Philly Gym Rat (The Perry “QM” McMullin Story)

Awards

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 am

Awards for players who I am presently (or was previously) their coach:

Pac-12 Second Team All-Conference—Scott Robinson, Washington State

Pac-12 Second Team All-Conference—Gareth Lewis, Washington State

America East Defensive Player of the Year—Clay Houston, New Hampshire

America East Second Team All-Conference—Albert Howard, New Hampshire

America East Second Team All-Conference—Travis Stone, New Hampshire

America East Second Team All-Conference—Clay Houston, New Hampshire
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Records for Teams Coached Previously

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 am

New Hampshire finished with a 20-11 record after losing in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
PF Travis Stone scored 8.7 ppg and pulled down 6.6 rpg..
C Clay Houston scored 7.5 ppg and pulled down 6.6 rpg.
PG Kueth Kirtz scored 10.7 ppg and dished out 3.3. apg.
SG Albert Hall scored 10.6 ppg.
SF DeVante Smith scored 11.5 ppg.
Last year’s SF Byron Windlan must have run afoul of the coach since he got into only 2 games, averaging 2.5 mpg and 2.5 ppg.

CSU Bakersfield finished with a 15-14 record.
LeDaryl Waters averaged 13.9 ppg and Chris Aggers scored 10.2 ppg.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Season Review

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 am

How we did on goals:

Don’t finish last in conference—succeeded

Finish above .500—succeeded

Improve school prestige—succeeded

Our prestige improved to 34 (+2) while the Pac-12’s prestige declined to 75 (-2). So we’re still down near or at the bottom for prestige in the conference, but we’ve begun to narrow the gap.

Our facilities deteriorated during the season from a C- to a D+.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Jobs

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:15 am

There are a number of jobs I might be able to get if I were seriously looking, including Arizona State, Kansas State and DePaul. But I’m content where I am and need more time here to get this program on its feet.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Spring Recruiting

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:17 am

We signed two junior college players to go along with the 3 high school recruits we signed earlier. Here’s the complete list of new players we will have on our roster next year:

PF Jim O’Kelley, 6-6 JC So., Andalusia, AL. Season stats: 17.9 ppg, 3.3 apg, 11.5 rpg, 2.6 spg, 3.8 bpg. Excellent scorer with very good inside shooting skills, excellent rebounder, very good defensively, very good shot blocker, hard worker, not a leader but doesn’t cause problems. Ranked #43 in the nation. Overall rating: A.

PG Tommy Lewis, 6-4 JC So, Saginaw, MI. Season stats: 16.6 ppg, 6.4 apg, 4.9 rpg, 4.8 spg, 1.7 bpg. Very good scorer, excellent passer, very good ball handler, weak rebounder, excellent defensively, excellent stealing skills, great leader on and off the court. Ranked #49 in the nation. Overall rating: A.

SF Michael Oates, 6-6 HS Sr, Kettle Falls, WA. Season stats: 16.5 ppg, 3.4 apg, 4.4 rpg, 1.8 spg, 2.0 bpg. Excellent scorer with very good inside shooting skills, weak rebounder, strong athleticism, rarely missed practices, hard worker. Ranked #79 in the nation. Overall rating: B.

PG Stephen Lloyd, 6-7 HS Sr, Tacoma, WA. Season stats: 15.3 ppg, 4.2 apg, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 spg, 1.9 bpg. Very good scorer with very good inside shooting skills, very good passer, weak ball handler, strong athleticism. Ranked #86 in the nation. Overall rating: B.

PG Chris Durham, 6-1, HS Sr, South Hill, WA. Season stats: 11.6 ppg, 5.2 apg, 5.6 rpg, 3.5 spg, 1.9 bpg. Average scorer with very good outside shooting skills, excellent passer and ball handler, weak defensively, very good stealing skills, very strong athleticism, rarely missed practices, not a leader but doesn’t cause problems, hard worker, top 25 at the Las Vegas Revue. Ranked #1176 in the nation. Overall rating: C. (Although his ranking dropped significantly from early in the season, I’m impressed with his ball handling and passing skills (and how he performed at the Las Vegas Revue) and feel he may just what we need at the PG position, if he can learn how to run our offense and work on his defense.)
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Meeting with the Board

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:17 am

I requested improvements to our terrible facilities. The board approved the request and our facilities will be improved from a D+ to a C+ this coming year. Sure glad about this…D+ facilities for a Pac-12 school was just plain embarrassing. Some high school facilities were better than ours.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

A QM McMullin update

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:19 am

My present coaching ratings are now: Offense, 79 (+5), Defense-78 (+5), Recruiting, 36 (no change), Scouting, 33 (+1), Player Development, 83 (+5), Reputation, 35 (+2), Job Security, 100. My head coaching record now is 217-118 (.648). In 11 years as head coach, my teams have made it to the NCAA Tournament 6 times, never getting beyond the 2nd round and have made it to the CBI once. I have had 19 All-conference players, 5 All-American players, and 6 players drafted by the NBA, and I’ve been conference coach of the year twice.

Washington State extended my contract to 6 years and raised my salary to $181,000/year.

[Sidelight: This association was started before Gary fixed the head coach bug in CB2 where recruiting rating never changed. So that’s why my recruiting rating doesn’t rise (even though I’m a GREAT recruiter (LOL)). I could export and change this since recruiting should be in 70’s or 80’s by now, but I decided to let it go since it makes recruiting more difficult for me. I just guess QM’s personality is one of an SOB…and maybe that’s why he’s never married. Scouting also doesn’t rise much (very minor increases every 2 or 3 years), but again not worth worrying about.]
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Assistant Coaches

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:21 am

1st Asst: Dana Warfield, age 51, $60,000/yr for 4 years, ambition (high), academics (high), discipline (low), temper (very low), O (22), D (21), R (22), S (64), PD (22), Reputation (10).

2nd Asst: Erik Rolle, age 65, $35,000/yr for 4 years, ambition (very low), academics (very high), discipline (low), temper (average), O (24), D (21), R (22), S (21), PD (67) (+1), Reputation (10).

3rd Asst: Alex Grannum, age 53, $25,000/yr for 4 years, ambition (low), academics (average), discipline (low), temper (high), O (20), D (23), R (63), S (21), PD (20), Reputation (9).

[Sidelight: Wow! My assistants got dissed by CB2…only one rating change (a +1) between all 3 of them. Of course they got dissed by me and WSU also since none of them got a raise. Alex, who’s being paid just $25K a year, is living in a tent beneath a railroad trestle and hunting wild rabbits for dinner.]
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Pro Players

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:22 am

Players playing professionally in U.S. that I coached previously:

SG Jerell Brown, New York Knicks (NBA), 43 G, 0 starts, 6.3 mpg, 2.5 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.2 spg, 1.2 A/TO, 47% of FG, 30% of 3’s, 82% of FT’s, 82% of FGI, 36% of FGJ, 40% STP%, 2.4 EFF.

PG Randy Durham, Dakota Wizards (DBL), 29 G, 0 starts, 7.9 mpg, 2.6 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 1.6 apg, 0.1 spg, 3.5 A/TO, 50% of FG, 67% of 3’s, 71% of FT’s, 64% of FGI, 38% of FGJ, 35% STP%, 3.1 EFF
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:21 am

16 wins and the post season was a good start, PG. better things lie ahead in the immediate future!
CoachC

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports