Keeping the Kings in Sacramento!

Postby Jabez54 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 am

Funny, how it played out ... Not always the best player but the players that rises up as a team ... And that's basketball!! ... Thanks for the read ...
DDS:PB4, TPG Fan & PureSim Oldtimer ... and That's Baseball ...
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby LightningStrike5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:11 pm

2010 Playoffs – Round 2

(1) Kings v. (4) Mavericks

Predictions –

PG: Stephan Curry v. Jason Kidd

This one is a toughy, since Curry is the better scorer, but Kidd is a better passer (for now), a better defender and far more experienced. I’m leaning towards Kidd besting in this situation, but I think this position will determine the outcome.

Advantage: Mavericks

SG: Tyreke Evans v. Jason Terry

Tyreke is more than just a scorer – 21/4/4 – where Terry is just the scorer for the Mavericks. He averaged 16/3 and great percentages, but I expect Tyreke to hold him cold.

Advantage: Kings

SF: Shane Battier v. Caron Butler

Two role players – Shane and Caron each getting 11 PPG – but Shane is a better defender.

Advantage: Even

[b]PF: Tim Duncan v. Dirk Novitzki

Timmy D locked down Lee but Dirk is far more versatile and experienced. Duncan HAS to lock him down for us to advance.

C: DeMarcus Cousins v. Brenden Haywood

Haywood – averaged 13/11/2 – but I honestly think the younger and more versatile Cousins should fare well against him.

Bench:
Greene, Omri, Thompson, Cole, Kirk v. Rod Deabubois, Shawn Marrion and Tyson Chandler - I think we’ve got the depth advantage, if they have the experience.

Final Prediction: Kings in 7

I think our depth and our defense will propel us past these guys, honestly.

May 3 – Mavericks @ Kings – Loss 125-109(0-1)

Right, about that defense… Dirk goes off for 32/8, Butler gets 25 and Terry and Kidd each get 18 as the Mavs shoot 55% to open the field. We have seven guys in double figures, led by DeMarcus with 18/11, but we only shoot 44%. Ugh, the Arco crowd is pissed and they should be.

May 4 – Mavericks @ Kings – Win 103-85, (1-1)

We get back into this series with defense! Duncan gets 14/14 and six blocks, while Dirk battles him to a standstill with 20/16 boards. Brenden Haywood gets 23 freaking boards, but Cousins again dominates him offensively for 18/10 and we hold the Mavs to 36% shooting.

May 6 – Kings @ Mavericks – Win 111-108, (2-1)

OC - Don’t normally watch the games (aka leaving the decisions up to the coach but ‘watching’ the game thanks to DDSPB’s features) but I’m glad I did this one.

We win a close one in Dallas to regain a series advantage! DeMarcus freaking Cousins dominates the Mavs for 21 points, 18 boards, 2 blocks and 2 steals. Haywood had 25 of his own, but the rookie’s prowess gave us momentum. Final minute, Tyreke gets the ball and drives, kicks it to a open Curry for a game notching three. Curry had 26/8, and Tyreke ads 24 of his own in a great great win.

May 7 – Kings @ Mavericks – Win 125-103, (3-1)

A dominating offensive performance lifts us to one game of the conference finals! Duncan has 19 points, six assists and seven boards, while Tyreke leads us with 21 points as seven guys – all of our starters and Hinrich/Greene off the bench hit double figures. Dirk leads the struggling Mavs with 26.

May 9 – Mavericks @ Kings – Win 93-82, (4-1)

Defense wins the series! The Mavs faulter and shoot 36 percent and Duncan gets 16 points, 15 boards and six blocks. I couldn’t imagine this team without him, he’s such a leader and has been so dominant. Tyreke gets 25, and dispite being shut down by Kidd scoring wise, Curry gets 12 assists.

Next up – the Portland Trailblazers including 28PPG Brandon Roy. Oh boy.

Playoff Standings –
Code: Select all
[u]West[/u]
(1) Sacramento v. (2) Portland

[u]East[/u]
(3) Boston v. (8) Atlanta

And Atlanta continues an unprecedented run with a 4-2 series win over the Bucks. This is incredible. Boston should win this, but I’m cheering for the underdogs!

I’m worried about Portland, they have a good number of veterans, a great big in Camby and a 29PPG scorer in Roy…

[b]League Leaders - [/b]

[b]Point-per-Game[/b]

# Player Pos Team PPG
1 LeBron James SF Heat 30.8
2 Dwight Howard C Magic 29.6
3 Brandon Roy SG Trailblazers 28.5
4 Amare Stoudeimire C Knicks 27.8
5 Derrick Rose PG Bulls 23.7

[b]Rebounds-per-Game[/b]

# Player Pos Team RPG
1 Dwight Howard C Magic 15.4
2 Marcus Camby C Trailblazers 14.5
3 Andrew Bynum C Lakers 14.4
4 Amare Stoudemire C Knicks 14.3
5 Al Jefferson C Jazz 14.2

[b]Assists-per-Game[/b]

# Player Pos Team APG
1 Rajon Rondo PG Celtics 10.2
2 Chris Paul PG Hornets 9.8
3 Derrick Rose PG Bulls 9.2
4 Jameer Nelson PG Magic 9.0
5 Deron Williams PG Jazz 9.0

[b]Blocks-per-Game[/b]

# Player Pos Team BPG
1 Dwight Howard C Magic 4.2
2 [b]Tim Duncan PF Kings 4.0[/b]
3 Andrew Bogut C Bucks 3.3
4 Andris Biedrins C Warriors 3.3
5 Josh Smith PF Hawks 3.2

[b]Steals-per-Game[/b]

# Player Pos Team SPG
1 Chris Paul PG Hornets 2.6
2 Dwayne Wade SG Heat 2.3
3 Trevor Ariza SF Hornets 2.0
4 Jason Terry SG Mavericks 1.9
5 Rajon Rondo PG Celtics 1.8

Duncan continues to anchor us defensively and he’s our playoff MVP so far. Funny that the most dominant players are already out, side from Roy who is just unstoppable.
LightningStrike5

Postby LightningStrike5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:03 pm

2010 Playoffs – Conference Finals

(1) Kings v. (2) Trailblazers

Predictions –

PG: Stephan Curry v. Andre Miller

A very even match, with Curry at 17/7 and Miller at 14/8. Miller has the veteran experience and better defender, while Curry is the better scorer.

SG: Tyreke Evans v. Brandon Roy

Tyreke is outmatched in this one – 21/4/4 v. 24/5/4 in regular season, but Roy has severely elevated his play in the playoffs with 28PPG.

Advantage: Trailblazers

SF: Shane Battier v. Greg Oden

Now, this is just silly. I understand, you guys have three great big guys. But you play the biggest at SF? Oden isn’t a PF, let alone a SF, but the Blazers are going for size, so…

PF: Tim Duncan v. LaMarcus Aldridge

Timmy D has fried bigger fish than 15/8 Aldridge. Our one clear advantage in the series in my opinion.

C: DeMarcus Cousins v. Marcus Camby

Cousins now faces one of the best defensives lines in the NBA, and Camby is the best of the best. I expect DeMarcus to struggle big time.

Bench:
Greene, Omri, Thompson, Cole, Kirk v. Batum, Fernandez, Wesley Mathews and Luke Babbit. I think we have the advantage, but really… Batum off the bench? Please.

Final Prediction: Trailblazers in 7

I hate this matchup. We lost both our regular season matchups to them, and Roy has been a man possessed. They’re just way to big.

May 15 – Blazers @ Kings – Loss 102-92(0-1)

We loose right off the bat as Roy continues his Jordanesk walk towards the finals. He scores 36 points and trashes our defense, with Curry the lone bright spot with 25/12.

May 16 – Blazers @ Kings – Win 93-83, (1-1)

Tying up the series at home with defense! Tyreke scores 24 and holds Roy to just 14 points, and we get 15 bench points from both Greene and Kirk in the win.

May 18 – Kings @ Blazers – Loss 107-102, (1-2)

We lose a close game down at the buzzer as Roy scores 26 to lead all scores. Duncan has 16/12, and Tyreke gets 24/5/3, but we can’t pull out a close one.

May 19 – Kings @ Blazers – Loss 108-82, (1-3)

And just like that, we’re on the brink of elimination. Roy continues to blaze Portland onwards (haha) with 28, and we shoot a horrid 40%. Tyreke has 21 to lead us, but our defense is atrocious.

May 21 – Blazers @ Kings – Win 105-85, (2-3)

We climb back into the series behind Duncan’s 22/11, as Curry rushes past Miller for 17/12. Tyreke and Roy battle to a standstill, each getting 25.

May 23 – Kings @ Blazers – Win 112-101, (3-3)

We send the series back home with a win – finally – in Portland! Curry has 22/12 assists and Tyreke notcheds 27, while holding Roy to just 17.

But then we get horrid news. Duncan has severely strained his hamstring and will MISS game seven. Our defensive anchor, floor leader and playoff MVP is down and I don’t know if we can recover.

Now, the moment of truth…

May 25 – Blazers @ Kings – Loss 93-82, (3-4)

Brandon Roy has 33 points and without Duncan in the middle, LaMarcus has 22/11. We shoot a grand total of 40% and no one plays more than average.

Well, that ends our season. I’m very happy with our guys and let them know it – and since we’ve got three starters, our key three, under 22 we’ll be back, no question. Curry, Tyreke and DeMarcus are a great three way punch for this future.

Public support for the Kings is at an all time high, recovered completely from the dreary days we had just a season ago. The arena push is moving forward, and if we have another great season next year ([i]OC – aka a Finals appearance[i]), we’ve most likely got a new arena.)

[b]Playoff Standings –

[u]West[/u]
(1) Sacramento v. (2) Portland

[u]East[/u]
(3) Boston v. (2) Portland- Portland wins 4-2

And the Portland Trailblazers are the 2010-2011 NBA Champions, with Brandon Roy taking the Playoffs MVP after averaging 26PPG in the playoffs. Congrats to the Blazers, who I have a lot of respect for… but I can’t help but think what would have happened if we’d had an uninjured Duncan come game 7…

[b]2011 NBA Lottery
14. Suns (+0)
13. Rockets (+0)
12. Pacers (+0)
11. Pistons (+0)
10. Grizzlies (+0)
9. Thunder (-1)
8. Cavaliers (-1)
7. Nets (-1)
6. Clippers (-2)
5. Raptors (-3)
4. Timberwolves (-3)
3. Spurs (+6)
2. Bobcats (+1)
1. Wizards (+4)

And the Wizards get back to back top picks! [b]John Wall[/b] is gonna love that…

[code]
[b]NBA 2010-2011 Awards[/b]:

[u]MVP:[/u] [b]Dwight Howard[/b], C, [i]Orlando Magic[/i]
[u]DPOY:[/u] [b]Dwight Howard[/b], C, [i]Orlando Magic[/i]
[u]ROY:[/u] [b]DeMarcus Cousins[/b],  C, [i]Sacramento Kings[/i]
[u]COY:[/u] [b]Nate McMillian[/b], [i]Portland Trailblazers[/i]
[u]6MOY:[/u] [b]Greg Oden[/b], C, i]Portland Trailblazers[/i]
[u]All NBA 1st Team:[/u] [b]Chris Paul[/b], PG, [i]New Orleans Hornets[/i], [b]Joe Johnson[/b], SG, [i]Atlanta Hawks[/i], [b]Danny Granger[/b], SF, [i]Indiana Pacers[/i], [b]Pau Gasol[/b], PF, [i]Los Angeles Lakers[/i], [b]Dwight Howard[/b], C, [i]Orlando Magic[/i]

[u]All NBA 2nd Team:[/u] [b]Deron Williams[/b], PG, [i]Utah Jazz[/i], [b]Dwayne Wade[/b], SG, [i]Miami Heat[/i], [b]Carmelo Anthony[/b], SF, [i]Denver Nuggets[/i], [b]David Lee[/b], PF, [i]Golden State Warriors[/i], [b]Andrew Bogut[/b], C, [i]Milwaukee Bucks[/i]

[u]All NBA 3rd Team:[/u] [b]Steve Nash[/b], PG, [i]Phoenix Suns[/i], [b]Gilbert Arenas [/b], SG, [i]Washington Wizards[/i], [b]Gerald Wallace[/b], SF, [i]Charlotte Bobcats[/i], [b]Chris Bosh[/b], PF, [i]Miami Heat[/i], [b]Yao Ming[/b], C, [i]Houston Rockets[/i]

[u]All Rookie 1st Team:[/u] [b]John Wall[/b], PG, [i]Washington Wizards[/i], [b]Evan Turner[/b], SG, [i]Philadelphia 76ers[/i], [b]Paul Geroge[/b], SF, [i]Indiana Pacers[/i], [b]Tiago Splitter[/b], PF, [i]San Antonio Spurs[/i], [b]DeMarcus Cousins[/b], C, [i]Sacramento Kings[/i]

[u]All Rookie 2nd Team:[/u] [b]Gervis Vasquez[/b], PG, [i]Memphis Grizzlies[/i], [b]Xiaver Henry[/b], SG, [i]Grizzlies[/i], [b]Al-Farouq Aminu[/b], SF, [i]Los Angeles Clippers[/i], [b]Greg Monroe[/b], PF, [i]Pistons[/i], [b]Nikola Pekovic[/b], C, [i]Minnesota Timberwolves[/i]

[u]All Defense 1st Team :[/u] [b]Chris Paul[/b], PG, [i]New Orleans Hornets[/i], [b]Dwayne Wade[/b], SG, [i]Miami Heat[/i], [b]Gerald Wallace[/b], SF, [i]Charlotte Bobcats[/i], [b]Pau Gasol[/b], PF, [i]Los Angeles Lakers[/i], [b]Dwight Howard[/b], C, [i]Orlando Magic[/i]

[u]All Defense 2nd Team:[/u] [b]Rajon Rondo[/b], PG, [i]Boston Celtics[/i], [b]Stephan Jackson[/b], SG, [i]Charlotte Bobcats[/i], [b]Danny Granger[/b], SF, [i]Indiana Pacers[/i], [b]Josh Smith[/b], PF, [i]Atlanta Hawks[/i], [b]Andrew Bogut[/b], C, [i]Milwaukee Bucks[/i]

First, great for DeMarcus winning ROY! I suppose that our teams superior standings to the Wiz and the 76ers won it for him, even though Wall and Turner had superior stats.

Second, I suppose I can see McMillan winning COY over Rudy T, but I’m still a bit upset for my bud.

Third – No LeBron OR Durant on the All NBA Teams?!Anthony over either is silly, but Wallace over either is blasphemy!

Gonna start checking out the draft prospects tomorrow!
LightningStrike5

Postby LightningStrike5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:04 pm

File is currently out of commish. Posted an error message and sent in the file... hope it can be fixed, I love this team.
LightningStrike5

Postby Jabez54 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:49 am

As well as loving this journal ... great read, LS5
DDS:PB4, TPG Fan & PureSim Oldtimer ... and That's Baseball ...
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby MrEndshiftresign » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am

Loving this dynasty! Can we have a second season?

I do find it strange, though, that Captain Kirk is getting upset over getting disciplined, while AI instantly apologizes for getting into a scrap...
"He's a pitcher, part yogi and part recluse. Impressively liberated from our opulent life-style, Sidd's deciding about yoga—and his future in baseball."
- George Plimpton

"The Nye Mets are my favorite squadron!"
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
MrEndshiftresign

Postby LightningStrike5 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Wish I could, but the file crashed, and I never heard back when I turned it in for problem solving.
LightningStrike5

Postby gbmoore » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Still no word on the file?
gbmoore

Postby LightningStrike5 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Nope, never did.
LightningStrike5

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports