You're Moving Us To Toronto?!!

Postby zike_42 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:52 am

Phiter wrote:I'm really liking this dynasty. Even if I'm a bit jealous that Kevin King seems to be more productive than the 4.5/5.0 PF I was able to draft in my main game.

King has had his ups and downs, but I'm worried that his loyalty is fairly low that we are going to have to throw all our money at him to stay, which will put pressure on my Paul/Howard combo.

Thanks for reading!
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:54 am

2012 NBA Finals

Eastern Conference:
#1 Miami vs. #4 Toronto
#2 Orlando vs. #3 Chicago

Western Conference:
#1 Los Angeles Lakers vs. #4 San Antonio
#2 Dallas vs. #6 Portland

We didn’t win against the Heat at all in the regular season (0-4) and that was with King in the line-up, but if we get past the Celtics fairly easily then we should put up one hell of a fight.

Just looking over the line-ups and Lebron James tore his Achilles tendon in their last game and is out for nearly 10 months! Sucks for him but it’s a huge coup for us!

Eastern Conference Semi-Final Toronto vs. Miami

Point Guard
Rajon Rondo vs. Dwayne Wade
15.0 points, 4.3 rebounds, 14.7 assists vs. 21.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, 6.8 assists

The matchup of the series now James is out. Wade is phenomenal no doubt but can he carry this team as Chris Bosh is a known choker? Rondo has stepped his PG play up to astronomical heights and is in the running for an All-NBA nod.

Winner - Miami

Shooting Guard
Shane Battier vs. Mike Miller
15.8 points, 2.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists vs. 10.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists

Miller is starting at SG because of the gaping hole and is going up against a rejuvenated Battier who is shooting the ball with confidence and is still a lock down defender.

Winner - Toronto

Small Forward
Antawn Jamison vs. Peja Stojakovic
10.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, 2.3 assists vs. 9.7 points, 2.0 rebounds, 1.2 assists

The battle of Plan B’s. Jamison is starting for Kevin King and Stojakovic is starting for James (there is a theme here). Peja is a terrible defender and Jamison knows who to fill up the cup.

Winner – Toronto

Power Forward
Tim Mozgov vs. Chris Bosh
15.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists vs. 21.2 points, 12.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists

The other hope for Miami. Although Mozgov has come in leaps and bounds but Chris Bosh is still a superstar. Bosh needs to shed the choker tag for Miami to win.

Winner - Miami

Centre
Sam Dalembert vs. Udonis Haslem
17.3 points, 13.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists vs. 10.0 points, 11.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists

Haslem is giving up 3 inches and Dalembert has been ON FIRE recently. He nearly single-handedly beat the Celtics and will want to replicate that.

Winner - Toronto

Bench
Ed Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Earl Barron vs. Carl Landry, Anthony Tolliver, Tracy McGrady

Both Davis and DeRozan are averaging double figure scoring and Barron could start for other teams. While Landry is the only player worth noting on the Heat bench.

Winner – Toronto

Prediction – Miami in 6

Even without James the Heat are still dangerous.

Dwayne Wade is limited to 14 points but Chris Bosh picks up the slack as the demolished us 107-85. Antawn Jamison paces us with 28 points and Tim Mozgov has 20 points and 9 rebounds but we were let down by Rajon Rondo’s 1/11 shooting for 3 points and 4 turnovers. We had 9 more turnovers than the Heat as they wanted to make a statement without their leader.

Miami leads 1-0

We shoot 54% from the field as we take their home court advantage away with a 113-100 win. Tim Mozgov goes toe to toe with Chris Bosh with 26 points, 11 rebounds and 6 blocks against Bosh’s 24 points and 13 rebounds. Dwayne Wade again plays poorly with 14 points and 6 turnovers, getting smashed by Rajon Rondo’s 13 points, 18 assists and 4 steals. Great win by the guys but we can’t let this get to our heads.

Series tied 1-1

Rajon Rondo again has the best of Dwayne Wade with 16 points, 14 assists and 4 steals to Wade’s 14 points, 12 assists and 8 turnovers as we win again 110-103. After all is said and done, the battle between Chris Bosh (30 points, 14 rebounds) and Tim Mozgov (22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks) is going to go down in history. Ed Davis scored 15 points in 22 minutes off the bench as Tracy McGrady wakes up from his retirement with 13 points and 5 assists.

Toronto leads 2-1

The Heat snatch back the home court advantage with a 103-89 win, winning the game in the 3rd quarter by running a 36-12 lead. Dwayne Wade breaks the Rondo shackles with 23 points, 8 assists and only 2 turnovers. Antawn Jamison plays best for us with 23 points and 9 rebounds by Shane Battier plays one of the worst game I have ever witnessed going 2/22 for 5 points.

Series tied 2-2

All series are still going strong.

Andrew Norwood, DeMar DeRozan and Reggie Evans all get injured (not badly) as we lose 110-99 and go on the brink of elimination. Chris Bosh stomps Mozgov with 24 points and 15 rebounds as Tracy McGrady goes 8/8 for 20 points. Rajon Rondo has 22 points and 10 assists while Shane Battier shoots much better for 20 points and 10 rebounds.

Miami leads 3-2

#2 Orlando goes through to the Eastern Conference finals with a 4-1 series win over #3 Chicago.

We go into Toronto with a do or die attitude and we have a sell out crowd, all 19,800 of them. And our team doesn’t disappoint winning comfortably 113-86. Tim Mozgov was insulted by last game’s performance and punishes Chris Bosh with 25 points and 15 rebounds, helped by Antawn Jamison (20 points) and Shane Battier (22 points), while Rajon Rondo bests Dwayne Wade by shooting 7/7 for 15 points, 15 assists and 5 steals. We shoot 53% to their 38% and we derailed them from the start. Canada did its part, now it’s up to the team to go back Miami and get a win.

Series tied 3-3

#6 Portland pulls off another upset with a 4-2 series win over #2 Dallas. It’s our series and #1 Lakers vs. #4 Spurs that are going the distance.

Miami usually have sold out crowds but tonight was almost magical. The theme tonight was a blackout as all the crowd were advised to wear black or were shown the door. Playing to a crowd that you can’t see but can definitely hear is very off putting.

Here are the stats of the game –
Chris Bosh – 24 points, 15 rebounds and 3 blocks vs. Tim Mozgov – 2 points, 9 rebounds
Dwayne Wade – 16 points, 7 assists vs. Rajon Rondo – 2/10 shooting for 9 points, 12 assists

So our two main battles obviously went to the Heat but our superstar Sam Dalembert kept his best for last with 28 points on 11/13 shooting to go with 11 rebounds as we won 108-93 and booked our pass to the Eastern Conference Finals and a shot at the Championship.

It was tough leaving the arena as the Heat fans were like ninjas and just as angry but we boarded the bus that felt like it was driving on clouds.

Toronto wins series 4-3

The Lakers won 91-74 as Tim Duncan went 0/7 for 3 points, which doomed them from the start.

I can’t believe we beat the sensational Heat and it doesn’t feel like we cheated with James being out. We had our #1 SF out as well you know. The battles between Bosh and Mozgov and Wade and Rondo will be replayed for weeks after tonight.

Post season stats:
Points – Tim Mozgov (16.3), Shane Battier (16.1), Sam Dalembert (14.9), Antawn Jamison (14.7), Rajon Rondo (13.5), Ed Davis (11.2)
Rebounds – Sam Dalembert (10.9), Tim Mozgov (7.5), Antawn Jamison (5.8), Rajon Rondo (4.8)
Assists – Rajon Rondo (13.6), Antawn Jamison (3.1), Andrew Norwood (2.5)

We haven’t had much luck with the Magic, but I believe we can beat anyone the way we are playing.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Tim Moungey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 am

I can't believe how good Dally's been for you.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:06 am

Tim Moungey wrote:I can't believe how good Dally's been for you.

It's been crazy. I only got him because we needed a rebounding and defending centre but I think having someone like Rajon Rondo to feed him the ball is working wonders for his offence.

I have a dilemma though, I don't think we can keep him as he will want a multi year deal and I don't want to tie us up when I have been working on getting cap space for Dwight Howard etc.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 am

2012 NBA Playoffs

Eastern Conference:
#2 Orlando vs. #4 Toronto

Western Conference:
#1 Los Angeles Lakers vs. #6 Portland

We faired a bit better against the Magic than the Heat in the regular season, winning one of the four contests. Unfortunately Dwight Howard is not injured.

Eastern Conference Finals Toronto vs. Orlando

Point Guard
Rajon Rondo vs. Jameer Nelson
13.5 points, 4.8 rebounds, 13.6 assists vs. 12.9 points, 3.1 rebounds, 7.4 assists

Rondo has been the playmaker that made Dwayne Wade look like a high school player. He shut down Wade for games at a time. Nelson has been down these playoffs but is one of the best PG scorers in the game.

Winner - Toronto

Shooting Guard
Shane Battier vs. Vince Carter
16.1 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.7 assists vs. 18.2 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists

Carter was on fire in their first round matchup against the Nets but was cooled off by Chicago’s defense. Look for Battier to clamp down on the former human highlight reel and score a bit for himself.

Winner - Draw

Small Forward
Antawn Jamison vs. Reggie Williams
14.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.1 assists vs. 22.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.8 assists

Signed in the offseason for the MLE, Williams has been a shot in the arm for the Magic, letting Rashard Lewis bolster the bench depth. He has exploded this playoffs and will be on the receiving end of Dwight Howard’s double teams. However, he is a mediocre defender and Jamison is well known for filling up the cup.

Winner - Draw

Power Forward
Tim Mozgov vs. Lamar Odom
16.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists vs. 12.5 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists

The Russian giant has been a godsend for the Raptors with his great chemistry with frontcourt mate Sam Dalembert. He will have his hands full with the versatile Odom who can push a fast break by himself and take slower bigs off the dribble at ease.

Winner - Orlando

Centre
Sam Dalembert vs. Dwight Howard
14.9 points, 10.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists vs. 22.4 points, 13.3 rebounds, 2.2 assists

As much as Dalembert has been a revelation for Toronto Howard is on another level. Make that 3 levels above that. He is a man mountain, averaging 4.6 blocks a game to go with his gaudy statline, blocking 10 shots in their last game. Look for plenty of help on Superman.

Winner - Orlando

Bench
Ed Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Earl Barron vs. Rashard Lewis, Quentin Richardson, Chris Duhon

No one on the Magic bench averages more than 14 minutes a game, which is huge bonus for the bench rich Raptors. If Toronto has any chance of winning this series, this is where they have to start.

Winner – Toronto

Prediction – Orlando in 5

Quietly, I think they may be right. We just don’t have the power that the Magic have, but I said that about Miami as well. So...

Dwight Howard has 24 points and 6 blocks as we let them rattle off a 38-23 4th quarter as well lose in a heartbreaker 110-105. Antawn Jamison has 24 points and Rajon Rondo has 17 points and 14 assists but we choke again when it counts. We had them beat, but let them back in.

Orlando leads 1-0

Los Angeles wins their first game 113-86.

With such an emotional game you would think that the next game would be amazing, and you would be right. Just for the wrong team. Sam Dalembert fouls out in 10 minutes, Earl Barron get 5 fouls in 15 minutes and rarely used Omar Samhan logs 22 minutes as Dwight Howard has one of the best ever playoff games with 37 points, 16 rebounds and 3 blocks as they embarrass us 105-67. We had 3 players in double figures with Ed Davis top scoring with a paltry 13 points. It was shameful how bad we played and if we don’t shape up it’s going to be broom time.

Orlando leads 2-0

Los Angeles goes 2-0 up with a 108-94 win over Portland.

It’s back to Toronto with our backs to the wall and it was business as usual for Orlando, winning 103-96 to put us in a huge 0-3 hole. Reggie Williams plays superbly for 32 points, and Dwight Howard again beats us up with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 7 blocks. Rajon Rondo plays best for us with 16 points, 16 assists and 7 rebounds but we needed Kevin King to stop Williams and anyone to stop Dwight Howard (good luck).

Orlando leads 3-0

I would be happy with one win at the moment, I do not want to be swept.

The Trailblazers claw one back in Portland with a 115-104 win.

Game four in Toronto was sold out as soon as we beat Miami, and the crowd here could not be tenser. They don’t want their beloved Raptors lose in straight sets after all the set backs they had, especially last season. So it was excruciating to see Toronto go from leading 74-69 at three quarter time to have the score 110-94 at full time in favour of Orlando. That’s right, a 41-20 last quarter by the Magic put them into the NBA Finals. Who else but Dwight Howard led the way with 27 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocks with help from Reggie Williams with 25 points. Tim Mozgov breaks away from Lamar Odom with 20 points but nothing can comfort the 19,800 people at the Air Canada Centre after that abysmal last 12 minutes.

Orlando wins series 4-0

Mark my words, we will win a championship, and it will go through Orlando.

Los Angeles goes on the brink of another NBA Finals series with an 88-85 win to put them up 3-1.

But it will have to wait with Portland snatching the win in Los Angeles 107-96 to bring the battle back to Portland.

And it goes back to Los Angeles knotted at 3-3 after Greg Oden’s 30 points and 17 rebounds in their 95-80 win.

Brandon Roy scores 34 points and the Portland Trailblazers pull off the upset with a 106-99 win in LA. This means that they will be going up against Orlando for the championship.

2012 NBA Finals

#6 Portland vs. #2 Orlando

Point Guard
Andre Miller vs. Chris Duhon
10.8 points, 3.5 rebounds, 6.7 assists vs. 7.5 points, 1.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists

Jameer Nelson has a sprained ankle and will be out for 4 days so Duhon will be stepping in for him. He has done a decent job off the bench but Andre Miller is a great pure point guard and will get the advantage until Nelson comes back.

Winner - Portland

Shooting Guard
Brandon Roy vs. Vince Carter
20.6 points, 5.1 rebounds, 4.2 assists vs. 17.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, 2.7 assists

Carter was exposed a little in their previous series against Toronto and Brandon Roy is a stellar player. If Roy takes off, look out.

Winner - Portland

Small Forward
Paul George vs. Reggie Williams
15.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists vs. 21.6 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists

Williams was outstanding all playoff series and will continue in this one. George has the potential to be a quality player but he isn’t there yet.

Winner - Orlando

Power Forward
Marcus Camby vs. Lamar Odom
6.1 points, 6.6 rebounds, 0.7 assists vs. 12.4 points, 8.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists

LaMarcus Aldridge is out for a week with a bruised sternum and may be the decisive factor. If Portland can hold on until he gets back then they might just be OK. Camby was good, but Odom is a rebounding machine and will be too quick for Camby.

Winner - Orlando

Centre
Greg Oden vs. Dwight Howard
14.1 points, 10.7 rebounds, 1.3 assists vs. 23.6 points, 13.1 rebounds, 2.4 assists

Oden is finally showing why we was taken #1 in the draft, but another #1 pick will eat him for breakfast. Howard has been unstoppable and will continue to be in this series.

Winner - Orlando

Bench
LaMarcus Aldridge, Elliot Williams, Earl Watson vs. Rashard Lewis, Quentin Richardson, Jameer Nelson

Only Duhon on the Magic bench has had any proper game time while on Portland’s bench they have Williams who can fill it up and if Aldridge comes back Camby is a very, very good bigman.

Prediction – Orlando in 5

LaMarcus Aldridge comes off his bed to start the game, leaving Marcus Camby to inhale 15 rebounds off the bench. Greg Oden scores 12 points, grabs 13 rebounds, blocks 4 shots and keeps Dwight Howard to 0/8 shooting for 2 points and 15 rebounds. That’s right, Dwight Howard scored 2 points. Brandon Roy helps out his bigs with 28 points in Portland’s 91-78 upset win in Orlando.

Portland leads 1-0

Portland comes back from 9 points with 4 minutes to go in regulation to force overtime, but falls 105-103. Dwight Howard was angry. Really angry. 20 points, 24 rebounds and 6 blocks angry. He was helped by Jameer Nelson’s 20 points and Vince Carter’s 22 points and 3 steals. Greg Oden was the best for the Trailblazers with 20 points and 13 rebounds.

Series tied 1-1

Dwight Howard shoots 18 free throws on his way to 18 points, 12 rebounds and 6 blocks as the Magic take back their home court advantage with a 96-85 win in Portland. Brandon Roy scores 22 points on 22 shots while Lamar Odom grabs 14 rebounds as Portland was held to 34% shooting from the field.

Orlando leads 2-1

Dwight Howard again plays well with 22 points and 13 rebounds helped by 5 other Magicians in double figure scoring but they still lose 103-91 as Portland also has 6 players in double figures. Greg Oden has 10 rebounds and 5 blocks while keeping Howard to 8/20 shooting.

Series tied 2-2

No team can win on their home court as Vince Carter actually tries tonight with 23 points. Dwight Howard only shoots 7 shots but grabs 20 rebounds. LaMarcus Aldridge is healthy again and scores 24 points but it wasn’t enough.

Orlando leads 3-2

LaMarcus Aldridge scores 37 points on 20 shots but doesn’t get any help apart from Eliot Williams’ 18 points off the bench as Orlando wins the the 2012 NBA Championship behind not Dwight Howard, but Reggie Williams who had 33 points. Howard of course wasn’t left behind as he had 24 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks. Streamers come from the roof as Orlando fans go into a frenzy and Pluto from Disneyland was kidnapped by some Magic fanatics.

Orlando wins series 4-2

Congratulations to Orlando, but the Toronto Raptors are coming for you and Dwight Howard.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 am

There were 3 teams in a tie for 4th place in the draft lottery – Us, Atlanta and Detroit. Luckily for us we the tie-breaker and now have the best chance to win the lottery.

14 – New York (0)

Lightning doesn’t strike twice.

13 – Oklahoma City (0)
12 – Minnesota (0)
11 – Los Angeles Clippers (0)
10 – Philadelphia (0)
9 – Sacramento (0)
8 – Houston (0)
7 – Atlanta (-2)

Washington and Detroit have jumped. In case you have forgotten, that Detroit pick is the one from Cleveland we traded to them. Whoops.

6 – Toronto (-2)

Dammit! I have my eyes on a player but I don’t know if he will be around here.

5 – Memphis (-3)

Wow, sucks to Memphis who had the second worst record and is now down to 5th.

4 – Phoenix (-3)

Double wow for the Suns who had the best chance to win are now out of the top 3 in possibly a 3 player draft.

3 – Charlotte (0)
2 – Washington (+5)
1 – Detroit (+5)

I shouldn’t have traded that pick, but them the brakes.

Award time; let’s hope Rondo gets some love.

Most Valuable Player:
Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets – 22.4 points, 11.9 assists, 3.8 rebounds, 2.2 steals, 0.1 blocks per game.
Dwight Howard should be a bit peeved, as he was probably a better player AND took his team to the championship.

Defensive Player of the Year:
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic – 21.0points, 1.5 assists, 14.5 rebounds, 1.0 steals, 3.8 blocks.
Worthy winner.

Sixth Man of the Year:
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – 9.3 points, 1.5 assists, 7.9 rebounds, 0.7 steals, 1.6 blocks.
A bit iffy seeing as he started a lot of games before and even after Al Horford.

Rookie of the Year:
Jason Beck, Charlotte Bobcats – 11.6 points, 1.7 assists, 7.0 rebounds, 1.1 steals, 1.2 blocks.
WHAT?? Kevin King got robbed, he didn’t miss that many games. Travesty.

Coach of the Year:
Stan Van Gundy, Orlando Magic – 57-25 (.695)
Another worthy winner seeing as he had the second best record in the league and won the championship.

All NBA First Team (points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks):
Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets (22.4, 11.9, 3.8, 2.2, 0.1)
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (22.4, 7.8, 4.1, 1.2, 0.3)
Lebron James, Miami Heat (25.5, 4.9, 4.6, 1.7, 1.0)
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers (19.4, 1.9, 10.9, 1.1, 1.6)
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic (21.0, 1.5, 14.5, 1.0, 3.8)

All NBA Second Team:
Deron Williams, Utah Jazz (19.9, 10.3, 3.9, 1.1, 0.1)
Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks (25.1, 2.8, 4.5, 1.5, 0.0)
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder (26.6, 2.4, 7.2, 1.0, 1.1)
Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks (24.0, 2.8, 8.4, 1.0, 1.1)
Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks (17.1, 1.5, 12.5, 0.8, 3.8)

All NBA Third Team:
Rajon Rondo, Toronto Raptors (15.7, 11.2, 4.5, 1.5, 0.0)
Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat (17.6, 8.2, 4.1, 1.7, 1.0)
Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers (26.5, 2.7, 5.1, 1.8, 1.3)
Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers (16.1, 3.3, 9.0, 1.0, 2.6)
Brook Lopez, New Jersey Nets (18.5, 2.0, 11.4, 0.8, 2.5)

My first All NBA selection, and a very worthy one at that.

All Defense First Team:
Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets
Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat
Lebron James, Miami Heat
Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

All Defense Second Team:
Rajon Rondo, Toronto Raptors
Monta Ellis, Golden State Warriors
Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks

Rondo again. Great to see someone work at their defense like Danny Granger has who at the start of his career was not known for that side of the court.

All Rookie First Team:
Boleslav Silajdic, Memphis Grizzlies
Brandon Dawson, New Orleans Hornets
Kevin King, Toronto Raptors
Jason Beck, Charlotte Bobcats
James Blanchard, Sacramento Kings

All Rookie Second Team:
Andrew Norwood, Toronto Raptors
Chris Norvell, Cleveland Cavaliers
Ben Mascoe, Minnesota Timberwolves
Michael Sims, Indiana Pacers
Michael Nicholson, Washington Wizards

Boo. Oh well, he will be a better overall player so I’m moving on.

I meet up with Mr. Petway and go over our season review and I say that I did a great job. He agrees, staying on budget and having a great team.
One thing that irked me when we started on next season is, and I quote, “playoff are good – it’s extra money at the gate for us”. I would love to have an owner that loves basketball not just money but I guess it could be much worse. I say we will be right around the cap and he is fine with that. Simple, easy and both sides are happy. Couldn’t be upset with that.

I offer Rudy T a 3 year contract extension because I think if we can get another all star player (Dwight I’m looking at you) he will be great at keeping the egos in check.

The mock draft looks like this:
1 – Detroit – C Travis Randolph
2 – Washington – PF Rashid Shiran
3 – Charlotte – PG Vlasi Kazapov
4 – Phoenix – C Brian Johnson
5 – Memphis – PF Nikolos Bocharkov
6 – Toronto – SG Trent Bailey
7 – Atlanta – SF Rodney Benoit
8 – Houston – SF Cherokee Oquin
9 – Sacramento – SF Jamaal McFadden
10 – Philadelphia – C Chucky Durden
11 – Los Angeles Clippers – C Ben Gordon
12 – Minnesota – SG Corey Hines
13 – Oklahoma City – SG Andre McQuay
14 – New York – PF Jeramy Smith

I don’t think Brian Johnson will go at 4 but won’t fall too far. The first 10ish are pretty spot on, and I would be thrilled if Bailey falls to us as he is the one I had my eyes on. Travis Randolph will absolutely go #1, even if he has a horrible attitude.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 am

2012 NBA Draft

1 – Detroit – C Travis Randolph
No doubt about it.

2 – Washington – PF Rashid Shiran
The Wizards are looking very good, with Wall, Nicholson and now Shiran they have a great young core.

3 – Charlotte – PF Michael Webb
I have no idea why Charlotte picked Webb with Nikolos Bocharkov and even Jeramy Smith still on the board. Huge head scratcher.

4 – Phoenix – PF Nikolos Bocharkov
Phoenix should send Charlotte a huge gift basket for giving the Russian to them.

I don’t want Memphis to nab Trent Bailey so I trade our #6 pick and a future 2nd rounder to move up one spot.

5 – Toronto – SG Trent Bailey

New Jersey and Utah offer me rubbish for DeMar DeRozan but now I have Bailey I want DeMar off the bench so I say no to both offers.

6 – Memphis – PF Kori Bailey
Raw as hell but has great athleticism and is a quick learner. The media hates this pick and I agree somewhat. He would have been available near the end of the lottery so if they wanted him they could have traded down.

7 – Atlanta – C Brian Johnson
I didn’t think he would be at 4 but getting him at 7 is a little steal for the Hawks. They now have a replacement for Al Horford, even though he won’t be as good.

8 – Houston – SF Cherokee Oquin
Not the best shooter, not even an average one but has quick feet and is already a great defender. From all accounts he is a great team player.

**Trade**
Miami trades:
SG Tracy McGrady

Boston trades:
SF Rasual Butler

9 – Sacramento – SF Rodney Benoit
Benoit is a terrible shooter and pretty dodgy defender but can rebound the ball. At least he isn’t a centre like the Kings usually take.

10 – Philadelphia – SG Corey Hines
Hines is a great scorer and defender, yet has a terrible attitude. If Hines had Bailey’s work ethic and behaviour I would have taken him at #5 but he drops because of his off the court antics.

I’m surprised the ‘Bebutov of the draft’ Vlasi Kazapov hasn’t been taken yet. He is definitely raw but has a good personality and has a great work ethic.

11 – Los Angeles Clippers – PG Vlasi Kazapov
And there he goes. He is tiny and is still learning his body but if he gets it, watch out for the Clippers.

12 – Minnesota – C Chucky Durden
Small C (6’9) but is a terrific passer. I’m not sure why they took him as they have good depth at C but he will be a decent, if unspectacular, player.

13 – Oklahoma City – SF Jamaal McFadden
A little small for the 3 at 6’6, 201lbs but has skills in most areas. He just needs to improve his consistency.

14 – New York – SF Jeramy Smith
He finally goes at the end of the lottery. Pretty good shooter but is let down by his relaxed attitude on defense. Will fit right in at D’Antoni’s game plan. A little lazy as well.

15 – Golden State – PF Sebastjan Sbroczynski
Has probably one of the worst names to say and might be one of the worst players in the top 20. I’m not a fan.

**Trade**
New Orleans trades:
SF Quincy Pondexter

Philadelphia trades:
PF Craig Brackins

16 – Utah – PG Quincy Stidham
He drops a fair bit because he is a point guard that doesn’t always show good decision making. Hmm.

17 – New Orleans – C Reginald Barber
I’m not sure about this pick. If they were going for a C they probably would have been better with Ben Gordon.

18 – Portland – PF Patrick Wright
A little unknown, but looks decent. I like this pick even if he is a little skinny.

19 – Milwaukee – PG Kelyn Besecker
Great passer but not much else. Could be a good back up for Brandon Jennings

**Trade**
Detroit trades:
PG Rodney Stuckey
PG Will Bynum
PF Jason Maxiell

Philadelphia trades:
SF Andre Iguodala

20 – New Jersey – PG Darrell Rolle
Absolutely phenomenal defender but at 5’11, 168lbs will be punished by bigger PGs.

21 – Denver – SG Andre McQuay
Finally gets picked. Is raw but with time and patience could become a very good player.

22 – San Antonio – SF Hassan Trivuncic
Doesn’t have many weaknesses but his strengths aren’t too either. Still for a 20s pick you could do a lot worse.

23 – Atlanta – PF Matt Barone
The pick the Hawks got for Al Horford is a good mid range shooter, but his is not the best passer. Did drop a little though.

24 – Dallas – C Ben Gordon
Dallas got a steal. I don’t know how he is going to go as Gordon is a spot up shooter and is very turnover prone and Dirk Nowitzki is can be a spot up shooter. But for the pick, you got to go for the home run pick and this is one.

25 – Boston – C Roland Townes
Not a very good shooter and not a very good defender. He is a big body that can set screens and that’s about it.

26 – Los Angeles Lakers – PG Darius Simmons
Decent passer but only an average shooter. Will be a good pair with the Lakers’ triangle offence but is still way overreaching. Could have been picked up here in the second round.

27 – New York – PF Eddie Edmond
Primarily hustle player. This pick was traded from Toronto for Tim Mozgov and they did well with what they had.

28 – Chicago – SF Clinton Mouton
Small but a decent rebounder. Terrible defender though.

**Trade**
Oklahoma City trades:
SG Thabo Sefolosha

New Jersey trades:
PG Jordan Farmar

29 – Orlando – PF Mike Tillman
Very good post player and can fill up a stat sheet. Paired with Dwight Howard they could have a very good defensive front line.

30 – Miami – C Matt Jones
Miami were exposed as having a thin frontline so they pick a 6’9 jumpshooter. Not the best fit but Jones does have talent.

I don’t have a second round pick so I don’t bother to watch but there are some very interesting trades.

Miami trades:
SG Tracy McGrady

Boston trades:
SF Rasual Butler

Why for Miami:
Butler is a decent SF who can hit the long ball and will start until Lebron James comes back, then will slot into a quality bench role.

Why for Boston:
McGrady is only 32 but is on the way out. Boston needs a SG as their only players are a young Avery Bradley and McGrady. Nate Robinson of all people was starting there last year.

Winner – Miami
Butler will help ease the pain of James’ injury and give them bench depth while McGrady is just for the name factor.

New Orleans trades:
SF Quincy Pondexter

Philadelphia trades:
PF Craig Brackins

Why for New Orleans:
Brackins is a decent enough player to have on the bench as the first big and didn’t cost much to get him.

Why for Philadelphia:
Pondexter is a decent enough player to have on the bench as the second big and didn’t cost much to get him.

Winner – None
Not much of a trade really, both teams could have kept their own players and wouldn’t have been worse off.

Detroit trades:
PG Rodney Stuckey
PG Will Bynum
PF Jason Maxiell

Philadelphia trades:
SF Andre Iguodala

Why for Detroit:
Iguodala is a great player that will help the Pistons but they now have NO PGs on their team. Let’s hope that they get one in free agency for this trade will look terrible. Great trade talent wise, maybe not so much roster wise.

Why for Philadelphia:
An opposite trade for the 76ers. They have Jrue Holiday and Louis Williams about to play the point and they add 2 more PGs. That’s not including second round pick Jamar Wallace. That’s 5 PGs on the team.

Winner – Detroit
A bit of a head scratcher for both teams but the Pistons win because of the talent levels of both sides of the trade.

Oklahoma City trades:
SG Thabo Sefolosha

New Jersey trades:
PG Jordan Farmar

Why for Oklahoma City:
They are happy with last season’s first round pick Icikas Skapovsky at SG so they shore up their PG ranks. Farmar isn’t that good but comes off the books a year earlier than Sefolosha.

Why for New Jersey:
The Swiss Sefolosha is a fantastic defender to come off the bench and it only cost them rarely used Farmar.

Winner – Both
For different reasons, but teams can say they came off best. Oklahoma City for money, New Jersey for talent.

Detroit trades:
PF Charlie Villanueva

Houston trades:
PF Luis Scola

Why for Detroit:
Free agent signing Villanueva wasn’t working so they upgraded to a quality PF. However, Scola has a 3 year, $30.6 million contract which is a little frightening. But if Luis and newly minted #1 pick Travis Randolph mesh well it will be worth it.

Why for Houston:
They get out of Scola’s contract for a 2 year, $16.6 million contract. The talent trade was in Detroit’s favour.

Winner – Detroit
Scola is a better player and should mesh well with Randolph. That is what they are hoping for anyway because they are stuck with him for the next 3 years.

Philadelphia trades:
SG Evan Turner

Minnesota trades:
SF Wesley Johnson

Why for Philadelphia:
With Iguodala’s departure they needed a SF and Johnson is a very good one. Too bad Evan Turner is a much better player and they now have PGs stepping into the SG spot.

Why for Minnesota:
With the emergence of Ben Mascoe as their future SF they cashed in on Johnson’s potential and nabbed themselves a very good SG. Turner averaged 17 points a game last year and will do well with the young Timberwolves.

Winner – Minnesota
Turner is a player you can build around and fits in snugly with what the Pups have already.

Portland trades:
SF Luke Babbitt

Houston trades:
SF Dion Carlisle

Why for Portland/Houston:
See the Pondexter-Brackins trade, but with Babbitt being a better player.

Winner – Houston
Both players are a bit meh, but at least Babbitt could be something half decent.

Expectations of top 5 draft picks:

#1 – Travis Randolph already looks fantastic and will only get better. Too bad he won’t make it to the next season as his teammates will have killed him for his horrendous attitude. He is also made of glass.

#2 – Rashid Shiran is not the scorer Bocharkov is but a better rebounder and defender and will fit right in with John Wall and Michael Nicholson.

#3 – Michael Webb is a decent defender, but other than that nothing special.

#4 – Nikolos Bocharkov is already a top flight scorer and decent rebounder. Great pick up by the Suns.

#5 - Trent Bailey is rawer than I expected but can be quite a good SG, he just needs time.

#11 – Vlasi Kazapov is super duper raw but if he fulfils his potential he will be a superstar.

Next is contract decisions and I have a lot on my mind with most our players expiring, especially Sam Dalembert who will want a multiyear contract. Things to think about.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Tim Moungey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:27 pm

The Pistons' makeover intrigues.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:08 pm

We only have 7 players under contract and even though it will be sad if Dalembert signs with someone else, it’s a chance I have to take to keep our cap flexibility for next year’s bumper crop. All free agents are released but I am looking to resign Battier, Dalembert, Jamison, Earl Barron and Samhan if they will take one year contracts.

It leaves us with $30.7 million in cap space, but I don’t know who will be available.

Our summer league starting line up is pretty set in stone –
PG Andrew Norwood
SG DeMar DeRozan
SF Trent Bailey
PF Ed Davis
C Tim Mozgov

It’s the battle of the bench players as we lose our first game 102-99 against Chicago with Andry Montross scoring 16 points and grabbing 9 rebounds while on our side Alonzo Gee scores 22 points. Our starters didn’t look too flash but it might just be rust.

We get smashed by Houston 102-83 as we shoot 38% to their 52%. DeMar plays best for us with 13 points and 6 rebounds but it was a very ugly game by us.

We get our first summer league win with a 102-84 demolishing of Phoenix as Tim Mozgov steps up with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Gee again shows some promise off the bench with 14 points and 6 rebounds. #4 pick Nikolos Bocharkov scores 15 points and grabs 6 rebounds.

It’s always good to smash Miami even if it is only summer league. We won 103-84 behind Ed Davis’ 24 points and Tim Mozgov’s 16 points and 12 rebounds. Miami started 7’2 C Matt Simpson at SF which stuffed Trent Bailey around who shot 1/9 for 4 points.

We lose our last summer league game 108-99 to the Thunder behind the surprising Cole Aldrich who had 17 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks. He just won the C battle with Tim Mozgov who had 10 points and 14 rebounds.

The major free agents are –
SF Carmelo Anthony
PG Russell Westbrook
PF Kevin Love
SF Gerald Wallace
C Chris Kaman

So as you can see, 4 of the top 5 players are at the same position as one that is safe on the team (I’m hoping for Tim Mozgov to be our future C) and I’m not sold on Kevin Love. So I’m going to be spending my money on 1 year deals to our players from last season.

I offer a 1 year contract to –
Shane Battier $4 million
Sam Dalembert $10 million
Antawn Jamison $9 million
Earl Barron $5 million

I know it’s overpaying but I don’t want pay multiyear deals so I have to up the offer.

HUGE NEWS a week into free agency with the Cleveland Cavaliers signing Carmelo Anthony to a 5 year, $86.7 million contract. Massive steal by the Cavs as they now have an inside and outside duo of Anthony and Yao Ming.

The next day Minnesota re-signs Kevin Love to a 6 year, $87.1 million contract. If I was on the T’Wolves then I would pulled that deal but he isn’t worth it to me.

I’m very, very interested in trying to pinch Russell Westbrook. Even though he is a PG and only 6’3 I think he would be dynamite next to Rondo but I hold back when I heard that Blake Griffin will be a UFA next year to add to the monster crop.

Both Shane Battier and Earl Barron sign with us the next day but my offer to Nic Batum is rejected to sign with San Antonio. Good pick. Indiana gets better, again, when they steal Eric Gordon to a 2 year deal. The Pacers are stacked now and will make huge waves in the East.

I say stuff it and rescind Antawn Jamison’s offer and send a 2 year one to Russell Westbrook but I was too late, he signed his tender offer with the Thunder. On the other hand, Sam Dalembert signs with us, as did Da’Sean Butler and Omar Samhan. I was sure Sam would have gone for long term security but I guess he sees what we have here and wanted to a part of it.

I re-submit my offer to Antawn Jamison and he accepts with glee. That means that we have 13 players under contract now but I want another PG and give Andre Miller a $1.2 million offer. I don’t think he will accept but it’s worth a try.

One of the top 5 free agents, Chris Kaman jumps ship to Portland for a 5 year, $47 million contract which gives them a great front line with LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden.

One the same day Gerald Wallace re-signs with Charlotte for a 6 year, $75.7 million contract Andre Miller decides he likes where Toronto is heading and signs with us.

That’s 14 players under contract and $42,000 over the cap and I’m done.

Training camp comes and goes and shows some changes –

King King has the potential to be one of the best players in the league, and has the work ethic to get there.

Trent Bailey got better but is still raw. I’m going to send him down to the D-League to get some experience, maybe even the whole season.

Da’Sean Butler looks better than what he was last time he was here, and should get some minutes.

Tim Mozgov is happy that his best friend Sam Dalembert is back, and came to training camp full of enthusiasm.

The pre-season rankings are in –

East
1 – Miami
2 – Chicago
3 – New Jersey (definitely not)
4 – Toronto
5 – Indiana

I don’t know why New Jersey are there as they will most likely suck, but Indiana looks very dangerous. Orlando at 7 is in insult as they picked up Jamal Crawford in the offseason. Hehehe, Boston is ranked 14th or second last in the East. Good times.

West
1 – Sacramento (absolutely not)
2 – Golden State (absolutely not)
3 – Los Angeles Lakers
4 – Minnesota
5 – Oklahoma City

Whoever wrote these rankings is obviously from California. How else can you explain the Kings and the Warriors 1 and 2? Minnesota is not quite there yet but are looking good in a few years.

Your 2012/2013 Toronto Raptors –

PG – Rajon Rondo
SG – Shane Battier
SF – Kevin King
PF – Tim Mozgov
C – Sam Dalembert
6th – Antawn Jamison
7th – Ed Davis
8th – Andre Miller
9th – DeMar DeRozan
10th – Earl Barron
11th – Andrew Norwood
12th – Da’Sean Butler
IR – Omar Samhan
D-League – Trent Bailey

I love this team. We have 12 players that can play on any given night and a great starting lineup. I’m excited for the season ahead.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Tim Moungey wrote:The Pistons' makeover intrigues.

I'm not sure it will last though. They have no PG depth (starting Rip Hamilton) and Randolph is a brat of a kid. I'm giving him 2 months until he is completely given up on the team. On paper the team looks great but they don't have many good fits.
zike_42
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports