detroit Pistons 39-8

The injury bug hit us again with Cedric Fields having back spasms and will be out for more than a week while Chucky Durden picked up a knock on the head and although he won’t miss any games he will be less than 100%.

The Lakers are looking the goods and they stomp us 101-92 behind Matt Bailey who had 31 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks and is looking very much the best C in the league. Derrick Rose had 23 points and 11 assists but Jordan Crawford decided he wanted to be injured as well as he sprained his wrist on a steal attempt and will be out for two weeks. Damn this team is falling like flies.

Detroit Pistons 39-9

Are. You. Serious. Derrick Rose had one of his best games of his year with 25 points, 17 assists and 6 rebounds in our 98-97 nailbiter over Boston, and breaks his leg and is gone for two months. Yep, that was my head exploding. Orko had a blinder with 25 points and 9 rebounds while Chris Bosh was the best for the Celtics with 31 points and 13 rebounds but I’m still in shock of our best player going down, with our season close behind.

Detroit Pistons 40-9

I have been bragging about our depth all season and now it’s their turn to step up as Jeff Brown is now starting at PG. Here is our injury list –

Derrick Rose – Broken Leg – 59 days
Ty Lawson – Bruised Sternum – 11 days
Jordan Crawford – Sprained Wrist – 10 days
Cedric Fields – Back Spasms – 4 days
Dexter Floyd – Strained Hamstring – 3 days.

Our new look team go up against the upstart Grizzlies and we punish them 95-73 as Jeff Brown has 22 points and 7 assists in his first start. Jason Beck had 26 points and 11 rebounds while Orko had a game to forget going 1/14 for 4 points. Claudio Carrera hunted our team all game long with 14 points, 13 rebounds and 9 blocks but it wasn’t enough.

Detroit Pistons 41-9

Jordan Crawford was complaining of soreness in his wrist so AJ Price got the start, shifting Jeff Brown to SG. It was a good move as Price exploded with 29 points and 11 assists in our 105-91 win over Orlando. The Magic shot 39% from the field as Blake Griffin had 20 points, 15 rebounds and 4 blocks but again the team was shut down by our suffocating defense.

Detroit Pistons 42-9

So at the end of January we are two games in front of Toronto, with New York a game behind the Raptors and daylight to the rest of the East. Cleveland are still last in the conference with a 8-39 record.

Minnesota has wrestled the lead of the Western Conference with a 29-14 record but Oklahoma City and the Lakers are nipping on their heels. The embarrassing Supersonics are still stuck on one win, with a 1-48 record and will need a miracle to get to the 10 win mark which is above the worst record of all time.

Detroit Top Points – Derrick Rose (20.6), Jordan Crawford (19.3), Jason Beck (14.7), Osmo Koslewski (13.5)
Detroit Top Rebounds – Dexter Floyd (9.8), Jason Beck (8.3), Ekpe Udoh (4.9), Chucky Durden (4.7)
Detroit Top Assists – Derrick Rose (8.6), Jordan Crawford (3.6), Ekpe Udoh (2.0), Jason Beck (1.9)

League Top Points – Kevin Durant OKC (26.9), Lebron James DAL (24.3), Monta Ellis GSW (24.0), Kevin King TOR (23.7)
League Top Rebounds – Travis Randolph NEV (11.6), Blake Griffin ORL (11.5), Michael Nicholson WAS (11.1), Kevin Love MIN (10.6)
League Top Assists – Deron Williams UTA (11.0), Chris Paul PHI (9.9), Rajon Rondo TOR (9.8), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.3)
League Top Blocks – Travis Randolph NEV (5.3), Justin Cabrera CHI (4.9), Mike Ohnstad LAC (4.1), Derrick Favors NJN (3.8)
League Top Steals – Sam Dye PHO (2.1), Joe Taylor DAL (2.0), Andre Iguodala LAL (2.0), Monta Ellis (2.0)

Rookie Top Points – Osmo Koslewski DET (13.5), Jerry Dickenman SEA (12.3), Kyle Wallace MIN (11.1), Lawrence McSwain CHA (10.8)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Ashley Mosley MIL (9.0), Alan Slocum SEA (6.3), DeShawn Logan MIA (6.2), Nick Wise NOH (5.3)
Rookie Top Assists – Ron Nelson SAS (6.6), Tahric Tahid DAL (4.2), Kyle Wallace MIN (4.0), Jerry Dickenman SEA (3.7)

Second round of draft prospects (previous rank in brackets) –

1 (1) – PF Matt Landram (Virginia Tech) Freshman
He is starting to grow into his body which is good news for him and bad news for the rest of the league as most raw big men take a lot longer than what Landram is showing.

2 (2) – PF Damon Alexander (Georgia Tech) Junior
Is the opposite of Landram as Alexander is probably the most polished big man in this draft as he is a great all around player.

3 (NR) – PG Sam Baron (Michigan State) Sophomore
Wow, after a slow start Baron has exploded. Look at these numbers – 27.0 points, 9.5 assists, 5.9 rebounds and 3.0 blocks a game as a second year? Hell yes.

4 (4) – PF Jarrett Omara (Kentucky) Junior
Is the best rebounder out of the top PFs which will keep him up this high as rebounding translates well in the pros.

5 (3) – PF Mike Garner (UCLA) Sophomore
Has dropped because of his poor play. He needs to become more aggressive if he wants to stay this high.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:37 am

January Awards –

Player of the Month: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder – 30.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.0 block per game.

Rookie of the Month: Jerry Dickenman, Seattle Supersonics – 13.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.1 steals and 0.2 blocks per game.

There are more trades as teams don’t seem to like their players for very long.

Washington trades:
SG Gilbert Arenas

New Orleans trades:
C Omer Asik

Why for Washington:
Travis Howard has been great for the Wizards while apart from Michael Nicholson, their bigs haven’t been too crash hot. So out goes the expendable Arenas and in comes Asik who was having a break out year and slots into their starting PF position.

Why for New Orleans:
They have decided to try Kyle Craig at PG which leaves an opening at SG which Gilbert Arenas can fill easily. Even though he is 34 years old, he can still bring the pain to other teams.

Winner – Both
They both gave up something that they didn’t need while getting something valuable in return. Why can’t all trades be like this?

New Orleans trades:
2017 1st round pick

Philadelphia trades:
PF Tengiz Davidov

Why for New Orleans:
Now that they have shipped out Asik they needed another big man. In comes Davidov who is a talented player but is a cancer in the locker room. Look for the Estonian to be traded soon.

Why for Philadelphia:
The Hornets will be Davidov’s fifth team in three years. You heard me, five teams already. That is how bad his attitude is, and the 76ers needed to get him out of there. Picking up a potential lottery pick for him is just gravy.

Winner – Philadelphia
The 76ers have a habit of trading decent players for lottery picks and it is paying off for them.

Orlando trades:
2017 1st round pick

San Antonio trades:
SF Bobby Ellis

Why for Orlando:
The Magic are vying for a playoff bid and they need a player who can come in and score but doesn’t need to play big minutes to do it. Ellis is that guy, as he isn’t bothered by long stretches on the bench but he will get his minutes.

Why for San Antonio:
Sitting at 19-26 the Spurs have waived the white flag and are hoping to get picks to bolster next season. Ellis wasn’t getting much burn so they flipped him for a first round pick which is always handy.

Winner – San Antonio
The pick will be more valuable down the road as Ellis is average at the best of times.

Utah trades:
SF Andrei Kirilenko

Orlando trades:
C Brendan Haywood

Why for Utah:
AK47 is getting up in years and isn’t a very good player anymore. Sure he can defend but everything else has gone. Haywood is 36 years old but still has some game left in him and will step in as the Jazz’s 6th man.

Why for Orlando:
They needed someone to come in and teach the younger players how to conduct themselves as well as how to stifle offenses with their defense. His on the court presence will not been seen much as he is very close to retirement.

Winner – Utah
They get another decent big while Orlando gets a player over the hill.

Did I say that San Antonio put up the white flag? They must not have got the message as they beat us 119-117 in overtime as Quincy Stidham goes off for 25 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists while fan favourite Tiago Splitter top scores with 29 points. Orko is fantastic with 25 points while Jason Beck lends a helping hand with 20 points and 9 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 42-10

We drop another game, this time the Knicks overpower us to the tune of 119-101 as Danilo Gallinari had us in his sights all night long with a 39 point, 6 assist, 4 block exhibition. Varlam Bebutov wasn’t bad either with 26 points and 7 assists. Orko top scored for us again with 21 points while AJ Price has 15 points and 10 assists off the bench, but did turn the ball over 7 times.

Detroit Pistons 42-11

Supersonics – 102, Timberwolves – 97. That’s two wins from 52 games.

Great, we have lost two games in a row, have a ton of injuries and now we have to go to Canada to play the rampaging Raptors. But you know what? Somehow, some god knows reason, we still lost by 18 points – 98-80. Tim Mozgov is having a field day with Dwight Howard out, this time putting up 29 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks while Kevin King tallied 23 points. On our side, six players were in double figures but we just weren’t good enough with all our injuries.

Detroit Pistons 42-12

Four games in a row as we lose to Charlotte of all teams 96-84. Povilas Tailos shows up to his first overall status with 31 points and 8 assists, while JJ Hickson has 8 points and 10 rebounds. Dexter Floyd top scored for us which is always a bad sign with 18 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks while Jeff Brown had a stinker with 0 points and 6 turnovers. Yuck.

Detroit Pistons 42-13

I’m not ready to trade anyone yet as we still have a massive injury list, so I just need to settle down and have some patience.

We break our losing streak with a 111-92 away win over New Orleans, with Orko being the stand out with 18 points and 8 rebounds, with six other Pistons scoring in double figures. Ekpe Udoh being superman tonight with 11 points, 6 rebounds and 7 blocks in only 24 minutes of play. Gilbert Arenas and Kyle Craig combined for 46 points but only 3 assists between them as I really don’t see Craig as a PG and his play and the team will suffer.

Detroit Pistons 43-13

Revenge is a great cold dish as we get some against Charlotte with a 108-97 win. Ty Lawson is filling in for Derrick Rose nicely with 21 points and 7 assists while Jeff Brown made up for his horrible performance last time with a 17 point outing. JJ Hickson was better tonight with 14 points and 16 rebounds but Povilas Tailos wasn’t as good, going 4/13 for 11 points. Ekpe Udoh is become one of my favourite bench players with 9 points, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks in half a game.

Detroit Pistons 44-13

Our last game before the All Star Weekend is a 106-97 win over Nevada as Orko went He-Man on the Neon with 33 points and 9 rebounds. Jordan Crawford is healthy and up to his usual antics with 23 points while Dexter Floyd held Travis Randolph to 2/10 shooting for 10 points, 13 rebounds and 7 blocks.

Detroit Pistons 45-13

Two players I have never heard of competed for the Slam Dunk Contest, with Indiana’s Mike Petion beating Earl Summerall from Boston. These dunk contests have lost their pizzazz with no names making up the bulk of the entries.

Andrea Bargnani shocked everyone by winning the Long Distance Shootout, beating Dallas’ Bill Walker and Toronto’s Reggie Williams in the final. I would have thought that Jordan Crawford would be in it but his injuries kept him out.

In a game that was actually decent, the Sophomore team beat the Rookies 113-102 as Jason Thornton (MIL) had a blinder with 26 points, 7 rebounds and 5 blocks to lead the way with Matt Davis chipping in with 23 points of his own. On the Rookie team, Orko was the best with 26 points and 6 rebounds while Tahric Tahid got to play his natural position of SG and had 22 points. Orko was our only entrant to this game.

After the All Star game I thought about how shocked I was that this game was played properly from start to finish, and not a ‘play to the public’ kind of showboating. That’s why it was all the better with the East coming out on top, in overtime, 141-137. Travis Randolph was named Player of the Game with 16 points, 25 rebounds and 7 blocks, with seven other Eastern players in double figures. In the West, Russell Westbrook was their star with 25 points and 12 assists with LaMarcus Aldridge keeping up with 18 points and 17 rebounds.

Some quick thought about the game:
-Lebron James did not start for the Western Conference which was surprising, that went to Kevin Durant.
-The Knicks had three All Stars in Danilo Gallinari (starting), Raymond Felton and Varlam Bebutov, while we didn’t have any.
-There were lots of first timers here with Varlam Bebutov, Wesley Johnson, OJ Mayo and Danilo Gallinari on the East and Aaron Brooks, Nikola Pekovic and Tiago Splitter on the West.
-Did I say that we did not have any players representing us? Sure Derrick Rose is injured but Jordan Crawford much more deserves it that OJ Mayo. Stupid heads.

Eastern Starters –
PG – John Wall, Washington Wizards
SG – Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat
SF – Danilo Gallinari, New York Knicks
PF – Chris Bosh, Boston Celtics
C – Travis Randolph, Nevada Neon

Western Starters –
PG – Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
SG – Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings
SF – Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
PF – LaMarcus Aldridge, Los Angeles Lakers
C – Andrew Bogut, Los Angeles Clippers.

With the Weekend festivities behind us, we set our sights on beating the Spurs, which we did 103-93. Jason Beck had 20 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks while Jordan Crawford showed why he should have been an all star with 19 points. Worthy nominee Tiago Splitter had 21 points and 17 rebounds while Pau Gasol had 18 points and 12 rebounds but their back court is a joke rookie as Ron Nelson is their best guard and he is out injured.

Detroit Pistons 46-13

For some reason teams play Lebron James at SG when he really is suited to SF. Dallas got out to a 14 point lead in the first quarter and then 25 point lead at half time. We were done for. This was until Jason Beck decided that he really didn’t want to lose to the Mavericks and we outscored them 25-15 in the third and 37-19 in the last to win 105-100 in one of the most bizarre games I have ever watched. Beck finished with 30 points and 18 rebounds while Jeff Brown had 16 points off the bench. Orko shot WAY too much as he went 7/28 for 14 points. Andrew Bynum was the best for the Mavs with 20 points while Lebron James went 5/17 for 15 points.

Detroit Pistons 47-13

Orko finds his way again with 24 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists in our 93-77 win over New Orleans. On the other hand, Jason Beck lays a goose egg after his heroics against Dallas but it was our defense that did the trick, holding the Hornets to 33% from the field.

Detroit Pistons 48-13

Seven wins in a row with a 103-97 pasting of Oklahoma City as Jordan Crawford had 27 points and Jason Beck helped with 19 points and 12 rebounds. The Thunder’s backcourt (Russell Westbrook and Dion Carlisle) had 43 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists but 9 turnovers. Kevin Durant was below his best with 16 points on 7/16 shooting.

Detroit Pistons 49-13

At the end of February we are sitting second in the East with New York on top at 44-11 and Toronto in an unfamiliar position of being third with a 47-14 record. Cleveland are last with a 13-46 record and are very much looking towards the draft.

In the West the Lakers are still on top with a 37-17 record with Dallas and Oklahoma City not far behind but the big story is Seattle who have won a whopping 4-58 record but are still able to get out of the ‘worst record ever’ well they are in.

Detroit Top Points – Derrick Rose (20.6), Jordan Crawford (18.7), Jason Beck (14.6), Osmo Koslewski (14.1)
Detroit Top Rebounds – Dexter Floyd (9.8), Jason Beck (8.5), Ekpe Udoh (5.1), Osmo Koslewski (4.7)
Detroit Top Assists – Derrick Rose (8.6), Jordan Crawford (3.3), Ty Lawson (2.0), Jeff Brown (1.9)

League Top Points – Kevin Durant OKC (25.6), Lebron James DAL (24.1), Monta Ellis GSW (23.8), Kevin King TOR (23.2)
League Top Rebounds – Blake Griffin ORL (11.2), Travis Randolph NEV (10.9), Reggie Young CLE (10.7), Matt Bailey LAL (10.6)
League Top Assists – Deron Williams UTA (11.1), Chris Paul PHI (10.2), Rajon Rondo TOR (9.3), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.2)
League Top Blocks – Travis Randolph NEV (4.7), Justin Cabrera CHI (4.7), Mike Ohnstad LAC (4.0), Derrick Favors NJN (3.5)
League Top Steals – Andre Iguodala LAL (2.3), Sam Dye PHO (2.1), Ben Gordon WAS (2.0), Monta Ellis GSW (1.9)
League Top Turnovers – Dwayne Wade MIA (5.4), Vlasi Kazapov LAC (4.7), Tyreke Evans SAC (4.1), Boleslav Silajdic HOU (4.1)

Rookie Top Points – Osmo Koslewski DET (14.1), Jerry Dickenman SEA (13.0), Lawrence McSwain CHA (11.9), Kyle Wallace MIN (10.9)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Ashley Mosley MIL (8.7), Alan Slocum SEA (6.8), DeShawn Logan MIA (6.0), Jarvis Collier PHO (5.9)
Rookie Top Assists – Kyle Wallace MIN (4.2), Tahric Tahid DAL (3.9), Jerry Dickenman SEA (3.9), Lawrence McSwain CHA (2.6)

Third round of draft prospects (previous rank in brackets) –

1 (4) – PF Jarrett Omara (Kentucky) Junior
Showing that he is the best PF in a very good PF crop because of his experience and all around game. As other younger PFs only show glimpses of their potential Omara brings it every night.

2 (3) – PG Sam Baron (Michigan State) Sophomore
Sure his numbers have fallen his play his still stayed the same. An interesting tidbit – the next highest PG is Jeremy Dixon at #8 who plays the point for Michigan State which Baron is moved the SG. Its mind boggling that Baron averages 9.1 assists per game with Dixon putting up 8.8 assists playing together.

3 (NR) – SF Quadree Johnson (Arkansas) Freshman
When I said Landram was raw, I didn’t know that Johnson was even rawer. He averages 9.7 points and 4.4 rebounds and I’m surprised that he is this high on the board for his level of play.

4 (1) – PF Matt Landram (Virginia Tech) Freshman
With the spotlight firmly placed upon his head he has started to wilt a little which has caused this drop. Hopefully he can take the media in his stride and get back to his form before.

5 (2) – PF Damon Alexander (Georgia Tech) Junior
With Jarrett Omara taking over from the best older PF in the draft Alexander has been pushed out of the limelight. This doesn’t mean he has dropped his play with gaudy numbers across the board.

28 days until Derrick Rose is fully healthy!
zike_42
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports