On The Way Up

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Maine Takes Loss; Northwest D.C. Gets First Win

"You know what,.. I'm fine with this loss, maybe I shouldn't be, but it was inevitable. We were on a 3 game win streak, they've yet to win a game. That's one big mind game, so, I'm perfectly fine with this loss."

Maine lost 85-65, Blake had 29 points.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Maine Fails in 2nd Half; Drops to UL-Monroe

"What is it with the f**king 2nd half? This team just doesn't f**king finish. One thing about my DII day, guess what we did? We f**king finished. It was unacceptable if we didn't finish. This s**t is pissing me the f**k off. We're now going into conference play with two games that should've been for sure wins. That's un-f**king-acceptable."

Coach McNugget was clearly fired up after the 66-62 loss to UL-Monroe. No one on the team seemed to shoot to excellently besides Donte Taylor, perhaps the most consistent player on the team. When Coach McNugget was walking away, a reporter overheard him on the phone with Taylor.

"Hey, Donte, what's up? I'm sorry about the losses, 2 or 3 have been my fault, 2 or 3 we just haven't performed well, but you're our leader. You lead us through passing, but I need you to shoot it more too. Hell, that new college basketball video game says you have a 100 three point shot. Now put it to use."

Taylor had 17 points and 5 assists. Tom Cox had this, Justin Bickerstaf had that, but what really matters, is it's conference time.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 pm

TOP 25<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="475"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="2E8DC4" colspan="4"><span style="color:#FFFFFF">NCAA Hoops Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Nov 24, </span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="8%">RK</td><td width="72%">TEAM (VOTES)</td><td align="center" width="20%">RECORD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>1</td><td>Kentucky</td><td align="center">10-1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>2</td><td>Mississippi St. </td><td align="center">14-0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>3</td><td>UConn</td><td align="center">9-1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>4</td><td>Florida</td><td align="center">11-1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>5</td><td>Kansas</td><td align="center">10-1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>6</td><td>Indiana</td><td align="center">10-1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>7</td><td>Oklahoma St.</td><td align="center">10-1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>8</td><td>St. Johns</td><td align="center">12-2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>9</td><td>Oregon</td><td align="center">11-3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>10</td><td>Syracuse</td><td align="center">9-5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>11</td><td>Wisconsin</td><td align="center">11-1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>12</td><td>Arizona</td><td align="center">7-4</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>13</td><td>Arkansas</td><td align="center">10-2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>14</td><td>Nevada Los-Angeles (UNLV)</td><td align="center">12-2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>15</td><td>Louisville</td><td align="center">9-2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>16</td><td>Maryland</td><td align="center">8-3</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>17</td><td>Georgia</td><td align="center">10-3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>18</td><td>Marquette</td><td align="center">10-1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>19</td><td>Minnesota</td><td align="center">10-3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>20</td><td>North Carolina</td><td align="center">8-4</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>21</td><td>Tulsa</td><td align="center">12-2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>22</td><td>UCLA</td><td align="center">9-2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>23</td><td>Georgetown</td><td align="center">8-4</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>24</td><td>Georgia Tech</td><td align="center">8-3</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>25</td><td>Houston</td><td align="center">11-4</td></tr></table></body></html>

The SEC is, to this point, the conference to beat. Mississippi St. is only 2nd, but they've beaten Syracuse, Marquette, Oklahoma St. and Louisville. Kentucky has had a weaker schedule, only beating Arizona. The 'dominant' Big East only has 4 ranked teams.

Taking a Look at the American* Conference

*The conferences are all made up names, as are a couple of the teams. I only took the time to edit the major conferences and those couple major teams. So, the American Conference is the America East.

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#2EA8CD" colspan="7"><span style="color:#FFFFFF">American Conference Conference Standings - Updated: Nov 24, </span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="40%">TEAM</td><td align="right" width="10%">REC</td><td align="right" width="10%">PCT</td><td align="right" width="10%">CONF</td><td align="right" width="10%">PF</td><td align="right" width="10%">PA</td><td align="right" width="10%">STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Hartford</td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">0.818</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Baltimore</td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">0.818</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Stony Brook</td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">0.727</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Albany</td><td align="right">6-5</td><td align="right">0.545</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Maine</td><td align="right">4-7</td><td align="right">0.364</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Boston</td><td align="right">4-7</td><td align="right">0.364</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Vermont</td><td align="right">4-7</td><td align="right">0.364</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>New Hampshire</td><td align="right">3-8</td><td align="right">0.273</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Binghimton</td><td align="right">3-8</td><td align="right">0.273</td><td align="right" class="active"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr></table></body></html>

Hartford is seemingly the best team to this point, they've pulled upsets out over Ohio St and Tennessee thus far. After them comes Stony Brook and Baltimore. Then, everyone is just in a big bunch of teams.

As of right now, no one player sticks out from the rest of them. Donte Taylor averages the most assists per game with 6.8, next ups is 4.5. We'll just have to wait and see how the conference plays out.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Does HTML not work on here?

Maine Finds Themself on the Flipside; Comeback in Conference Opener

Maine was down be 11 points at halftime, the score was 53-42, and Coach was mad. It was the conference opener, how could you lose in such an embarrassing fashion? Well, Baltimore was in fact 9-3, and one of the top teams in the conference. But, McNugget wouldn't hear it, his players had to step it up.

They did exactly that. Cox, Taylor and Blake led the charge combining for 59 points, and soon, Maine saw the roles reversed. They were now the team cutting the lead in the second half, at the end of the game, they would find themselves on top, with a 91-84 win.

"I don't know how it happened, but we finally turned it around in a game, it seemed like we hadn't had a second half comeback all season, finally, we got one. Taylor, I'm loving this kid. He just hasn't been told to stop so he keeps his foot on the pedal. His stats don't show it, but this kid is dominant. 7 assists per game, that doesn't even compare to his leadership. This kid could be a starter on any team in the nation right now."

- Maine improves to 5-7, with a 1-0 conference record.
- Baltimore drops to 0-2 in conference, despite starting 9-2 out of conference.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Maine Wins 2nd Conference Game

Well, it came with a terrible shooting performance, but, the defense served them well. Maine came on top of their 2nd conference game, winning 71-51. The win was expected though, as they were at home against the lesser 3-10 New Hampshire.

"Well, the shooting and offense wasn't there, but that's what's wrong with todays game. Most people will realize that, before they see that we played an excellent defensive game. Being a shooting in college, I need to realize this too myself. I'll take this defense all the time."

Alan Blake again had a high scoring game, racking up 23 points, shooting 7 of 13 from the 3 point line. Donte Taylor again led the team, with 13 points and 7 assists.

Around the Conference
- Albany takes down Binghamton, remain undefeated in the conference.
- Boston loses to Hartford
- Vermont tops Stony Brook

1) Albany (3-0)
2) Maine (2-0)
3) Vermont (2-1)
4) Binghamton (2-1)
5) Boston (1-1)

Bottom 2 - New Hampshire (3-11), Baltimore (9-4) have not yet won a conference game.
Elijah

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports