New York, New York! Bringing a championship home

Postby Rizzo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Cleasby wrote:If you can get kanter that would be great

Agreed, that would be a great addition for your team.
Rizzo

Postby zike_42 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 am

Thanks Rizzo for the kind words. I love doing this, I find following the team very interesting. I also enjoy comments from readers but if people are reading my story then that is enough.

Kanter is so far being a pain to acquire as the Jazz see him as a franchise player (which is definitely is not) and wants a kings ransom for.
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 am

zike_42 wrote:Kanter is so far being a pain to acquire as the Jazz see him as a franchise player (which is definitely is not) and wants a kings ransom for.

In my short lived Celtics franchise, I remember trying to make a deal for Kanter and you would have thought you were trying to trade for Shaq in his prime. Good luck trying to pry him away from the Jazz.
Rizzo

Postby zike_42 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Guess what the Jazz said when I tried to trade for Enes Kanter? This is even after I said we would take Gerald Henderson’s bloated corpse of a contract.

“You think we’re going to give up a franchise player without getting one in return?”

Are you serious Utah? Enes Kanter a franchise player! What are you smoking? I admit that he is a good player, that’s why I’m after him. But I’m offering you a very good centre in Anderson Varejao and a dynamite SG in Dion Waiters, along with a first round pick to take him off your hands and you want more? Nuts to you.

I go back to normal duties and renounce James Singleton, Chris Anderson, Chauncey Billups and Pablo Prigioni while making Avery Bradley a restricted free agent. He’s not going anywhere.

I almost make a trade with Memphis but back out when our salaries don’t match unless I throw in one of our better bench players but I’m still very interested in that deal so I might pick it up again after free agency.

Dion Waiters and Thomas Cooper are invited to the Summer League as well as some scrubs as we win our first SL game 113-88 over Memphis. Thomas Cooper is a man among boys with 38 points on 17/23 shooting while Hassan Benton for the Grizz had 20 points and 6 rebounds.

It’s 2-0 as we demolish Portland 105-87 behind Dion Waiters’ 28 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds as well as Thomas Cooper’s effort of 25 points and 13 rebounds. Will Barton had 26 points in 24 minutes for the Blazers.

Our modest winning streak is cut short by Jan Vesley and the Wizards, 109-98. They are always beating us it seems. Vesley had 35 points and 8 rebounds as Byron Brown goes 10/10 from the field for 20 points. Isaiah Thomas is our best with 30 points.

Sacramento puts on a show, coming from 14 points down to beat us 114-109 behind a Jimmer sighting, as the Kings PG had 18 points on only four shots. Thomas Cooper, Dion Waiters and Isaiah Thomas all had 22 points but that was about it for our team.

Our last SL game is a 98-87 win over Detroit but no one cares about who wins or loses, it’s about how your best players go. This time I’m very happy as Thomas Cooper has 25 points and 7 rebounds while Dion Waiters and Isaiah Thomas combine for 25 points, 13 rebounds and 13 assists so I’m quite happy. I don’t think I will have enough money for I.Thomas and I don’t think he will want to be a bench player this early in his career so I wish him well.

All in all, a pretty decent Summer League. Waiters was a bit hit or miss but I really have high hopes for Cooper.

It’s free agency time and my priorities are to sign Avery Bradley (preferably to a cheap contract) and to lock in Paul Pierce. Everything after that is to fill out the roster.

The top 10 free agents are –

C DeMarcus Cousins*
PF Derrick Favors*
PF Greg Monroe*
C Marcin Gortat
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Dirk Nowitzki
SG Monta Ellis
PG Kyle Lowry
SF Danny Granger
SG Kobe Bryant
*Restricted free agent

I offer PP a 1 year, $6 million contract because he is getting older and may want to come back for one last dig before he retires and Avery Bradley a 5 year, $25 million deal. That is probably underpaying him but he is a restricted free agent so any deal he agrees on I will just match anyway.

Pierce re-signs a few days later but I think I’m going to have to try and get another starting SF. Pierce is too old while I don’t trust Gerald Wallace anymore to take us to a championship but we will wait until free agency.

In an obvious move DeMarcus Cousins re-signs with the Kings on a max five year deal. HOLD THE PHONE. Future MVP candidate Derrick Favors has spurned the Jazz to sign an offer sheet with Detroit on the same day the Pistons re-up Greg Monroe. Massive news! I’m sure the Jazz will match but still, very exciting. Also Steph Curry re-signs with the Warriors.

The next day Isaiah Thomas gets paid with a 4 year deal worth over $31 million with Sacramento while Brandon Jennings decides to go to Texas with a 4 year, $47 million contract with Dallas.

Talk about an anti-climax. Utah matches Detroit’s offer for Derrick Favors, keeping the talented big man in Utah for the next four years at least. The Pistons aren’t sitting on their hands though, as they pinch Carmelo Anthony on the max deal they gave to Favors. Charlotte empties their wallets as well, signing both Ty Lawson and Andre Iguodala to matching four year, $38 million deals.

Nice! Avery Bradley decides that he likes here in the Big Apple and re-signs on the five year deal, giving us a great starting SG for years to come. Kyle Lowry makes the Lakers even stronger, signing a four year deal while the Raptors still believe in Andrea Bargnani, signing him to a similar deal.

Boy would I love to get Ekpe Udoh on this team, too bad he accepts a tender offer for the Bucks. Oh well, maybe next year. The Pistons haven’t stopped spending, this time picking up Pau Gasol for a four year, $43 million contract which is probably not a good deal as they have both Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond taking up the starting PF/C spots.

I have a mid level exception burning a hole in my pocket and I give it to Kobe Bryant, hoping he accepts and I can trade Dion Waiters for a starting SF. Unfortunately the idea of playing with Dwight Howard again is too much for Kobe and he signs with San Antonio.

Damn, I thought I had the steal of the year as I nearly signed Kris Humphries to a three year deal but he jumps to Portland. Still a great contract for the Blazers, four year, $20 million.

On the second last day of free agency I pick up Mario Chalmers, Jordan Hill and Ray Allen on cheap deals and I finish up. I should have enough pieces now to trade for a starting SF, it all depends on which one.

Training camp comes and goes and Waiters is looking better while Thomas Cooper really hasn’t improved as much as I thought he would but will definitely shows his stuff as our starting PF. Oh, that deal I was talking about a while back, yeah I pulled it.

New York trade:
SF Gerald Wallace
PG Mario Chalmers
SG Dion Waiters

Memphis trade:
SF Rudy Gay

Winner – Memphis. With Wilson Chandler stepping into the starting SF role the Grizz don’t lose much but they do gain a great deal off the bench.

Bah, what do they know, I love this deal. It’s going to be great seeing Paul throw lobs to Gay and Cooper when he gets back and it has settled the starting SG battles. Gay also has a massive $19 million expiring contract so if he doesn’t work out for us we will have plenty of money in the bank to get someone else. I sign Jodie Meeks to fill in that scoring role off the bench.

Eastern Conference Pre-Season Rankings
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Miami Heat
3. Charlotte Bobcats
4. Washington Wizards
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
Last – Orlando

How the hell are we ranked seventh?!? What a rip. Detroit have one of the best starting fives I have ever seen –

PG – Brandon Knight
SG – John Johnson
SF – Carmelo Anthony
PF – Greg Monroe
C – Andre Drummond
With Paul Gasol coming off the bench. WOW.

Western Conference Pre-Season Rankings
1. Sacramento Kings
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Minnesota Timberwolves
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Portland Trailblazers
Last – Dallas Mavericks

All good teams but each of them have pretty big weaknesses unlike a few of the Eastern Conference teams. With Dirk jumping ship Dallas are really in rebuilding mode.

Here are your “please win the championship or else I lose my job” 2014-15 New York Knicks –
PG – Chris Paul
SG – Avery Bradley
SF – Rudy Gay
PF – Thomas Cooper
C – Anderson Varejao
6th – Raymond Felton
7th – Jordan Hill
8th – Elton Brand
9th – Paul Pierce
10th – Jodie Meeks
11th – Greg Oden
12th – Ray Allen
13th – Kirk Hinrich
14th – Josh Howard
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

We start the season at home and promptly lose 103-101 after having a 17 point lead. Great. Rudy Gay is great with 27 points while Anderson Varejao had 19 points and 15 rebounds but it was Thad Young who stole the show with 25 points and 9 rebounds.

New York Knicks 0-1

That’s more like it. We smash Toronto 112-78 (no surprise) but at least it’s a win on the board. Chris Paul was fantastic with 24 points and 11 assists but he was up against SF Danny Green who is starting now Kyle Lowry has left. Newly acquired Kevin Seraphin had a great game with 25 points but they shot 37% from the field.

New York Knicks 1-1

The next night is our biggest test so far, Miami in Miami. Too bad we didn’t even study for the test as they wipe their feet on us to the tune of a 118-95 win. Lebron James does his job with 34 points and 9 rebounds while Chris Bosh had 22 points of his own. Our best was Anderson Varejao with 13 points and 16 rebounds which pretty much sums it all up.

New York Knicks 1-2

This is what I wanted to see, Rudy Gay scoring the ball (36 points) with Chris Paul giving it to him (15 assists). That equates to a 119-93 win over Phoenix. Marcin Gortat is ready to explode into this league, putting up 41 points and 12 rebounds on 18/22 shooting, he did have eight turnovers though.

New York Knicks 2-2

I have a feeling we just aren’t good enough to match it with the elite teams and this game showcased that. The surprisingly good Charlotte Bobcats embarrass us as we lose 114-84. Ty Lwason had 32 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists while Al Jefferson is showing he is worth his price tag with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Chris Paul missed one shot all game (11/12 FG) for 26 points but he just didn’t have any help with our next highest being 12 points.

New York Knicks 2-3

I am mad now. We lose again but a lot, this time 108-91 to Washington. Bradley Beal had 27 points while John Wall is so close to a triple double with 17 points, 12 assists and 9 rebounds. Rudy Gay goes 8/27 from the field for 23 points and I am so close to blowing this team up again.

New York Knicks 2-4

We have four days off and I cool off a little. I will give them to the end of this month to get better or there will be some goodbyes in order.

Minnesota are 5-0 coming into the Garden and leave 6-0, giving us a 105-95 loss. Kevin Love is probably only second to Lebron James in the whole league and shows it with 35 points and 19 rebounds and I would love to have him on our team. Rudy Gay is shooting too much at the moment, going 10/28 for 28 points and 9 rebounds as all of our starters get double digits.

New York Knicks 2-5

Yay! We win a game! Philadelphia are our victim with a 112-101 away win. Rudy Gay shoots fairly good for 26 points while Jordan Hill has 19 points in 18 minutes. Dorell Wright puts up 31 points for the Sixers in the losing effort.

New York Knicks 3-5

Honestly Jordan Hill has been outplaying Thomas Cooper, by a fair margin. It’s early on in the season but if Cooper doesn’t up his output I have someone in mind who I would love to fill in his place.

Detroit have been disappointing as well at 3-4 and we heap some more misery on them, winning in Detroit 108-93 and I’m feeling a little better. Rudy Gay is outstanding with 27 points and 10 rebounds while Sideshow Bob and Chris Paul double up. Greg Monroe plays a lone hand with 30 points and 10 rebounds and I really don’t think the Drummond/Monroe/Gasol big man rotation is going to work.

New York Knicks 4-5

That’s three in a row! We lead Portland from start to finish, ending up with a 99-94 win. Rudy Gay is getting very comfortable now with 26 points while Chris Paul goes for 15 points, 13 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals. The guy I wanted in the free agency, Kris Humphries, was their best with 21 points and 13 rebounds but LaMarcus Aldridge has torn his ACL so it was an easier win than usual.

New York Knicks 5-5

We’re .500!

Another big game, this time in Utah. We prevail though, winning 99-85 against the streaking Jazz. Chris Paul had 25 points to make up for Rudy Gay’s 4/19 night while Anderson Varejao had 17 points and 9 rebounds. Derrick Favors is truly a superstar now as he had 17 points, 17 rebounds and 4 steals in the loss.

New York Knicks 6-5

That’s five wins in a row as we cruise past Golden State 117-106. Rudy Gay is becoming the go to scorer that I wanted from him with 28 points while Anderson Varejao tore it up with 17 points and 19 rebounds. David Lee was amazing with 28 points as Thomas Cooper’s leash is becoming shorter and shorter.

New York Knicks 7-5

It’s the repeat of two years ago and the outcome is the same, the Knicks winning 102-94 over the Lakers. Thomas Cooper responds to my criticism with 22 points, while newly acquired Jared Dudley (traded for a 2nd round pick) top scores with 24 points for the Lakers.

New York Knicks 8-5

I think I was a little too hasty with this team as we win the next night in Atlanta 97-77 behind Anderson Varejao’s 16 points and 13 rebounds as we hold the Hawks to a terrible 36% from the field, to go with their 16% from three and 57% from the line. A bad shooting night all around for the home team.

New York Knicks 9-5

Argh! We still can’t beat Washington! The get by us 105-98 and I’m really worried that they are our bogey team. Trevor Booker took us apart with 21 points and 15 rebounds while John Wall again had the best of Chris Paul with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Rudy Gay had 34 points on 33 shots for us with AV and CP3 doubling up again. I just want to win against the Wizards.

New York Knicks 9-6

**TRADE**

Toronto trade:
C Tyler Zeller

Golden State trade:
2015 1st round pick

Winner – Toronto. Even though Zeller is now the Warriors best bench big the Raptors need all the draft picks they can get, as they are currently 3-12 and in rebuilding mode.

After our extremely slow start to the season we are sitting sixth in the East behind the traffic jam at the top. Cleveland, Miami, Charlotte and Washington are all on the same wins with the Bobcats and Wizards one loss ahead so it’s pretty tight up there so far. Pre-season rankings were spot on with Orlando; they haven’t won a game after thirteen games.

In the West Minnesota are out in front with a 14-2 record as San Antonio, Denver and Portland playing catch up four games back. Dallas are floundering at the bottom with a 2-14 record.

New York Top Points
Rudy Gay – 23.2
Chris Paul – 15.7
Thomas Cooper – 13.1

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 10.1
Raymond Felton – 4.9
Rudy Gay – 1.9

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 11.6
Rudy Gay – 5.5
Thomas Cooper – 5.1

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 30.4
Lebron James (MIA) – 30.3
Kevin Love (MIN) – 27.6

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 12.0
Ricky Rubio (MIN) – 11.1
John Wall (WAS) – 10.8

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 13.8
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 13.1
Anderson Varejao (NYK) – 11.6

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 29.7
Kevin Love (MIN) – 28.3
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 26.7

Rookie Top Efficiency
Ernest Jameson (LAL) – 14.7 (11.5 points, 0.9 assists, 9.7 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 0.3 blocks)
Hayletts Smith (ORL) – 9.2 (9.5 points, 1.5 assists, 5.5 rebounds, 0.3 steals, 0.3 blocks)
Matthew Edney (DAL) – 8.2 (8.2 points, 0.8 assists, 2.9 rebounds, 0.5 steals, 0.0 blocks)
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Nice six game win streak, but Washington is also a bogey team for me when I was running my Celtics franchise. Hopefully Cooper can continue his improved play and Rudy Gay can become a but more efficient as the season goes on.
Rizzo

Postby zike_42 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 pm

November Player of the Month – Lebron James, Miami Heat – 30.3 points, 4.3 assists, 6.7 rebounds, 2.5 steals and 0.7 blocks per game.

November Rookie of the Month – Ernest Jameson, Los Angeles Lakers – 11.5 points, 0.9 assists, 9.7 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 0.3 blocks per game.

I’m going to give Thomas Cooper a few more games to work things out but I do have an understanding with a team that when free agent signings can be traded (mid December I think) then I’ll pull the trigger.

Our first game of December is a killing of Brooklyn 129-110. Rudy Gay is fantastic with 36 points while Avery Bradley scored 23 points on only 15 shots. Paul Pierce steps up off the bench with 14 points (on 6/6 shooting) in 12 minutes. Joe Johnson is coming off the bench for now with an injured hand, but still totalled 22 points and 12 assists in the loss.

New York Knicks 10-6

I did say a few games but the other team is getting antsy so I trade Cooper now.

New York trade:
PF Thomas Cooper
PG Kirk Hinrich
SF Josh Howard
2016 2nd round pick
2017 2nd round pick

Milwaukee trade:
PF Ekpe Udoh
2015 1st round pick

Winner – New York. Cooper has been disappointing while Udoh is an amazing defender and shot blocker while the draft pick should be in the lottery.

Although Udoh is probably a downgrade from Cooper he fits in with this team magnificently. We finally have defender of the paint and will do all the dirty work. I can’t wait until other front courts take a look at Udoh and Varejao. Remember when I was over the moon when Cooper fell to #8 in the draft and I traded Iman Shumpert for him? That seems such a long time ago.

This is awkward; our next two games are a home and home against Milwaukee. The first game is at our home and we blank the Bucks, keeping them to only 76 points compared to our 92. Ekpe Udoh only had 9 points and 4 blocks but kept Thomas Cooper to 3/17 shooting. Cooper did have 16 points and 14 rebounds but turned the ball over five times. Our best was Rudy Gay with 27 points, 7 rebounds and 5 blocks.

New York Knicks 11-6

Great start to the Udoh era as I would love to keep teams to less than 80 points every game.

Over to Milwaukee and even though the scores were a lot different the result was the same as we win 122-106. We had four players over 20 points, led by Chris Paul’s 25 points and 13 assists as we shot 54% from the field. Thomas Cooper fouls out in only 23 minutes which was fun as Monta Ellis led the way for the Bucks with 28 points.

New York Knicks 12-6

Some absolutely massive news out of Oklahoma City but I’ll let the box score tell the story –

Kevin Durant – 41 minutes, 26/31 FG, 9/11 3P, 7/9 FT, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals, 2 turnovers, 3 blocks, 68 points.

That’s right he scored 68 points. SIXTY EIGHT POINTS! My mind has been well and truly boggled.

**TRADE**

Toronto trade:
PG Charles Canady

LA Clippers trade:
2015 1st round pick

Winner – Clippers. Although the Clips are 6-10 at the moment the addition of Canady will get them on the right track. I wonder why the Raps gave up on Canady so quickly, he is great with the fans and the other players. Dumb trade by Toronto.

The Clippers come into town and it seems whenever a trade happens we play that team. We keep LA in the 70s as well, winning 105-73. Chris Paul and Rudy Gay both had 23 points as the Clips shot 34% from the field, led by Blake Griffin’s 7/20 for 16 points.

New York Knicks 13-6

Damn we go to Cleveland 105-96. It wasn’t Kyrie Irving nor Andrew Bynum who killed us, it was SF Alonzo Gee who put up 21 points and 7 rebounds. Rudy Gay wasn’t the best as he shot 9/27 for 23 points while Chris Paul doubled up.

New York Knicks 13-7

I re-up Anderson Varejao for a surprisingly cheap three year, $31 million deal. He is a double double machine and getting a great attitude guy as well for only $10 million a year is fine by me.

It’s always great to see Amare Stoudemire again as the Celtics come to town. STAT showed the crowd that he still has it with 25 points and 13 rebounds but it wasn’t enough as we beat them 102-87. Anderson Varejao rewarded me for the contract extension with 27 points and 15 rebounds which made me smile.

New York Knicks 14-7

**TRADE**

New Orleans trade:
SF Al-Farouq Aminu
2015 2nd round pick

Orlando trade:
SF Moe Harkless

Winner – Orlando. Aminu for Harkless is pretty much a push so getting a second rounder out of it gives them a win.

Speaking of Orlando, they still haven’t won a game, going 0-18 so far.

**TRADE**

Chicago trade:
SG Thabo Sefolosha

Oklahoma City trade:
PF Nick Collison
C Hasheem Thabeet
2015 2nd round pick

Winner – Oklahoma City. After spending two seasons away from the Thunder Sefolosha is back and will be a great defensive punch off the bench. Thabeet was released while Collison is pretty rubbish now so it’s not a good trade by the Bulls.

We don’t play the Bulls or the Thunder but we do beat up on the Pacers, winning 95-85. Ekpe Udoh finally does something with 14 points, 14 rebounds, 5 steals and 4 blocks to take the player of the game award while Raymond Felton is dynamite off the bench with 20 points. Paul Millsap has 13 points and 19 rebounds while Iman Shumpert just can’t play against Chris Paul, this time shooting 2/12 from the field for 10 points.

New York Knicks 15-7

It’s another home and home as we go into Indiana and win again 94-87. Chris Paul has 18 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists to nearly notch a triple double but it’s our defensive who won us the game. The team held the Pacers to 37% shooting while forced a massive 23 turnovers.

New York Knicks 16-7

Huzzah! The Magic have won a game! They beat Brooklyn 117-108 as seven Orlando players score in double figures. How humiliating to the Nets.

Orlando come to town and I pray that we win as it would be very embarrassing for us to lose to a 1-19 team. Luckily for me we win easily 110-82. Rudy Gay is the star with 31 points but it was Orlando rookie Hayletts Smith who impressed me with 17 points and 10 rebounds off the bench.

New York Knicks 17-7

I’m really enjoying this team now and even though the fans loved Thomas Cooper I didn’t really think he fitted in with the philosophy of the team. This is shown by our 115-102 win over Chicago as everyone put in. Anderson Varejao had 26 points and 12 rebounds while Ekpe Udoh had 18 points, 7 rebounds and 6 blocks. I need to think of a nickname for those two. Derrick Rose had the terribly triple double with 19 points, 17 assists and 11 turnovers.

New York Knicks 18-7

**TRADE**

Oklahoma City trade:
SF Perry Jones III

Memphis trade:
PG Tony Wroten
2015 2nd round pick

Winner – Memphis. Jones is better than Wroten but both teams gets a new sixth man out of the trade which is pretty good.

Washington trade:
SG Jordan Crawford

Minnesota trade:
PG Alexey Shved
2015 1st round pick

Winner – Minnesota. Not only is Crawford a devastating bench scorer but the Wizards didn’t get anything out of this. Shved is a bench warmer and the pick will be at least #27.

Rudy Gay has 29 points to lead six other players in double figures as we beat up on Orlando 128-89. Raymond Felton misses both of his two shots but dishes out 11 assists. Glen Davis had 16 points off the bench for the losers as we have a ridiculous 80 points in the paint.

New York Knicks 19-7

The Pistons are still average at 13-13 as they are still working things out. We make them 13-14 with a 102-89 as this team is really gelling as a defensive unit. Rudy Gay has his best game as a Knick with 28 points and 14 rebounds while Chris Paul dominates Brandon Knight with 22 points and 13 assists and kept Knight to 0 points.

New York Knicks 20-7

Another win over another rival, this time a 110-99 beating of Brooklyn. Ekpe Udoh misses two shots on his way to 16 points, 12 rebounds and 5 blocks while Rudy Gay had 24 points. Deron Williams was the lone hand for the Nets with 30 points but had no help from anyone else.

New York Knicks 21-7

Kevin Durant goes 10/18 for 36 points but the rest of the team goes 16/47 as we beat Oklahoma City 105-76 to send a warning sign to the rest of the league. It’s an all around team effort as five players are in double figures, led by Rudy Gay’s 21 points.

New York Knicks 22-7

**TRADE**

Orlando trade:
PF Glen Davis

Boston trade:
SG Shannon Brown
2015 2nd round pick

Winner – Boston, by a mile. Big Baby goes back home and will be a big contributor off the bench while Brown will suck up over $6 million for the next two years to be the 13th man on a terrible team. Awful trade by the Magic, no wonder they are 1-26.

What a change one month can have. We went 13-1 and are currently on a nine game winning streak. That puts us second in the East, half a game behind Cleveland and two and a half games in front of Indiana. Orlando are well and truly at the bottom of the ladder with a 1-27 record.

In the West Minnesota are leading with a 25-7 record with San Antonio three games behind and the rocketing New Orleans Hornets one game behind them. Phoenix are still on the bottom, currently on 6-25, only one game ahead (behind?) Dallas.

If anyone was wondering, here is the comparison of Thomas Cooper and Ekpe Udoh since the trade –

Ekpe Udoh – 9.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 2.1 steals and 2.9 blocks per game.
Thomas Cooper – 14.1 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 0.6 steals and 0.0 blocks per game.

Pretty much the extreme opposite of each other. Cooper has a better offensive game but I love when big guys go for over two steals and two blocks a game.

New York Top Points
Rudy Gay – 23.6
Chris Paul – 16.1
Anderson Varejao – 13.7

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 9.2
Raymond Felton – 4.3
Rudy Gay – 1.8

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 11.9
Ekpe Udoh – 6.4
Rudy Gay – 5.9

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 31.5
Lebron James (MIA) – 29.8
Kevin Love (MIA) – 28.0

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 11.9
Kyrie Irving (CLE) – 10.5
Ricky Rubio (MIN) – 10.4

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 14.2
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 12.5
Anderson Varejao (NYK) – 11.9

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 29.4
Kevin Love (MIN) – 27.6
Anthony Davis (NOH) – 27.4

Rookie Top Efficiency
Ernest Jameson (LAL) – 14.3 (11.5 points, 1.1 assists, 8.0 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 0.4 blocks)
Hayletts Smith (ORL) – 10.7 (10.3 points, 1.4 assists, 5.4 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.3 blocks)
Ben Chambers (BOS) – 9.4 (9.5 points, 0.5 assists, 4.3 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.2 blocks)

What a terrible draft class this one is at the moment.

First Round of NBA Draft Prospects

1. PF Nate Roberts (Boston College), Junior, 6’10”, 251lbs
21.2 points, 2.5 assists, 15.9 rebounds, 1.2 blocks, 0.9 steals

2. SF Paul Orvis (UT-Chattanooga), Sophomore, 6’6”, 199lbs
23.2 points, 3.0 assists, 10.1 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, 2.5 steals

3. SF Wesley Fields (LSU), Sophomore, 6’7”, 221lbs
22.1 points, 5.5 assists, 7.5 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, 1.1 steals

4. SG Murman Andronikov (Estonia), 20 years old, 6’8”, 211lbs
19.4 points, 5.6 assists, 6.9 rebounds, 0.7 blocks, 1.3 steals

5. SF Antoine Martin (Colorado), Junior, 6’5”, 208lbs
21.6 points, 5.4 assists, 8.1 rebounds, 1.4 blocks, 1.4 steals
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:13 pm

December Player of the Month – Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder – 32.5 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.8 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

December Rookie of the Month – Ernest Jameson, Los Angeles Lakers – 11.5 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.4 steals and 0.5 blocks per game.

A massive test in our next game, going into Minnesota to tackle the 25-7 Timberwolves. Kevin Love does his best MVP impression with 36 points and 16 rebounds but needs 35 shots to get those points as we lock down the T-Wolves to win 98-90. Rudy Gay had 28 points while Anderson Varejao destroyed Nikola Pekovic for 20 points and 14 rebounds. Great win by a team that is on the rise.

New York Knicks 23-7

We keep the Warriors to only 77 points as we defeat them 98-77. Anderson Varejao was magnificent against an elite C in Andrew Bogut with 24 points and 17 rebounds in a great team effort. Steph Curry was held to only 4/21 shooting for 11 points.

New York Knicks 24-7

After three games on the road against tough opposition we’re bound to lose a game, and this time against the Spurs we ran out of steam losing 111-89. Kobe Bryant had a game high 31 points while Tiago Splitter had 26 points in only 22 minutes off the bench. That starting five is just not fair, imagine it five years ago as well –

PG Tony Parker
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Tim Duncan
C Dwight Howard

So unfair.

New York Knicks 24-8

Our last game of our road trip was another loss, this time a 101-91 defeat at the hands of Houston. Ex-Knick Jeremy Lin had 33 points while James Harden tossed in 18 points for good measure. Rudy Gay forced the ball too much, scoring 28 points on 36 shots.

New York Knicks 24-9

**TRADE**

Atlanta trade:
PG Jerryd Bayless

Miami trade:
SF Mike Miller
2015 1st round pick

Winner – Atlanta. They get a $6 million expiring contract and a first round pick for a player they didn’t really use.

Speaking of Miami, both Lebron James and Dwyane Wade have torn their Achilles tendon, keeping them out of the team for nearly a year. That’s a combined 50 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists gone missing from the Heat. My only concern is that they will suck so bad that they get the number one draft pick and stuff us all up like when Tim Duncan went to the Spurs.

It’s back to our winning ways with a 115-99 beating of Dallas behind Rudy Gay’s 32 points and 8 rebounds. Chris Paul also had a good game with 22 points and 10 rebounds but it was Paul Pierce’s 12 points in only 9 minutes that stole the show. OJ Mayo was the best for the Mavs with 23 points.

New York Knicks 25-9

That’s what I like to see, a lock down defensive effort. We scored 98 points, the Bulls only managed 68. It’s Aaron Brooks the star off the bench this time, scoring 13 points on 6/6 shooting in 8 minutes. Derrick Rose had a night to forget, going 0/7 for 2 points and 3 turnovers.

New York Knicks 26-9

Atlanta come to town and leave with a L, as we beat them again with our defence 96-83. Ekpe Udoh has a strange statline, 6 point, 5 rebounds and 10 blocks. Anderson Varejao gets the barest of double doubles with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Demond Lewis is the top scorer for the Hawks with only 14 points.

New York Knicks 27-9

We go into Miami to play the Lebron and Wade-less Heat and we get blasted. They destroy us 119-97 as Jameer Nelson has 25 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 11 turnovers. Chris Bosh and Jason Terry both get 20 points each as they shoot 61% from the field. It’s a funny game basketball.

New York Knicks 27-10

The Nuggets have been playing well but nothing could have prepared them for the onslaught we would inflict on them. We got out to a 46 point lead on our way to a 113-73 win. Rudy Gay led the way with 24 points as everyone on our squad scored at least two points. JaVale McGee scored the most for Denver, a paltry 13 points.

New York Knicks 28-10

One of our bogey teams, the Houston Rockets, did it again. They came back from 11 points down in the final term (outscoring us 36-18 in the fourth) to beat us again 111-104. Jeremy Lin is our nemesis with 21 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists to come so close to a triple double. Rudy Gay had 28 points for us but I’m getting damn tired of losing to the Rockets, especially since we are supposed to have an elite defensive backcourt.

New York Knicks 28-11

We take our anger out on Toronto, never letting them lead the game as we go on to win 103-85. Chris Paul is our best with 27 points and 7 assists with five other Knicks getting in on the fun. Kevin Seraphin is the best for the Raptors with 17 points and 7 rebounds.

New York Knicks 29-11

Kevin Durant is at it again, scoring 64 points in their 110-83 win over Washington. He went 22/28 from the field, 8/12 from three and 12/14 from the line to totally demolish the Wizards. Since I have been in the league (this is my third year) he has five of the top seven point totals with James Harden (55 points) and LaMarcus Aldridge (53 points) taking up the other two spots.

The Spurs take us down on our home court 98-85 behind Kawhi Leonard’s 19 points, 9 rebounds and 6 steals. Yeah the fifth best starter beat us. Rudy Gay had 16 points and 20 shots and also turned the ball over 10 times so one game he will want to forget about.

New York Knicks 29-12

We have a few days off so the team is fresh and ready for our next opponent. Unfortunately the Raptors were not ready for us as we beat them 99-79. Rudy Gay was great with 31 points while although Chris Paul shot badly (3/15) he did give out 16 assists. Jonas Valanciunas was the best of a bad bunch with 19 points and 10 rebounds.

New York Knicks 30-12

Rudy Gay has a terrible game against his old team, going 6/22 from the field but his teammates were there to have his back with 22 points and 16 assists from Chris Paul as we beat Memphis 103-88. Ex-Knicks Gerald Wallace, Mario Chalmers and Dion Waiters combined for 27 points but I’ve heard that Waiters is not happy at the Grizzlies. Maybe I can snag him back for cheap.

New York Knicks 31-12

Our last game for January is a shocking overtime win, 122-115. I say shocking because we should not have needed overtime to beat them. Anderson Varejao has his best game as a Knick with 31 points and 17 rebounds but it was Brandon Jennings who stole the show with a triple double, 22 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists before fouling out.

New York Knicks 32-12

We went 10-5 for the month which drops us back to third in the East, half a game behind Indiana and a full game behind leading Cleveland. Orlando won three games last month (shock!) so have taken their record to a whopping 4-41 with Miami dropping like a stone at 20-25.

In the West Minnesota are still leading at 32-14 but San Antonio and New Orleans are only half a game behind them for a crowded top of the ladder. Phoenix are still on the bottom at 8-39 while the Lakers are closing in at 16-30. I wonder how many Lakers games Jack Nicholson is going to now the team has lost all of their stars.

New York Top Points
Rudy Gay – 23.0
Chris Paul – 15.9
Anderson Varejao – 13.7

New York Top Assists
Chris Paul – 9.5
Raymond Felton – 4.1
Rudy Gay – 1.8

New York Top Rebounds
Anderson Varejao – 11.5
Ekpe Udoh – 6.8
Rudy Gay – 6.0

League Top Points
Kevin Durant (OKC) – 31.5
Lebron James (MIA) – 29.8
Kevin Love (MIN) – 28.7

League Top Assists
Rajon Rondo (BOS) – 11.2
Ricky Rubio (MIN) – 10.5
Kyrie Irving (CLE) – 10.3

League Top Rebounds
Kevin Love (MIN) – 13.6
Kenneth Faried (DEN) – 12.3
Derrick Favors (UTA) – 12.1

League Top Efficiency
Lebron James (MIA) – 29.4
Kevin Love (MIN) – 27.8
Anthony Davis (NOH) – 27.3

Rookie Top Efficiency
Ernest Jameson (LAL) – 16.0 (12.0 points, 1.3 assists, 8.6 rebounds, 1.7 steals, 0.4 blocks)
Charles Canady (LAC) – 10.0 (8.2 points, 4.9 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 0.7 steals, 0.2 blocks)
Ben Chambers (BOS) – 10.0 (10.3 points, 0.5 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 0.5 steals, 0.2 blocks)

Second Round of NBA Draft Prospects (previous rank in brackets)

1. (3) SF Wesley Fields (LSU), Sophomore, 6’7”, 221lbs
23.6 points, 5.8 assists, 8.0 rebounds, 1.8 blocks, 1.2 steals

2. (1) PF Nate Roberts (Boston College), Junior, 6’10”, 251lbs
23.5 points, 2.8 assists, 17.6 rebounds, 1.3 blocks, 1.0 steals

3. (NR) C Drew McAfee (North Carolina), 6’9”, 277lbs
14.6 points, 3.9 assists, 9.6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 0.6 steals

4. (5) SF Antoine Martin (Colorado), Junior, 6’5”, 208lbs
18.5 points, 4.7 assists, 7.0 rebounds, 1.2 blocks, 1.2 steals

5. (2) SF Paul Orvis (UT-Chattanooga), 6’6”, 199lbs
26.4 points, 3.5 assists, 11.5 rebounds, 2.4 blocks, 2.8 steals
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Looking at the starting five of the Spirs reminded me of the Heat's roster in my Sonics expansion franchise I am running. The offseason before the third season of my league, the Heat signed Dirk to a 1-year, $3 mil deal. They then dealt away a couple of their stiffs off the bench for Kevin Garnett when Bksh went down with an injury. Next they traded for Jameer Nelskn and at the deadline swung a deal for Tim Duncan. Their first 7 in the rotation were:

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - LeBron James
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Chris Bosh
6 - Kevin Garnett
7 - Tim Duncan

Somehow the New Orleans bounced them out in the ECF (Hornets moved East due to two expansion teams in the west) en route to winning the title.
Rizzo

Postby Myles Nelson » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:52 am

Nice 11 game winning streak you had going there.
Writer of Heading to the Big Easy (DDSPB3), Rising to the Top of the Pac-12 (DDSCB2), and Motor City Basketball: Restoring the Piston's Glory (DDSPB2).
Myles Nelson

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports