New York, New York! Bringing a championship home

Postby Myles Nelson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Fair enough. I personally like riding out a team as long as possible, my goal has always been to match the Celtics who won 11 out of 13. Closest I have come so far was winning 7 out of 10.
Writer of Heading to the Big Easy (DDSPB3), Rising to the Top of the Pac-12 (DDSCB2), and Motor City Basketball: Restoring the Piston's Glory (DDSPB2).
Myles Nelson

Postby zike_42 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 am

I renounce everyone apart from Chris Paul because I feel like we can pick them up cheap. I also pick up Waiters’ and Cooper’s rookie options.

We invite Waiters, Cooper and Avery Bradley for our Summer League team as well as some other guys that I really don’t care about but it would be nice to see a diamond in the rough.

Our first SL game is a 105-84 win over Memphis. Dion Waiters had 25 points off the bench (Bradley started) while SL pick up Nikola Pekovic put up 21 points and 12 rebounds. I don’t see Minnesota giving up Pekovic but it’s good to see him playing for someone else. Star draftee Thomas Cooper had 17 points in his debut but shot 3/10 from the free throw line. Donte Hammond was the best for the Grizzlies with 20 points on 9/10 shooting in only 21 minutes.

The Bucks had six players in double figures as they just overpower us 105-98. Avery Bradley was our best with 17 points while Dion Waiters was also good with 15 points in 21 minutes.

We get back to our winning ways with a 103-84 win over Phoenix as Thomas Cooper shows his potential with 22 points and 8 rebounds as we have six players in double figures. #3 pick Mike Lloyd had 19 points on 19 shots for the Suns.

Two in a row as we dismantle the Nuggets 125-101 with seven players in double figures, led by Thomas Cooper’s 23 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals. CJ Giles was great for Denver with 23 points and 9 rebounds.

We finish the Summer League with a 4-1 record as we beat the Hawks like never before, having a lead of 50 points on our way to a 129-89 win. Nikola Pekovic has great with 26 points and 14 rebounds while Jamal Fox had 20 points in 25 minutes for us.

A summary of our Summer League – Thomas Cooper = good, Thomas Cooper’s free throws (9/26, 35%!) = bad, Avery Bradley and Dion Waiters SG stocks = excellent, Nikola Pekovic = out of our price range.

So it’s on to Free Agency and we have one priority: to re-sign Chris Paul. Everything else is just to fill in the roster.

The top ten free agents are –

C Andrew Bynum
C Dwight Howard
PF Josh Smith
C Al Jefferson
PF Paul Millsap
PG Chris Paul
C Chris Kaman
C Samuel Dalembert
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Stephen Curry*
*Restricted.

CP3 doesn’t want a max contract, giving us a discount of around $1 million a year. It doesn’t sound like much but it is a nice gesture. His contract is a five year, $89.5 million deal. My other main goals are to get a back up PG and PF and then fill out the rest with good defence, good attitude guys.

How about that. Chris Paul re-signs with us on the second day, it’s great when things work out for both guys.

A few days later one of the biggest free agency signings in recent history occurred. Not as big as the Lebron/Miami signing but pretty damn close. After forcing his way out of Orlando to the Lakers to be the next Hall of Fame Centre Dwight Howard spurns Hollywood to sign a four year deal with San Antonio for nearly $20 million less than he could have got in Los Angeles.

Wow.

What is going on? On the next day the other big part of the Howard trade, Andrew Bynum, jumps ship to Cleveland in another four year deal worth nearly $70 million. Those Cavs are going to be scary good with Bynum and Kyrie Irving leading the way but sucks to Tyson Chandler who will now be getting paid $14 million a year to be a bench player.

This is a huge free agency period as Paul Millsap quits the Jazz to sign with Indiana worth $53 million over four years. This signals the end of David West at the Pacers so maybe we can get in cheap.

Some order is restored as Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Chris Kaman, Tyreke Evans and OJ Mayo re-sign with their respective teams for at least four years while I offer JJ Hickson a three year, $9 million contract to be our first PF off the bench. He is mulling it over.

Well that went out the window. He signs a 3 year, $24 million contract with Utah, while Jrue Holiday goes to Salt Lake City as well on a four year deal.

It’s tender offer accepting time as about 15 players of various skill levels accept a one year deal with their teams to become unrestricted free agents next season. Manu Ginobili signs with the Cavs on a one year deal and holy hell do they look good right now. On another note, the Lakers make up for losing Dwight Howard by signing 34 year old, ‘I’ve got nothing left’ Jermaine O’Neal to a two year deal. Yeah, that will help out.

JR Smith gets paid, $25 million to be (nearly) exact by the Spurs while Sam Dalembert gets paid by Washington for four years. I still have David West on the line and I offer Chauncey Billups, Devin Harris and Terrence Williams one year deals.

Damn, damn damn. Not only did Miami steal David West from us, Terrence Williams goes to San Antonio and Devin Harris signs with Washington! The nerve of those players. Billups sees the light and signs with us which is good if he can stay healthy. Philadelphia matches Utah’s offer for Jrue Holiday, seeing the PG staying with the 76ers for four more years. I still need a back up PF so I give ancient Elton Brand some love, as well as injury prone Greg Oden and bring back Ronnie Brewer if he will have me.

Brand didn’t like me calling him ancient so he goes to Brooklyn but Brewer and Oden both sign on the dotted line for us. Marreese Speights gets a contract offer from the Knicks while I hate doing it because he is a massive douchebag, I offer a two year contract to Furkan Aldemir, even if all we will hear from him and his Turkish fanbase is “bring on the Furkan!”

Yes! Both Speights and Furkan sign with us while the Lakers are still trying to fill their centre position, this time signing Zaza Pachulia to a 3 year deal which is pretty good for him. At 14 players and only $15 million over the cap we are done for the time being.

Training camp comes and goes and Thomas Cooper looks amazing. Not only is he already a top notch defender, his post game is to die for. We have another SG battle, this time its Avery Bradley and Dion Waiters eyeing each other off for that elusive starting position. As of right now it’s Waiters by a nose.

What! We are tipped to be sixth in the East! That is preposterous. Here are the pre-season rankings –

Eastern Conference
1 – Miami Heat
2 – Cleveland Cavaliers
3 – Washington Wizards
4 – Indiana Pacers
5 – Brooklyn
Last – Orlando

I can see Miami with their acquisition of David West and Cleveland nabbing Andrew Bynum but we are better than Washington, Indiana and Brooklyn. Jerks.

Western Conference
1 – San Antonio Spurs
2 – Sacramento Kings
3 – Oklahoma City Thunder
4 – Minnesota Timberwolves
5 – Denver Nuggets
Last – Houston Rockets

The Spurs are way out in front it’s not even funny both the rest of the teams all have factors for being that high. Except for the Kings, they won’t make the top five.

Here is your 2013-2014 New York Knicks –

PG – Chris Paul
SG – Dion Waiters
SF – Paul Pierce
PF – Thomas Cooper
C – Anderson Varejao
6th – Gerald Wallace
7th – Marcus Camby
8th – Marreese Speights
9th – Greg Oden
10th – Ronnie Brewer
11th – Avery Bradley
12th – Chauncey Billups
13th – Furkan Aldemir
14th – Pablo Prigioni
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:13 am

Mike Woodson has changed his mind with Avery Bradley now our starting SG which is probably for the best, defence first and then a offensive punch off the bench.

Our first game is a home loss to Atlanta, 100-94. Paul Pierce had 21 points and 11 rebounds but we shot 39% from the field and that will never win games. Jeff Teague played well for 19 points and 7 assists.

New York Knicks 0-1

After the game Ronnie Brewer has a go at Mike Woodson about playing time so I blast him back. It’s going to be hard for Mike to massage all of these egos because we are a deep team.

We get back on track with a 125-100 win over the now Andrew Bynum-less 76ers as Paul Pierce explodes for 33 points. Six players were in double figures for us while Thad Young was the best for the losers, with 22 points and 6 rebounds.

New York Knicks 1-1

Chicago are the next to fall to us, as we take care of business 113-89. Another six players were in double figures (including all five starters) with Avery Bradley leading the way with 21 points while Chris Paul plays helper with 18 points and 13 assists. Joakim Noah does his best with 15 points and 14 rebounds but Derrick Rose shoots 5/16 and has 5 turnovers.

New York Knicks 2-1

Charlotte came to town trying to knock us off but were sent packing as we win 98-84. Chris Paul decided that he wants to score the ball, putting up 25 points and only 4 assists with Dion Waiters doing his job off the bench with 16 points and 5 assists in only 19 minutes. Number one draft pick Dennis Freymond is playing well so far, this time putting up 19 points and 9 rebounds but only shot 3/10 from the foul line.

New York Knicks 3-1

It’s a battle of the Eastern Conference Finals, this time it went the other way as Miami exact revenge 111-90. Lebron James hasn’t forgotten about his loss, going 17/27 from the field and 14/14 from the foul line on his way to 51 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Our best was Chris Paul with 19 points and 9 assists but we just couldn’t stop King James all night long.

New York Knicks 3-2

The Timberwolves were 5-0, but they aren’t perfect anymore as we have a 28-16 third quarter on our way to a 111-102 win. Paul Pierce wins the player of the game award with 28 points but I was most impressed by Thomas Cooper’s 18 points and 9 rebounds on only 7/9 shooting. Kevin Love is his usual MVP self with 20 points and 12 rebounds but took 24 shots to get those points.

New York Knicks 4-2

I hate it when old teammates drill our new team, and that is exactly what Jeremy Lin does to us in Houston’s 104-96 win. Lin had 20 points and 10 assists to go with James Harden’s 23 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds and a whopping 9 turnovers. Anderson Varejao has a big game with 17 points and 14 rebounds but we couldn’t contain the ex-Knick Lin.

New York Knicks 4-3

Marc Gasol tries his hardest with 31 points, 11 rebounds and 6 blocks in a wonderful all around game but it wasn’t enough to stop his Memphis team losing 108-93 to us. Paul Pierce leads the way with 21 points but it was a big team effort with six players in double figures again.

New York Knicks 5-3

Worrying news is that Dion Waiters is having back spasms which will keep him from being 100% for nearly two weeks. I don’t like any problems to do with the back as they can linger for too long so I’ll keep an eye on this development.

Derrick Favors is finally growing into his potential this year (averaging 16 points, 11 rebounds and over 2 steals and blocks a game so far) and puts on a show with 23 points and 11 rebounds but we withstand another big game as the Knicks go in to win 105-94. It is the Paul Pierce and Chris Paul show as PP has 25 points and 8 rebounds while CP3 puts up 26 points, 8 assists and 5 rebounds in the win.

New York Knicks 6-3

Three wins in a row, this time it’s a 117-106 win over New Orleans. Chris Paul continues his fine form with 34 points and 10 assists while Paul Pierce is again his back up with 31 points of his own. The Hornets have six players in double figures but no-one got 20 points.

New York Knicks 7-3

Urgh. We lose to the very mediocre Raptors 109-100 as Kyle Lowry does his best CP3 impersonation with 22 points and 14 rebounds while new acquisition Patrick Patterson has 10 points and 8 rebounds in only 14 minutes off the bench. Our best would be Thomas Cooper with 15 points and 11 rebounds but the less we talk about this game the better.

New York Knicks 7-4

Two losses in a row, this time going down 91-88 to Chicago in the Windy City. Derrick Rose has a blinder with 21 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assists as they bully us on the boards, 59-41. Chris Paul has 21 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds before fouling out trying to guard Rose.

New York Knicks 7-5

We get back on track with a massive 98-84 against Miami who were 9-1 going into this game. Anderson Varejao shows Chris Bosh that he isn’t a centre with 26 points and 14 rebounds to Bosh’s 23 minutes before fouling out. Thomas Cooper beats up David West as well with 25 points and 8 rebounds. We still can’t stop Lebron James as he puts up 40 points but they don’t have any other player in double figures.

New York Knicks 8-5

I’m sick of losing to teams we should beat, even Cleveland with their addition of Andrew Bynum but we lost 110-104 in New York. Kyrie Irving has 21 points and 10 assists while Tyson Chandler draws first blood with 15 points and 10 rebounds in 21 minutes off the bench. Paul Pierce shoots a woeful 4/23 from the field on his way to 21 points (he went 12/12 from the line) but we shot 38% to their 48% which sucks.

New York Knicks 8-6

November finishes with a 103-85 away win over Milwaukee with Anderson Varejao showing his worth with 22 points, 16 rebounds and 6 steals with Thomas Cooper and Chris Paul also doubling up. The Bucks have a strange starting five with tiny Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis starting in the backcourt mixed with massive Ekpe Udoh, Ersan Ilyasova and Emeka Okafor in the front court. It’s like they are over-compensating for the small backcourt with a too big frontcourt.

New York Knicks 9-6

So at the end of the first month we are a disappointing 9-6, sitting sixth in the East which just isn’t good enough. As many experts have said, I might have blown this team up too much after winning the championship but it’s just my way. Miami are leading with a 11-2 record with the surprising Wizards not far behind on 13-3. Toronto are wasting away on the bottom of the ladder on 4-12 but they have company, with Atlanta and Orlando joining them on four wins.

In the West Minnesota and Oklahoma City are tied first on 11-5 with Denver one game behind but the huge surprise is that San Antonio are wallowing at 7-9, and if the playoffs started today they would be on the outside. Phoenix are last on 3-10 and the Dwight-less Lakers are second last with a 4-11 record.

New York Top Points
Paul Pierce – 18.7
Chris Paul – 18.4
Anderson Varejao – 12.9

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 9.5
Dion Waiters – 2.3
Pablo Prigioni – 2.0

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 10.7
Thomas Cooper – 6.9
Paul Pierce – 4.9

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 32.4
Kevin Love (MIN) – 32.3
Lebron James (MIA) – 31.5

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 12.3
Kyle Lowry (TOR) – 10.5
Ricky Rubio (MIN) – 10.2

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 12.2
Dwight Howard (SAS) – 11.9
LaMarcus Aldridge (POR) – 11.8

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 32.5
LaMarcus Aldridge (POR) – 31.4
Kevin Love (MIN) – 29.1

Rookie Top Efficiency
Dennis Freymond (CHA) – 17.6 (20.0 points, 1.9 assists, 8.8 rebounds, 0.7 steals and 0.0 blocks)
John Johnson (DET) – 16.3 (17.0 points, 1.6 assists, 3.6 rebounds, 0.5 steals and 0.6 blocks)
Mike Bailey (TOR) – 15.6 (12.7 points, 1.0 assists, 6.4 rebounds, 0.7 steals and 1.0 blocks)
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:28 am

November Player of the Month – Lebron James, Miami Heat – 31.5 points, 5.6 assists, 6.1 rebounds, 3.0 steals and 1.0 block per game.

November Rookie of the Month – Dennis Freymond, Charlotte Bobcats – 20.0 points, 1.9 assists, 8.8 rebounds, 0.7 steals and 0.0 blocks per game.

I’m a little miffed about our record but with a high amount of turnaround it’s probably just the kinks of getting to know each other so I’ll give the team another month to work things out.

The Lakers had no answer for us as we take care of them easily 112-94. Paul Pierce is doing is job with 32 points while Chris Paul helped out with 11 points, 13 assists and 6 rebounds. Kobe Bryant was the best for LA with 18 points but shot 5/14 from the field for those points.

New York Knicks 10-6

Wow. We shoot 58% from the field as we annihilate the Nuggets 132-90 as every one of our players scores at least one point. Gerald Wallace has 18 points off the bench while Dion Waiters has a great all around game with 6 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals in only 21 minutes. Kenneth Faried is the only Denver player to put up a fight with 26 points and 11 rebounds but this was a fun game for us.

New York Knicks 11-6

Each team as their starting five in double figures but it is Gerald Wallace for us who scored 18 points in 18 minutes as we beat Cleveland 103-93. Andrew Bynum is the best for the Cavs with 18 points, 14 rebounds and 4 blocks but Tyson Chandler only gets 11 minutes of game time for not much.

New York Knicks 12-6

That’s five wins in a row as we rout the Magic 125-102. Chris Paul is magnificent with 30 points and 18 assists but the most surprising player was Gustavo Ayon for Orlando with 26 points and 9 rebounds, on his way to fouling out Anderson Varejao in only 25 minutes.

New York Knicks 13-6

Damn I spoke too soon as we go down to Milwaukee 110-102. Anderson Varejao had 17 points and 15 rebounds but we shot 38% from the field, a whole 10% below the Bucks. Monta Ellis paced the winners with 21 points and 8 rebounds.

New York Knicks 13-7

Detroit have been interesting this season on their way to a 13-7 record but we halt their progress with a 106-80 win. I was excited to see rookie John Johnson play but he pulled his groin three minutes into the game and didn’t come back. Paul Pierce was our best with 24 points while the Pistons were lead by Greg Monroe’s 18 points and 9 rebounds.

New York Knicks 14-7

It’s the battle of New York and we get out to a 31 point lead with Chris Paul leading the way with 29 points and 9 assists. However, Brooklyn decided to have a go in the last quarter as they went on a 29-13 run, luckily for us we could withstand them to win 94-84. Kris Humphries is playing really well this season, tonight he had 14 points, 17 rebounds and 4 blocks playing out of position at centre. I wonder what Brook Lopez is going to feel only averaging 18 minutes a game.

New York Knicks 15-7

Holy hell Jeremy Lin put on a show in their win against Orlando. The ex-Knick shot 22/29 from the field on his way to 51 points and adding 8 assists and 5 rebounds. Good for him and I hope he goes far, just not against us.

Carmelo Anthony has been a tear lately as we travel to Staples Center to play the Clippers. It’s is all even after regulation but the Clippers had more legs as they take us down 118-110. Melo had 23 points and Blake Griffin put up 27 points before fouling out. Chris Paul shot a bit too much tonight, going 6/20 for 26 points but only 4 assists, while Anderson Varejao was great with 24 points and 10 rebounds.

New York Knicks 15-8

Another overtime game and it’s the same result as we lose to Golden State 120-116. For some reason Andrew Bogut won player of the game with 30 points, 12 rebounds and 5 blocks but it was Steph Curry who stole the show with 30 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds to record a triple double. Chris Paul was again our best with 27 points and 10 assists but Paul Pierce shot us out of the game, going 9/24 from the field for 21 points.

New York Knicks 15-9

We have our first trade of the season and it’s a pretty lop sided one.

Toronto trade:
SF Linas Kleiza

Phoenix trade:
PF Luis Scola
2014 2nd round pick

Winner – Toronto. I don’t know what Phoenix was doing here as not only is Scola a better player than Kleiza but his contract is shorter and cheaper. Poor choice by the Suns here.

Travelling to the desert we are pretty confident of winning against the Scola-less Suns and we do just that, winning 114-95. Chris Paul continues his good form with 20 points and 14 assists while Gerald Wallace puts up 16 points and 5 rebounds in only 19 minutes. Channing Frye is the best for Phoenix with 20 points but they just didn’t stand a chance against us.

New York Knicks 16-9

Anderson Varejao wins the player of the game award in our 117-103 win over Chicago with 17 points and 15 rebounds. Chris Paul and Derrick Rose go blow for blow as CP3 lands 27 points while Rose hits back with 33 points of his own, too bad Rose didn’t have any other back-up with the next highest point scorer being Marco Belinelli with only 16.

New York Knicks 17-9

Kevin Durant is the newest 50 point player with exactly 50 points, going 17/27 from the field and 15/21 from the line as he scores 52% of his team points as they beat Cleveland 96-92.

**TRADE**

Charlotte trade:
PF Byron Mullens

Dallas trade:
PG Rodrigue Beaubois
2014 2nd round pick

Winner – Dallas. Mullens is a terrible defender but he is the better player. So much for Roddy being untradeable.

We take care of Raptors 115-101 up north with Paul Pierce showing rookie Mike Bailey what real NBA players are like with 29 points and 9 rebounds while Anderson Varejao takes care of Jonas Valanciunas with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Andrea Bargnani had 23 points for Toronto but nothing much else.

New York Knicks 18-9

Gerald Wallace bruises his calf in our 100-83 win over Portland. There were two standouts for the Knicks with Paul Pierce rattling off 37 points against an excellent defender in Nic Batum while Anderson Varejao pulls down 21 rebounds. My man crush LaMarcus Aldridge had 27 points and 11 rebounds but was not assisted by any other Blazer in any way.

New York Knicks 19-9

On a few occasions I have enquired about Aldridge but the Blazers don’t want anything to do with it. I would love to see him in a Knick uniform but it is only a pipe dream at the moment.

On New Year’s Eve we withstand a fourth quarter comeback and 41 points from Kevin Durant as we beat the Thunder 96-94 to finish the year. Dion Waiters makes up for Paul Pierce’s 3/18 shooting with 17 points while Chauncey Billups wakes up enough for 10 points in 6 minutes.

New York Knicks 20-9

I’m much happier with this month’s performance, going 11-3 for the period. That puts us third in the East, behind Miami (24-4) and the upstart Wizards (22-8). Boston have fallen off a cliff and are one of three teams on eight wins in last place.

Minnesota are leading the way in the West with a 24-8 record, followed by Denver and San Antonio who went 13-2 for the month as they are starting to gel as well. The Lakers are one of four teams on 10 wins on the bottom of the ladder.

New York Top Points
Paul Pierce – 20.4
Chris Paul – 19.2
Anderson Varejao – 14.9

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 9.9
Dion Waiters – 2.8
Paul Pierce – 2.0

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 11.3
Thomas Cooper – 6.8
Paul Pierce – 5.1

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 34.5
Lebron James (MIA) – 31.2
Kevin Love (MIN) – 30.1

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 12.3
Kyle Lowry (TOR) – 10.4
Ricky Rubio (MIN) – 10.2

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 13.9
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 11.6
Kenneth Faried (DEN) – 11.6

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 31.5
Kevin Love (MIN) – 29.9
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 28.2

Rookie Top Efficiency
John Johnson (DET) – 16.8 (17.7 points, 1.6 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.6 blocks)
Dennis Freymond (CHA) – 14.4 (17.7 points, 1.6 assists, 8.1 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.0 blocks)
Mike Bailey (TOR) – 14.0 (11.1 points, 0.7 assists, 6.7 rebounds, 0.8 steals, 1.1 blocks)

First Round of NBA Draft Prospects

1 – C Ben Chambers (Middle Tennessee State), Sophomore, 7’5”, 298lbs
A massive, massive unit but is a slow as a wet week. Has good hands and fundamentals but he is just too big for college basketball at the moment.

2 – SF Andrew Owens (Standford), Freshman, 6’6”, 221lbs
Looks very confident for a freshman and a great scorer. He is short for a SF and will probably be a SG in the NBA.

3 – PG Charles Canady (Miami (FL)), Freshman, 6’6”, 196lbs
Very tall for a PG and will also probably be a SG in the NBA, he is an above average passer. Think scoring guard like Stephon Marbury.

4 – C Ernest Jameson (Oregon State), Senior, 6’11, 272lbs
A rebounding machine and has a great body for banging inside. Not the best scorer but will succeed in the NBA because of his rebounding.

5 – PF Matthew Edney (LSU), Freshman, 6’9”, 230lbs
Has oodles of potential and is getting by on his physical skills at the moment. Will need to work on his fundamentals this season to really get people’s tongues wagging.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:46 am

December Player of the Month – Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder – 36.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.1 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

December Rookie of the Month – John Johnson, Detroit Pistons – 19.0 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 0.7 steals and 0.6 blocks per game.

Johnson looks good so far, and those averages would be even higher if he hadn’t injured himself three minutes into our game and skewed his numbers.

A favourite ex-Knick is playing very well for his new team as Iman Shumpert is starting at PG for the Indiana Pacers. He is averaging 10.8 points, 7.4 assists (13th in league), 4.2 rebounds, 2.3 steals and 0.2 blocks per game and looks better every time I see him. I wish him all the luck in the world, but not so much that he plays well against New York.

Congratulations to Chris Paul for recording his first triple double for the season, putting up 28 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists and 4 steals in our 92-81 win over Charlotte. He totally demolished Kemba Walker who went 2/12 from the field and 4 turnovers. Rookie Dennis Freymond was their best with 19 points and 7 rebounds.

New York Knicks 21-9

It’s Paul Pierce’s time to shine with 31 points as we take care of Indiana 107-90. Chris Paul continues his fine form with 25 points, 10 assists and 6 rebounds. New recruit Paul Millsap was excellent with 23 points and 17 rebounds Iman Shumpert wasn’t very good with 7 points, 8 assists and 5 turnovers.

New York Knicks 22-9

**TRADE**

Philadelphia trade:
SG Nick Young

San Antonio trade:
2014 1st round pick

Winner – San Antonio. The pick will be very low while Nick Young can contribute to the team. They now have five SGs on the roster which may create minute problems.

We really shouldn’t lose to teams like Toronto but we did, 110-102, in New York. DeMar DeRozan is the best with 23 points and we didn’t have anyone of note. What’s worse is that Ronnie Brewer is complaining again about playing time so I let him have it.

New York Knicks 22-10

I’ve had enough of Ronnie Brewer complaining so I trade him to Atlanta for a second round pick. It’s probably not enough for him but he has no trade value at the moment.

Derrick Favors destroys Thomas Cooper for 21 points and 15 rebounds but we take the win, 111-90 against Utah. Paul Pierce is our best with 30 pints while Anderson Varejao nabs a double double.

New York Knicks 23-10

I hate losing to teams we shouldn’t, this time it’s to the below average New Orleans Hornets 96-92. Jason Terry at SF gets player of the game with 20 points as Paul Pierce has the flu, our best was Avery Bradley with 23 points but I really don’t want to talk about it.

New York Knicks 23-11

We lose to New Orleans but we beat San Antonio, in Texas mind you, 128-117 which really grinds my gears. Seven Knick players are in double figures being led by Thomas Cooper’s 20 points. Dwight Howard is Superman with his kryptonite, putting up 30 points and 11 rebounds but goes an astonishing 12/28 from the foul line.

New York Knicks 24-11

Howard is shooting his worst ever 46.9% from the foul line which is just embarrassing. For someone who wants to be his own man he certainly looks like a Shaq clone (minus the 500lbs).

Wow, what a game (for us anyway). We put up 90 points at half time on our way to a 140-94 win over Dallas. Chris Paul is the key culprit with 34 points and 14 assists while Dion Waiters has 18 points in 22 minutes off the bench. Dirk Nowitzki is of course the Mavs best player with 22 points and 5 rebounds but when a team gets hot like we did (59% from the field) there is no stopping them.

New York Knicks 25-11

It’s a home and home against Miami and we take the first leg in New York 125-105. Chris Paul is again our best player with 22 points and 16 assists while Gerald Wallace goes a phenomenal 10/10 from the field for 21 points and 5 rebounds in only 15 minutes. Lebron James is contained for 16 points while Chris Bosh actually does something against us with 31 points but it isn’t enough.

New York Knicks 26-11

Going into Miami is always tough but we make it look easy, winning 109-93 to put serious doubts in the Heat’s gameplan. Avery Bradley explodes on Dwyane Wade with 28 points as all five of our starters are in double figures. Chris Bosh is again the best for Miami with 22 points but Lebron goes 6/23 from the field for ‘only’ 20 points.

New York 27-11

What a statement those two games were, beating the giants in South Beach. I was going to do some shopping with those bad losses but I’m put away my trading gun for now.

A massive eight players are in double figures for us as we humiliate the 76ers 129-95 at home. Four bench players score 10 or more as we shoot 59% from the field to their 41%. The best for Philly is Spencer Hawes with 16 points but he negated that with four turnovers.

New York Knicks 28-11

**TRADE**

Toronto trade:
SG Landry Fields
2014 2nd round pick

Philadelphia trade:
PF Lavoy Allen
PG Aaron Brooks

Winner – Both. Brooks was released straight away so it’s Allen for Fields. Fields is the better player but he has a much bigger contract so both teams gets something out of it.

Philadelphia trade:
PF Boris Diaw
SF Donte Greene
C Ronny Turiaf

Detroit trade:
PG Jose Juan Barea
2014 2nd round pick

Winner – Detroit. Diaw still has some gas in the tank while Greene and Turiaf are decent. So is JJ but 3 decent players vs. one is the winner.

Finally! A win over a team we should beat. The score is 120-89 on the right side against Detroit. Paul Pierce puts up 26 points and 8 rebounds while Dion Waiters is doing what I want him to do and score lots off the bench with 17 points in 18 minutes. Greg Monroe is injured so it was Kyle Singler who paced the Pistons with 19 points. The Furkan made an appearance as well which is always fun in a stupid kind of way.

New York Knicks 29-11

Golden State are good this season and they take us to the limit but we prevail 97-93. Chris Paul has 17 points, 16 assists, 5 rebounds and 6 steals but it’s Thomas Cooper who steals the show with 21 points and 9 rebounds. Steph Curry is equally strong with 29 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists but had absolutely no help from his teammates.

New York Knicks 30-11

Since our loss to New Orleans we have rattled off eight wins in a row, the latest victims are Memphis 108-95. For some reason Paul Pierce wins player of the game with 34 points and 8 rebounds but in my mind when a guy records a triple double they should win it. That guy is Chris Paul with numbers of 22 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds who was amazing. Marc Gasol was the best for the Grizzlies with 16 points and 11 rebounds.

New York Knicks 31-11

We have a Marreese Speights sighting in our 111-86 away win over Philadelphia. The rarely seen Speights had 10 points in 11 minutes in our blowout win as the 76ers shot a woeful 33% from the field. The biggest problem was Jrue Holiday’s 3/20 shooting.

New York Knicks 32-11

It’s nice beating up on an elite team, and this time it was a 126-81 win over San Antonio. Dwight Howard was the only player in double figures for the Spurs with 18 points, 19 rebounds and 6 blocks as Gerald Wallace had 21 points off the bench. Thomas Cooper held Tim Duncan to only 4 points which was exciting (for Cooper).

New York Knicks 33-11

Washington trade:
PG Devin Harris

Philadelphia trade:
2014 2nd round pick

Winner – Neither. Although Harris is a quality bench PG on an expiring contract he is stuck behind three other PGs while the Wizards gave him up for nothing after signing him in the off-season.

Our last game for the month is a shellacking. We have four players over 20 points as we get out to a 54 point lead over Orlando, winning the game 134-86. Avery Bradley leads the way with 27 points in 26 minutes while Gerald Wallace has 23 and Paul Pierce and Chris Paul both score 21. Our field goal percentage was out of this world at 64%!

New York Knicks 34-11

We finish the month on an eleven game winning streak but it still only has us in third place in the East. Miami are still leading at 37-8 while the upstart Wizards are still second at 34-10 which is massively surprising. It’s the combination of John Wall and Bradley Beal at the guards with the backup of an excellent defensive frontcourt which is the reason for their success. Orlando are holding up the rest of the conference with a 10-35 record.

Minnesota are leading in the West with a 34-12 record with Denver and San Antonio 2.5 and 4.5 games back respectively. Dallas are 10-11 at home but 1-20 away which equates to a 11-31 record, firmly rooted to the bottom of the conference.

New York Top Points
Paul Pierce – 20.5
Chris Paul – 19.1
Anderson Varejao – 13.5

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 10.0
Dion Waiters – 3.1
Paul Pierce – 2.2

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 11.1
Thomas Cooper – 6.4
Paul Pierce – 4.8

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 34.3
Lebron James (MIA) – 29.5
Kevin Love (MIN) – 29.1

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 12.3
Chris Paul (NYK) – 10.0
Kyle Lowry (TOR) – 10.0

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 13.4
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 12.1
Dwight Howard (SAS) – 12.1

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 30.0
Kevin Love (MIN) – 28.8
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 28.3

Rookie Top Efficiency
John Johnson (DET) – 15.5 (17.5 points, 1.7 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 0.5 steals, 0.6 blocks)
Dennis Freymond (CHA) – 14.1 (17.3 points, 1.4 assists, 6.0 rebounds, 0.5 steals, 0.0 blocks)
Michael Fisher (UTA) – 13.8 (7.2 points, 8.4 assists, 3.0 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 0.3 blocks)

Second Round of NBA Draft Prospects (previous rank in brackets)

1. (2) SF Andrew Owens (Stanford), Freshman, 6’6”, 221lbs
His numbers are up and are looking really good. He is a dead eye shot from nearly anyone on the court.

2. (1) C Ben Chambers (Middle Tennessee State), Sophomore, 7’5”, 298lbs
He drops because of his weak competition and his inability to grab rebounds.

3. (4) C Ernest Jameson (Oregon State), Senior, 6’11”, 272lbs
The opposite of Chambers in the rebounding stakes as he is pulling down an average of 17 a game.

4. (NR) SG Joe Holmes (Nevada), Freshman, 6’5”, 196lbs
The best SG by far, he is a great slasher but needs to work on his shooting. Good rebounder, too.

5. (3) PG Charles Canady (Miami (FL)), Freshman, 6’6”, 196lbs
Still the great passer and like Holmes the best prospect by far at his position.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 am

January Player of the Month – Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder – 34.0 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 1.1 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.

January Rookie of the Month – John Johnson, Detroit Pistons – 17.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.4 steals and 0.6 blocks per game.

We go into Indiana and come out with a hefty win, 119-92. Chris Paul was everywhere, racking up 30 points, 18 assists and 4 steals to take best on ground honours. Paul Pierce was also good with 32 points while Avery Bradley put up 23 points. Paul George was the best for the Pacers with 24 points and 10 rebounds but Iman Shumpert still can’t break free of CP3, only amassing 5 points, 11 assists and 5 turnovers on 1/8 shooting.

New York Knicks 35-11

That’s unlucky number 13 win in a row, demolishing Phoenix 115-95. Again it’s Chris Paul with 19 points and 16 assists as we shoot 51% from the field. In those 13 wins we have scored less than 100 only once, hell we have only scored less than 109 points once.

New York Knicks 36-11

Yep, unlucky 13. Cleveland walk in to the Garden and get a lead of 25 points before we wake up but we couldn’t peg it all back, going down 120-112. It’s Tristan Thompson who stood up with 21 points, making up for Andrew Bynum’s 3/15 night. Chris Paul had a double double but fouled out guarding Kyrie Irving.

New York Knicks 36-12

**TRADE**

Toronto trade:
PF Taj Gibson

Indiana trade:
2014 1st round pick

Winner – Indiana. The Pacers are currently 30-19 so the pick will be in the 20s, much less than what Gibson will give them. He is now the first big off the bench.

Chicago trade:
SG Marco Belinelli
2014 2nd round pick

Oklahoma City trade:
SG Jeremy Lamb
SG Thabo Sefolosha

Winner – Chicago. Belinelli and Sefolosha are pretty much a push so it’s all down to Lamb. He has heaps of potential but I’m not sure if he will get there. We will see as he is slated to start next to Derrick Rose.

We beat Toronto for once 98-69 as we keep them to 31% shooting. We didn’t do much better at 40% but at least we won. Avery Bradley was our best with 19 points but it was a horrible game to watch.

New York Knicks 37-12

Kenneth Faried has been fantastic this season (18.5 points, 11.3 rebounds) and he torches us for 27 points and 17 rebounds but it wasn’t enough to get the Nuggets over the line as we win 107-102. Anderson Varejao makes JaVale McGee seem like a child with 18 points and 12 rebounds while fouling out McGee in only 16 minutes.

New York Knicks 38-12

Argh, the Lakers get their revenge for last season’s NBA Finals loss with a 103-95 win in LA. Pau Gasol steps up with 22 points and 10 rebounds while Steve Nash, who is 39 years old and now coming off the bench also had 22 points in 22 minutes. Chris Paul is our best with 13 points, 10 assists and 7 rebounds but fouled out near the end.

New York Knicks 38-13

What. A. Game. I’ll let the stats do the talking.

New York –
Paul Pierce – 33 points
Avery Bradley – 28 points
Anderson Varejao – 20 points, 8 rebounds
Chris Paul – 17 points, 23 assists
Team shot 64% from the field and an astonishing 11/15 from three.

Sacramento –
DeMarcus Cousins – 33 points, 13 rebounds
Isaiah Thomas – 24 points, 7 assists
Tyreke Evans – 20 points, 10 assists
Thomas Robinson – 22 points
Team shot 50% from the field and 43 free throws.

Final score – New York 151-136 in overtime. Yikes.

New York Knicks 39-13

It’s All Star festivities and it’s starts with the Long Distance Shootout. Rookie John Johnson (DET) keeps his nerve to win the final over Mo Williams (DEN) and Brandon Rush (GSW). In the Slam Dunk Contest Derrick Brown (ATL) wipes the floor with Mark Jones (OKC) in the final 66-49.

The Rookie/Sophomore game was a very tight affair with the second year guys taking the crown with a 139-133 victory. Damian Lillard was named Player of the Match with 42 points and 7 assists but was ably backed by Anthony Davis’ 25 points and 10 rebounds. For the Rookies bolter John Johnson took it to Lillard with 36 points of his own, mostly coming from Michael Fisher who had 10 points and 17 assists. Our very own Dion Waiters played 13 minutes for the second years. For some reason Thomas Cooper wasn’t invited for the Rookies which I’m a little miffed about. Sure he wouldn’t start because of Dennis Freymond but he is playing better than Chris Drexler by far.

The All Star game was equally exciting as the East got out to a 23 point lead before the West came back to within seven, but not enough as they never led in the game and our conference won 144-137. Lebron James won the All Star MVP with his 27 points, 10 assists and 7 steal performance while his normal teammate Dwyane Wade had 24 points of his own. Kevin Durant went toe to toe with King James with 27 points while Steph Curry tookout Chris Paul with 21 points and 11 assists and fouling out CP3 in only 14 minutes.

The Knicks were represented by Paul (who started) as well as Paul Pierce (4 minutes, 2 points) and Anderson Varejao (11 minutes, 9 points).

Eastern Conference starters –
Chris Paul, New York Knicks
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
Lebron James, Miami Heat
Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons
Andrew Bynum, Cleveland Cavaliers

Western Conference starters –
Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors
James Harden, Houston Rockets
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves
Dwight Howard, San Antonio Spurs

I want to bolster our bench so I get back a favourite of mine.

New York trade:
C Marcus Camby
PF Furkan Aldemir
PF Marreese Speights

Brooklyn trade:
PG Raymond Felton
PF Elton Brand

Winner – New York. Camby is still good but is 39 years old and is backing up both Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries while Elton Brand has taken over the starting PF position from Thomas Cooper (but probably not for long) while the bench is now absolutely amazing.

I sign Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen for our 11th man.

I’m so happy with our bench now. Camby wasn’t doing much this season while Furkan and Speights were bench weight. Our bench five is now Felton/Waiters/Wallace/Cooper/Oden which is probably a better starting five than some lower ranked teams in the league.

Our new team beat our bogey team, Houston, by the score 101-87. Anderson Varejao won player of the game with 22 points and 12 rebounds while our new recruits had decent, but not mind melting games which is to be expected. Chandler Parsons led the way for Houston with 21 points.

New York Knicks 40-13

**TRADE**

Phoenix trade:
PF Channing Frye

Golden State trade:
SG Jarrett Jack

Winner – Phoenix. Although Frye is a quality PF, Jack was just awarded an All NBA Third Team nod last season which is huge.

New Orleans trade:
PG Grevis Vasquez

Milwaukee trade:
2014 1st round pick

Winner – Milwaukee. The Bucks are 30-22 at the moment which would make the pick pretty low but this trade does have some upside for the Hornets as it gives much more playing time to prized rookie PG Lewis Vines.

Toronto trade:
PF Amir Johnson
2014 2nd round pick

Cleveland trade:
C Tyler Zeller

Winner – Cleveland
. All in all Johnson is a better player and has kicked Tristan Thompson out of the starting PF position so that’s a win in our books.

New Orleans trade:
SG Jason Terry
2014 2nd round pick

Indiana trade:
C Ian Mahinmi

Winner – Indiana. Another loss for the Hornets as Indiana comes out like bandits after this. Mahinmi is a terrible defender while Terry still has lots in the tank for this upstart Pacer team.

Orlando trade:
PG Jameer Nelson
2014 2nd round pick

Miami trade:
PF Udonis Haslem
SF Shane Battier

Winner – Miami. It’s not as lopsided as it seems because Nelson has regressed massively. He just isn’t the player he used to be and will be used as a bench spark instead of a reliable starting PG. Haslem is decent but Battier is battling father time.

Boston are quite bad this year, 15-41 bad. But that doesn’t stop them from stomping us 101-85 in New York. Courtney Lee had 21 points and 9 rebounds while ex-Knick Amare Stoudemire put up 18 points and 9 rebounds. I don’t want to talk about our effort apart from us shooting 38% from the floor. Yuck.

New York Knicks 40-14

Two losses in two games and both against Boston as we lose 107-99 in Boston. It’s Amare’s turn to be the best with 22 points while Elton Brand (now coming off the bench) was our best with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Grr, I want a win against the Celtics.

New York Knicks 40-15

Avery Bradley has hurt his leg and will be down for about a week, I don’t think he will play during that week but it’s up to him and Mike Woodson to decide.

That’s better. The next night we pile on Indiana 121-108 as Chris Paul has a scorcher with 38 points and 9 assists and Raymond Felton pipes up for 14 points off the bench. Danny Granger had 25 points while Iman Shumpert had 10 points and 8 assists.

New York Knicks 41-15

Last game of the month is against the surging Wizards and they held us to only 88 points, luckily for us we held them to only 82 to win the game. Chris Paul was close to a triple double with 15 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds while Anderson Varejao backed him up with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Crazily we shot 34% from the field to their 38%, however we shot 18 more shots than Washington. The star backcourt of Beal and Wall combined for only 25 points on 10/26 shooting which cost them the game.

New York Knicks 42-15

At the end of February we are still five games behind Miami who are 47-10 and breaking away from the pack. Washington have pushed out to two games behind us at 40-17. Orlando have also broken away from the pack but in the wrong way, sitting at 11-46 and looking to next season already.

Minnesota is gelling together wonderfully and wins are racking up, leading the West with a 45-13 record. Denver is at their heels at 41-16 but the rest are falling behind. Phoenix and Dallas are battling for the crown that no one wants with both teams having 17 wins on the season.

New York Top Points
Paul Pierce – 20.1
Chris Paul – 19.0
Avery Bradley – 13.8

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 10.3
Raymond Felton – 3.4*
Dion Waiters – 3.0

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 10.9
Elton Brand – 7.0*
Thomas Cooper – 6.0

*Includes Brooklyn averages.

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 33.1
Lebron James (MIA) – 30.7
Kevin Love (MIN) – 29.6

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 12.3
Chris Paul (NYK) – 10.3
Kyle Lowry (TOR) – 10.0

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 12.9
Dwight Howard (SAS) – 12.1
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 12.0

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 30.5
Kevin Love (MIN) – 29.3
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 28.2

Rookie Top Efficiency
John Johnson (DET) – 17.0 (18.8 points, 1.7 assists, 4.0 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.7 blocks)
Dennis Freymond (CHA) – 13.2 (16.4 points, 1.5 assists, 7.9 rebounds, 0.5 steals, 0.0 blocks)
Michael Fisher (UTA) – 13.1 (6.8 points, 8.2 assists, 3.0 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 0.3 blocks)

Third Round of NBA Draft Prospects (previous rank in brackets)

1. (1) SF Andrew Owens (Stanford), Freshman, 6’6”, 221lbs
Is averaging 27 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals a game. Pretty sure he will be the favourite for the #1 pick.

2. (2) C Ben Chambers (Middle Tennessee State), Sophomore, 7’5”, 298lbs
He has upped his rebounding numbers now they are getting into conference play but the tournament will be where he makes his name.

3. (4) SG Joe Holmes (Nevada), Freshman, 6’5”, 196lbs
As John Johnson is tearing up the NBA it looks like Joe Holmes will follow suit, they are very similar players.

4. (3) C Ernest Jameson (Oregon State), Senior, 6’11”, 272lbs
Will never be a top flight scorer but will do everything else for a team.

5. (5) PG Charles Canady (Miami (FL)), Freshman, 6’6”, 196lbs
The best passer in college basketball and he is only a freshman. His attitude has come into question however.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:14 am

February Player of the Month – Lebron James, Miami Heat – 34.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 2.0 steals and 0.6 blocks per game.

February Rookie of the Month – John Johnson, Detroit Pistons – 24.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.7 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.

It’s getting to the pointy end of the season so any win is great, and beating Philadelphia after being down by 13 points is fantastic. Paul Pierce is our best with 27 points while Gerald Wallace turns in 15 points and 7 rebounds in only 20 minutes off the bench. Jrue Holiday is held to 3/14 shooting while Carl Landry top scores for the Sixers with 20 points.

New York Knicks 43-15

Back to back games are hard on the bodies and our bodies fail us, losing to Atlanta 100-84 the next night. Josh Smith is brilliant with 33 points, 8 rebounds and 5 steals while Al Horford is his back up with 20 points. Paul Pierce is our lone hand with 25 points.

New York Knicks 43-16

No losing streak for us as we crush Orlando 102-76 behind Paul Pierce’s 24 points and Anderson Varejao’s 18 rebounds. Arron Afflalo put up 23 points and 10 rebounds but the next highest scorer for the Magic was 14 for Marshon Brooks which just isn’t enough.

New York Knicks 44-16

Charlotte have been better this season but not good enough for us as we stomp them 98-77. Anderson Varejao is too tall for 6’9” Bismack Biyombo as Sideshow Bob put up 21 points and 13 rebounds to lead the way with five other Knicks scoring in double figures. Rookie Dennis Freymond was the lone hand with 20 points but shot 4/12 from the foul line.

New York Knicks 45-16

Thomas Cooper has been good off the bench and it shows again in our 119-115 win over Brooklyn. Cooper had 17 points and 6 rebounds as Anderson Varejao is hampered by foul trouble trying to stay with Kris Humpries and Brook Lopez all night. Chris Paul had 27 points as he out played Deron Williams in the battle for the best PG.

New York Knicks 46-16

It’s the Truth and CP3 show as they combined for 59 points in our 108-88 win over Chicago. Derrick Rose only shot 9 shots on his way to 22 points but the Bulls shot a pitiful 38% from the field to doom their chances.

New York Knicks 47-16

We lose again on the second half of a back to back, this time going down to Milwaukee. Monta Ellis torches us for 37 points and 9 rebounds on 14/19 shooting which is amazing, while our best was Elton Brand with 16 points and 10 rebounds.

New York Knicks 47-17

The Blazers are young and loaded with potential but aren’t quite there yet as we get past them 108-97 behind Chris Paul’s 22 points and 10 assists. Nicolas Batum is their best with 29 points while LaMarcus Aldridge goes cold with a 3/13 shooting performance.

New York Knicks 48-17

Wow the Cavs demolish us as I’m sure they had three extra black and white players on their way to a 124-107 win. I saw three extra players as they shoot a whopping 38/54 from the foul line as we have 10 more fouls than them. Rookie Brennan Weber has 23 points off the bench while Tyson Chandler shoots 15 free throws in only 28 minutes on his way to 21 points of his own. Paul Pierce tries his best with 28 points and 10 rebounds but when we can’t get a break it’s not going to happen.

New York Knicks 48-18

Brooklyn come to town and take a 20 point lead going into the fourth quarter but we storm back to bring it to within two, unfortunately for us the Nets hold on to beat us 97-91. Joe Johnson is excellent with 28 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds while Deron Williams adds 20 points and 12 assists. Anderson Varejao leads the way with 13 points and 16 rebounds but our two PFs combine for 8/29 from the field for 19 points which is terrible.

New York Knicks 48-19

Fantastic game from Chris Paul catapults us to a 119-114 against his old side, the LA Clippers. CP3 had 33 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds as we shot 51% from the field. Carmelo Anthony had a game to forget, shooting 4/16 from the field but did go 15/18 from the line for 23 points while Blake Griffin led the way with 26 points and 10 rebounds.

New York Knicks 49-19

Damn Washington get their revenge as they blow us out in the fourth quarter 30-19 to win 102-97. It wasn’t their dynamic backcourt but their big guys as Trevor Ariza, Trevor Booker and Nene Hilario combine for 43 points and 25 rebounds. We had seven players in double figures but no one over 15 points.

New York Knicks 49-20

Ah ha! Win number 50 comes as sweet revenge against Washington 103-87. Paul Pierce had 22 points and 10 rebounds and Gerald Wallace is a dynamo off the bench with 10 points and 3 steals in only 12 minutes. Nene Hilario was their best with 19 points and 11 rebounds.

New York Knicks 50-20

Sacramento are 43-28 which is surprising but it wasn’t enough to get past us, as we take them out 124-103. Chris Paul had 22 points and 15 assists while Thomas Cooper is magnificent with 22 points in 31 minutes as Andy V fouled out in 18 minutes, not before scoring 16 points and grabbing 8 rebounds.

New York Knicks 51-20

Andy V was angry that he fouled out so quickly last game so he torches the Mavs by himself, going 19 points and 18 rebounds in our 104-75 win. Seven Knicks were in double figures with a rare Birdman sighting, as Chris Andersen had 10 points and 3 blocks in only 11 minutes. No one of note for Dallas.

New York Knicks 52-20

Damn. In our month ending 101-83 win over Charlotte Chris Paul tore his Achilles tendon trying to cross over Kemba Walker and will be out for a long time, last I heard seven months. He had 8 points and 10 assists before going down at the end of the third quarter. Paul Pierce had 28 points and 8 rebounds but the mood of the team is very sombre.

New York Knicks 53-20

Our new starting line up is –

PG Raymond Felton
SG Avery Bradley
SF Paul Pierce
PF Thomas Cooper
C Anderson Varejao

Thank god I traded for Felton or we would be in massive trouble. Our odds of going back to back have taken a huge hit but I still think we can push teams but it looks like Miami are the unbackable favourite to win it all.

We got 11-5 to stitch up the second seed in the East as Miami are 63-11 while Washington are 47-25, 5.5 games behind us and there is only nine games to go. Orlando are guaranteed the last spot in the conference with a 14-59 record.

Denver are leading the way in the West with a 55-18 record while Minnesota and Golden State are right on their tails, 3.5 and 4 games behind the Nuggets. Phoenix are holding everyone up in the conference with their 21-51 record.

New York Top Points
Paul Pierce – 20.0
Chris Paul – 18.8
Anderson Varejao – 13.7

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 10.0
Raymond Felton – 3.0
Dion Waiters – 2.9

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 10.7
Elton Brand – 7.2
Thomas Cooper – 5.8

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 33.8
Lebron James (MIA) – 31.9
Kevin Love (MIN) – 28.5

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 12.3
Chris Paul (NYK) – 10.0
Kyle Lowry (TOR) – 9.9

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 12.4
Dwight Howard (SAS) – 11.7
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 11.7

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 32.4
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 29.1
Kevin Love (MIN) – 28.4

Rookie Top Efficiency
John Johnson (DET) – 16.8 (18.3 points, 1.7 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.8 blocks)
Michael Fisher (UTA) – 13.5 (6.8 points, 8.1 assists, 3.1 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 0.3 blocks)
Dennis Freymond (CHA) – 13.2 (16.4 points, 1.5 assists, 7.9 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.0 blocks)

Last Round of NBA Draft Prospects (previous rank in brackets)

1. (1) SF Andrew Owens (Stanford), Freshman, 6’6”, 221lbs
Is the clear cut number one pick unless something happens at the combine.

2. (4) C Ernest Jameson (Oregon State), Senior, 6’11”, 272lbs
Overtakes Chambers because of his work ethic and defence.

3. (2) C Ben Chambers (Middle Tennessee State), Sophomore, 7’5”, 298lbs
Has been known to be a bit of diva which has made his stocks go down while his numbers go up.

4. (3) SG Joe Holmes (Nevada), Freshman, 6’5”, 196lbs
A better rebounder than expected coming out of high school and is turning heads with his slashing skills.

5. (5) PG Charles Canady (Miami (FL)), Freshman, 6’6”, 196lbs
A walking triple double threat every game and will help out an inexperienced team with his cool head as funny as that is being a freshman.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Myles Nelson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:19 am

Welp, you shut me up about trading away your whole team. Very well done
Writer of Heading to the Big Easy (DDSPB3), Rising to the Top of the Pac-12 (DDSCB2), and Motor City Basketball: Restoring the Piston's Glory (DDSPB2).
Myles Nelson

Postby Tim Moungey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Ouch on that CP3 injury. Just ouch.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Myles Nelson wrote:Welp, you shut me up about trading away your whole team. Very well done

To be fair we did trade for some very good players, too bad it's not going to be enough without CP3.
zike_42
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports