Hungry Like the Wolf

Awards

Postby brutusbrutus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Dwight Howard again won the MVP and Defensive Player of the Year

J.J. Weaks won the 6th man of the year for the Suns

PG Anthony Robinsion won the ROTY award.

No Timberwolf was named to any of the all-nba teams or all-defensive teams.

Jeff Smith made it to the all-rookie 2nd team.
brutusbrutus

Draft Lottery

Postby brutusbrutus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 pm

1. Charlotte
2. Cleveland
3. New York

9. Timberwolves(From Clippers) we really need a PF but I will draft ability over need this year.
brutusbrutus

Ronald Sandler re-signed

Postby brutusbrutus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 pm

24 million dollar contract over 4 years.
brutusbrutus

Top Rookies

Postby brutusbrutus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:41 pm

PG: Ludovic Videc: Slovenian prospect with huge upside.

SG: Xavier Wagner: a 6'7 shooter who should be a high pick.

SF: Joe Williams: Can play PF he has a good mid-ranged jump shot and can play defense.

PF: Darius Patterson: Scored over 30 points per game in college, he is an excellent scorer who can even play some SF.

C: Marco Stallone: The Italian stallion scored a lot in the Italian league last year then surprisingly made the statement he is entering the draft.
brutusbrutus

Contract Decisions

Postby brutusbrutus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Joe Prybilla retired so did Chauncey Billips, Aaron Affalo was renounced(although he still might get re-signed) and David West will not be given his team option.
brutusbrutus

The 2016 Draft

Postby brutusbrutus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

1. Marco Stallone

2. Darius Patterson

3. Joe Williams

At No. 9 I drafted Travis Waldman at PF, I also drafted PG Nino Vakhvakhishvilli I promise never to ever refer to him by his last name. In the second round I drafted PF Michael Phillips who I signed, this marks the first 2nd round draft pick I have actually signed since the beginning of my tenure as the Wolves GM.
brutusbrutus

Recap so far

Postby brutusbrutus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 am

W L Postseason Coach
2010 20-62 N/A Kurt Rambis
2011 24-58 N/A Jeff Van Gundy
2012 36-46 N/A Jeff Van Gundy
2013 48-34 Finals Jeff Van Gundy
2014 58-24 2nd Round Jeff Van Gundy
2015 51-31 2nd Round Jeff Van Gundy

The last three seasons have been great. Jeff Van Gundy have led a talented deep squad into the playoffs, nevertheless the end result for the last two years have been less than stellar. Now the team sits at a cross road. We have a young core of David McDermott, Ronald Sandler and Shand-de Teoh signed through 2019. David West is asking for a huge raise and a long term deal that I quite frankly and not willing to give him. He does seem to be the best option for PF at this point but I simply cannot handicap my team for years just to try and win this next year. On top of that David McDermott's amazing offense is helpful to the team, yet his 6'2" frame and less than adequate defense hurts us at the perimeter. To make matters worse the ownership wants me to stay at or below the cap, which drastically hurt our chances in 2015 as we had to trade Jaokim Noah after watching Nikola Pekovic flourish at the PF position at the very end of the season.

Here are my thoughts for this year. I have a few options, I could put Shand-de Teoh in at PF I think his rebounding and defense are adequate for that position and I could run a fast paced small-ball oriented team. I could re-sign David West at the expense of long term flexibility and try and win a championship this year. I could also sign a Center and go a slower and larger frontcourt that would rebound very well. My final option would be to blow up the team and try and get draft picks and start all over again.

Here is my thinking. I still have a lot of my guys signed long term, of my core Nikola Pekovic is the oldest at 30 his contract expires in two years. I am probably not going to re-sign him unless the team really becomes a true contender in the next few years. So I am giving this team two more years where I am going to try my hardest to bring home a championship and if this squad cannot do it in that amount of time(or at least be true contenders) then I might very well blow up the team.

Step No. 1 renounce David West's contract. I have 18 million dollars to play with in the off-season. Minnesota still isn't a prime destination but our recent winning ways and deep pockets might attract a good free agent.
brutusbrutus

The Summer League

Postby brutusbrutus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 am

Game 1 W 128-104. Ronald Sandler owned the Mavericks scoring 30 points in a mere 28 minutes.

Game 2 W 111-88 Sandler scored 27 this time and the defense really shined against the 76ers summer league squad.

Game 3 W 109-99 again Sandler was the player of the game scoring 21 points against the Magic.

Game 4 W 92-75 The Timberwolves played a good team game against the Warriors. The MVP of the game was the d-leaguer center Brooks MaIntrye who had 12 points and 6 boards.

Game 5 W-105-99 The Timberwolves finished off the summer league a perfect 5-0. Sandler won his 4th game MVP and won the MVP of the entire summer league. This will probably be Sandler's last summer league and he really put on a show.

Record: 5-0
brutusbrutus

Free Agency

Postby brutusbrutus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:21 am

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Chris Bosh

Those are the marque free agents available, I will not be perusing any of them, instead I will focus on the following goals.

1. A defensive minded Center.
2. A backup PF
3. Height/defense in the back court
4. A 2nd/3rd string PG.
brutusbrutus

Signings

Postby brutusbrutus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 am

Anderson Valerjo signed for 18,212,040 over 3 years

Amir Johnson signed for 10,543,200 over 3 years

Gervis Vasquez signed for 14,887,000 over 3 years

Wesley Mathews signed for 12,395,000 over 3 years

Valerjo: Valerjo is defensively talented and shoots a high FG%, he will be the starting Center next season, with Pekovic playing PF.

Johnson: Has proven to be very valuable in limited minutes, this athletic but limited player will help the team's depth at the PF position.

Vasquez: After playing in the D-League and only sporadically in the NBA Vasquez has proven himself to be a more than adequate backup PG.

Matthews: Matthews will be the defensive backup to McDermott, Matthews is no slouch on offense either, the two should prove to be a dynamic duo at the SG position.

Outlook: I basically solidified the team for the next 2-3 years I am going full in on the notion that defense and depth wins championships I am also going larger than I have ever gone before. The teams pace will have to slow but hopefully this will be the formula that brings this team a championship.

BTW LeBron James is finally a NY Knick.
brutusbrutus

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports