The Story of Eddie Komrska

The Story of Eddie Komrska

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Okay I'm going to try my first attempt at a dynasty thread.

I'm basing this on me so I don't have some creative coaches name or backstory....I will be playing out every game and based on the following I might just do monthly recaps or game by game recaps. After reviewing a lot of job offers I thought jumping into a head coaching job was right for me. After all, I've coached basketball for about 10 year at all different levels. I looked over several different schools but I thought William and Mary would be the best fit for me and my need for my kids to be outstanding on the court but also in the classroom.

William and Mary gave me 3 goals and they are
Finish in top half of conference
Win 10+ games
No academic inelgibility

So I signed an 80,000 dollar per year 2 year contract and uprooted my family from Indianapolis and headed east to Williamsburg.

My coach profile is
Very High Ambition
High Academics
High Discipline
Very High Temper (Just like in real life coaching)
High Integrity
EddieK76

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 pm

May 1, 2011---
Wow my first day on the job and I've never felt as overwhelmed as I do now. Headlines in the local newspaper are calling me the man who can lead the Tribe to their first NCAA appearance based on past successes of turning around programs. I have yet to meet my staff but I made a promise to my wife that I would let them work out the first year and see if we mesh well together. After all I'm a man of high integrity and no sense in not letting someone prove themselves to me.

Well it's time for my press conference. I have to make this press conference brief I have a lot of work to do and make some contacts at some local high schools to try and get the name of William and Mary out there in a positive light.

"Hello everyone. I'm going to be honest and make this quick because we have a lot of work to do. I am excited to be the head coach of The College of William and Mary. This is a school that has had the honor to educate the likes of Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe and some other important people in United States history. We are also the 2nd oldest university in the country. I look to bring pride to the basketball program but most importantly put these young men in the path of a successful life based on pride, value and honor in themselves to be valuable assets both on the court but also role models in the classroom. Now if you don't mind I have a lot of work to do and I need to meet with some of my players."

Wow, I'm glad that is over. I'm not a fan of speaking in front of people but I hope this becomes easier with time.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-11-13 at 11.30.06 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-11-13 at 11.30.06 AM.png (16.32 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
EddieK76

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:55 pm

May 1, 2011

Well I've met with al the players and let me tell you one thing. I've never met such a group of individuals who are so dedicated to their studies as this group. The lowest GPA on my team is 3.1 and I'm pleased after watching some tape on my starting 5.

My point guard position is going to be the weakest which is something I'm not happy with as I really prefer someone who can direct the team and be the 2nd coach for us. But we do have some good scores in SG Rashon Curry (SR), SF Galen Brown (SR) and my big man Brian Slaughter (SR) which leaves us with not much depth but also not much to look forward to next year. Hopefully the backups can really improve.

Off to the road now to recruit.
EddieK76

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 pm

June 25, 2011

Well I've talked over with my coaches and AD and we've decided to focus on the Atlantic East and the Southeast area for recruiting. We don't have much in the budget but we have to spend the money to turn around this program. We are also going to go to Atlanta for the camp there which we hope to find some player who might be overlooked by the big guys and then also Memphis and New York. Besides finding some talent in the Southeast at the Memphis camp I'll probably have to have some good ol' BBQ. What a weakness for me.
EddieK76

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:11 pm

June 26, 2011
Well recruiting starts and I'm going to delegate some of the tasks but we must focus on only recruiting students who score above a 1,000 on their SAT. Some might see this as a hinderance but I view it as the way to run a program. After all it's about academics right?
EddieK76

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:37 pm

September 11, 2011
Well we got some news on the recruiting front. DeMarcus Harris a SG who we were really interested in turned us down and he's decided to pursue Princeton. I hope that we can land some of these recruits we are chasing. We have scholarships out there to Othella Warley a SF, Robinson Leis a C (Junior College and his academics are iffy right now) and then the big prize recruit we are chasing is Matt McDaniel. He wasn't happy with my in person visit but hopefully he'll change his mind.
EddieK76

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:40 pm

September 25, 2011
With McDaniel and Harris giving verbals to Richmond and Princeton we've focused our attention on Leis and Warley. Leis is the inside presence we'd really like to have when Slaughter graduates and right now we are #1 on his list. We are really worried about his academics but we have to pursue him.
EddieK76

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Save some money. In March there may still be a few guys of interest who haven't committed yet. If you make a late push you can sometimes land one or two of them. That strategy has worked well for me when I'm coaching a low rated school. When I coach a school with poor academics it works even better because some kids won't hit the SAT score they need for the college they really want and I can steal them (or try to). That won't work for W&M, but still, there may well be a kid or two available late who can help you.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby EddieK76 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:42 pm

October 2, 2011
We've landed our first recruit in Robinson Leis. He'll replace Slaughter and looks to be an impact player for us right away next year. Hopefully he can make it grade wise.
EddieK76

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Great start on the dynasty thread, EddieK! Don't eat too many pancakes and waffles at all the Pancake Houses in Williamsburg. :)
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports