The Rookie

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Doing great, Coach. Yep, the widgets were a great idea but they simply don't work the way Gary wanted them to. I love the info at the bottom of the screen WAY more than the widgets, but no way to separate the 2. What a great update that would be!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Bryan Swartz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't think the game generates a specific attendance figure per game or season.
Bryan Swartz

Postby fondfoat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Doing great, Coach. Yep, the widgets were a great idea but they simply don't work the way Gary wanted them to. I love the info at the bottom of the screen WAY more than the widgets, but no way to separate the 2. What a great update that would be!

Cheers Wayne. Yes, I can see how good they would be if they worked :) As for doing great, I am not really doing anything! :)

Thanks Bryan. I had seen a couple of threads where attendance was posted and thought it was a part of the game. Cheers.
fondfoat

Postby CoachC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 pm

No, attendance would be an interesting addition for the future though.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:35 am

I just make up attendance figures to sort of go with how well my team is doing. Fans everywhere tend to show up when the home team is winning.
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 am

That's what I do, too.
CoachC

Postby fondfoat » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 am

[color="Navy"]GAME DAY #05

Were we getting cocky? Maybe! There was a lot of "bring it oooonn" as we traveled to Kentucky to face the Murray State Racers. I must admit, I didn't mind it too much at all, but Coach spoke to us saying we should try and get their feet back on the ground. I pretty much ignored that!

So Murray State were 0-2. Both losses had been tight. Derek Kerr appeared to be their biggest threat. So here we are again looking to kick open that away record![/color]

fondfoat

Postby fondfoat » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 am

[color="DarkRed"]FIRST HALF[/color]

[color="Navy"]A really good start to the half. After 5 minutes we were up 14-11 and playing well. Calvin Barnes had already picked up 10 points in a flying individual start.

We fell into a bit of a hole over the next 5. We were throwing up some clankers and not looking smooth offensively after the nice start. We had only added 2 points to be trailing 16-22.

The next 5 minutes continued the roller coaster atmosphere. We took the lead 30-29 and it was actually those cursed 3 pointers that were working out for us.

Points dried up a little as the 1st half wound down. It was going to be a close 2nd half I felt.[/color]

[color="DarkGreen"]VANDALS 34 - RACERS 35[/color]

[color="DarkRed"]SECOND HALF[/color]

[color="Navy"]The first 5 minutes of the 2nd half were frustrating. We continued to attempt some 3s going 0-3. We were missing some chances but still working hard on D. It did start to look like we were struggling to hang on. We had fallen 42-46 behind.

Halfway through the half and we had tied it up 50-50. Maurice Williams was the man. Barnes had gone dead, but Maurice was filling in the slack. I had to say Coach was not using the bench much up until now. Saving it for the last 10 Coach?

Maybe it was a part of Coaches plan because he finally made some changes and the fresh legs gave us a good 5 minute period as we moved to a 59-56 lead. Gotta say that Murray State were looking weary!

It was a squeaker and we squeaked by 66-64. We had it out to 6 with a minute to go, but in the end survived! We are really pleased to be sitting 4-1 after a 5 away game stretch. We are looking forward to getting in some home time!
[/color]

fondfoat

Postby fondfoat » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:57 am

[color="Navy"]CONFERENCE TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL STATS AFTER FIVE.[/color]

fondfoat

Postby CoachC » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 am

The Vandals look like road warriors! If I were to start an association as an assistant, practice coach is the only way I'd go. Recruiting assistants job is done before the end of June, and the Scouting assistant takes too much work and too much time. If you'd chosen one of those you'd probably be pulling your hair out now. As practice assistant you at least get to feel you are a part of your teams success. Great start!
CoachC

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2 Dynasty Reports