You're Moving Us To Toronto?!!

Postby zike_42 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:37 pm

The NBA lottery is up and we have the third best odds at winning it all. Unfortunately Toronto has the best odds because of their Roy Michaels trade with Utah. The pick that I traded for Travis Randolph has the ninth best odds.

16 – Washington (0)
15 – Sacramento (0)
14 – Charlotte (0)
13 – Miami (0)
12 – Phoenix (0)
11 – Houston (0)
10 – Memphis (0)
9 – Nevada (0)
8 – Honolulu (0)
7 – Memphis (0)
6 – San Antonio (0)
5 – Indiana (-1)

I can’t really remember a lottery when there has been a big jump apart from my first one when New York leaped from last to second and then picked Varlam Bebutov.

4 – Seattle (-2)
3 – Toronto (-2)

We have jumped! And more good news, Toronto has fallen!

2 – Chicago (+3)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Chris Reese here we come!

1 – Detroit (+2).

I don’t think anyone on our team will get an award but I don’t care because of our first overall pick.

[This is the third #1 pick I have got since I have been in this league. The first one was Kevin King and the second being Roy Michaels when I left for Detroit. I swear that it is just the balls falling my way and I didn't make it that I won the pick.]

Most Valuable Player:
Chris Paul, Philadelphia 76ers – 19.2 points, 11.3 assists, 3.6 rebounds, 1.9 steals, 0.0 blocks

Defensive Player of the Year:
Andrew Bogut, Los Angeles Clippers – 17.5 points, 1.6 assists, 11.3 rebounds, 0.9 steals, 3.9 blocks

Sixth Man of the Year:
Josh Smith, Golden State Warriors – 7.8 points, 2.5 assists, 5.3 rebounds, 1.1 steals, 2.2 blocks

Rookie of the Year:
Jarrett Omara, Denver Nuggets – 11.1 points, 1.7 assists, 7.3 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 3.2 blocks

Coach of the Year:
Mike D’Antoni, New York Knicks – 64-18 (.780)

Matt Bailey got robbed for MVP as Paul had a so-so season by his standards. The rest of the awards are pretty good and it is great to see ex-Piston Smith get an award.

All NBA First Team:
Chris Paul, Philadelphia 76ers
Evan Turner, Detroit Pistons
Lebron James, Dallas Mavericks
Darrell Holtz, Memphis Grizzlies
Andrew Bogut, Los Angeles Clippers

All NBA Second Team:
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Blake Griffin, Orlando Magic
Dwight Howard, Toronto Raptors

All NBA Third Team:
Raymond Felton, New York Knicks
Kyle Craig, New Orleans Hornets
Kevin King, Toronto Raptors
Derrick Favors, New Jersey Nets
Matt Bailey, Los Angeles Lakers

Great to see Evan in the first team while Darrell Holtz is a surprise. But the biggest surprise was seeing Matt Bailey only in the third team, so let’s go to the tape -

Andrew Bogut – 17.5 points, 1.6 assists, 11.3 rebounds, 0.9 steals and 3.9 blocks
Dwight Howard – 16.4 points, 1.2 assists, 10.5 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 3.5 blocks
Matt Bailey – 21.3 points, 1.6 assists, 12.0 rebounds, 1.0 steals and 3.7 blocks.

All Defense First Team:
Chris Paul, Philadelphia 76ers
Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat
Wesley Johnson, Philadelphia 76ers
Jarrett Omara, Denver Nuggets
Andrew Bogut, Los Angeles Clippers

All Defense Second Team:
Sam Dye, Miami Heat
Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings
Lebron James, Dallas Mavericks
Darrell Holtz, Memphis Grizzlies
Dwight Howard, Toronto Raptors

All Rookie First Team:
Sam Baron, Cleveland Cavaliers
Luther Marquis, Milwaukee Bucks
Kyle Wheat, Phoenix Suns
Jarrett Omara, Denver Nuggets
Kenny Leith, Philadelphia 76ers

All Rookie Second Team:
Danny Gilmore, Indiana Pacers
Sapir Ruffin, Honolulu Sharks
Chad Clarke, Milwaukee Bucks
Emmanuel Card, Golden State Warriors
Eryon Evans, Utah Jazz

Mr. McCreight was over the moon again seeing as our run in the playoffs brought in huge amounts of publicity and money. We go over our ‘we are going to make the playoffs and it will cost between $10-15 million over the cap to do it’ routine where he says that may be too much but I’m OK if you bring results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In breaking news the Los Angeles Clippers have decided to move out of the Lakers’ shadow and relocate to San Diego. They will change their name to the Riders but keep their colours and the change will happen before the upcoming draft.

“We just believe that the Clippers team would garner more praise and fan support if they didn’t have to compete with the Lakers for city allegiance.” Said owner David Silver who announced that they will be gunning for the playoffs this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2018 NBA Mock Draft has been announced –

1 – Detroit – PF Germaine Hayden
2 – Chicago – SF JaRon Layton
3 – Toronto – PF Sarath Cardinal
4 – Seattle – C Chris Reese
5 – Indiana – SF Sam Cooper
6 – San Antonio – SG Shane Rein
7 – Memphis – SF Terrell Collins
8 – Honolulu – PG Dan Besecker
9 – Nevada – PG Rickie Seegars
10 – Memphis – SG Battal Selaniki
11 – Houston – C Julius Meeking
12 – Phoenix – C Ramon Johnson
13 – Miami – SG Gaylon Jordan
14 – Charlotte – PG Marlon Stewart
15 – Sacramento – PF Iaroslav Kupetsky
16 – Washington – PF Elton Bass

Wrong, all wrong. For starters Chris Reese is going first unless he goes to jail and Marlon Stewart will most likely not drop to 14. And the long shot is that I see Battal Selaniki going top five if his work outs are good.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby AussieVilla » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:07 am

Wow! Congrats on the #1 pick... Are you picking Reese because of his talent or because C is your biggest need? Though I guess you could answer yes to both questions!
AussieVilla

Postby zike_42 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:54 am

AussieVilla wrote:Wow! Congrats on the #1 pick... Are you picking Reese because of his talent or because C is your biggest need? Though I guess you could answer yes to both questions!

You're right, it's a yes to both questions. Although Hayden is probably more polished at the moment I'm going to look to trade Randolph which leaves a huge gap at C which Reese will fill.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 am

Just before the draft I give all our coaches a three year extension because of their great results for the team.

2018 NBA Draft

This draft looks good with a lot of very good players throughout. Germaine Hayden is a very intriguing prospect but he looks more like a Dex Floyd or Ben Wallace type of defensive player with a subpar offensive game, so our pick is easy.

1 – Detroit – C Chris Reese

The critics say that the pick is on the money and that Reese will be a very good selection.

I hit the phones to see what I can get for Travis Randolph and I find a doozy.

Detroit trade:
C Travis Randolph

Toronto trade:
SF Kevin King

Why for Detroit:
There were rumours that the Pistons were going to trade Randolph even before they got the #1 pick and drafted Chris Reese. They decided to swing for the fences and got a top five player in the league in Kevin King.

Why for Toronto:
The Raptors may have the best defensive front court of all time. That sounds like hyperbole but when Dwight Howard moves to PF while Randolph slots in a C I would say that this tandem is better than Duncan/Robinson of the 1990s/2000s. We will see how long Randolph lasts at the four time defending champions.

Winner – Detroit

I wanted to see if I could slow down the rampaging Raptors, which I think I did but I may have taken on too much salary. We will see.

2 – Chicago – PF Germaine Hayden
He is not a very good scorer but his rebounding and defense are out of this world. Fantastic pick which will go well with their rebuilding efforts.

I have the trade fever and I feel like I can snag another big name but I can’t make the salaries match for Marlon Zinn while the Lakers are wise not to deal Matt Bailey even if I throw the house at them for him.

3 – Toronto – SG Battal Selaniki
Another big guard but is different to Trent Bailey because he is more of a shooter than a scorer. The critics are mixed but I like this one here.

4 – Seattle – SF Sam Cooper
I don’t know about this one as he has a subpar shot and is very skinny for a SF. He could have been taken at the end of the lottery or even further down. JaRon Layton would have been a better SF.

5 – Indiana – PG Dan Besecker
Brother of Kelyn but Dan is a much better PG. I’m surprised that he fell to fifth as he could have been taken either third or fourth.

6 – San Antonio – SG Shane Rein
Very good offensive player but is a pretty bad defender. He is also short at 6’3 so was a bit of a reach at this spot.

7 – Memphis – SG Gaylon Jordan
Another small (6’4) SG but has the weight to hold his own. I would have gone with Jordan over Rein.

8 – Honolulu – PG Rickie Seegars
He is probably the best PG in the draft and is drafted as such. Although he is still working out his body and game it’s a great selection at #8.

9 – Nevada – PF Elton Bass
Quite inconsistent but his low post game is fantastic. Will help the Neon next season but I would have gone for either Andy Leonard or Sarath Cardinal.

10 – Memphis – PG Marlon Stewart
The Grizzlies have done well by picking up their back court of the future and finally puts the OJ Mayo at PG experiment to bed.

11 – Houston – C Julius Meeking
If Reese wasn’t in the draft then Meeking would have been the best C in the draft and getting him at #11 is a huge steal.

12 – Phoenix – C Ramon Johnson
The Suns were looking for a C and were hoping that Meeking would drop to them. Johnson isn’t bad but his offensive game is lacking in most areas.

13 – Miami – PG Travis Williams
Williams is very inconsistent but is a decent distributor but he could have been taken later.

14 – Charlotte – PF Sarath Cardinal
He finally gets taken and if the Bobcats can stay with him and give him plenty of room to grow then he could be an All-Star one day.

15 – Sacramento – PF Iaroslav Kupetsky
His weaknesses – Never a bigtime scorer and not a defensive presence. Hmm, not the best write-up for a player who was tabbed a lot higher early in the year.

16 – Washington – SF JaRon Layton
The Wizards are sending gifts baskets to all the other teams who passed on the very good Layton. Probably the steal of the draft at the end of the lottery.

17 – Minnesota – SG Jerry Owens
Six foot eight guard who rises over his opponent to score. Too bad he is too unselfish and defers to his teammates too much.

18 – Charlotte – SG Troy Gregory
Yikes! He turns the ball over too much but that may have been due to team defences collapsing on him as he was the best player at Northwestern. Too early for my liking.

19 – Minnesota – SG Kareem Curry
Is very one dimensional as a spot up shooter that would have been available at the end of the first round.

20 – Golden State – C Hilton Chenowith
Quite a good shooter and has great hands which helps him swallow up rebounds. They needed a big guy but I would have thought that Andy Leonard would have been the better selection.

21 – Boston – SF Donnie Tubbs
Will be a good bench player and is a quality selection at this stage.

22 – Oklahoma City – PF Shane Mobley
Another quality selection as he would have been the equal best PF left in the draft with Andy Leonard.

23 – Portland – PF Andy Leonard
And there he goes and will bolster the Blazers bench as he is a dynamite scorer.

Los Angeles is still being stubborn with Matt Bailey so it looks like I’m done dealing for the moment.

24 – Orlando – C Michael Lee
They were going to pick a C no matter what and I was so close to dealing Travis Randolph for Marlon Zinn until Toronto came a knocking. Lee is a stretch.

25 – New Orleans – SG Eric Collier
Although he is a good scorer his passing, ball handling and defense is suspect. But when a team is picking at #25 then Collier is a decent pick.

26 – Memphis – PG Craig Jefferson
Ouch. What a horrible pick here as the boo birds are out in force with this pick. Who knew there were so many Memphis fans in New York?

27 – Los Angeles – C Maxim Hankar
Damn, I was hoping he would fall to the second round and although he is super raw the Belgian has a lot of potential.

28 – Dallas – SF Terrell Collins
He is just a shooter which will help when Lebron James collapses defences. Decent pick but nothing special.

29 – Philadelphia – SG Jackie Summerall
Can light it up from any spot on the court and is known as Car park Jackie for his range.

30 – Charlotte – SF Antonio Burks
6’10 and has a great shooting stroke. He needs to be set up as he can’t make plays for himself but is a decent pick.

31 – New York – SF Tom Gervin
Very good pick at this stage as he could have gone off the board at least 10 picks prior.

32 – Toronto – PF Ernie Miller
Great defender at pick 32 but is not even an average scorer.

There were quite a lot of trades but I will only go over the team changing ones.

Phoenix trade:
SF James Harris

Milwaukee trade:
SF Chad Clarke

Why for Phoenix:
They both play the same position but the difference is that Harris is a much better player. The only reason I can think of is that Clarke is $1.2 million cheaper which really isn’t much in the grand scheme of things.

Why for Milwaukee:
As said in the Phoenix write up, Harris is a better player and a fantastic defender. Pretty simple to trade a lesser player for a better player.

Winner – Milwaukee
They get a new sixth man who has the talents of a starter for someone that didn’t get off the pine much.

Phoenix trade:
C Marcus Regis

Indiana trade:
PG Dana Moore

Why for Phoenix:
Although they are now thin at C they were worse at PG as only Carlton Abrams could play the position properly. In comes Moore who is not as talented as Regis he gives them more flexibility than having Corey Hines at PG.

Why for Indiana:
Regis is a bit of a nothing player. Sure he is an average player but he can’t really do anything great and has a terrible attitude to boot. He slots in at SF which gives the Pacers two PGs and three Cs starting which is strange.

Winner – Phoenix
They may have got the lesser player in terms of talent but they got a better fit for the team.

Sacramento trade:
C James Blanchard

Utah trade:
PF Michael Barker

Why for Sacramento:
Blanchard is a good player apart from his defense. He just wasn’t getting a go behind DeMarcus Cousins and Jason Thompson. So it was beneficial for both parties to cut ties. Barker is a scrub but this trade does get them out of Blanchard’s 2 year, $18.8 million contract.

Why for Utah:
They still have four Cs and three PFs but now they have a starting C. Blanchard is a horrible defender but can rebound and score a little.

Winner – Sacramento
They got a scrub for a starter but the money saved is a bigger plus than picking up a player like Blanchard.

Oklahoma City trade:
SF Dion Carlisle

New York trade:
SG DeMar DeRozan

Why for Oklahoma City:
Carlisle started most games for the Thunder but was being squeezed out by the growth of Steven Clagget and the acquisition of Wilson Chandler. The Thunder decided to trade him for a proper SG and although DeRozan isn’t starting at the moment look for him to move Clagget to the bench during the season.

Why for New York:
For the Knicks the problem was the opposite. They have a few SGs but no one to back up Danilo Gallinari. Carlisle comes in to be their sixth man and gives them a player that can play three positions comfortably.

Winner – Both
Both teams get what they want out of the trade which giving up something that does not fit properly.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:00 am

Without renouncing anyone we are $23 million over the cap which will not fly with my boss but the pickings are slim for whom to let go. Kelyn Besecker and Matt Simpson are the first to go and I nearly press the button for Dirk Nowitzki and George Hill but I hold back and see if I can get them on the cheap and of course I keep a hold of Evan Turner but I’m desperate to re-sign him on the cheap to keep me from making the dreaded decision to trade someone good for cap relief.

Colin Horvath and Chris Reese are invited to the summer league circuit with a bunch of scrubs and we smash Oklahoma City in our first game 101-79. Chris Reese gives me tingles with 16 points and 23 rebounds to take home his first ever PoG while the rest of our starting five scoring in double figures as well. Oti Brown only had 13 points and 6 rebounds but the #2 pick from two years ago is looking better and better all the time.

Another team held under 80 points as we bully Dallas into a 98-79 win with Chris Reese again leading the way with 17 points and 10 rebounds. He will never be a good shot blocker and his defence is average at best but his scoring and rebounding instincts give me goosebumps. The best for the Mavs was Tahric Tahid with 15 points and 5 assists on 5/15 shooting.

Did I say that Chris Reese’s scoring and rebounding skills were good? Well he put them on show with 30 points and 21 rebounds in our 99-87 win over Seattle. Free agent pick-up Marlon Kolder chipped in with 20 points while Colin Horvath was ineffective with 4 points and 6 rebounds. Damon Alexander was about as good as Horvath with 10 points and 6 rebounds while #4 pick Sam Cooper was terrible with 2 points on 1/7 shooting. He definitely shouldn’t have been picked that high but I’m guessing the Sonics will stay with him so they don’t admit defeat.

We finally lose this summer league with a 102-89 defeat to Minnesota. Remember how I was harping on about Quincy Sneed dropping in the 2016 draft? Boy was I wrong as Sneed has shown no improvement in his game and will probably be out of it when his rookie contract is up as he had 6 points and 5 rebounds, but he did hold Chris Reese to his worst game so far with only 7 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists while Marlon Kolder stepped up with 24 points in 24 minutes.

Our last game of the summer league is a 109-95 pasting of the 76ers behind Chris Reese (22 points, 11 rebounds), Renaldo Spears (22 points) and Colin Horvath (14 points, 9 rebounds, 6 blocks). On the losing side, Sebastian Ortega is showing great strides with 22 points while Kenny Leith had 8 points and 10 rebounds.

It’s free agency time and here is the cream of the crop –

PF Blake Griffin
PF Kevin Love
PG Chris Paul
PF Reggie Young*
PF Darrell Holtz*
PF Gelnn Harris*
PF Boroda Beketov
PG Kenny Costa*
SG Alan Green
PF Mario Hayes

If a team even remotely needs a PF and has some money to burn then this is their year.

All I’m trying to do this year is to lock up my free agents and then fill out the roster with third stringers and emergency players.

Evan Tuner is offered a 6 year, $68 million contract from us which is underpaying now at $9 million a year this year but up to over $13 million on his last one when he will be 36 years old which evens out.

After a week or so Reggie Young re-signs with Cleveland for a mind melting $102.7 million over 6 years which I just can’t imagine while the first player to jump ship was All NBA First Team Darrell Holtz as he makes the Miami Heat all more dangerous by signing an offer sheet for a 5 year, $74.8 million deal.

The next day Blake Griffin re-ups with Orlando for a hundred million dollar deal over 6 years while later on Miami makes the Holtz deal official as Memphis does not call their raise.

It’s tender offer signing day with Kenny Costa, Scott Channing, Joey Kouser, Austin Phillips, Dennis Stone, Jim Seymour, Tony Chase, Bootsy Nelson, Shea Hines, Bobby Ellis and Noel Wooley all sign with their teams, just to name a few. A lot of players re-sign with their teams with Alan Green (6/71.9), Aaron Brooks (3/22.3), OJ Mayo (5/48.3), Chris Paul (3/45.2), Joe Taylor (5/53.3), Dontonio Seymour (5/55.9), Gelnn Harris (6/77.2), Adam Holley (5/40.2), John Wall (6/87), Ted Ballinger (6/67.6), Boroda Beketov (6/75.7) and Povilas Tailos (6/74.1). Phew. Pretty much the only decent player that changed teams was Eric Archibald who signed a 4 year, $39 million deal to Seattle.

Tim Murphy goes to San Antonio on a five year deal while ex-Piston Dex Floyd re-signed with Cleveland for a 5 year, $47 million contract.

OK I usually don’t go on about re-signings but there has been so many big names going back to their teams it’s just too much to pass up. So here we go again –

Jules Riley – Boston – 5 years
Monta Ellis – Golden State – 5 years
Rudy Gay – Memphis – 5 years
Kevin Love – Minnesota – 6 years
Wesley Johnson – Philadelphia – 5 years
Ben Mascoe – Minnesota – 6 years
Marcus Mickens – Minnesota – 5 years

There were a few good players going to different teams with Avgustin Leonov going to Charlotte which should give Jeff Brown much more playing time, Travis Howard taking his talents to Phoenix while Justin Cabrera goes to another team, this time to Miami. Dirk Nowitzki and George Hill re-sign with us so we are just waiting for Evan Turner’s signature.

I know that it’s a hail mary and that our boss won’t like it but I offer Andrew Bogut a five year MLE while Evan Turner happily re-signs with us as I’m happy to sit put with the dream of Bogut signing with us.

Fat chance the Aussie tells me as he goes to Denver for $9 million a year for three years. Oh well, I sign Arron Afflalo and old friend Andrew Norwood to minimum contracts and at the moment we have 14 players and are $19 million and change over the cap which means I’m going to have to make a salary dump trade.

Do you remember when Dirk Nowitzki averaged 21 points a game and then signed a two year deal with us for the minimum? Well Dwayne Wade decides to go the same route and fill our last spot for a two year minimum deal. He must know how good this team should be and wants to stick it to the Toronto team that kept him from his Miami Heat dynasty he thinks he deserved. Good for us I say as he averaged over 19 points a game and was an All Star last season.

Training camp comes and goes and for the first time in a while we don’t have a player that shows huge promise as most of our core players are done growing and are now hitting their prime.

Eastern Conference Pre-Season Rankings:

1 – Detroit (woo!)
2 – Toronto
3 – Philadelphia
4 – Boston
5 – Cleveland
6 – Orlando
7 – New York
8 – Miami
Last – Nevada

New York is being undervalued again but the biggest shock is that we are picked first! It’s probably the first time in five or six years that Toronto has not been the pre-season favourite. Nevada is almost a lock for last place in the East as they are AWFUL. Let’s just hope they don’t trade away their pick again this year (and yes I don’t know why they got moved in the expansion to the East but I’m going with it).

Western Conference Pre-Season Rankings:

1 – Los Angeles
2 – Dallas
3 – Golden State
4 – Sacramento
5 – Minnesota
6 – Oklahoma City
7 – Milwaukee
8 – Denver
Last – Utah

Denver is a team to be wary of with the acquisition of Andrew Bogut and could upset a few people if their young guys step up while Golden State is probably too high at #3 but should make the playoffs.

Without further Apu, your 2018-2019 Detroit Pistons –

PG – Derrick Rose
SG – Evan Turner
SF – Kevin King
PF – Tiago Splitter
C – Chris Reese
6th – Osmo Koslewski
7th – Dwayne Wade
8th – Yao Ming
9th – Ekpe Udoh
10th – George Hill
11th – Andrew Norwood
12th – Colin Horvath
13th – Dirk Nowitzki
14th – Arron Afflalo
15th – Kobe Bryant
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:03 am

OK I’m pumped for the season ahead but I don’t want the team to get ahead of themselves, and I still need to shave just over four million to get under the $10 million owner imposed cap. Here we go...

Our first game is a shocker, losing 107-101 to Charlotte of all teams. Third year player Erik Jones schooled Kevin King with 16 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks while Avgustin Leonov validated the Bobcats with 24 points. Chris Reese was fantastic in his first ever pro game with 26 points and 9 rebounds with Tiago Splitter being moved to the bench having 14 points and 6 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 0-1

We let out our anger with a 103-89 flattening of Phoenix as Kevin King woke up for 29 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals and was backed up by Tiago Splitter’s 17 points and 12 rebounds off the bench again. Rookie Ramon Johnson was the best for the Suns with 16 points, 17 rebounds and 5 blocks but they don’t have an identity since Marlon Zinn left town and they even have Nikolos Bocharkov off the bench with perennial underachiever Mario Hayes starting at PF.

Detroit Pistons 1-1

What a crazy game! Up against the scorching Knicks we extinguish them 131-101 as we shoot 55% from the field and 38 free throws. It was Derrick Rose’s turn with 24 points and 15 assists, while Kevin King had 27 points and Evan Turner backed them up with 21 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. New York’s starters were subpar but their bench was fantastic with Clark Kimm doubled up with 10 points and 10 assists while Dion Carlisle scored 17 points.

Detroit Pistons 2-1

Another demolishing of a great Eastern team, this time we beat up Memphis 117-85. Derrick Rose only shot 9 shots but went 15/18 from the line for 21 points and Tiago Splitter was again great off the bench with 17 points after Orko fouled out. After the departure of Darrell Holtz it was Ed Davis who stepped up and won the start and had 14 points and 6 blocks.

Detroit Pistons 3-1

Honolulu are on the up and up but we knock them down a bit with a 106-84 toppling as Chris Reese had his best game of his young career with 27 points and 10 rebounds while Osmo ‘Orko’ Koslewski doubled up as well with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Rob Penders top scored for the Sharks with 15 points and 7 rebounds while star rookie Sapir Ruffin was held to only 3/12 shooting for 9 points but blocked 5 shots.

Detroit Pistons 4-1

So far the Nuggets have not lost a game (4-0) but we say well to that with a 115-89 hammering. Kevin King was all over the black with 37 points and Chris Reese backed him up with 25 points and 13 rebounds while Tiago Splitter was amazing off the bench with a stat line of 12 points, 8 rebounds and 6 blocks. Andrew Bogut again showed why he is one of the best Cs in the league with 18 points, 13 rebounds and 8 blocks and was helped by Jeremy Dixon’s 18 points in 18 minutes off the bench.

Detroit Pistons 5-1

Matt Bailey has broken his arm which gave us the edge in our 124-119 de-flowering of the lossless Lakers. Derrick Rose and Kevin King had 28 points and 27 points respectively and for Los Angeles the whole team stepped up with seven Lakers in double figures, led by LaMarcus Aldridge’s 27 points and 9 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 6-1

Coming home and wiping our feet with the Celtics put a spring in my step as we stomped all over Boston 105-84. Kevin King is finding his groove with 30 points while Chris Reese and Derrick Rose had double doubles. Alan Green was WAAAAAAAAY too overpaid but had 20 points while Chris Bosh doubled up with 21 points and 11 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 7-1

Another game, another beatdown of a team as we play all over the Sonics 113-86. Kevin King was again the top scorer with 26 points and Osmo ‘Orko’ Koslewski is fitting into his PF position with 23 points and 10 rebounds. Andre McQuay has moved to his natural SG position with 23 points but no one else came to the game.

Detroit Pistons 8-1

129-110 was the score of our win over Memphis with Derrick Rose playing the captain’s role with 24 points and 12 assists and was helped out by Chris Reese who had 18 points and 11 rebounds. The Grizzlies were headed by four players who scored 20 points or more in Rudy Gay (23 points), Claudio Carrera (20 points, 13 rebounds, 6 blocks), Marc Gasol (20 points, 12 rebounds) and OJ Mayo (20 points) who is finally playing at SG.

Detroit Pistons 9-1

We don’t get to a 10 win streak as we drop a 102-90 ball against Milwaukee. Jason Thornton had 21 points but they did it in a whole defensive team effort. Chris Reese was our best with 12 points and 21 rebounds but we shot 37% from the field and were completely shut down.

Detroit Pistons 9-2

Revenge is given to Charlotte, the team who we lost to on opening night 101-72. Osmo ‘Orko’ Koslewski was our player of the game filling in at SF as Kevin King nurses an injury with 17 points and 6 rebounds while five other Pistons were in double figures. JJ Hickson had 16 points and 10 rebounds but they shot 37% from the field as we blasted them from the get go.

Detroit Pistons 10-2

Hasheem Walker has become more than a perennial slam dunk contestant as he had 31 points and 6 blocks in Indiana’s 116-112 home win over us. Gelnn Harris was also good with 23 points and 11 rebounds while rookie Dan Besecker showed his potential with 10 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds. Chris Reese went 9/9 for 24 points and 13 rebounds while Osmo ‘Orko’ Koslewski helped out with 23 points and 10 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 10-3

I’m wondering if I did the right thing in trading for Kevin King with Orko emerging but I will stay the course for the time being.

We pummel Philadelphia 125-96 as Evan Turner shows me something for his money with 26 points while Chris Reese scores 20 points but only pulls down 3 rebounds. Chris Paul had 24 points but none of his teammates showed up, but at least Sebastian Ortega got some burn as he put up 12 shots in only 8 minutes.

Detroit Pistons 11-3

What’s this? Nevada are 9-7 and full of confidence? No it’s true as Jeff Brown is averaging 16 points a game but has been put back to PG which he sucks at. Anyway, we ream them 103-94 with Kevin King moving back into the starting line up with 12 points. Orko had 22 points while George Hill piped up with 11 points in only 8 minutes off the bench. Jeff Brown was held to 2/10 shooting for 9 points and usual PG Jermaine Carroll had 16 points off the bench.

Detroit Pistons 12-3

Grr, the Celtics steal a 109-107 win as Chris Bosh top scored with 23 points while Andrea Bargnani doubled up again Reese. Kevin King was great with 23 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists but it’s really annoying to lose to the Celtics. Colin Horvath got pissy over playing time so I sent him down to the D-League again.

Detroit Pistons 12-4

Our last game of the month is a 107-90 win over Washington as Derrick Rose was the best with 23 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds and was helped out by Orko’s 15 points and 12 rebounds. Michael Nicholson schooled Chris Reese with 25 points and 18 rebounds but was an island.

Detroit Pistons 13-4

12-4 sits us as third in the East behind Orlando at 13-2 and Toronto at 13-3. Chicago have concrete feet and are wallowing with a record of 1-13.

In the West Dallas is on to with a 6-2 record while the Lakers have played twice as many games but have the same percentage at 12-4, with Houston not far behind them. Utah has taken up residence at the bottom of the conference at 2-13.

Detroit Top Points – Kevin King (20.1), Chris Reese (16.6), Derrick Rose (16.5), Evan Turner (13.9)
Detroit Top Rebounds – Chris Reese (10.3), Osmo Koslewski (6.9), Tiago Splitter (6.3), Kevin King (4.8)
Detroit Top Assists – Derrick Rose (8.2), Evan Turner (4.2), Kevin King (4.1), Osmo Koslewski (2.7)

League Top Points – Monta Ellis GSW (26.8), Kyle Craig NOH (26.0), Lebron James DAL (25.8), Carmelo Anthony CLE (24.1)
League Top Rebounds – Joakim Noah CHI (12.6), DeJuan Blair SAS (12.0), Matt Bailey LAL (12.0), Michael Nicholson WAS (11.6)
League Top Assists – Rajon Rondo TOR (11.3), Deron Williams LAL (10.3), Chris Paul PHI (9.8), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.3)
League Top Blocks – Mike Ohnstad SDC (4.8), Derrick Favors NJN (4.3), Brian Johnson NEV (4.1), Justin Cabrera MIA (4.1)
League Top Steals – Vlasi Kazapov SDC (2.7), Chris Paul PHI (2.1), Monta Ellis GSW (2.1), Rajon Rondo TOR (2.1)
League Top Turnovers – Brandon Roy POR (4.3), Boleslav Silajdic HOU (4.1), Sam Dye DEN (3.9), Tony Chase SAS (3.9)

Rookie Top Points – Chris Reese DET (16.6), Shane Rein SAS (10.2), Germaine Hayden CHI (7.9), Travis Williams MIA (7.4)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Chris Reese DET (10.3), Ramon Johnson PHO (8.2), Germaine Hayden CHI (6.4), Elton Bass NEV (4.8)
Rookie Top Assists – Dan Besecker IND (5.8), Travis Williams MIA (2.9), Gaylon Jordan MEM (2.9), Shane Rein SAS (2.6)
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:54 am

November Awards

Player of the Month: Lebron James, Dallas Mavericks – 25.8 points, 6.1 assists, 5.8 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.4 blocks per game.

Rookie of the Month: Chris Reese, Detroit Pistons – 16.6 points, 1.5 assists, 10.3 rebounds, 0.9 steals and 0.8 blocks per game.

Great to see Chris get the RotM award and if he keeps this kind of play up he should romp in Rookie of the Year. There were a few trades including a really stupid one.

Philadelphia trade:
C Ime Livas

New Orleans trade:
SF Nick Wise

Why for Philadelphia:
Wise was a steal for the Hornets, being picked at the end of the lottery and is now starting at SG for the elite 76ers. His defensive skills may be average at best but he brings some toughness and length to the two guard that Jordan Crawford and Sebastian Ortega just don’t possess.

Why for New Orleans:
No idea. They just traded away their best SF for their fourth C. Andrew Reed must be kicking himself for signing with this team.

Winner – Philadelphia
They traded someone who they didn’t really need for a starting player. Easy.

Milwaukee trade:
2019 1st round pick

New Jersey trade:
PF Joshua Potter

Why for Milwaukee:
Potter is a great offensive player and a fantastic rebounder but his defense is atrocious and his work ethic matches. Sitting at 8-8 getting someone of Potter’s skill level is decent if uninspired.

Why for New Jersey:
The Nets are in a rut with only Brook Lopez and Derrick Favors anything to write home about so they decide to give up on the early season and cash in on they spare parts.

Winner – New Jersey
Potter is sitting at 7th man for the Bucks so getting a first rounder for a bench player is the winning team.

New Jersey trade:
PF Tengiz Davidov

San Antonio trade:
PG Ron Nelson

Why for New Jersey:
Looky here, Davidov has been traded again. You know the drill, get rid of a locker room cancer and it’s why for the team trading away.

Why for San Antonio:
Unless you trade for another cancer. Nelson could be a very good PG but can be a prima donna most nights.

Winner – Neither
They both trade a cancer and will eventually trade their player in the future.

Denver trade:
SG Terrence Williams
2019 1st round pick

Miami trade:
PG Sam Dye

Why for Denver:
The Nuggets now have three very good PGs on the team which can cause some friction, especially with the volatile Dye joining the team. This trade has made them awfully dangerous in the weak Western conference.

Why for Miami:
For all his talent Dye had only lead the Heat to a 8-10 record and he was starting to grate. Rumours spoke of late nights with questionable friends as he teamed up with Justin Cabrera for boozy ventures to the shady parts of Miami which rubbed the front office the wrong way. Williams isn’t anything special but he does slot into their starting SG position.

Winner – Miami
Getting rid of Dye will help the team with balance and not get them on the front pages of the newspapers for all the wrong reasons.

San Diego trade:
SF Gordon Haywood

Minnesota trade:
PF Michael Beasley

Why for San Diego:
The Riders have two PGs and two SGs on the team with the other 14 players being SFs, PFs or Cs. Luckily for them Beasley is a better player than Haywood so there is a point to this trade on this end.

Why for Minnesota:
They moved Ben Mascoe to SG which left a hole at the back up SF position. Unfortunately for them Michael Beasley would have been a better fit even though he isn’t a natural SF.

Winner – San Diego
Talent for talent Beasley is better and he fits a need better than Haywood does.

Miami trade:
2019 1st round pick

Milwaukee trade:
C Vandyke Bushnell

Why for Miami:
Even though they have five Cs on the team most of them are junk, while another one is Justin Cabrera. They need a bench big and when (not if) Cabrera gets traded they have a decent C to take his spot.

Why for Milwaukee:
The Bucks decided that they can get someone of Bushnell’s quality with the Heat’s pick but it’s a dangerous risk because they look better without Sam Dye.

Winner – Miami
Justin Cabrera is going to get traded eventually so getting a backup plan is better than where they would be picking in the coming draft.

Utah trade:
2019 1st round pick

Oklahoma City trade:
PF Oti Brown

Why for Utah:
You know what? I’m done with Utah. They traded their first round pick last season for Roy Michaels, which is fine. But why would they trade this season’s first round pick for a player in Michaels position which is also the position of Matt Landram, another up and coming PF. WHY? For goodness sake they have the 6’8 PF Oti Brown starting at SG.

Why for Oklahoma City:
This pick will be super high because the Jazz front office is idiots.

Winner – Oklahoma City
Urgh.

Maybe if I get sick of Detroit I can go to Utah and clean up that horrid mess.

Onto the Pistons, our first game of December is a 116-98 flogging of Minnesota with Kevin King leading the way with 27 points while Dwayne Wade had 14 points in only 13 minutes. Kevin Love was the best for the Timberwolves with 19 points but they weren’t in the game at any stage.

Detroit Pistons 14-4

Kevin King does it again with 33 points in our 106-95 win over New Orleans with Tiago Splitter taking over for the injured Chris Reese with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Andrew Reed is the star for the Hornets with 29 points while Kyle Craig is his Robin with 17 points.

Detroit Pistons 15-4

I’m starting to get sick of Andrew Bogut as he always plays super well against me as his new Nuggets beat us at home 117-99. The Aussie had 30 points, 21 rebounds and 7 blocks while Sam Dye backed him up with 24 points. Tiago Splitter tried his hardest with 13 points and 20 rebounds but Kevin King shot 7/18 for 21 points as we only shot 40% from the field.

Detroit Pistons 15-5

It’s two losses in a row as we go down 124-112 to New Jersey with Derrick Favors put up 27 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks while Willie Warren had 31 points of his own. Derrick Rose was our best with 24 points and 8 assists but we are really missing Chris Reese who will be back next game.

Detroit Pistons 15-6

I’m starting to think that signing Evan Turner was a bad idea and he has been moved to the bench as Orko has taken his SG spot. I’m going to shop him around to slash salary to get under the $15 million threshold.

Detroit trade:
SG Evan Turner
C Colin Horvath

San Antonio trade:
PF Donte Hampton
PF Yi Jianlian

Why for Detroit:
Turner was being outplayed by Osmo Koslewski and the Pistons were not going to have a $60 million man coming off the bench so they got rid of him for a PF who can rebound and play fantastic defence.

Why for San Antonio:
The Spurs need a go to scorer as their top scorer is Tony Chase at 14.7 which is not going to cut it. Even though Turner has had a down year he will come in and be their guy. Horvath is an intriguing prospect who will get the playing time to fulfil his potential.

Winner – Both
The Pistons shed salary while the Spurs get a better player. Win-win.

Usually when a team trades an integral player it takes the team a few games to get used the remainder. No way says Detroit. We won 133-94 over Honolulu as we shoot 61% from the field with some great performances –

Derrick Rose – 31 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds
Osmo Koslewski – 27 points
Kevin King – 20 points, 8 assists
Tiago Splitter – 20 points, 7 rebounds
Donte Hampton – 8 points, 9 rebounds in 20 minutes off the bench.

Sapir Ruffin was the best for the Sharks with 24 points but it was a bloodbath.

Detroit Pistons 16-6

Chris Reese fouls out in 14 minutes but it doesn’t matter as we win big again, this time 120-100 over Indiana. Donte Hampton filled in for Reese with 13 points and 8 rebounds while Kevin King scores 32 points. Dennis Stone had 25 points on 24 shots for the losers while we shoot over 50% again.

Detroit Pistons 17-6

What. A. Game. We win 132-124 in double overtime against Portland as Derrick Rose had 34 points, 10 assists and Kevin King was also in 30 points with 31. Paul George was fantastic for the Blazers with 32 points and Brandon Roy showed he still miles in his legs with 20 points and 8 assists.

Detroit Pistons 18-6

That’s four games in a row with a 120-99 win over Houston as Orko is playing fanastically at SG with 23 points, while Derrick Rose had 27 points and 7 assists. Kevin King was close to a triple double with 18 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists but he did have 7 turnovers. The Rockets had six players in double figures but our offense has been lights out recently.

Detroit Pistons 19-6

I was getting too cocky and we got punished with a 119-100 confidence stopper to Cleveland. Dex Floyd had 18 points and 12 rebounds while Sam Baron shot 9/11 for 19 points. Orko was the best for us with 24 points and Chris Reese doubled up but they shot 56% from the field to our 44% which just isn’t going to cut it.

Detroit Pistons 19-7

Wonderful, Donte Hampton had a go at Chris Reese which has made me angry. I tell him to settle down or he will go.

Detroit – 57%FG.
New York – 56%FG.

Final score – 142-125 Detroit in regulation
. Derrick Rose had 32 points, 14 assists and 6 rebounds while Kevin King was unstoppable with 34 points. Amar’e Stoudemire was the best for the Knicks with 28 points while young Latvian Yitzhak Taikos was a spark plug with 18 points in only 13 minutes.

Detroit Pistons 20-7

Orlando is 16-3 and flying high. Too bad they ran into the Piston Crush as we stomp them 123-110. Kevin King, Osmo Koslewski and Derrick Rose all scored 25 points and Tiago Splitter was fourth with 17 points and 11 rebounds as we shoot a massive 48 free throws. Marlon Zinn had 26 points and 11 assists before fouling out, as did Blake Griffin and Jeff Green. I’m so happy that I traded Blake Griffin because he may look like the bees knees but he is all style over substance.

Detroit Pistons 21-7

Great, after our 125-101 loss to Toronto Dwayne Wade was the newest player to get angry over playing time so I blasted him. Trent Bailey was stellar with 23 points and 7 assists while Reggie Williams was great off the bench with 23 points. Travis Randolph has broken his leg (again) so Tim Mozgov is back in the starting lineup. I’m not going to go through our players because if we can’t beat Toronto without Travis Randolph then we have a problem.

Detroit Pistons 21-8

Scott Channing had 28 points but was the only San Diego player in double figures in our 123-92 win with six of our players in double figures with Kevin King leading the way with 30 points and Osmo Koslewski had 17 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 22-8

Derrick Rose won player of the game in our 117-108 win over Golden State with 26 points and 11 assists and Kevin King again topped 30 points with 31. Dwayne Wade got his 21 minutes and produced with 10 points and 5 rebounds. Monta Ellis continued his great scoring pace with 26 points while Stephen Curry had a poor performance with only 14 points.

Detroit Pistons 23-8

The Warriors come to Detroit the next night and we beat them again, 103-79. Kevin King didn’t score as much (17 points) but was outstanding in other areas with 14 rebounds and 6 assists. Stephen Curry had a much better game with 30 points but Monta Ellis shot a woeful 4/21 for only 10 points.

Detroit Pistons 24-8

Kevin King shot one of the worst games I have ever seen as he shot 22 shots, and hit 2 of them. That equates to a 101-92 loss to Portland as Brandon Roy won player of the game with 20 points and 11 assists but when our top scorer goes 2/22 then we don’t have a snowflakes chance in hell.

Detroit Pistons 24-9

We finish 2018 with a 99-78 win over Cleveland as Kevin King got his eye back in with 27 points while Derrick Rose was close to a triple double with 17 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds. Matt Davis went 4/17 for 17 points and Sam Baron fouled out in 15 minutes.

Detroit Pistons 25-9

At the end of 2018 we are sitting in second place in the East behind Toronto who are 27-3. And you know what? I’m not happy with that. I thought taking Kevin King away from the Raptors would slow them down but I’m not sure what else I can do. Maybe the Lakers will listen to a Matt Bailey offer. Chicago are 4-26 and in last place.

Speaking of the Lakers, they are 23-8 and are in first place in the West with Oklahoma City and Denver close behind. First round pick-less Utah are a terrible 3-28 and are 0-15 on the road. Sucks for Salt Lake City residents.

Detroit Top Points – Kevin King (21.9), Derrick Rose (19.5), Osmo Koslewski (15.6), Tiago Splitter (12.7)
Detroit Top Rebounds – Chris Reese (9.2), Tiago Splitter (7.1), Donte Hampton (6.5), Osmo Koslewski (6.0)
Detroit Top Assists – Derrick Rose (8.8), Kevin King (4.5), Osmo Koslewski (2.7), Andrew Norwood (1.7)

League Top Points – Monta Ellis GSW (26.6), Lebron James DAL (23.1), Marlon Zinn ORL (22.8), John Wall WAS (22.5)
League Top Rebounds – Andrew Bogut DEN (11.5), Joakim Noah CHI (11.5), Michael Nicholson WAS (11.1), Dwight Howard TOR (11.1)
League Top Assists – Rajon Rondo TOR (11.7), Chris Paul PHI (10.4), Deron Williams LAL (9.8), Russell Westbrook OKC (9.4)
League Top Blocks – Justin Cabrera MIA (4.4), Mike Ohnstad SDR (4.4), Derrick Favors NJN (4.2), Travis Randolph TOR (4.0)
League Top Steals – Vlasi Kazapov SDR (2.5), Kyle Wallace SDR (2.3), Monta Ellis GSW (2.2), Sam Dye DEN (2.2)
League Top Turnovers – Boleslav Silajdic HOU (4.6), Russell Westbrook OKC (4.2), Vlasi Kazapov SDR (4.1), Jonny Flynn CHI (4.0)

Rookie Top Points – Chris Reese DET (12.4), Shane Rein SAS (9.7), Travis Williams MIA (7.8), Germaine Hayden CHI (7.5)
Rookie Top Rebounds – Chris Reese DET (9.2), Ramon Johnson PHO (8.5), Germaine Hayden CHI (6.2), Julius Meeking HOU (4.3)
Rookie Top Assists – Dan Besecker IND (4.8), Travis Williams MIA (3.1), Jerry Owens MIN (2.1), Rickie Seegars HON (2.0)

First round of draft prospects –

1 – SF Joe Hite (Arizona State) Sophomore
The first time a SF has been on the top of the charts since Kevin King (probably). He is 6’10 and is a great scorer. Not the best pure shooter but can get to the rack at will.

2 – PG Mark Borman (Oregon) Sophomore
At 6’4 he has the height for a PG but weighing at 158lbs will get most people nowhere. The only way he will be a quality NBA player is if he puts on weight. He has the skills but his body isn’t there yet.

3 – PF Steven Dukes (Bethune Cookman) Sophomore
Where is Bethune Cookman? That is probably the biggest compliment Dukes can get because if it wasn’t for the PF then no-one would know where this place is.

4 – SF Ketevan Abashidze (Estonia) 19 years old
At only 19 years old he already has a NBA ready body while having a shooting stroke that could bring back the dead. He could be another Osmo Koslewski if he keeps up his potential curve.

5 – SF Tommy Hassell (Houston) Freshman
Probably the rawest player in the whole draft that really needs to show more than a few flashes to continue being this high on the board.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 am

December awards

Player of the Month: Monta Ellis, Golden State Warriors – 26.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 2.4 steals and 0.1 blocks per game.

Rookie of the Month: Ramon Johnson, Phoenix Suns – 6.3 points, 9.0 rebounds,0.8 assists, 0.5 steals and 4.1 blocks per game. On the 27th Johnson recorded his first triple double with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocks against Dallas.

December trades

Indiana trade:
2019 1st round pick

Houston trade:
SF Craig Smith

Why for Indiana:
Hasheem Walker has been great lately but he is injured and will be out for a while so they decided to get some SF depth in Smith. Too bad Smith isn’t worth a first rounder.

Why for Houston:
In his three years in the NBA Smith has averaged just under eight minutes a game and trading him for a first round pick from a team that is 8-22 is robbery.

Winner – Houston
Craig Smith is not worth a first round pick, let alone one that looks like it will be a high lottery one.

Memphis trade:
PF Tyron Younger

Los Angeles trade:
SG Lloyd Grundman

Why for Memphis:
It looks like the Grizzlies are trying to right their PF glut but have gone too far. Grundman is a good player but Memphis now has four PGs and four SGs on the team. He is in 9th spot on the depth chart and for someone of his talent he should be higher.

Why for Los Angeles:
Younger is slotted in at the Lakers’ 11th man and will probably not get much playing time.

Winner – Neither
Not much of a trade as both teams are dealing for the sake of dealing it looks like.

Houston trade:
SG Chris Norvell

Oklahoma City trade:
SG DeMar DeRozan

Why for Houston:
Chris Norvell is a distraction to teams and he had worn out his welcome so moving him for a similar player with a better attitude is a good deal.

Why for Oklahoma City:
The Thunder now has great SG depth with Marcus Thornton, Clay Watkins and Chris Norvell but Norvell is at 11th man which will cause problems sooner than later.

Winner – Houston
Getting rid of Norvell is a win even if they get a player that is inferior talent wise to him.

Our first game for January is a shocking 109-96 loss to Nevada as Jeff Brown nabbed player of the game with 21 points and 6 assists and Nene helped him with 18 points and 6 rebounds. Chris Reese went 0/9 from the field for 6 points and 16 rebounds while Derrick Rose tried his best with 18 points and 12 assists.

Detroit Pistons 25-10

I’m not happy with this team at the moment but I can’t trade the guys I have signed in the off season. I offer EVERYTHING to LA for Matt Bailey but they don’t budge. I don’t like Orko at SG so I go shopping for an elite SG. I find a deal that could make us or break us.

Detroit trade:
SF Osmo Koslewski
PG Derrick Rose

Sacramento trade:
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Nick Babul

Why for Detroit:
Even though they had the talent to play with the big guns their balance was off with 6’10 Koslewski playing at SG and getting beaten by smaller, quicker guards. Evans was All NBA and All Defense second teams and has the size to battle with other SGs but can stay with them on defense. Babul is only 23 years old but has the making of an All Star PG and shoots over 50% from the field.

Why for Sacramento:
Rose is a better PG than Babul but comes at over 20 times the price and Orko slots into the starting SF position so he can grow into the player most people saw he could when he was drafted at #4 a few years ago.

Winner – Sacramento
They may have taken on more salary they do get the better players in the deal which should put them close to the top of the Western conference.

I really like this deal as we get another top flight scorer but it does mean that I need to trade someone to slash some payroll but no-one important. I call around and find a minor deal by sending Yi Jianlian to Charlotte for a future second round pick. Easy.

In the Kings first game since the trade Orko had 25 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks in their loss to Toronto. Rose shot badly for 17 points in the loss.

And our first game was a 104-75 demolition of Dallas without Lebron James. Kevin King put up 20 points while Tyreke Evans had 15 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists with Nick Babul slowing fitting into the team with 11 points. Yao Ming was unstoppable off the bench with 13 points in only 8 minutes. The Mavs had Rashid Shiran and Andrew Bynum with 12 points as they were the only players in double figures for the team.

Detroit Pistons 26-10

The next game will show how good we are as the Kings come to Detroit and we pummel them 115-93. Kevin King had 34 points and kept Orko to only 17 minutes due to fouls and Derrick Rose shot awfully (8/22) for 20 points. Tyreke Evans was outstanding with 22 points and Nick Babul continues his integration with 15 points and 9 assists.

Detroit Pistons 27-10

We lose our first game since the trade with a game that was not as close as the score suggests as we go down 106-94 to Milwaukee. Joey Kouser had a great game with 12 points and 17 rebounds as we lost every statistical category as Nick Babul had a game to forget with 10 points and 7 turnovers.

Detroit Pistons 27-11

Another loss, this time to New York 124-101 as four Knick players had 20 points or more, led by Varlam Bebutov who had 29 points. Kevin King was the best for us with 34 points but the Knicks wiped the floor with us.

Detroit Pistons 27-12

Three losses in a row as New Jersey came to Detroit and beat us at home 111-105 as Ron Nelson top scored with 20 points and five other Nets in double figures. Tiago Splitter has a concussion so Donte Hampton filled in at PF and fouled out in 23 minutes while Kevin King had 24 points.

Detroit Pistons 27-13

A 114-86 streak breaker over the woeful Bulls hasn’t stopped the butterflies in my stomach but it helps a little. Kevin King was his usual best with 30 points while Chris Reese snapped out of his funk with 23 points and 15 rebounds. Nick Babul had his first double double with 16 points and 10 assists but we need that every night. Jonny Flynn top scored for the Bulls with 18 points but they are well and truly looking to next season.

Detroit Pistons 28-13

103-93 is the score of our win over Boston as Kevin King was everywhere with 22 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals to lead the way. Chris Bosh had 19 points and 14 rebounds but they only shot 40% from the field which is not a good sign.

Detroit Pistons 29-13

That is funny. Before our 110-98 win over Toronto Travis Randolph tore his ACL and will be out for nearly a year. Dwight Howard filled in for him admirably with 18 points and 16 rebounds but he is a big part of the team gone. Nick Babul was superb with 26 points and 14 assists while Kevin King and Tyreke Evans were on the receiving end of those dishes with 32 points and 23 points respectively.

Detroit Pistons 30-13

In a game we were never going to lose we beat the 4-35 Jazz 109-96. Tyreke Evans runs rings around SG Oti Brown for 33 points while our other starting five players were over 12 points. James Harden had 20 points for the losers but turned the ball over 7 times while Roy Michaels had 19 points and is looking very frustrated.

Detroit Pistons 31-13

Great, our best bench guard, Dwayne Wade breaks his hand in our 122-111 loss to Nevada. I’m starting to feel like the Neon are going to be one of my fiercest rivals after the Travis Randolph and Jeff Brown trades. Speaking of Brown, he had 16 points as he has been moved back to his natural SG position. Nick Babul was great with 25 points and 7 assists but he needs to work on lowering his foul count as he fouled out again.

Detroit Pistons 31-14

The doctor told me Wade will be out for at least two months and probably more.

We take out our revenge with a 47 point first quarter on our way to a 109-100 win over Washington. Tiago Splitter led the way with 20 points and 13 rebounds while Tyreke Evans had 22 points. Chris Reese was neutralised as he played all of 17 minutes and did not score a point. The guy who did that to him, Michael Nicholson had 20 points and 12 rebounds while John Wall took 20 shots to get 20 points.

Detroit Pistons 32-14

This is the type of game I had imagined when I traded for Evans as he had 23 points and Kevin King scored 28 points in our 117-106 win over Miami. Darrell Holtz had 22 points, 7 rebounds and 7 blocks but we shot 47 free throws to their 21.

Detroit Pistons 33-14

Tyreke Evans scores 31 points and Tiago Splitter adds 23 points in our 117-103 win over San Diego. Scott Channing is getting better and better and tonight was no difference as he had 19 points and 12 rebounds while Kyle Wallace and Vlazi Kazapov both scored 22 points with Kazapov adding 13 assists.

Detroit Pistons 34-14

We pass a huge test with flying colours in our 98-88 snuffing of Philadelphia. Nick Babul tore shreds off Chris Paul with 35 points while Kevin King made up for his 6 points with 7 assists. Boroda Beketov had 16 points and a massive 20 rebounds but when Chris Paul his held to 8 points and 3 assists then they are in trouble.

Detroit Pistons 35-14

That’s five wins in a row with a 117-91 squashing of Memphis. Kevin King was amazing with 38 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists while Nick Babul had 16 points and 7 assists. OJ Mayo was the best for the Grizzlies with 24 points but we outscored them 34-18 in the final term.

Detroit Pistons 36-14

Our last game of the month is a 101-81 win over Charlotte with Chris Reese having 15 points and 12 rebounds while everyone but Dirk Nowitzki and George Hill scoring four points or more. JJ Hickson had 20 points for the Cats but they shot a paltry 35% from the field.

At 36-14 we are still in second place and have opened up a 3 game lead over Orlando and Philadelphia. Toronto is on top of course with a 43-6 record. Chicago is last at 6-42 and will be there for the rest of the season if all goes to script.

In the West the Lakers are still in first place at 32-9 with Denver, Milwaukee, Portland and Oklahoma City all in the running for the second seed. Utah are last of course as the team should be moved into the D-League as they are that bad.

Detroit Top Points
Kevin King – 22.7
Tyreke Evans – 21.1
Nick Babul – 18.0

Detroit Top Rebounds
Chris Reese – 9.0
Tiago Splitter – 7.3
Donte Hampton – 6.2

Detroit Top Assists
Nick Babul – 7.2
Kevin King – 4.4
Tyreke Evans – 4.0

League Top Points
Monta Ellis (GSW) – 25.7
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 23.4
Lebron James (DAL) – 23.1

League Top Rebounds
Matt Bailey (LAL) – 11.7
Dwight Howard (TOR) – 11.4
Andrew Bogut (DEN) – 11.1

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (TOR) – 11.2
Chris Paul (PHI) – 10.4
Deron Williams (LAL) – 10.0

League Top Blocks
Justin Cabrera (MIA) – 4.3
Mike Ohnstad (SDR) – 4.2
Derrick Favors (NJN) – 4.1

League Top Steals
Sam Dye (DEN) – 2.5
Vlasi Kazapov (SDR) – 2.2
Ron Nelson (NJN) – 2.2

Rookie Top Points
Chris Reese (DET) – 11.9
Shane Rein (SAS) - 9.0
Travis Williams (MIA) – 7.5

Rookie Top Rebounds
Chris Reese (DET) – 9.0
Ramon Johnson (PHO) – 8.2
Ernie Miller (TOR) – 5.0

Rookie Top Assists
Dan Besecker (IND) – 4.8
Travis Williams (MIA) – 3.4
Rickie Seegars (HON) – 2.6

Second round of draft prospects (previous round in brackets) –

1 (1) – SF Joe Hite (Arizona State) Sophomore
Still going strong as he is now commanding double and triple teams from his opponents.

2 (NR) – SG Schea Cooper (Ohio) Freshman
He is only 6’2 but has the ability to post triple doubles at will. Sure he isn’t there yet at only 18 years old but he has the skill set to take games over in all categories.

3 (NR) – PG Gorazd Spaho (Bosnia) 18 years old
He is 6’2 and only 158lbs but he plays so much bigger in his Bosnian league. Averaging 23 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 steals a game is amazing for such a young age.

4 (NR) – C Joe Price (Florida State) Junior
One of the biggest players in recent memory, Price is a gargantuan 7’3 and 300lbs and has great, soft hands for his size. He will probably never be a big time scorer but his rebounding, blocking and even passing skills should be above average.

5 (3) – PF Steven Dukes (Bethune Cookman) Sophomore
Has dropped because of Bethune Cookman’s weak schedule but still looks to be the best PF in the upcoming draft.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:06 am

January Awards

Player of the Month: Matt Bailey, Los Angeles Lakers – 24.0 points, 13.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 0.8 steals and 3.2 blocks per game.

Rookie of the Month: Chris Reese, Detroit Pistons – 10.9 points, 8.7 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 0.8 steals and 0.5 blocks per game.

January Trades

Honolulu trade:
2019 1st round pick

Dallas trade:
PF Carlos Gearhart

Why for Honolulu:
Gearhart is a nothing player as he is average at scoring, average at rebounding and at defense. Too bad the Sharks are sitting third last in the whole league and Gearhart won’t do anything to stop that.

Why for Dallas:
In his four years in the pros, Gearhart has averaged 9.4 minutes a game so getting a very high lottery pick for him is a steal.

Winner – Dallas
Robbery, plain and simple.

New Orleans trade:
2019 1st round pick

Philadelphia trade:
SG Sebastian Ortega

Why for New Orleans:
The Hornets are sitting at 14-31 but getting someone with the talent and potential of Ortega is a wash. With the Argentine combining with Kyle Craig New Orleans have a very good young backcourt to work around.

Why for Philadelphia:
Luol Deng, Nick Wise, Jordan Crawford and Joe Johnson were all above Ortega in the depth chart so shipping him off will sting now but the high lottery pick should dull the pain.

Winner – Both
The outcome won’t be known until the lottery comes around and the pick gets a spot.

Washington trade:
2019 1st round pick

Boston trade:
SG David Babcock

Why for Washington:
I don’t know. There are loads of players of Babcock’s ability floating around free agency so why did they trade a 18-25 first rounder for him when they could have signed someone like Ben Gordon?

Why for Boston:
Babcock wasn’t getting any playing time behind Alan Green and won’t grow into someone who would be vying for a starting spot so getting a first round pick that is currently in the lottery is good.

Winner – Boston
Similar to the Honolulu/Dallas but not as harsh.

Charlotte trade:
2019 1st round pick

Philadelphia trade:
PF Paul McClain

Why for Charlotte:
McClain has the potential to be a great rebounding, garbage player that all teams need on their roster but he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. He slots into the Bobcats’ first big man off the bench.

Why for Philadelphia:
The 76ers have a knack for trading players that aren’t performing for lottery picks, and then trading those lottery players for future lottery picks. One day they will hold onto a player and let him grow but seeing as Chris Paul is 33 years old they need players to produce straight away.

Winner – Philadelphia
The pick will produce a better player than McClain, but will the Sixer keep that player long enough to see results?

New Orleans trade:
SG Kyle Craig

San Antonio trade:
SF BJ Hope

Why for New Orleans:
BJ Hope is a fantastic glue guy – he can do everything adequately and is a great guy to boot, but trading away their All NBA Third teamer for him is a definite no-no.

Why for San Antonio:
Did we mention that Craig is a third team All NBA player? That’s all someone needs to know about why the Spurs pulled this deal. Unfortunately Craig has been placed at PG where his horrid passing and ball handling skills will really put the pressure on him.

Winner – San Antonio
I would say that it’s another robbery but having Craig at PG is just plain stupid.

A lot of lop-sided trades this month but it is not going to suck me in to make a trade as I want to see how this team gels together.

Nick Babul did his best Derrick Rose impression with 20 points and only 4 assists in our 110-102 away win over Oklahoma City. Andrew Norwood picked up the assist slack with 8 points and 6 assists off the bench as our second unit really rose to the occasion. Kevin Durant was a lone hand with 29 points for the Thunder.

Detroit Pistons 38-14

Another loss to Boston as we can’t shake that monkey in their 116-103 win behind Tony Rein who had 30 points and 8 assists. Kevin King had 28 points on our side as we out shoot them 45% to 41% but they take 21 more free throws than us.

Detroit Pistons 38-15

We go into Toronto hoping to stay competitive, and we do more than that with a 124-117 overtime win as Chris Reese toys with Tim Mozgov for 24 points, 25 rebounds and 5 blocks while his frontcourt partner Tiago Splitter had 27 points and 10 rebounds. Dwight Howard broke his wrist and will be out for a month and half to go with Travis Randolph’s torn ACL which meant that 35 year old Danny Granger had to play PF. Tim Mozgov was the best for the Raptors with 18 points, 11 rebounds and 7 blocks but he took 22 shots to get those points.

Detroit Pistons 39-15

105-89 is the score of our win over Miami with Tiago Splitter and Darrell Holtz going head to head with our Brazilian taking the honours. Splitter had 29 points and 12 rebounds while Holtz countered with 26 points and 4 blocks.

Detroit Pistons 40-15

George Hill is the unlikely hero with 12 quick points off the bench in our 114-105 overtime win over New Orleans that was much too close than it should have been. Kevin King had 22 points while Nick Babul helped him with 20 points and 8 assists. New recruit Sebastian Ortega had a quick fire 13 points in 21 minutes before fouling out.

Detroit Pistons 41-15

It’s a big win over Miami as we were up by as many as 47 points in our 126-81 demolition. Kevin King top scored with 31 points while everyone on the team scored at least three points. For some reason 6’11 C Vandyke Bushnell started at SG and was beaten by Tyreke Evans. Strange, strange depth charts in the league these days.

Detroit Pistons 42-15

Our last game until the All Star weekend is a 102-75 win over Indiana with Kevin King scoring 29 points and Nick Babul backing him up with 28 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. For Indiana, Roy Hibbert had his way with Chris Reese with 16 points and 18 rebounds but it wasn’t enough as Gelnn Harris went 0/11 from the field.

Detroit Pistons 43-15

It’s the All Star weekend with the skills challenges first as Dwayne McDade (HOU) winning the Slam Dunk Contest, beating out Indiana’s Craig Smith in the final while Jarret Griffin from New Orleans beat Mo Williams (DAL) by a single point in the Long Distance Shootout.

The Rookies cause the upset by downing the Sophomores 125-103 behind our Chris Reese who stole the show with 36 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assists. Sam Baron was the best for the second years with 25 points and 8 assists.

Both Derrick Rose and Osmo Koslewski were selected for the Western Conference as they got up over the East 130-109 as Sam Dye was named All Star MVP with 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. Greg Oden was close to a triple double with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 8 blocks. We had two selections in Kevin King (22 points) and Tyreke Evans (7 points), both starters.

Orlando had three players selected in Nikola Pekovic, Marlon Zinn and Blake Griffin as did Sacramento with DeMarcus Cousins joining the ex-Pistons.

First time selections – Dennis Stone (Indiana), Kyle Craig (San Antonio), Jarrett Omara (Denver) and Osmo Koslewski (Sacramento).

Eastern Conference starters:
PG – Chris Paul, Philadelphia 76ers
SG – Tyreke Evans, Detroit Pistons
SF – Kevin King, Detroit Pistons
PF – Derrick Favors, New Jersey Nets
C – Nikola Pekovic, Orlando Magic

Western Conference starters:
PG – Sam Dye, Denver Nuggets
SG – Brandon Roy, Portland Trailblazers
SF – Lebron James, Dallas Mavericks
PF – LaMarcus Aldridge, Los Angeles Lakers
C – Greg Oden, Portland Trailblazers.

We pound Oklahoma City in our first game back 110-84 as Nick Babul has a massive game with 22 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists and 5 steals to send a message to Russell Westbrook. Marcus Thornton was the top scorer for the Thunder with 18 points as Kevin Durant didn’t suit up with an injury.

Detroit Pistons 44-15

Another win, this time a 111-82 quieting of Dallas behind Chris Reese’s 22 points and 11 rebounds with Nick Babul putting up 17 points, 10 assists and 5 steals. Lebron James was held to only 14 points on 5/17 shooting which shows just how good Tyreke Evans’ defense has come since he first came into the league.

Detroit Pistons 45-15

That’s eight wins in a row as we smoosh the Hornets 115-99 with Tyreke Evans doing the damage with 30 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists, with Chris Reese was a dominant force in the middle with 20 points and 7 rebounds. Andrew Reed is an all out offensive player and he had 17 points and 8 rebounds but his defense is lacking which will keep him from becoming one of the truly elite power forwards in the league.

Detroit Pistons 46-15

We finish off the month with a 121-102 sweeping of San Antonio with four Pistons doing most of the damage with Tyreke Evans having 31 points, Nick Babul putting up 25 points, Kevin King scoring 23 points and George Hill playing 9 minutes and scoring 18 points on 6/7 shooting and 4/4 three pointers. DeJuan Blair had 20 points and Kyle Craig giving out 6 assists and turning the ball over 6 times as Evan Turner broke his hand a few months ago and is not quite ready for NBA gametime.

Detroit Pistons 47-15

At the end of February we are still in second place, seven games behind Toronto who are on top at 52-8. Philadelphia are third with Orlando and New York breathing down their necks. Chicago are still last at 7-51 and will be hoping to win three more games to get to double figures.

Another team hoping to win more games in Utah who are 8-49 and are hoping not to be the first team in history to win less than 10 games in two consecutive seasons. Denver has wrestled the conference lead away from the Lakers at 38-17 but LA are right behind them at 40-19.

Detroit Top Points
Kevin King – 22.3
Tyreke Evans – 21.0
Nick Babul – 18.0

Detroit Top Rebounds
Chris Reese – 9.2
Tiago Splitter – 7.3
Donte Hampton – 6.2

Detroit Top Assists
Nick Babul – 7.0
Kevin King – 4.3
Tyreke Evans – 4.0

League Top Points
Monta Ellis (GSW) – 24.3
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 23.5
Lebron James (DAL) – 22.9

League Top Rebounds
Matt Bailey (LAL) – 11.7
Dwight Howard (TOR) – 11.4
Greg Oden (POR) – 11.2

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (TOR) – 11.3
Chris Paul (PHI) – 10.6
Russell Westbrook (OKC) – 10.0

League Top Blocks
Justin Cabrera (MIA) – 4.3
Mike Ohnstad (SDR) – 4.3
Travis Randolph (TOR) – 3.8

League Top Steals
Sam Dye (DEN) – 2.6
Monta Ellis (GSW) – 2.2
Vlasi Kazapov (SDR) – 2.1

Rookie Top Points
Chris Reese (DET) – 11.7
Shane Rein (SAS) – 8.1
Dan Besecker (IND) – 7.7

Rookie Top Rebounds
Chris Reese (DET) – 9.2
Ramon Johnson (PHO) – 8.0
Julius Meeking (HOU) – 5.0

Rookie Top Assists
Dan Besecker (IND) – 4.6
Travis Williams (MIA) – 3.3
Shane Rein (SAS) – 2.5

Third round of draft prospects (previous round in brackets) –

1 (NR) – PG Mark Borman (Oregon) Sophomore
His scoring numbers have hone up and he has shown a defensive flair which has wowed scouts.

2 (1) – SF Joe Hite (Arizona State) Sophomore
Slips to second because Borman’s rise in statistics and play. He may be a great athlete but his mind is still growing so he does make bonehead plays every now and again.

3 (NR) – SF Ketevan Abashidze (Estonia) 19 years old
He has shown a quick first step but has added parts of a post game which has asked the question – can he be a stretch four like Dirk Nowitzki or Chris Bosh?

4 (5) – PF Steven Dukes (Bethune Cookman) Sophomore
The next best PF in this draft David Christian who is at #14 on the big board so Dukes shouldn’t worry about being left in the green room for another PF.

5 (3) – PG Gorazd Spaho (Bosnia) 18 years old
His numbers have cooled but you can’t blame him for falling from his meteoric rise but his size is still a problem.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 am

February Awards

Player of the Month: Evan Turner, San Antonio Spurs – 1 game, 31 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and 0 block before breaking his hand.

Rookie of the Month: Chris Reese, Detroit Pistons – 10.7 points, 9.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.6 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.

February Trades

New York trade:
SF Dion Carlisle

Houston trade:
SG DeMar DeRozan

Why for New York:
The Knicks needed some wing depth that could guard both SG and SF positions well. Although Carlisle can be a SG in certain situations, DeRozan is much more suited to the two guard and can score in bunches.

Why for Houston:
Estell Phillips has come along in leaps and bounds which meant that DeRozan was expendable and Carlisle makes a great 7th man who can bring toughness to the SF spot.

Winner – New York
They traded him away once and the Knicks had seller’s remorse so getting him back for equal value is better than Houston’s side.

Milwaukee trade:
PG Jeremy Dumic

Honolulu trade:
SF Bryan Dickerson

Why for Milwaukee:
They traded away their only bench PG for their fourth SF. To make matters worse Dumic is a better player than Dickerson.

Why for Honolulu:
The Sharks now have a great young PG rotation with Adam Holley, rookie Rickie Seegars and now Jeremy Dumic but their SF stocks are now woefully inadequate.

Winner – Honolulu
They get the superior player while the Bucks don’t get any better.

Portland trade:
C Chris Kaman
2019 1st round pick

Indiana trade:
C Chris Walker

Why for Portland:
Walker is a magnificent rebounder but his other skills are lacking. He is still only 26 years old so maybe he can get better.

Why for Indiana:
Kaman is a shell of his former self but still can help out a team. The pick should be in the 20s but at least it’s something.

In a track meet, we outrun the Cavs 128-117 which was interesting because both teams shot under 50%. Tyreke Evans scored 33 points while Kevin King had a great game with 24 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists. Reggie Young was the best for Cleveland with 20 points and 11 rebounds while Chris Reese and Dex Floyd played out a stalemate as Reese played 20 minutes and Floyd all of 15 minutes before both players fouled out.

Detroit Pistons 48-15

After our 100-86 loss to New Jersey Ekpe Udoh blasts Mike Woodson over playing time which I can see because he was given that huge contract and then shunted to the bench. It was Derrick Favors and Brook Lopez who beat us again as they combined for 44 points, 23 rebounds and 8 blocks. Tiago Splitter tried hard with 23 points and 10 rebounds but the rest of the team did squat.

Detroit Pistons 48-16

We get revenge by sneaking past Los Angeles 110-106. Tyreke Evans had 29 points and 10 rebounds with Nick Babul assisting him with 26 points. Matt Bailey is back from injury and showed his skill with 20 points and 15 rebounds with LaMarcus Aldridge picking up 29 points and 10 rebounds.

Detroit Pistons 49-16

It was Tyreke Evans again who took over the game as we demolish the terrible Bulls 117-80. Evans had 22 points and 9 rebounds while Chris Reese neutralised Joakim Noah with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Chicago is really bad this year and are crossing all their fingers for the number one pick.

Detroit Pistons 50-16

Chicago stayed the night as we played them again as we win again 118-77 as we got up by as many as 47 points. Tyreke Evans is taking over the team, this time with 25 points and 10 rebounds. The Bulls shot 34% from the field and were outmatched from the get go.

Detroit Pistons 51-16

Kevin King says “Tyreke who?” with 35 points and 6 steals in our 118-103 win over Philadelphia. Tyreke Eavns had 27 points, while Nick Babul outplayed Chris Paul with 24 points and 9 assists to Paul’s 16 points and 6 assists.

Detroit Pistons 52-16

The next night we get up 96-72 in an away win over Washington. John Wall was injured so Nick Babul went nuts with 20 points and 10 assists. Chris Reese got revenge on Michael Nicholson with 22 rebounds. There were only two Wizard players in double figures as Marlon Kolder was the highest with 13 points and 6 turnovers.

Detroit Pistons 53-16

Another game against Chicago and it is the same result – Detroit 95-72. Tiago Splitter was the best on court with 18 points and 9 rebounds but it was a team effort as the Bulls shot 34% from the field.

Detroit Pistons 54-16

We have Toronto’s measure so far as we beat them 126-115 in Toronto behind their old hero. I’m talking about Kevin King who had 28 points but he was helped by Chris Reese’s 22 points and 10 rebounds and Tyreke Evans’ 26 points. Reggie Williams was the top scorer for the Raptors with 24 points but they are really missing Travis Randolph who still has over 10 months to go until he should be right to play.

Detroit Pistons 55-16

That’s eight wins in a row as we beat Minnesota 112-97 behind Nick Babul’s 24 points and 8 assists. The Timberwolves had six players in double figures but they shot 40% from the field to our 47%.

Detroit Pistons 56-16

I need to stop saying how many games we have won in a row because we always lose the next game, this time going down to Cleveland 132-128 in overtime. Carmelo Anthony was excellent with 38 points while Sam Baron took Nick Babul to town with 28 points and 11 assists. Tiago Splitter was our best with 32 points and 10 rebounds while George Hill took over from the foul troubled Nick Babul with 9 points and 11 assists.

Detroit Pistons 56-17

Osmo Koslewski and Derrick Rose took care of business in our 108-90 loss to Sacramento with Orko having 20 points and 10 rebounds while Rose was great with 20 points also. Kevin King was a lone hand with 28 points but the rest of the team didn’t care to show up.

Detroit Pistons 56-18

Argh, that’s three losses in a row as we go down 93-91 to Orlando to give them their 50 win on the season. Marlon Zinn is truly an elite player and showed it with 29 points and 8 assists while ex-Raptor Kenneth Thornton was great off the bench with 10 points, 16 rebounds and 7 blocks. Chris Reese matched him with 15 points and 16 rebounds but that’s another game we lost it down the stretch.

Detroit Pistons 56-19

We break our losing streak with a 117-101 win over Houston on the back of a 28-13 fourth quarter burst. Tyreke Evans was tops with 31 points with his backcourt partner Nick Babul backing him up with 24 points and 10 assists. For the losers, Boleslav Silajdic was their best with 14 points, 8 assists and 6 turnovers.

Detroit Pistons 57-19

At the end of March we haven’t budged from the second seed with Toronto still on top at 62-12 as Orlando is three games behind us. Chicago hasn’t cracked double digits yet, sitting at 9-65.

In the West, the Nuggets are on top at 50-20 with the Lakers only one game behind. Utah has made it to double figures, just, with a record of 10-61.

Detroit Top Points
Kevin King – 21.9
Tyreke Evans – 21.3
Nick Babul – 17.9

Detroit Top Rebounds
Chris Reese – 9.4
Tiago Splitter – 7.1
Donte Hampton – 6.1

Detroit Top Assists
Nick Babul – 7.0
Kevin King – 4.2
Tyreke Evans – 4.0

League Top Points
Matt Bailey (LAL) – 24.4
Monta Ellis (GSW) – 23.9
Lebron James (DAL) – 23.5

League Top Rebounds
Matt Bailey (LAL) – 12.1
Joakim Noah (CHI) – 11.2
Dwight Howard (TOR) – 11.2

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (TOR) – 11.0
Chris Paul (PHI) – 10.4
Russell Westbrook (OKC) – 10.0

League Top Blocks
Justin Cabrera (MIA) – 4.5
Mike Ohnstad (SDR) – 4.2
Travis Randolph (TOR) – 3.8

League Top Steals
Sam Dye (DEN) – 2.6
Ron Nelson (NJN) – 2.3
Lawrence McSwain (DEN) – 2.2

Rookie Top Points
Chris Reese (DET) – 11.4
Dan Besecker (IND) – 7.5
Shane Rein (SAS) – 7.2

Rookie Top Rebounds
Chris Reese (DET) – 9.4
Ramon Johnson (PHO) – 9.0
Julius Meeking (HOU) – 4.4

Rookie Top Assists
Dan Besecker (IND) – 4.6
Travis Williams (MIA) – 3.4
Rickie Seegars (HON) – 2.7

Fourth and last round of draft prospects (previous round in brackets) –

1 (NR) – C Joe Price (Florida State) Junior
He is one of the best rebounders that has come out of college in a long time and he has great hands so match him with a good PG and look out.

2 (NR) – SG Schea Cooper (Ohio) Freshman
This draft is very hard to pick with the rankings going up and down every month. Cooper is up to 19/8/5 as a freshman and has oodles of potential.

3 (3) – SF Ketevan Abashidze (Estonia) 19 years old
His numbers remain at their lofty heights at 26 points, 5 assists, 11 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game which should keep him at least in the top five.

4 (NR) – SF Delawn Pederson (Texas) Senior
Pederson’s class and polish has really come to the front as he is averaging 28 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists, 2.5 blocks and 2.5 steals a game for the elite Longhorns.

5 (2) – SF Joe Hite (Arizona State) Sophomore
Is being exposed for his terrible defense and suspect shooting decision. He should go up the ranks when the combine comes around.
zike_42
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports