Manningham, Manningham, wherefore art thou Manningham?

Postby GoBlue2419 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:04 am

The NBA Draft concluded last night, and the First Round held more than a few surprises as teams proved they would not be swayed by what the so-called draft experts predicted. Perhaps the biggest surprise of the evening was the very first pick, widely assumed to be Kyrie Irving to the Toronto Raptors, but the Raptors instead selected forward Derrick Williams out of Arizona. The Charlotte Bobcats, with the second pick, also passed on the former Duke Blue Devil, instead choosing center Enes Kanter from Turkey. The Detroit Pistons were ecstatic after Irving fell to them at the #3 pick, not letting the injury concerns which surely prompted Toronto and Charlotte to pass on him, picking most likely the most talented player in the draft.

Rounding out the Top Five were the two expansion teams. The Seattle Supersonics selected Kentucky's Brandon Knight with the 4th pick, and the Manningham Moose selecting power forward Tristian Thompson from Texas.

As a result of the new expansion rules, the hometown Moose had 10 picks in the draft, offering the opportunity to fill their roster with young talent that will hopefully provide a foundation for future success here in Manningham.

The full list of players selected by Manningham is:

1 (5) - Tristian Thompson, PF, Texas
2 (1) - Kyle Singler, SF, Duke
2 (3) - Trey Thompson, PF, Georgia
2 (6) - Nolan Smith, PG, Duke
2 (8) - Cory Joseph, PG, Texas
2 (10) - Fernando Van Hook, SF, Purdue
2 (15) - Shelvin Mack, SG, Butler
2 (17) - Mayce Scott, SG, Connecticut
2 (19) - Marcus Davis, PF, Purdue
2 (30) - Jason Webb, C, Georgetown
GoBlue2419

Postby bobbyr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 am

Gld to see your dynasty report continuing!

Some nice players for you in the draft!

I'd call Kyle Singler and Trey Thompson steals in the second round. Perhaps even Nolan Smith.
bobbyr

Postby AussieVilla » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Interesting idea! Looking forward to reading about the fortunes of this new expansion team, especially as you plan on being an observer rather than a GM. :)
AussieVilla

Postby GoBlue2419 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 am

For some reason I am stuck on July 19th and cannot figure out how to advance past that date. I don't see any actions that need to be taken in the coach email or commissioner email. Can anyone think of something I might be missing?
GoBlue2419

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports