From the Third Chair...

From the Third Chair...

Postby Rizzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:48 pm

May 1st, 2011

Amherst, MA - Aaron Sanders, coach of the UMass Minutemen, has announced he has hired some young blood to his coaching staff. Adam Rizzo will be filling his third assistant chair for at least the next two seasons. Coach Sanders will have Rizzo focus on recruiting throughout the season. Rizzo's input on players will be taken into consideration, but Sanders is the boss and will have the final say on who is offered a scholarship or not.

Maybe one day, Rizzo will be the one calling the shots in Amherst...
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Coach Adam Rizzo
25-Years Old
Ambition: Very High
Academics: Average
Discipline: Low
Integrity: Very High
Temper: Very Low (3)

Coaching Skills:
Offense: 20
Defense: 20
Scouting: 40
Recruiting: 50
Developing: 20

Coach Philosophies:
Player Rotation: 4
Player Preference: 4
Defensive Intensity: 7
Def. Crash Boards: 8
Full Court Defense: 7
Zone Defense: 10
Off. Crash Boards: 5
Offensive Pace: 7
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Adam Rizzo grew up in a suburb of Boston, MA. He played basketball all of his life growing up and wanted nothing more than to be able to play college basketball. After his four-year high school career was over in his hometown, he enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He was not recruited, nor was he invited to try out for the Minutemen basketball team.

As a student, he agreed to be a team manager, building a relationship with Coach Sanders. After his senior year, he graduated and went back to his hometown to coach basketball at his former high school. He had a very successful four years of coaching, keeping in touch with Hamilton all the while.

After the 2010-2011 season ended, Aaron Sanders called up Rizzo and offered him a position on his coaching staff. He told him that it is a lot of grunt work and the pay isn't great, but it could be a start to something special. Without hesitation, Rizzo agreed to the two year deal worth $14,000 per season. It was barely enough for him to live off of, but this was an opportunity he could not turn down.
Rizzo

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Good start, should be an interesting dynasty report...but at $22K you better eat well when recruiting on the road on perdiem. :rolleyes:
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Rizzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm

[SIZE="4"][color="DarkRed"]
2011-2012 UMass Minutemen Roster
[/color]
[/SIZE]

Looking at our roster, we are very young at every position. In fact, two-thirds of our roster is comprised of underclassmen. Coach Sanders has two scholarships to hand out, so here's to hoping that Coach Rizzo can open his eyes to some good players to bolster this program.

With no single position being a desperate need for next season, I will be looking for the best talents that are interested in our school.
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:38 pm

PointGuard wrote:Good start, should be an interesting dynasty report...but at $22K you better eat well when recruiting on the road on perdiem. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I had started the association once tonight, but clicked on limited attributes and didn't like that, so I re-started. The first time through it was $22,000 per year, but now it's down to $14,000... :(
Rizzo

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:42 pm

LOL...McDonalds is hiring for their early a.m. shift.
PointGuard

Postby Rizzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 pm

PointGuard wrote:LOL...McDonalds is hiring for their early a.m. shift.

Tell me about it... :rolleyes:

The money I make only counts towards my career earnings, correct? I guess what I'm asking is it doesn't effect my coach in any way, right?
Rizzo

Postby sportsfanmike » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Decided to try an assistant coach report eh? I hope you have more fun with your attempt than I did with mine. I absolutely hate recruiting, I like to take the easy way out and let the computer do it. lol, but good luck and i look forward to reading.
sportsfanmike

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Other than having to go to the Salvation Army store to get a cup (so you can panhandle), no the amount you are being paid by those slave drivers at UMASS doesn't affect how you are as a coach.

Unlike Mike, I absolutely LOVE the recruiting aspect of DDSCB2, but I've never done it as an assistant. Since you won't be able to do the whole recruiting enchilada, it might not be as much fun as doing it as the head coach.
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports