Freedom! (now with update)

Freedom! (now with update)

Postby condors » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 am

I am taking out the update for a spin and figured I would do another dynasty

I run the developmental draft and look at my roster

Elton Brand, Andres Nocioni, Jason Campo, Darius Songaili, and Craig Brackens all go on the trading block.

pg Jrue Holliday 20 years old 6'3" 2.5/3.5
pg Louis Williams 23 years old 6'2" 2.5/2.5
sg Evan Turner 22 years old 6'7" 3/4
sg Jodie Meeks 22 years old 6'4" 1/1
sf Andre Iguodala 26 years old 6'6" 3.5/3.5
sf Thadius Young 21 years old 6'8" 2.5/2.5
pf Elton Brand 31 years old 6'9" 2.5/2.5
pf Maurie Speights 22 years old 6'10" 2/2
c Spencer Hawes 22 years old 7'0" 2.5/2.5
c Tony Battie 34 years old 6'11" 1/1

I figure i could use another big so i sign center
Jerome Jordan 24 years old 7'1" 1.5/2

I have some other guys but they are not scheduled to get playing time and are on the trading block will give them away for anything. Brand is getting big time money and will give him away also. After looking at the contracts Louis Williams is added to the trading block. If i can unload somebody i will pick up a free agent point guard. I would cut somebody but who knows maybe i will get an offer for somebody.

The media guide has us as 6th in the East. Not sure what to make of the team at this point. I like Holiday, Turner and Iguodala, but none of my bigs are really guys you want starting.
condors

Postby condors » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:17 am

We open the season vs Toronto they commit 27 turnovers in a 127-80 route for the Freedom. (they are ranked 15th in the conferance in the preseason preview so it may not be a very good gauge of how good we are)

I get to play my backups alot in the fourth quater.

I check around but nobody is on the trading block yet.

I am not comfertable with this roster I notice the Chicago has a little room under the cap and i send them Jodie Meeks and Craig Brackens for 3 2nd round picks. We trade Louis Williams to Sacromento 1st round pick.

We sign
sg Larry Hughes 31 years old 2/2
pg Jon Schener 23 years old 6'6" 1/1.5
pg Nick Calathers 21 years old 6'5" 1.5/2

while it hurts our depth at point guard, we have a better shooting guard on the bench and we added a couple picks in next years draft to hopefully get in postion to get the best big man possible.

I still would like to move guys on my trading block but teams are not biting
condors

Postby condors » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 am

The Freedom move to 2-0 behind Jrue Holliday's 33 points 9 assists 3 rebounds and 5 steals effort defeating New York 109-97. Turner had 22 and Iguodala had 20.
condors

Postby Tim Moungey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 am

You might not get offers until closer to the trade deadline.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby condors » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Game 3 we move to 3-0 beating Atlanta 107-99 the game was tied with 2:24 to go we had a around a 6-10 point lead most of the game though and they came back but didn't have enough to take it. Andre Iguodala is the player of the game with 22 points 4 assists 7 rebounds and 3 steal. Elton Brand had a decent offensive game with 18 points but only 3 rebounds. Nothing really stands out was a pretty close game that could have gone either way in the 4th quater

Game 4 Philadelphia (3-0) vs Sacramento (0-3) it was close at halftime but we got out to a double digit lead in the 3rd quater and didn't give it up. Evan Turner lead a balanced offense with 19 points 5 assists 6 rebounds 3 steals and 1 block in a 99-77 win
condors

Postby condors » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:02 am

Philadelphia(4-0) vs Miami(2-1) what should be a loss for us
3 minutes into the game Andre Iguodala heads to the bench with 2 fouls although the score is only 5-4 Miami its not looking good for the good guys. At the 7 minute mark Thadeus Young picks up his 2nd fould so now we have 6-6 point guard Jon Scheyer playing small forward guarding Lebron James although we are currently tied 11-11. At halftime we face a 53-38 deficit and fould troubles I am hoping to open the 3rd quater with a run but a couple of fouls could see my starters watching most of the third quater (holliday and Iguodala each have 3). The 3rd quater ends with Miami holding a 24 point lead it was 14 but they went on a 10-0 run when i sat my starters. We lose 108-83. We may be able to reach 4th seed in the East but we are not at these guys level. I like Holliday, Turner and Iguodala but to compare them to Bosh, Wade and Lebron is not close. Maybe they can get hit with injuries and we can pull off an upset in the playoffs? Hopefully this loss does not set this team into a tailspin.
condors

Postby condors » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 am

Phildadelphia(4-1) vs Orlando(4-0) eeeks the two teams I am most afraid in the East back to back. On paper we on not that far apart but their strength matches our weakness. They have Dwight Howard we have nobody at that level. Jameer Nelson does have a torn mcl and is out for 320 days. Chris Duhon/Jason Richardson combo is a drop off hopefully Jrue can go off. I shudder thinking of the Spencer Dawes - Dwight Howard matchup. we lose 108-89. Dwight Howard had 25 points 11 rebounds 3 steals and 5 blocks.
Evan Turner 2 days 88% and Spencer Hawes 6 days 86% pick up injuries.

Our next game is vs Utah hopefully we can turn it around here. Turner is back and i am relieved to have at least 4 out of 5 starters ready to go. We have an 18 point lead going into the 4th quater and i am very pleased with the effort so far. We end up with a 100-73 win 4 of our 5 starters had 15 or more points. Jerome Jordan getting his first ever start got 6 points 6 rebounds 1 steal and 2 blocks in 33 minutes that will not get the chicks. Espcially when Al Jefferson goes for 18 points and 15 rebounds in 30 minutes.
Although to be fair you can't expect much from an undrafted rookie.

Philadelphia(5-2) vs Toronto (1-6) The start is not textbook at Jrue picks up two quick fouls with 9:03 remaining in the first quater. Not a good sign we are down 3 at halftime 41-38. It is kinda sad but we miss Spencer Hawes.
Going into the 4th we are winning 59-57. We hold on to win 89-81. Was alot tougher then i expected.
condors

Postby condors » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Philadelphia (6-2) vs Indiana (3-4) We are healthy now and looking to play a good game. We get a 93-80 win. Spencer Hawes get his first player of the game award in his return. 17 points 4 assists 17 rebounds 1 steal 1 block.
I had an email and i was hoping it was another gm but it was the press asking me to confirm Songalai is on the trading block and I confirm it and he is pleased and can feel more relaxed now.

Philadelphia(7-2) vs Oklahoma City(5-4) We get a 95-74 win behind Andre Iguodala 24 points 4 assists 2 rebounds 6 steals 1 block performance. We have an injury and Spencer Hawes has and ab strain (9 days 85%)

Philadelphia(8-2) vs Minnesota (2-7) We pull out a nailbiter 88-85 behind Evan Turners 20 points 6 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals 1 block performance
condors

Postby condors » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am

We picked up 3 injuries Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, and backup point guard Jon Schayer. I debate cutting a guy or two to make room but I would rather get something for this guys and will wait its not like there is any world beaters in the free agent market. I could improve my bench but nothing earth shattering. Heck i went with youth signing guys cause i did not think my team would get off to such a good start.

We get mauled by the Clippers 103-82.
Jason Campano gets hurt. Now we have 4 guys injured. Not feeling good about this.

Philadelphia(9-3) vs Golden State (9-3) we manage a 102-87 victory

I have a couple players I am going to have to make contract decsions on. I was going to let everybody walk but now i am not so sure.
condors

Postby condors » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:48 am

decided to play the dynasty save after some time away...

Jrue Holiday and Andre Iguodala are getting into fights in the locker room both are getting unhappy.

I was going to move Holiday but it was Iggy who is the worse personalty guy.
I decied to try to move Iggy and take a crap player and some draft picks.

This puts me into rebuild mode and basically put the entire team on the block and collect as many draft picks as possible.

I finish the season with 35 wins and the 9th pick in next years draft
In the awards Evan Turner was all rookie 1st team and all league 2nd team.

Holiday(3.5 pot) and Turner(4.0 pot) look to be the future need to get a few guys just as talented in the other positions.
condors

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports