The Kings of LA: Your Los Angeles Clippers!

Postby King Zolewi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:51 pm

A quick note: I have not forgotten about Al-Farouq Aminu. I sent him to our D-League affiliate, Anaheim, to train and get ready for the D-League season. He scored 18 points in his debut. I'll keep tabs on him, and if he plays well I'll call him up and see how he fares against NBA talent.

Also, after observing the schedule, I've noticed that we are home heavy at the start of the year, which of course means our schedule is back-loaded with road games. Prior to the All-Star break we have a seven game eastern trip, and in March we have a six-game trip that ends in a Texas Two-step. With our poor start I'd say the chances of making the playoffs already look dead...

Game 16-vs Heat, W, 129-127, 5-11
I moved AI into the starting lineup for good, and as I noticed before, our offense gets MOVING! 28 for Kaman, 24 for Griffin, and 22 for JJ. How soft is Miami's interior? Craig Smith comes of the bench and goes 8-8 for 18 points. Miami played without the injured Dwyane Wade, but Mike Miller filled in well, hitting 7 threes for 27 points. LeBron scored 28, but was only 7-21, including 1-9 from three. He made his living from the line, going 13-20. Bosh played only 22 minutes because of foul trouble but still gave 16 and 7. Miami scored 46 points in the 1st and led by 20, but with Bosh sitting on the bench we pounded the inside and pulled back into it. Both teams scored a combined 75 points in the 4th, and the game ended with JJ draining a three at the buzzer as the crowd exploded and LeBron stalked off the court. The loss dropped the Heat to 8-9!!! Sound familiar?

Game 17-at Mavericks, L, 123-97, 5-12
The epitome of a let-down game, our energy from the Heat upset is lost as Dallas rolls easily. I thought after we played the so tough at home we might stand a chance, but no. We need to work on our three point defense as Kidd hits 7 threes as part of his 23 point night.

Game 18-at Rockets, L, 96-83, 5-13
Another offensive dud. Kaman fouled out in 21 minutes trying to cover Yao, and Battier torches us off the bench with 5 threes and 22 points. Kevin Martin was out, but Terrence Williams starts and plays well. i think he left his problems back in Jersey.

Game 19-at Grizzlies, L, 94-72, 5-14
Perhaps AI has nightmares from his short stint in Memphis as he goes 0-9 and finishes without a single point. JJ is suffering from back spasms and takes just 6 shots, scoring 6 points. Griffin was solid with 20 and 10, but the other Gasol, Marc Gasol, got a triple double of 12 points, 15 rebounds and 10 blocks!!! The game was actually tied at half-time, but we left our game in the locker room as Memphis outscores us 26-7. Yes, 7 points in 12 minutes. Unfortunately, a scary moment early in the second when after a fast break dunk OJ Mayo lands awkwardly and his leg crumples beneath him. He's left screaming on the court while the players look on helplessly. He's carried out on a stretcher and its later determined that he's torn the patellar tendon in his knee and is out for the year. A damn shame as Memphis is 13-6 and leading the Southwest division.

Game 20-at Timberwolves, L, 108-100, 5-15
AI scored 24 points but is torched by the legendary Luke Ridnour who scores 32, and rookie Wesley Johnson goes 9-11 off the bench for 21 points. After the game Mike Bibby again lays into Vinny Del Negro, saying even Mike Woodson was a better game-planner than him. He might have a point, as Minnesota was an astounding 1-17 going into this game, and to say that I'm embarrased :o would be an understatement.
King Zolewi

Postby King Zolewi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 am

Game 21-vs Magic, L, 112-87, 5-16
What would you expect? 23 and 17 for D12, 23 for Turk, and 21 for Arenas. They shot 58% from the field for the game. We shot 41%, and apparently Kaman can't guard anybody as he's been terrorized by Howard, Yao and even Brendan Haywood. Quite frankly, as an outsider I thought this team was stacked with talent but now that I get up close and personal I can see that Griffin is the only guy that has anything. However, I refuse to give up! I will break this Clippers curse, or my career will die trying!!!

Game 22-at Trailblazers, W, 117-115, 6-16
Apparently my speech from the last game got to the team, as they stun the Blazers on the road. Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge dueled all game long, Blake getting a career high 34 points with 15 boards and Aldridge pouring in 35. The difference JJ, whose back problems died down and allowed him to drop 28 points on the hobbled Brandon Roy. Craig Smith came up huge again, going 8-10 for 16 points. It was Portland trying to comeback, but Brandon Roy got no lift on his attempted game winning three and drew air, and after the game drew questions about his knees and his career.

Game 23-vs Rockets, L, 106-87, 6-17
Second night of a back to back, after getting to LAX at midnight we just had no energy. Kaman actually locked down Yao, not committing a foul in 36 minutes.

Game 24-at Thunder, W, 102-98, 7-17
A nice upset as JJ drops 21 and Bibby comes off the bench with 20. Its tempered a little by the absence of Kevin Durant who just recently broke his hand and is out for a month and a half.

Game 25-at Bulls, L, 104-99, 7-18
A back and forth game that gets taken over by Rose near the end. JJ scores 27.
King Zolewi

Postby King Zolewi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 am

Game 26-at Pacers, W, 111-102, 8-18
22 for JJ, and Kaman and Blake flip stats, Blake getting 18 and 11, Kaman getting 11 and 18. Rookie Willie Warren, who I predicted wouldn't last in the NBA, drops 16 off the bench. He's averaging 5 PPG in only 10 minutes a game, and has been working hard on his game all year. Danny Granger dropped 40, but got no help from his teammates.

Game 27-at Bucks, L, 126-72, 8-19
Oh the horrors!!! 33 percent shooting, 9-17 from the free throw line, could not make a shot. Milwaukee shoots 60 percent, and goes 22-23 from the line. Basically, they played great, we played like crap, the result is a 54 point beatdown.

Game 28-vs Raptors, W, 111-92, 9-19
The NBA actually scheduled a Raptors-Clippers game on Christmas. We probably set a multitude of ratings records (as in no one watched:cool: ) The loss drops Toronto to 3-25.

Game 29-vs Mavericks, W, 107-97, 10-19
A nice home win against one of the Western Conference elite. Kaman goes for 23 and 15, and Griffin shows some defensive prowess, holding Nowitzki to 5 of 19 shooting.

Game 30-at Kings, L, 119-94, 10-20
28 for Carl Landry and Tyreke Evans adds 26 as the surprising Kings pull to .500 at 16-16 with an easy win over the hapless Clippers.
King Zolewi

Postby King Zolewi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 am

NBA December Stats

Orlando leads the East at 20-11, Toronto mucking it up at 3-28. Interesting note as none of the 15 eastern teams has a winning record on the road.

Denver (24-8), Dallas (23-8), and the Lakers (21-9) pulling away out West. Home court is huge, especially when the Staples Center is clad in purple and gold as the Lakers are 16-1 on their home court.

PPG: Kobe Bryant, LAL, 30.4
RPG: Dwight Howard, ORL, 15.6
APG: Chris Paul, NO, 10.7
SPG: Paul, 2.5
BPG: Howard, 3.5

MVP: Howard
DPY: Howard
6th: Marcus Thornton, NO, 12.7 PPG, 0 Starts
ROY: Evan Turner, PHI, 18.1 PPG 4.8 RPG, 3.1 APG, 1.5 SPG
Coach: Avery Johnson, Nets now 18-13 and 2nd in East
MIP: (not determined by the game so I'll do it myself) Marc Gasol, MEM, 16 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 BPG

Utah inked Rasheed Wallace as a free agent. I wonder if Jerry Sloan will have the same effect on 'Sheed as Larry Brown once did

Memphis reached into the barrel of old washed-up names and came up with big man Raef LaFrentz. Go figure.

Out in Boston Delonte West tore his ACL, ending his season
Always injured Kevin Martin has a broken hand is out a month in Houston
O.J. Mayo is out with that torn patellar tendon he suffered against us
Kevin Durant is still out a month with his broken hand
King Zolewi

Postby gglennwill » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi King, just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your dynasty. I can't resist these dynasties where people take over horrible teams and try to make something out of them. Keep up the good work! All I can say is I admire your patience!
gglennwill

Postby King Zolewi » Wed May 04, 2011 4:58 am

@gglennwill: Thanks! Sadly this dynasty is long gone but I'll probably fire another one up. I think there's more pride in taking a nobody (like Cleveland) to a title rather than a somebody (like Miami)
King Zolewi

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports