Freedom!

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 am

The preseason has us ranked 4th in the east behind
Miami who start Wade, Lebron, Miller, Bosh and Kamen
Chicago who have Rose, Richardson, Deng, Boozer and Lopez
Indiana who have Curry, Evans, Granger, Hibbert and Olsen

Olsen is the center i wanted very badly he is currently a 4.5/5 player he was named 2nd team all team defense last year.

I will be curious how it shakes out looking at the rosters I believe I am closer than i thought to these guys. If we can stay healthy (Spencer Hawes would be nice to have healthy right now) we could pull off a surprise in the playoffs.
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 am

I want to manage my young players minutes so I will be playing out the games now (it may mean the difference in winning the title at the end of the year)

We open up vs Orlando and get to empty our bench in a 132-101 that was decided in the 2nd quater where the lead grew to 20+ points and we never looked back. Mcclinton was able to log 19 minutes before he fouled out, Anamaker was able to play 29 minutes. Boswell got 14 and Howell got 5 minutes. Due to foul trouble Chalmers got 12 minutes running the point. Dwight Howard was player of the game with 31 points and 11 rebounds. The difference was our field goal% 640 with Howard going 11/14 and Turner 10/14 leading the way.

Game 2 vs Toronto is a white knuckle affair till the final minute where they foul and we make the foul shots for a 108-98 win. The game had alot of lead changes and was tied going into the fourth quater. Dwight Howard was player of the game with 20 points and 19 rebounds. Evan Turner had a horrible night which gave Marcus Cleaver the chance to play 19 minutes and score 10 points, McClinton got 15 minutes Amaker 19 Boswell 14 and Howell 4

Game 3 Detroit(0-3) vs Philadelphia(2-0) I make an executive decsion and start McClinton and Anamake in this game. It isn't a pretty game for Detroit as we take it 134-71 Dwight Howard is the player of the game with 33 points and 10 rebounds. McClinton and Anamake both played about half the game neither was very impresive to be honest they were outplayed but the usual starters. Will try to keep spliting the time and see what happens. Kenny Boswell out backup center had a nice game Howard got in foul trouble early and he responded with 10 points and 9 rebounds in 18 minutes. They couldn't shoot a lick but seriously outrebounded us.
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 am

Game 4 is a big one vs Miami both teams are 3-0. We lose it by 20 Lebron goes off for 40 points going against Evan Turner and makes him foul out. Evan Turner may have had his worst game as a pro shooting 1/5 with 6 fouls in 17 minutes. His backup Marcus Cleaver didn't fair well either going 1/4 with 5 turnovers and 5 personal fouls in 19 minutes Mario Chalmers actually did the best job getting a couple steals and shooting 2/3 in 15 minutes
condors

Postby jksander » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:32 am

Nice diary start! :)
Visit my website focused on Indianapolis Punk Rock: http://www.naptownpunk.com
If you want to see a print copy, I can email you PDFs ... drop me a PM!

Go HOOSIERS!
jksander
Elite Member

Postby condors » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:47 am

eeeks my last post was sucked into the interwebs someplace

basically what happened is i won 64 games and was the #1 seed but lost in the eastern finals to Indiana, I had 2 players with long term injuries (more than 1 year) and felt i would have had a better chance if healthy.

Some observations 3 long term injuries in 4 seasons hopefully it was not a standard thing.

Young players seemed to get better than their initial potentials with playing time.

I am liking this game alot :)

due to the update i am doing a do over and restarting
condors

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports