Freedom!

Freedom!

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:01 am

Taking the game out for a spin figured I would create a dynasty

I decide to go with my team and take control of the Philadelphia Freedom.

Jrue Holiday and Louis Williams both look to be backup point guards. However they are all i have on the roster this is a need that needs to be addressed.

At the shooting guard we have rookie Evan Turner at 3 balls he is already our 2nd best player. We have 1 ball Jodie Meeks behind him but hopefully he won't play much.

We have 4 small forwards but 2 of them can pack their bags as far as I am concerned. I would just cut them but maybe i will be able to get somebody to take them off my hands at some point. Andre Iguodala at 3.5 balls is our best player and we have Thaddeus Young 2.5 balls behind him. Jason Campeno and Andres Nociono are going to sit around playing cards unless their are injuries untill their contracts run out or i can move them.

Their are 4 power forwards on the roster. Elton Brand is the starter but is way overpaid almost 16 million this season for 2.5 balls of talent. We will move him but i doubt any team will take his contract but in 3 years we will try to postion ourselves to make a move in free agency when he comes off the books. Backups Maurice Speights and Darius Songalia are on expiring contracts that i am not looking to extend but Craig Brackens is a 1.5/2.5 ball player and looks to be marginally usefull if he reaches his potential. So i make him get the backup minutes at power forward and center and hope he gets better.

At center we have 22 year old Spencer Hawes 2.5 balls he will be the starter and veteran 1 ball player Tony Battie will be around if needed.

I extend the contracts of Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, and Craig Brackens by exercising their rookie options and extend Thadeus Young.

As i see the team now we have Evan Turner, Andre Iguodala and some bench players. We are over the cap so not going to be doing much in free agency at this point.
condors

Postby Tim Moungey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 am

Way to beat me to the dynasty punch. :)

You may want to try shopping Brand and seeing if you can get someone to bite on him.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:44 am

I decided after playing out the first game to sim out the season because i want to get to the offseason. A reporter asks me about Jodie Meeks recent poor play (ummm is this guy new did i miss his usual outstanding play?). I want to be critical but it is not his fault so i am encouraging and Jodie is inspired to pick up his play. My main concern is whether i should fire Doug Collins for playing the guy in the first place.
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 am

Brand, Kapeno, Nocioni, Songaila and Meeks are on the trading block.

I would take nothing in return if a team had the cap and wanted them for some reason.
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 am

In the all star weekend Evan Turner lead the rookies over the Sophmores 112-101 and was player of the game

My phone isn't ringing off the hook here except the newspaper is confirming these guys are on the block.
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:41 am

The team manages to win 34 games which is about what i would expect with a 3.4 % chance to get a top 3 pick i am not counting on that. We end up with the 9th pick which is expected. Toronto fell to 4th and Charlotte jumped up 5 spots to #2.

Hey the owner called and was happy i stayed on budget but was dissapointed with the results. (He has seen our roster right?)

Well the owner called and he wants the playoffs and doesn't want the luxury tax.

I don't want to fire Doug Collins and his staff as i didn't expect anything more than what we had although our owner i think is a bit overzealous to get results.

We have needs all over the place but a really good center could make the largest improvement. The 10th rated player in the mock draft is a center and the top 2 guys are as well the 9th rated guy is a point guard. I am not going to draft a shooting guard or a small forward but everything else is in play.

The Center that is projected #1 is rated 4 current 5 potential my staff have him rated as a 5 current and 5 potential. I wish i had a barging chip to play here but there is no way i am moving up 8 spots.

After looking at the rookies in workouts the 17th project pick seems to be a guy i like. Excellent work ethic and A rated defense. If i can unload a bad contract or two i may just move out of the first round...
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:11 am

Was trying to work out a deal to move up or down and didn't get what i wanted so i decieded to take the center I liked Kenny Boswell 6'9" 21 year old from TCU. He is a 1/2.5 ball player. He actually has a 7 rating for scoring right now and a 6/7 for defense he is going to come in and play that is for sure. Oh boy i like my 2nd round pick he is a 6'7" shooting guard 1.5/1.5 ball player but has a 10 rating for his defense only 3 scoring but he can certainly be a role player and an improvement over last years backup shooting guard.

We are improved over last season we have 11 players under contract and are still 3 million over the cap so i will look for the best guy i can get at a min deal
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 am

I picked up point guard Mario Chalmers to ride the bench for me.

Our team has 2 3.5 players with Evan Turner and Andre Iguodala 2 2.5 guys in Louis Williams and Elton Brand. I am going to start the rookie Kenny Boswell who is a 1/2.5 guy with the hope he may be better than he looks.

the bench has point guard jrue holiday 2/2.5 nothing special
sg marcus cleaver 1.5 6'7" 10 defense
sf thaddeus young 2.5 decent backup
pr craig brackens 2/2.5 nothing special
c spencer hawes 2.5 nothing special

to be honest my bench doesn't worry me i am ok with it the problem is with the starters and I don't believe Kenny Boswell is the answer here.
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 am

the 2nd season is a 37 win season and 12th pick in the draft. Not looking forward to the owners call the owner says he isn't a nutjob (really) but wants the playoffs he is happy about the budget.

I could use a star player but i am not in a postion to get one.

The I get a trade offer for Thaddeus Young 2.5 he is locked for a few seasons for a Greg Monrue a 3 ball player with an expiring contract. I have alot of guys coming off the books after this season so I take it.

I package my 1st and 2nd round pick to move up 2 spots to get small forward
Antonio Amaker 6-6 20 year old from Louisville 1.5/3.5.

Spencer Hawes has a broken foot and looks like he will be injured for 6 years?

I decide to pick up the rookie option for Greg Monrue could be a mistake but he is going to be our starting power forward and 4 million is cheap for a starter.

In free agency i get a center Mike Howell who has no work ethic or personality but is 1/3.5 talent player so i sign him to a 2 year min deal see if he develops any but i am guessing he won't
condors

Postby condors » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 am

third year is a 35 win season and the 8th pick in the draft. I hire a new coaching staff to try to turn this thing around.

We draft the best point guard we can and trade our 2nd round pick to move up 1 slot to get Kevin Mclinton 6'0" 20 year old from st joes 2.5/3 ball player for us if he reaches his potential he could be a surprise player for us.

With alot of turnover on the roster we have the ability to get a free agent to help us out. I really would like to get that stud center we have been chasing.
We have over 17 million in cap space 27 year old Dwight Howard is there a multiple league mvp and defensive player of the year i will offer him max and i have the room for a max deal as 16.5 is his max.

Call a press conferance we got our man! Dwight Howard signs the 5 year 95 million dollar offer and we have our center! I had been planning to make a move for a stud in free agency this year but getting Dwight Howard was above my expectations. Chris Paul is also a free agent i wish i had more room for him. I do manage to sign point guard Jose Calderon 2.5 star but has a 10 handling 6 passing and its 2 years at 1.1 million a year which is all the money i had left in the cap he wanted more but didn't get any takers. Jrue Holiday and Louis Williams got more money elsewhere.

Opening day starters

pg Jose Calderon 2.5
sg Evan Turner 3.5/4
sf Andre Iguodala 3.5
pf Greg Monrue 3
c Dwight Howard 4.5

Its the first time i don't look at my guys and say crap we need help here. There is always room for improvement. With Turner and Howard i feel i have my batman and robin with iguodala monrue and caleron being nice pieces to the puzzle. I am not saying we are the best team in the east on paper but now I feel at least we have something to work with.

our bench

pg kevin mclinton 2.5/3
pg mario chalmers 1.5/2
sg marcus cleaver 1.5/2
sf antonio antamaker 3/4.5
pf craig bracken 2/2.5
c kenny bosswell 1.5/2.5
c mike howell 1.5/3

Antamaker and Mclinton are in competition for starting roles that is very good
If i had to say an area of concern with be big men on the bench but they are not horrible just not ready yet.
condors

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports