Newman University: a D2 Challenge

Newman University: a D2 Challenge

Postby sportsfanmike » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Newman University is trying to work their way into Division 1 basketball, and just lost their head coach. A young man with limited coaching experience but an eagerness to coach landed the job. His name, Mike Schaplowsky.

I wanted to try the D2 challenge, as I didn't really want to start as an assistant and we already have one promotion/relegation dynasty going, so I decided to switch it up. My only rule for this is that I am not allowed to take another coaching job anywhere else until I have raised Newmans prestige to above 0 and gotten them into Division 1.
sportsfanmike

Postby sportsfanmike » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:44 pm

OK I'm scratching this project, for 2 reasons. 1st, I can't seem to figure out where the D2 schools went. When I went to create a league, I went to Independents, and all of the schools were real, with prestiges above 0. I don't have a clue what happened there, and I can't figure out how to set prestiges below 0. So that idea is scrapped. Second, I want to try my hand at really going from the bottom up, becoming an assistant coach first and then working my way up. It's a new twist. I think I'll be a recruiting coordinator and force myself to learn how to recruit well. It'll be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.
sportsfanmike

Postby sportsfanmike » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:48 pm

I just figured out what happened. For some reason when I opened the game, I had to relicense it. I don't know why, but it seems to have relicensed it so that conference movement from last year is in effect. Colorado and Utah are in the Pac Twelve and Nebraska is in the Big Ten. Interesting. I'm not going to try and figure out where the D2 challenge is now, I'll just start out as an assistant coach and see how it goes.
sportsfanmike

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports