Charlotte Wildcats Dynasty

Postby propthink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:16 am

When I returned to my desk I discovered that a trade proposal awaited me: the Portland Pioneers were offering me the sixth overall pick in the draft in exchange for center Bismack Biyombo. I was astounded. I had grown to like Biyombo considerably well, but a part of me had always known that he was not the future of this franchise. He was a talented player with a lot of heart, but a deal of this magnitude seemed too good to be true, and certainly too good to turn down. However, I was not without my doubts: I would be losing my starting option at center without a clear indication of who I could select with the sixth overall pick, and very little time to organize a trade. In fact, I already had another major trade in the works and time was slipping away. Before I could collect my thoughts, I was approached by Jordan Michaels:

“Am I hearing this correctly? Did Portland just offer their first round pick for Biyombo?”

“Yes, sir, they did.”

“And obviously we are taking the deal, right?”

“Well, this could be a brilliant opportunity, but I have my doubts that-“

“There is no way you can talk me out of this. I let you have Kidd-Gilchrist, but in this instance I am putting my foot down. Take the deal. Pick someone, trade it away, I don’t care what we have to do to get the maximum value out of that, but take the deal and make it work.”

I still held serious doubts about the situation, but the boss had spoken, and I was hardly in a position to fire back given the autonomy I had been given thus far. I also understood the media firestorm that would rain down upon Charlotte should I reject the deal. Tensions were already high and I understood the value of keeping the peace. I accepted the deal, and in the meantime, the Washington Americans had selected Thomas Robinson with the third overall pick.

The Cleveland Knights were on the clock, but were making careful considerations before they announced their selection. In what little time I had been given, I began to examine the talent remaining on the board, making considerations as to who I could select with the sixth overall pick. It seemed that the best player left on the board was center Andre Drummond, and it was possible that he could fall to us. However, I had my doubts about his skill set, especially his rebounding abilities, and eventually concluded that he would not be the best option in the long term. Power forwards John Henson, Arnette Moultrie and Jared Sullinger were also viable options, but again, none demonstrate the skill set I needed at that position. Bradley Beal was perhaps the most fitting candidate, but it seemed impossible that he would fall to us. Sure enough, my suspicious were confirmed when the Cleveland Knights selected Beal with the fourth overall pick.

It was becoming painfully obvious that I would need to shop the pick around. Remembering that I was still in the market for a power forward, and knowing I was running low on time, I decided to explore the possibility of solving all of my problems with one big trade. I was still very high on both Ekpe Udoh and Tristan Thompson, and in looking for Biyombo’s replacement, I happened to take interest in Udoh’s teammate Samuel Dalembert. At the ripe old age of 31, I held no illusions that he could be a significant contributor to the team for years to come. However, his experience and refined physical abilities, which included a skill set that seemed to complement my system surprisingly well, were more than enough to tip me over the edge. I began to negotiate a trade over the phone as the Sacramento Royals announced that they had selected Jared Sullinger with the fifth overall pick in the draft.

I was on the clock, but my negotiations with the Milwaukee Moose were well under way. I knew that I wanted Ekpe Udoh and Samuel Dalembert, and I was easily willing to give up both Matt Carroll and DeSagana Diop along with the sixth overall pick. However, I couldn’t help but feel that we deserved a little more value in the deal, and thus I also demanded their first round draft pick, fourteenth overall. When I needed to grease the wheels a little bit, I offered our second round pick knowing how little value it was to us. Eventually we reached an agreement, and the Milwaukee Moose went on to select Andre Drummond with the sixth overall pick in the draft.

I may have received some criticism from the media and my peers, having given up such a valuable draft pick, but I felt relieved: I knew that I was painted into a corner, faced with a decision that only meant selecting a player who would be of relatively little value within the context of our system. Instead, I was able to acquire two potential starters and another, less valuable draft pick which presented an opportunity in itself to secure more relevant talent. I waited in anticipation as the fourteenth overall pick quickly approached.

When the time came for me to make a selection at the fourteenth overall pick, the leading candidates in consideration were small forward Moe Harkless and point guard Kendall Marshall. Either player would be expected to play off the bench and fill extremely valuable second string positions (behind Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Kemba Walker, respectively). Ultimately I decided that Marshall’s leadership skills and elite passing abilities gave him an edge over Harkless, and it was thus that I announced our selection.

My day was over, but there were many selections left to be made. I retreated to my office and watched as the rest of the draft unfolded. I was very happy with the day’s work, but tried to keep myself focused on the contract decisions that lied ahead.
propthink

Postby propthink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 am

Draft Recap:

R1P1 – Anthony Davis [New Orleans Wasps]
R1P2 – Michael Kidd-Gilchrist [Charlotte Wildcats]
Trade: C Bismack Biyombo (Charlotte Wildcats) <> 2012 First Round Pick [#6] (Portland Pioneers)
R1P3 – Thomas Robinson [Washington Americans]
R1P4 – Bradley Beal [Cleveland Knights]
R1P5 – Jared Sullinger [Sacramento Royals]
Trade: 2012 First Round Pick [#6], 2012 Second Round Pick, SG Matt Carroll, C DeSagana Diop (Charlotte Wildcats) <> PF Ekpe Udoh, C Samuel Dalembert, 2012 First Round Pick [#14] (Milwaukee Moose)
R1P6 – Andre Drummond [Milwaukee Moose]
R1P7 – Harrison Barnes [Golden State Spartans]
Trade: PG Jose Juan Barea, C Brad Miller (Minnesota Coyotes) <> SG Stephen Jackson, 2012 Second Round Pick (San Antonio Outlaws)
R1P8 – Damien Lillard [Toronto Dinos]
Trade: SG Dahntay Jones, 2012 First Round Pick [#26] (Indiana Racers) <> SG Evan Turner (Philadelphia Freedom)
R1P9 - Meyers Leonard [Detroit Gears]
R1P10 – Perry Jones III [New Orleans Wasps]
R1P11 – John Henson [Portland Pioneers]
R1P12 – Terrence Jones [Houston Blast]
R1P13 – Dion Waiters [Phoenix Beams]
R1P14 – Kendall Marshall [Charlotte Wildcats]
R1P15 – Arnette Moultrie [Philadelphia Freedom]
R1P16 – Moe Harkless [Houston Blast]
Trade: SF Mike Dunleavy, 2012 Second Round Pick (Milwaukee Moose) <> SG J.J. Redick (Orlando Mystics)
R1P17 – C Tyler Zeller [Dallas Rangers]
R1P18 – Royce White [Houston Blast]
R1P19 – Terrence Ross [Orlando Mystics]
Trade: SF Royce White (Houston Blast) <> SF Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 2012 Second Round Pick (Milwaukee Moose)
R1P20 – Marquis Teague [Denver Peaks]
R1P21 – Fab Melo [Boston Irish]
R1P22 – Austin Rivers [Boston Irish]
R1P23 – Tony Wroten [Atlanta Eagles]
R1P24 – Quincy Miller [Cleveland Knights]
R1P25 – Andrew Nicholson [Memphis Roar]
Trade: SG Louis Williams (Philadelphia Freedom) <> SG Avery Bradley, 2012 Second Round Pick (Boston Irish)
R1P26 – Jeremy Lamb [Philadelphia Freedom]
R1P27 – Furkan Aldemir [Miami Burn]
Trade: SG Von Wafer, SF Earl Clark, 2012 Second Round Pick (Orlando Mystics) <> SF Omri Casspi (Cleveland Knights)
R1P28 – JaMychal Green [Oklahoma City Twisters]
Trade: PF Arnette Moultrie, 2012 Second Round Pick (Philadelphia Freedom) <> C DeJuan Blair (San Antonio Outlaws)
R1P29 – Mike Scott [Chicago Bison]
R1P30 – Maalik Wayns [Golden State Spartans]
R2P1 – Tyshawn Taylor [Orlando Mystics]
R2P2 – Reggie Hamilton (Washington Americans]
Trade: PF Dante Cunningham, SF Quincy Pondexter (Memphis Roar) <> PG Will Bynum, 2012 Second Round Pick (Detroit Gears)
R2P3 – Scott Machado [Cleveland Knights]
R2P4 – J’Covan Brown [Chicago Bison]
R2P5 – Draymond Green [Sacramento Royals]
Trade: 2012 Second Round Pick (New York Metros) <> PG J’Covan Brown (Chicago Bison)
R2P6 – Quincy Acy [Golden State Spartans]
R2P7 – Marcus Denmon [Toronto Dinos]
R2P8 – Kris Joseph [Denver Peaks]
R2P9 – Dee Bost [Detroit Gears]
R2P10 – Festus Ezeli [Portland Pioneers]
R2P11 – Jared Cunningham [Portland Pioneers]
R2P12 – Doron Lamb [Houston Blast]
R2P13 – Kyle O’Quinn [Atlanta Eagles]
Trade: SF Dorell Wright (Golden State Spartans) <> SG Jeremy Lamb, 2012 Second Round Pick (Philadelphia Freedom)
R2P14 – Jeffrey Taylor [Memphis Roar]
R2P15 – Drew Gordon [Golden State Spartans]
R2P16 – Will Barton [New York Metros]
Trade: SF Al-Farouq Aminu (New Orleans Wasps) <> SG Alec Burks, 2012 Second Round Pick (Utah Blues)
R2P17 – Khris Middleton [New Orleans Wasps]
R2P18 – Tomas Satoransky [New Orleans Wasps]
R2P19 – Kevin Jones [Cleveland Knights]
R2P20 – Tu Holloway [Denver Peaks]
R2P21 – Bernard James [Philadelphia Freedom]
R2P22 – Kim English [Los Angeles Riders]
R2P23 – Kevin Murphy [Golden State Spartans]
R2P24 – Kostas Papanikolao [Dallas Rangers]
R2P25 – Chris Johnson [San Antonio Outlaws]
R2P26 – William Buford [Chicago Bison]
R2P27 – Cameron Moore [Brooklyn Hoops]
R2P28 – John Jenkins [Minnesota Coyotes]
R2P29 – Xavier Gibson [Minnesota Coyotes]
Trade: PF Andrew Nicholson (Memphis Roar) <> PG Tony Wroten (Atlanta Eagles)
R2P30 – Tony Mitchell [Los Angeles Waves]
propthink

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:33 pm

"neural cocktail of readiness and acceptance"--nice turn of a phrase!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby propthink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm

PointGuard wrote:"neural cocktail of readiness and acceptance"--nice turn of a phrase!

Thank you :)
propthink

Postby zike_42 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

I love Ekpe Udoh and Kendall Marshall can be a great starting PG in the future but giving up the chance to get an All Star C in Andre Drummond is probably going to bite you. Loving the dynasty, great write-ups. I'll be following for sure.
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby propthink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 pm

zike_42 wrote:I love Ekpe Udoh and Kendall Marshall can be a great starting PG in the future but giving up the chance to get an All Star C in Andre Drummond is probably going to bite you. Loving the dynasty, great write-ups. I'll be following for sure.

Yeah, I still feel very conflicted about passing on Drummond, but honestly two of my biggest considerations were how high his scoring potential is and how expensive his contract is going to be down the road. I like to build my team around the PG, SG, and SF, meaning I'd probably run out of cap space in a hurry (although I have yet to find my shooting guard of the future). Also, I design my team around the expectation that those three positions will handle the greatest volume of shots, and in my experience having a center with such a high scoring ability really throws things off kilter.

I am rambling, but basically I came away from the situation thinking that Andre Drummond is actually too good for my purposes. This probably will come back to bite me, or at least set me back, but in the grand scheme of things it fits my system better and I like to think that I will be more pleased with the end result because of it.
propthink

Postby propthink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:29 pm

All things considered, I was extremely pleased with the draft. Michael-Kidd Gilchrist, Kendall Marshall, Ekpe Udoh and Samuel Dalembert were all valuable additions to the team, and I could sense that we were slowly putting together a competitive team. In the meantime, I was six million dollars over the cap and faced with several important contract decisions. The following players were eligible for free agency:

PG D.J. Augustin ($6,472,938)
SF Jamario Moon ($133,214)
SF Derrick Brown ($1,281,583)
SF Reggie Williams ($3,750,000)
PF Eduardo Najera ($3,900,000)
PF D.J. White ($4,002,334)

I was already of the opinion that D.J. Augustin would not be sought after, and the addition of Kendall Marshall only gave me another reason to renounce our qualifying offer. The same could be said for Jamario Moon and Cory Higgins; there was simply no room for them on the team, regardless of how ridiculously cheap their contracts were. Neither Eduardo Najera nor D.J. White could justify their contracts and they, too, were renounced. I decided that I wanted to keep either Derrick Brown or Reggie Williams to help fill out the bottom of the small forward position. Both players demonstrated very similar levels of talent, and thus Derrick Brown was given the nod due to his significantly cheaper contract. He was given a qualifying offer while Reggie Williams’ contract was renounced.

I ended the day about twelve and a half million dollars under the cap, which gave me plenty of room to add some additional talent through free agency and hold on to at least some cap space for later. I also used the rookie option on Kemba Walker, Kendall Marshall, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Ekpe Udoh, extending each contract by one year. Heading into the summer leagues, my roster looked as such (an asterisk indicates a starter at that position; multiple asterisks at a single position indicates that a starter has yet to be deterimed; dual asterisks indicates a pending contract):

PG Kemba Walker* [3.0/4.5]
PG Kendall Marshall [2.5/3.0]

SG Gerald Henderson* [3.0/3.5]
SG Ben Gordon* [2.5/2.5]

SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist* [3.0/5.0]
SF Derrick Brown** [2.5/2.5]

PF Ekpe Udoh* [2.5/3.5]
PF Tyrus Thomas [2.5/2.5]

C Samuel Dalembert* [3.5/3.5]
C Byron Mullens [2.5/3.0]

I was very happy with the progress we were making, but I also knew that I would need to take full advantage of the free agency period to fill in some missing pieces. In the meantime, however, it was time for the Summer League, which provided me with an excellent opportunity to scout some of our younger talent.
propthink

Postby propthink » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 am

In preparation for the Summer League, the following players from our own roster were nominated for summer play:

PG Kemba Walker
PG Kendall Marshall
SG Gerald Henderson
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF Ekpe Udoh

The following players were also invited to help fill out the roster:

SG Terrence Williams
SF Marqus Blakely
PF DeShawn Sims
C Brian Zoubek
C Hasheem Thabeet
SG Othyus Jeffers
PF Herbert Hill

Game 1: Charlotte Wildcats @ Minnesota Coyotes
Final Score: CHA 95, MIN 107
Player of the Game: Malcolm Lee (MIN)
Minnesota handled us pretty easily throughout; we played a decent game, even outscoring Minnesota in the second and fourth quarters, but we could only capture the lead once.
Notable Performances:
PG Kemba Walker [7 PTS, 15 A, 6 REB]
SG Gerald Henderson [23 PTS, 1 A, 6 REB]
PF Ekpe Udoh [22 PTS, 1 A, 7 REB]

Game 2: Los Angeles Riders @ Charlotte Wildcats
Final Score: LAR 75, CHA 115
Player of the Game: Kemba Walker (CHA)
We absolutely dominated this game, leading by as many as 43 points and losing the lead only once. Kemba Walker had an excellent game and showed flashes of his impressive leadership skills.
Notable Performances:
PG Kemba Walker [24 PTS, 5 AST, 5 REB]
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist [13 PTS, 4 AST, 5 REB]

Game 3: Toronto Dinos @ Charlotte Wildcats
Final Score: TOR 99, CHA 85
Player of the Game: Manny Harris (TOR)
We remained somewhat competitive throughout, but we were unable to do enough to come away with the win.
Notable Performances:
PG Kemba Walker [20 PTS, 7 A, 4 REB]
SG Terrence Williams [17 PTS, 1 A, 3 REB]
C Hasheem Thabeet [2 PTS, 0 A, 10 REB]

Game 4: Charlotte Wildcats @ Cleveland Knights
Final Score: CHA 98, CLE 86
Player of the Game: Kemba Walker (CHA)
Once again, we dominated the game throughout under the shining leadership abilities of Kemba Walker. Kendall Marshall registered impressive numbers as well despite playing for under twenty minutes, and Gerald Henderson was also demonstrating flashes of brilliance. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, however, had not been particularly impressive up to that point, and I hoped that he would benefit from the experience of training camp.
Notable Performances:
PG Kemba Walker [21 PTS, 6 AST, 3 REB]
PG Kendall Marshall [14 PTS, 7 AST, 5 REB]
SG Gerald Henderson [19 PTS, 5 REB]

Game 5: New Orleans Wasps @ Charlotte Wildcats
Final Score: NO 84, CHA 76 (OT)
Player of the Game: Gustavo Ayon
Despite a valiant effort on our part, a falling-out during overtime cost us a win against the New Orleans Wasps. Kemba Walker continued to impress while Michael Kidd-Gilchrist demonstrated some signs of improvement.
Notable Performances:
Kemba Walker [25 PTS, 2 A, 2 REB]
C Hasheem Thabeet [4 PTS, 10 REB]

Final Record: 2-3
More than anything, I was extremely impressed with Kemba Walker, and was growing even more confident in my decision to give him the starting position. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist showed flashes of brilliance but seemed uncomfortable and inconsistent throughout. Gerald Henderson and Ekpe Udoh performed well but left something to be desired. I knew that improvements would have to be made, and hoped that training camp would help bring things together. With that said, it was very assuring that we were able to pull off a couple of wins. In the meantime, the free agency was upon us.
propthink

Postby propthink » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:09 am

Heading into the free agency period, my biggest concerns revolved around filling in the bench. However, I was open to the possibility of signing a starting option at shooting guard, power forward, or center, if the right opportunity presented itself.

One of my biggest needs was at the shooting guard position; it was evident that Gerald Henderson and Ben Gordon would be competing for the starting position, but I was of the opinion that having a third string option would be extremely invaluable. Possible candidates included Terrence Williams, Ben Uzoh, and Terrel Harris. Terrence Williams was a member of our Summer League team and had impressed me greatly, but he was the most expensive option by a wide margin. I offered him a one year contract worth $7,250,000, not expecting that he would accept the offer in the end. On paper, Ben Uzoh was a better option than Terrel Harris, but I could not bring myself to ignore Harris’ intangibles and he was offered a one year contract worth $1,350,000.

Another immediate need was a solid second-string option at the small forward position. The leading candidates were Chris Douglas-Roberts, who was offered a two year contract worth $7,323,600, and Donte Greene, who was offered a one year contract worth $2,750,000. I also offered rookie Stanley Robinson a one year contract worth $1,500,000. He was a third-string option at best, but his defensive skills made quite an impression on me. At the power forward position, Jon Leuer was offered a two year contract worth $7,145,005.

The following day, Terrence Williams outright rejected our offer, as expected. Two days later, we were no closer to closing any of our deals. I retracted our offers for Donte Greene and Jon Leuer in the hopes of using the available cap space to secure our greatest needs. The next day, I submitted new offers to Chris Douglas-Roberts, Stanley Robinson, and Terrel Harris. The next day, Stanley Robinson and Terrel Harris both accepted two year contracts worth $2,943,500 and $2,537,500 respectively. Chris Douglas-Roberts continued to play hard to get, but he eventually agreed to a two-year deal worth $5,734,750.

After all was said and done, I was $7,158,890 under the cap, so I decided that I could probably afford to invest in at least one or two single-year deals and still have cap space to work with next year. I had my eye on power forward Marreese Speights for some time, and determined that (if I could sign him) he could potentially compete for the starting position against Ekpe Udoh. I offered him a one year deal worth $5,615,000, but ultimately the Brooklyn Hoops stole him from under me.

I extended another offer to power forward Jon Leuer, a one year deal worth $2,650,000, while offering $2,450,000 to James Singleton. In an unexpected turn of events, both players agreed to their respective offers the following day. At some point, Oklahoma City had picked up Derrick Brown. I was only two million dollars under the cap, which was more than what I wanted to spend, but approximately $18 million worth of contracts were set to expire during the next off season, so I was confident that I would have enough to work with during the next off-season.

Shortly before the free agency period ended, I was approached by team owner Jordan Michaels: “I think that we have assembled a fine team. Maybe we could even sneak into the playoffs. What do you think?”

Despite his tendency to load his questions, I remained impressed (and somewhat confused) by Michaels’ undying optimism. However, I knew he was being completely unrealistic, and I knew I had to walk the line between a bitter truth and a sweet lie: “We have a competitive team, so we will have to wait and see what happens. At the very least, we have a good foundation going into the future.”

I really did believe that we had a strong foundation of players with the potential to be competitive, but the playoffs were not going to happen; there was no issue of “wait and see.” Michaels seemed to accept this answer, at least for now, buying time for reality to sink in.

I readily accepted that the Wildcats were not one of the sixteen best teams in the league. However, another number would prove to hold a much more significant importance: twenty-nine.

July 21st, 2012:
Cleveland Knights sign Kevin Garnett to a 1-year contract worth $15,480,000
Charlotte Wildcats sign Stanley Robinson to a 2-year contract worth $2,943,500
Charlotte Wildcats sign Terrel Harris to a 2-year contract worth $2,537,500

July 22nd, 2012:
San Antonio Outlaws re-sign Tim Duncan to a 1-year contract worth $13,650,000
Utah Blues sign Kurt Thomas to a 1-year contract worth $1,352,181
Los Angeles (C) Riders re-sign Nick Young to a 3-year contract worth $22,575,000

July 23rd, 2012:
Golden State Spartans re-sign Brandon Rush to a 3-year contract worth $20,640,000
Boston Irish sign Ryan Anderson to an offer sheet for a 4-year contract worth $49,294,588
Charlotte Wildcats sign Chris Douglas-Roberts to a 2-year contract worth $5,734,750
Minnesota Coyotes sign Reggie Evans to a 1-year contract worth $1,352,181
Milwaukee Moose re-sign Carlos Delfino to a 3-year contract worth $19,672,500
New York Metros sign Devin Ebanks to an offer sheet for a 1-year contract worth $854,389
Sacramento Royals sign Greg Stiemsma to a 1-year contract worth $1,133,787

July 24th, 2012:
Utah Blues sign Ray Allen to a 1-year contract worth $5,000,000
Memphis Roar sign Ronny Turiaf to a 2-year contract worth $6,000,000

July 25th, 2012:
Brooklyn Hoops sign Boris Diaw to a 3-year contract worth $18,496,500
New York Metros sign Cartier Martin to a 1-year contract worth $1,900,000
Dallas Rangers sign Jason Terry to a 3-year contract with a player option worth $27,321,525
Los Angeles (C) Riders re-sign Chauncey Billups to a 1-year contract worth $4,200,000
Dallas Rangers sign Antonio McDyess to a 1-year contract worth $1,352,181
Toronto Dinos sign Jamal Crawford to a 3-year contract worth $21,026,880
Indiana Racers re-sign Roy Hibbert to a 5-year contract worth $62,186,250
Brooklyn Hoops re-sign Brook Lopez to a 5-year contract worth $67,045,000
New York Metros sign Courtney Lee to an offer sheet for a 4-year contract worth $20,000,000
Denver Peaks re-sign Andre Miller to a 1-year contract worth $6,375,000
Brooklyn Hoops sign Marreese Speights to an offer sheet for a 3-year contract worth $13,055,172
Sacramento Royals sign Nicolas Batum to an offer sheet for a 4-year contract worth $46,511,826
Brooklyn Hoops re-sign Deron Williams to a 5-year contract worth $74,002,500
Minnesota Coyotes sign DaJuan Summers to a 1-year contract worth $885,120
Los Angeles (L) Waves sign Rashad McCants to a 1-year contract worth $915,852
Houston Blast re-sign Chandler Parsons to a 4-year contract worth $20,000,000
Minnesota Coyotes sign Ivan Johnson to a 1-year contract worth $3,000,000

July 26th, 2012:
San Antonio Outlaws sign Ben Wallace to a 1-year contract worth $1,352,181
Charlotte Wildcats sign James Singleton to a 1-year contract worth $2,450,000
Brooklyn Hoops sign T.J. Ford to a 1-year contract worth $1,229,255
Boston Irish sign Ryan Anderson to a 4-year contract worth $49,294,588
Portland Pioneers sign Jared Jeffries to a 2-year contract worth $4,487,204
Golden State Spartans re-sign Nate Robinson to a 4-year contract worth $20,000,000
Portland Pioneers sign Matt Barnes to a 4-year contract with a team option worth $26,047,000
Houston Blast re-sign Goran Dragic to a 4-year contract with a team option worth $32,440,500
Los Angeles (L) Waves match the offer to re-sign Devin Ebanks to a 1-year contract worth $854,389
Cleveland Knights sign Gerald Green to a 4-year contract with a team option worth $24,311,074
Charlotte Wildcats sign Jon Leuer to a 1-year contract worth $2,650,000

July 27th
July 28th
(Somehow I managed to lose the information for these two days.)

July 29th, 2012:
J.J. Hickson accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Portland Pioneers worth $2,686,053
New York Metros re-sign J.R. Smith to a 3-year contract worth $9,405,000
Anthony Randolph accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Minnesota Coyotes worth $3,239,616
Indiana Racers sign Marcus Camby to a 1-year contract worth $3,604,375
Eric Gordon accepts a 1 year tender offer from the New Orleans Wasps worth $4,110,092
Michael Beasley accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Minnesota Coyotes worth $6,537,889
Brooklyn Hoops sign Nenad Krstic to a 2-year contract worth $2,344,259
Los Angeles (L) Waves sign Grant Hill to a 1-year contract worth $1,352,181
Robin Lopez accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Phoenix Beams worth $3,205,597
Dallas Rangers sign Steve Nash to a 1-year contract worth $4,121,125
Jerryd Bayless accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Toronto Dinos worth $3,331,905
Rudy Fernandez accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Denver Peaks worth $2,550,245
San Antonio Outlaws sign Joel Przybilla to a 2-year contract worth $2,765,210
George Hill accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Indiana Racers worth $2,463,572
New Orleans Wasps sign Kris Humphries to a 4-year contract worth $38,045,700
Utah Blues re-sign C.J. Miles to a 2-year contract worth $11,205,000
San Antonio Outlaws sign Mehmet Okur to a 2-year contract worth $2,765,210
JaVale McGee accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Denver Peaks worth $2,795,315
Los Angeles (C) Riders sign Alonzo Gee to a 1-year contract worth $3,000,000
Luke Harangody accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Cleveland Knights worth $984,511
Dexter Pittman accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Miami Burn worth $984,511
Semih Erden accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Cleveland Knights worth $984,511
Jeremy Evans accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Utah Blues worth $984,511
Landry Fields accepts a 1 year tender offer from the New York Metros worth $984,511
Omer Asik accepts a 1 year tender offer from the Chicago Bison worth $2,318,160

July 30th, 2012:
New York Metros re-sign Baron Davis to a 2-year contract worth $3,318,251
Boston Irish sign Chris Kaman to a 4-year contract worth $36,914,150
Memphis Roar match the offer to re-sign O.J. Mayo to a 4-year contract worth $20,000,000
San Antonio Outlaws sign Vince Carter to a 1-year contract worth $3,000,000
Los Angeles (C) Riders sign Willie Green to a 2-year contract worth $2,513,826
Phoenix Beams sign Jordan Farmar to a 4-year contract with a team option worth $26,772,900
Brooklyn Hoops sign Shaun Livingston to a 2-year contract worth $2,501,374

July 31st, 2012:
Orlando Mystics sign Aaron Gray to a 1-year contract worth $1,900,000
Indiana Racers sign Jermaine O'Neal to a 2-year contract worth $2,765,210
Chicago Bison sign Leandro Barbosa to a 2-year contract worth $2,513,826
Miami Burn sign Jason Thompson to a 3-year contract worth $9,000,000
Orlando Mystics sign Brandon Bass to a 1-year contract worth $5,000,000

August 1st, 2012:
Atlanta Eagles sign Andrei Kirilenko to a 4-year contract worth $20,000,000
Phoenix Beams sign Josh Harrellson to a 2-year contract worth $8,384,500

August 2nd, 2012:
Brooklyn Hoops sign Carl Landry to a 2-year contract worth $5,000,000
Orlando Mystics sign Greg Oden to a 2-year contract worth $1,810,070
New Orleans Wasps sign Antawn Jamison to a 1-year contract worth $8,550,000
Oklahoma City Twisters sign Derrick Brown to a 1-year contract worth $5,000,000
Philadelphia Freedom re-sign Lavoy Allen to a 1-year contract worth $1,900,000
Golden State Spartans re-sign Jeremy Tyler to a 2-year contract worth $1,595,100

August 3rd, 2012:
Memphis Roar sign Jeff Foster to a 1-year contract worth $1,352,181
Chicago Bison sign Shannon Brown to a 2-year contract worth $2,187,145
New York Metros sign Reggie Williams to a 2-year contract worth $1,810,070

August 4th, 2012:
Los Angeles (C) Riders sign Brandon Roy to a 1-year contract worth $992,680
propthink

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports