On The Way Up

Postby Elijah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Meet the Team

At Point Guard, the 6'1 Junior out of Lewiston, Maineeee. Dante Taylorrrr! Taylor is currently a 2* guy with 2 1/2* potential. He excels from 3 point land and in his athleticism.
Set to Get: 28 Minutes

At Shooting Guard, the 6'2 Freshman out of Sanford, Maine. Justin Bickerstafffff! Bickerstaf is currently 2 1/2* with a 4* potential. He's best at outside shooting. Keep in mind though, Bickerstaf is a PG at origin.
Set to Get: 30 Minutes

At Small Forward, the 6'8 Freshman out of Wells, Maine. Tommyyy Coxxxxxx! Tommy is currently rated at 3 1/2* with the potential to be a 4 1/2* guy. Tommy is average at everything.
Set to Get: 30 Minutes

Rounding out the lineup, we have PF Derricus Davis, SG Alan Blake and Cs, Terrence Clark and Chad Bailey.

When Coach McNugget was asked about his lineup, he thanked god for being given two great freshman.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Maine Takes a Loss, 71-65

"I guess I'm going to take blame for this one. I did everything I possibly could, and when I did find a lineup and offense that brought the game back to within 2 points, I decided to take the players out for the sake of their rest. I thought they were tired, I should've left them in until we atleast got the lead. This is my fault, nothing is to blame on the players." That was McNugget's response after his first career loss. "I should've practiced more 3-2 zone as well, we'll be focusing on defense a lot this week. We'll also be incorporating the big men more in the next game."

As a team, Lynchburg shot .500, while Maine shot .392. It was a terrible showing and performance, but, it was only the first game of the year.

Player | Points | Rebounds | Assists | Shooting
Donte Taylor | 6 | 1 | 2 | 2/8
Justin Bickerstaf | 6| 0 | 2 | 2/6
Tom Cox | 9 | 1 | 1 | 3/8
Derricus Davis | 8 | 5 | 2 | 2/5
Chad Bailey | 12 | 1 | 9 | 4/6
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Lost our next game, 64-56. Not going to give a recap because I'm pretty pissed right now. The subsitution box stopped working, had that not happened, this would've been a win as I was leading 43-35 when it happened.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Maine drops to #10 Oklahoma St., 66-56

I was real impressed with this game, to begin it, we were up 9-3. At halftime the substitution box got stuck again, but I found a way to coach around it. This was a real good game for us. However, we're now 0-3 and need a win, desperately. Player of the Game goes to Donte Taylor who was in 37 minutes of the game providing great leadership.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Once again the substition box gets stuck, once again we lose. Starting to piss me the **** off.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

UPSET ALERT!

Who's Maine? I'm not quite sure. Who's New Mexico? That up and coming team from the Moutain West. Made the tournament twice in the past three years and is looking good this year as well.

Well, Maine just took down New Mexico! How? Coach McNugget found a new gameplan.

"Our bigs may be some of our best players, but they're only 6'8 and 6'7. What is our true strength? It's our three point shooting. We stuck to a gameplan where we strictly took advantage of that strength, and we found ourselves with our first W of the season. We won by a slim margin (69-67) but at half, it was 38-24. Hopefully, throughout the season we'll build on the halftimes leads instead of losing it. But for now, we need to enjoy the victory."

Maine shot 18/43 from 3 point land, .419. Tom Cox lead the team with 25 points and 6 rebounds. Donte Taylor also dished out 9 assists, while Ben Martin and Lorenzo Fountain got there first media time of the year, combining for 23 points.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Maine Drops to Fairfield

After Coach McNugget proclaimed that his team finally found their touch, they lost, a heartbreaker too. Maine was up 32-22 at half, and Fairfield found a way to come back.

"I don't know what we did wrong out there, scratch that, I don't know what they did wrong. I know what I did wrong. I took out our three point lineup which we had in for the vast majority of the game, they went on a 14-2 run, we were down 66-64. I put back in our three point guys but by then, it was too late. I take the blame for this one. We're finally finding ourselves though, I think we're going to start to show up, just in time for conference play too.

"Oh, did I mention? I have my hometown next week who failed to give me an offer, not even as a 3rd assistant. Better open your eyes Buffalo, because we're coming into this game for revenge, in the sake of my name."

Maine shot 15/30 from 3 point, Alan Blake led with 15 points and Donte Taylor put in another nice assist tally, dishing out 8.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Maine Beats Buffalo in OT

Another day, another game, but the same story.

Maine was up 42-30 at the half against Buffalo, somehow, someway, Buffalo came back and tied the game by the end of regulation. Maine pulled through it and won in overtime, but that's besides the point. This was the third game in a row where Maine was up by double-digits at halftime, and the final score was a 2 point game. Third time in as many games, Coach McNugget wasn't too happy about it.

"This s**t is really pissing me off. How the f**k do you manage to lose your halftime lead three games in a row? They're quite the lucky bunch that they pulled it out in overtime, or let me tell you, they wouldn't of enjoyed practice too much.

I do have to give credit where it's due though, Bickerstaf shot 9 of 13 for 19 points and Alan Blake got the game winning steal with 3 seconds left. Donte Taylor was once again a leader out there. We have Cambridge next, who are surprisingly 6-1. If we win, it'll be 3 out of 4, a good rebound to dropping our first 4."
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Maine Wins Third Game in Four Tries

Maine just demolished Cambridge. Cambridge seemed like they came in their pajamas too, they just never got rolling. It was a great game for Maine.

"I really appreciate what the guys did here, they gave it their all, and because of them we delivered a loss to a team that was rolling on all cylinders. Donte Taylor and Tom Cox led the team as usual. In our next game we have a 3-5 Cal. St Fullerton team, they're in the same position as us. We have three more games until conference play. In those games, 3 wins would give us a 6-5 record heading into conference play."

Tom Cox scored 37 points, shooting 10 for 15 from three point. Donte Taylor had 12 assists and Alan Blake added another 20 points. Overall, it was a good game for Maine, they won by a score of 87-64.
Elijah

Postby Elijah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Maine Wins Fourth Game out of Five

"They finally heard my pleading, we stepped it up and dominated the second half, it was a good hard fought win."

Maine finally won a second half, and in result, won their fourth game out of five, or third in a row. While Cox didn't show up shooting wise, he managed to grab ten boards. Donte Taylor is the clearcut leader, helping to 5 assists while Fountain led the attack with 17 points and shooting 5/11 from downtown. The final tally was a 70-59 win.

Maine plays the 0-8 Northwest D.C. next. They're hoping to get back to .500.
Elijah

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports