Do You Believe In Magic?: An Old Warrior In Orlando

Postby Myles Nelson » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm

mgsports wrote:Yes but Nelson is the PG and nobody wants QRICH or JRCH and Houston could get Howard if they had White/Lamb and other first round Pick on it's team and it we could added like go past 6 Players in Trade from the Magic and Multi Team to.

Nash is the point guard, he traded away QRich already, and why send Howard to Houston for pieces when he could get Durant from the Thunder?

mgsports, you are in the wrong universe. This is Jestor's world now :)
Writer of Heading to the Big Easy (DDSPB3), Rising to the Top of the Pac-12 (DDSCB2), and Motor City Basketball: Restoring the Piston's Glory (DDSPB2).
Myles Nelson

Postby mgsports » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I was just saying that you can't do that Houston Trade at the moment.
mgsports

Postby LightningStrike5 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 pm

mgsports wrote:I was just saying that you can't do that Houston Trade at the moment.

Ok... what? And further more, so?
LightningStrike5

Postby Myles Nelson » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 pm

mgsports wrote:I was just saying that you can't do that Houston Trade at the moment.

In commissioner mode you can.
Writer of Heading to the Big Easy (DDSPB3), Rising to the Top of the Pac-12 (DDSCB2), and Motor City Basketball: Restoring the Piston's Glory (DDSPB2).
Myles Nelson

Postby lees » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:20 am

mgsports wrote:Yes but Nelson is the PG and nobody wants QRICH or JRCH and Houston could get Howard if they had White/Lamb and other first round Pick on it's team and it we could added like go past 6 Players in Trade from the Magic and Multi Team to.

The last time I checked the 1.2 default file the picks were correctly assigned to the teams (so Houston with their masses of picks in the 10s), so now you can do the trade. And remeber, this is a game, not reality. Or do you want to start complaining that player xy doesn't average exactly 28.12847128 points a game, shooting exactly 53.2958127838930 percent from the floor?
lees

Postby IWWROCKS » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:55 am

Houston can't do the Houston trade at the moment

On topic though, really enjoying this Tim! keep it up.
IWWROCKS

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 am

LightningStrike5 wrote:Wow, CPU. Wow. Dwight and a 2nd for Durant? The CPU needs to be shot

I actually had a conversation with Tim about this and the big thing here is trying to ignore the reality of the current Howard situation.

In the first corner you have a 26 year old center who is the most imposing physical force in the league who is an absolute lock for 20 and 12 at a minimum. Two blocks and more than a steal per game and multi time DPOY winner.

In the second corner a 23 year old scoring phenom who will get you 28-30 per night with some contributions in boards and steals but is truly a wing player and not a good defender.

Which guy do you want? If you say you'll take the wing guy you're just not being that honest. Player A gives you plenty of points and is a complete beast on the defensive end. All throughout history teams have searched for that player (hello draft picks Michael Olowokandi, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden).

Yeah Dwight won't get traded for anything like that now because of the situation he has caused. If he was 100% happy there's no chance Orlando would ever move him because it's much, much easier to find a good scoring wing than it is to find a dominant post player.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby LightningStrike5 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Really, don't take that post as an insult to the CPU. It's just doing it's job, and yes, in the game world I completely get the deal being fair. I just can't separate the fantasy from the reality of this game that well, so a real like Durant/Dwight trade is mind boggling. Not meaning to insult the game logic there.
LightningStrike5

Postby mgsports » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes the Picks are almost right but could be updated to refflect the Trades that happened on Draft Night and Techionally the Rockets picked in real life White/Lamb and so on in this year Draft.
mgsports

Postby lees » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Once again, the game right now starts BEFORE the draft. The part after the draft starts on October 30th, last time I checked we have July 30th, by my count we are still three months short.
lees

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports