Bringing finally glory to Canada ?!

the trades

Postby chriskelly » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm a little worried about some of these trades. Of course, I'm going by names and not ratings; I have no idea how your guys developed. Maybe Flynn is better in the game than in real life. but:
-You got eric gordon for jack and a pick.
-you got Varajau for nothing.
-you got marian and 2 1st rounders for your 12th guy and one 1st rounder.
-you traded 2 scrubs for Landry AND a 1st
-you traded flynn and marian for Iguodala AND a 1st
-you turned jeff green and your 25th pick into Derrick Rose, starting all star PG

I'm not at all saying you did anything wrong or unfair!! But, this list makes me think one of a few things:
-you have the trading set too easy
-the AI isn't good at valuing draft picks in trades
-you may need some house rules.

I'm curious how many trades there were in the entire league in your game during this time line. I suggest limiting yourself to 1 trade for every 15 made in the league, which is average. I also suggest never swapping 1st rounders unless you are sure you'd do the deal if you were the AI. I also suggest never doing a trade that was evened out by adding a 2nd rounder.

I'm sure that coding AI to trade logically is very difficult to do. And, in real life, 1/2 of NBA trades are salary related anyway. I think this version is better than past ones. but, this is what I struggle with when I start a dynasty....you want to trade to improve while not giving yourself an advantage.
chriskelly

Good job so far

Postby brutusbrutus » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm

I cannot wait to see how the rookie center turns out. In my experience playing the game it has been hard to develop rookies into power houses. I always look for how much a big man shoots in the post to see if they will be an efficient scorer in the NBA. The 17.3 rebounds per game in college should translate to a good number in the NBA. Good luck!
brutusbrutus

Postby Soft » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 am

chriskelly wrote:I'm a little worried about some of these trades. Of course, I'm going by names and not ratings; I have no idea how your guys developed. Maybe Flynn is better in the game than in real life. but:
-You got eric gordon for jack and a pick.
-you got Varajau for nothing.
-you got marian and 2 1st rounders for your 12th guy and one 1st rounder.
-you traded 2 scrubs for Landry AND a 1st
-you traded flynn and marian for Iguodala AND a 1st
-you turned jeff green and your 25th pick into Derrick Rose, starting all star PG

I'm not at all saying you did anything wrong or unfair!! But, this list makes me think one of a few things:
-you have the trading set too easy
-the AI isn't good at valuing draft picks in trades
-you may need some house rules.

I'm curious how many trades there were in the entire league in your game during this time line. I suggest limiting yourself to 1 trade for every 15 made in the league, which is average. I also suggest never swapping 1st rounders unless you are sure you'd do the deal if you were the AI. I also suggest never doing a trade that was evened out by adding a 2nd rounder.

I'm sure that coding AI to trade logically is very difficult to do. And, in real life, 1/2 of NBA trades are salary related anyway. I think this version is better than past ones. but, this is what I struggle with when I start a dynasty....you want to trade to improve while not giving yourself an advantage.

I really was surprised that these trades worked out. I think it's pretty difficult to make trades realistic. I never thought that the Rose trade would work. When you do trading the right way you can be a title contender in one season. I always change the difficulty to MVP when creating my GM but what else can I do?? This is really my problem. I can build a dynasty in one season. A bit too easy.
Soft

Postby Soft » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:32 am

To have a little summary about late transactions:

Lakers really destroyed their team in my opinion. Traded Bynum for the 1st rounder of the Pacers and Odom for Dorell Wright and Charlie Bell? Excuse me but this is sick. The Pacers traded Granger for Bobcats' Gerald Wallace and now bumped up their defense dramatically. The Miami Heat filled their need at C and signed Samuel Dalembert to a 3 year deal. Michael Redd also wanted to grab some championships and signed with the Heat.

NEW SEASON

We started with 9 - 1 and Catlett is the man. Scores 14.2 ppg, grabs 9.3 rpg and blocks 1.8 shots per game at 51.2 % shooting and especially a great 80.2 % free throw shooting. The whole team's clicking and Derrick Rose is our top scorer with 19.3 ppg and 7.7 apg. Eric Gordon comes off the bench with great 15.8 ppg and is definetely a candidate for Sixth man of the year.
Soft

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports