New York, New York! Bringing a championship home

Postby interstellarshadow » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:06 am

Jones never recorded an NBA block. Oops.
interstellarshadow

Postby PointGuard » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Hey, he's English...for him the NBA recorded them as "deflections". :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby zike_42 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:50 pm

interstellarshadow wrote:Jones never recorded an NBA block. Oops.

You don't see it a lot but there are quite a few players that haven't recorded a block. Hall of Famer James McDaniel never blocked one while guys like Mike Bickerstaf, Daniel Brazzle, DJ Brown, Jamil Fleming, Nathan Gordon, Earl Harris, Mack Haston, and Leon Oliver (who is a 6'9" PF) have never blocked a shot.
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:12 pm

There are three guys that I would be happy with drafting – Rashon Woods, Mathias Wabbes and Delawn Hooks, in that order. Cross all your fingers and toes that they don’t all go in the three picks before ours.

2042 NBA Draft

1 – Philadelphia – PF Matias Wabbes
They must still have faith in Chad DeWitt. Wabbes is a fantastic prospect who could be a top five PF in the future. Finally, the Sixers do something right (but wait for them to screw it up somehow).

With the Warriors having Tip Rice I’m praying they don’t take Woods.

2 – Golden State – PF Quin Crosby
Swing and a miss. If they wanted a PF they should have taken Delawn Hooks. Crosby will still be a good player but this is the wrong player to pick here.

I don’t take any chances so I trade picks #4 and #30 to Boston for #3. There’s a rumour that they’re wanted Hooks so getting another first round pick for someone they don’t really want is a win for them.

3 – Phoenix – C Rashon Woods
I take no time in picking the guy I wanted. He’s perfect for this roster and at 23 years old he’s already in NBA shape. He averaged 20 rebounds and 5 blocks a game for goodness sake!

4 – Boston – PF Delawn Hooks
It’s a win/win trade as the Celtics pick up a cornerstone PF for the future. This draft is soooo good.

5 – Minnesota – SG Derion Perez
Probably the best SG in the draft so the Wolves got what they wanted. I’m not sure if he’s worthy of a top five pick but if that’s what they were after then it’s a tick for the Wolves.

6 – New York – C Michael Porter
Great pick here by the Knicks. He’s similar to Woods as he’s a massive rebounder and Porter is a better scorer, but Woods is a much better defender. The Knicks’ fans should be happy.

7 – Memphis – PG DeAntoine Favors
Probably not the best PG in the draft (that would be Matt Wrenn) and definitely not the best talent left. Pretty bad pick by the Grizz and in such a loaded draft it makes it so much worse.

8 – Milwaukee – SG Scott Clark
A real gunner who can light it up from anywhere on the court. He’s not just a shooter though as he’s a willing passer and a good rebounder for his size. He doesn’t have the best ceiling but he’ll be a 10 year player in this league.

9 – Toronto – PF Mike Ward
Slipped a little because of a less than ideal attitude. He has the talent and if the Raptors can reign him in then they have a great player.

10 – Utah – PG Marcus Johnson
This draft is so deep, it’s crazy that Johnson went #10. I don’t know how much court time he’s going to get behind Gamal Hicks but it’s a good pick nonetheless.

11 – Denver – SG Vitali Gurevich
Another quality player as in any other draft he could have gone top six. I would call it a steal at #11 but there aren’t many players you could pick him over.

12 – Cleveland – SF Marcus Jenkins
He may have no work ethic and can’t play a lick of defence but Jenkins is a baller. He has all the tools to be an All Star so hopefully he pulls his finger out and works on his game.

13 – Portland – PG Matt Wrenn
I class Wrenn as the best point guard in the draft so to get him at #13 is like Christmas. He was 0.5 assists per game away from a triple double on the season in college and I think he’l be at least good. The experts hate this pick for some reason but I stand by my statement.

14 – Nevada – C Kurt Russell
Another top ten talent that trails to the end of the lottery. Great pick by the Neon (I’m starting to sound like a broken record).

15 – Miami – PG Delvin Walker
Not very good at much but not horrible at much either. To be honest, this is a horrible pick and dafter all of great talent it’s a little disappointing.

16 – Indiana – SG Ezra Riley
A pretty good pick for #16 as you don’t really expect much for the end of the lottery.

17 – Seattle – SG Chris Wilcox
18 – Sacramento – C Oswaldo Peixoto
19 – Cleveland – SG Jimmy Martin
20 – Boston – C John Roberts
21 – San Diego – SG Dana Dare
22 – Oklahoma City – SF Craig Fox
23 – Orlando – PF Bryan Telly
24 – Atlanta – SF Jason Weir
25 – Dallas – SG Kareem Gardner
26 – Minnesota – PG Thomas Majerus
27 – Detroit – PF Rod Brown
28 – San Antonio – PF Jamie Slocum
29 – Charlotte – SG Daniel Evans
30 – Boston – PF Martin Pack
31 – Chicago – PF Shawn Archey
32 – Houston – C Joe Boxler

Some decent trades at the draft. No blow up the TV deals but still good.

Portland trade:
PF Gerald Howard

Seattle trade:
SG Ben Angeli

Winner – Both. It probably should be a win for the Blazers as Angeli is a great player in a position of need but so is Howard. They both play hard and will give plenty for their new teams.

San Diego trade:
SF David Sanden
SF Matt Anderson

Seattle trade:
PG Israel Payne

Winner – San Diego. The Sonics go for cap space as both Sanden and Anderson are expirings next season. Payne should be starting for the Riders as he’s a very good distributor that could (and has) average 10+ apg on a season.

Los Angeles trade:
PF Herb Celuck

Toronto trade:
PG Dan Rayner
2042 2nd round pick

Winner – Toronto. Granted both of the players will be bench guys, Celuck is a better player. The Raptors are still relying on Daniel Brazzle as their point guard which isn’t the best use of his talents.

Seattle trade:
C Renard Hawkins

Utah trade:
SF Simon Payne
2042 2nd round pick

Winner – Utah. The Jazz needed a quality centre that could start for them and they got one (just). Hawkins can play as a starting centre if needed but they now have $27 million tied up in Oliver Roe, Jeff Parker and Hawkins and none of them are quality players.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:54 pm

I renounce Jason Collins, Keith Chapman, Bernard Polite, Josh Louis and Tarrell Gates while holding onto Michael Harmon and Darryl Abrams and making Romanos Demosthenous a restricted free agent. I’m not too worried about Darryl as we have plenty of big men but he’s been good to us so he should be rewarded.

Olaf, Nyan, Sam, Eddie Grace and Rashon all get call ups to the summer league and I really want to see what Woodsy can do.

Our first game was crazy as we had a 42-19 second quarter then the Sonics blast back with a 48-22 third quarter! We won the other two (just) as we squeak out a 120-119 win. Nyah was fantastic with 20 points and 14 rebounds while Woodsy had a great first game with 20 points and 14 rebounds. Mac Davis was the star for the Sonics going 8/12 from three for 29 points.

Next up was much easier as we kept the Jazz to 37% shooting to win 102-75. Nyah was again our high man with 17 points while Woodsy had 11 points and 13 rebounds. He might not ever be a top flight scorer but he’ll always be close to double figure rebounds.

That’s three wins in a row as Woodsy shows off his shot blocking abilities with 15 points, 14 rebounds and 8 blocks as we smash the Riders 113-92. Olaf has been great so far and had 12 points and 9 assists in the win. Sam was the high man with 22 points and Nyah was close with 18 points.

With this team I didn’t think we would lose a game but here we are, losing 97-93 to Miami. Dario Lima was the star with 20 points and 11 rebounds while holding Woodsy to 8 points and 5 fouls. Nyah led us with 20 points while Olaf went 0/6 and 8 turnovers. Seriously.

Our last game was an easy one as Nyah rattled off 28 points as we beat the Bulls 102-80. Sam and Woodsy combined for 29 points, 19 rebounds and 9 blocks which is great in anyone’s language.

Just like the draft this free agency crop is STACKED. I’m not going to do a top ten I’m going to do a top twenty because it’s that damn good.

PG Michael Harmon
PF Zan Tepavac
PG Joe Adras
C Adam Bell*
PF Reggie Smith
C Steve Howard*
SF Juia Henchoz
PG Winston Shannon*
SF Shaun Ashman*
C Chad DeWitt
SF Chris Howard*
PF Lewis Jones*
C Ben Jensen
SF Rich Muckle*
SF Chris Bannon*
PF Chri Morrison
PF Kurt Sutton*
PF Buck Mason
PF Nathaniel Jackson
C Aaron White

And that’s not including Kevin Morrison, Tom Julius, Jamie McMillian and Kennedy Bracey. Wow.

I offer Harms the same contract that I gave to Cameron Brown: 5 years, $77.5 million. I hope he likes winning more than money. Roman can wait because he’s a restricted free agent.

It was like two weeks before any activity happened and when it did it wasn’t that exciting. Joe Adras, Lewis Jones, Steve Howard and Juia Henchoz all go back to their teams while Harms re-signs here which is great news. Now I can fill out the rest of the roster. I offer Roman a 5 year, $30 million contract which might be underpaying someone of his talent level but if he’s still going to be a bench player I can’t have him making too much. He’s also a restricted free agent so I can be a little stingy.

Like the day before, there were a lot of re-signings with Zan Tepavac, Winston Shannon, Chris Howard, Kevin Morrison and Adam Bell re-upping with their respective teams.

The Lakers are the first team to make a splash as they not only re-signed Shaun Ashman but they stole Chri Morrison for a 4 year, $38 million deal to bolster their big man stocks.

The next day the Rockets decide to come to the party as well, signing Tom Julius to an offer sheet of 4 years, $36 million which should be matched by the Sixers.

Tender offer signing day comes around which knocks out most of the rest of the talent but not without some news. Roman re-signs with us instead of taking the tender offer while Reggie Smith jumps ship to another team, this time to Milwaukee for four years.

Nathaniel Jackson goes back to Utah and that seems to be the rest of the big names gone. There is still some great starter type players but none of the guys you would throw truck loads of cash at. Good news for Houston fans as the Sixers don’t match the offer for Tom Julius and he’s now officially a Rocket.

I guess because I’m a sucker for the Rookie Six I sign Cort Majishun, Kenneth Long and Jack Dawkins to one year minimum deals. They won’t do much as they’re all 37 years old but if we can get them one more title it would be awesome.

Darryl Abrams and Torian Roma sign back here and with 15 players I’m done. I’m at $17 million over the cap which is a little too much than I would have wanted but I’m not worried about it too much.

Training camp comes and goes and it’s great news. Olaf has become quite a good point guard and at this stage could even start for some low teams so having him back up Harms is fantastic. Woodsy didn’t improve much at 23 years old but what he has now is amazing and will definitely be starting from day one.

Western Conference Pre-Season Rankings
1 – Phoenix Suns

2 – Utah Jazz
3 – San Antonio Spurs
4 – Oklahoma City Thunder
5 – Los Angeles Lakers
Last – Portland Trailblazers

Of course we’re ranked #1 in the West and honestly, this could be the most talented team I’ve ever put together. The rest of the rankings look pretty good but I would probably slip the Lakers out for the Kings. Lou Beck is going to have to do everything for the Blazers because their talent stocks are lacking.

Eastern Conference Pre-Season Rankings
1 – Charlotte Bobcats
2 – Toronto Raptors
3 – Indiana Pacers
4 – Brooklyn Nets
5 – New Orleans Hornets
Last – Boston Celtics

The Bobcats are the real deal this season but they’ll have competition from anyone of these top five teams. Let’s hope Delawn Hooks gets plenty of run because the Celtics won’t have much else to get excited about.

Pre-Season All NBA First Team:
Michael Harmon, Phoenix Suns
Cameron Brown, Phoenix Suns
Marshod Anderson, Phoenix Suns

Deon Fox, Charlotte Bobcats
Tip Rice, Golden State Warriors

Pre-Season All NBA Second Team:
Gamal Hicks, Utah Jazz
Nathan Gordon, Los Angeles Lakers
James Carroll, Houston Rockets
Ishmael Faye, Indiana Pacers
BJ Watson, Toronto Raptors

Pre-Season All NBA Third Team:
Mack Haston, San Antonio Spurs
Daniel Brazzle, Toronto Raptors
Juia Henchoz, Orlando Magic
Zan Tepavac, Oklahoma City Thunder
Adam Bell, Memphis Grizzlies

I know you all want this season to get going, so here is your 2042-2043 “Three-peat!” Phoenix Suns –

PG – Michael Harmon
SG – Cameron Brown
SF – Marshod Anderson
PF – Pin-zhen Yuan
C – Rashon Woods
6th – Sam Russell
7th – Darryl Abrams
8th – Nyah Elliott
9th – Romanos Demosthenous
10th – Jack Dawkins
11th – Kenneth Long
12th – Olaf Milosz
13th – Torian Roma
14th – Cort Majishun
D-League – Eddie Grace
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Our first game of the season was done in the first quarter as we take a 37-19 lead after one against the Wolves. After that it was easy as pie as we won 111-91 behind some nice performances. Harms was our best with 20 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds while Pin added 20 points and 9 rebounds an Marshod put up 23 points as well. In a spooky coincidence, five players on the bench scored four points each. Rookie Derion Perez looks to have the green light already and had 21 points in the loss

Phoenix Suns 1-0

It was business as usual in game two, with Marshod having 24 points and the team having a 124-94 win over Utah. It was our defence and shooting that did the damage as they shot 41% and we shot 57% so that’s pretty obvious. Harms had 22 points and 8 assists while Torian Roma poked his head up with 11 points in 11 minutes. Derrick Culuko of all people led the Jazz with 18 points and 8 rebounds as Scott Oates and Nathaniel Jackson, you know, their stars, went 2/20 for 5 points.

Phoenix Suns 2-0

Chris Bannon and Pin had an epic battle with Bannon having 35 points and 7 rebounds while our centre had 20 points and 17 rebounds but we finished on top. A 36-21 last quarter did the damage as we remain unbeaten with a 108-103 win. Marshod led us with 30 points while Harms was again solid with 23 points. Deon Fox is a bonafide superstar and had 18 points and 14 rebounds in the loss.

Phoenix Suns 3-0

It was the Harms and Marshod show against the Lakers with the duo having 55 points to lead us to a 120-83 victory. Woodsy had 10 points and 11 rebounds while Cam had his best game with 18 points and 9 assists. Nathan Gordon should not be playing PG but for some stupid reason they have him there and judging by his 9 points, 9 assists and 5 turnovers, he’s not doing a good job.

Phoenix Suns 4-0

It’s the battle of the unbeaten teams as we go up against the 5-0 Pistons and their superstar Jamie McMillian. He didn’t disappoint with 31 points and 7 rebounds but he didn’t have much help as we keep our perfect start going with a 114-104 win. Marshod had a game high 35 points but Harms, Cam and Pin combined for 56 points which made the difference.

Phoenix Suns 5-0

It was always going to happen and with the Thunder cooling us off we lost our first game of the season 117-109 in OKC. Axel Rancik shot horribly for 25 points but Matt Cook had his back with 28 points. We shot 43% with Marshod going 7/19 and Cam hitting 6/16 shots. It was disappointing because Pin had a stellar game with 21 points and 18 rebounds.

Phoenix Suns 5-1

Juia Henchoz and Pete Edgerson went 12/36 from the field, which means we beat the Orlando, right? Nope as Salvador Rios had 18 points and 16 rebounds to beat us 105-97. Again we shot terribly, going 40% from the floor with Harms going 4/12. Oh yeah, we turned the ball over 17 times.

Phoenix Suns 5-2

The big news from our 104-77 rout of Cleveland was not that Marshod had 29 points or Harms added 24 points and 11 assists but what happened after the game. Rashon Woods went off at Michael Harmon, yelling about how he doesn’t get the ball enough and as the point guard, Harms should feed him more. Obviously Harms wasn’t too impressive with this coming from a guy who has only played eight games and gave it back. I sit them both in my office and tell them that this is not going to be tolerated and they need to cool off and get back in line. Both players looked sheepish so hopefully it doesn’t happen again because I don’t want to trade either of them.

Phoenix Suns 6-2

We get back on the horse like nothing ever happened as we beat the Bucks 114-103 after a flurry from them in the last quarter. Pin was our best with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 4 steals while Cam and Harms combined for 45 points. Woodsy went 2/8 from the field for 6 points, 10 rebounds and 6 blocks and just between you and me, if he’s going to shoot that bad I can feel for Harms. Reggie Smith went 3/17 for 8 points and 5 turnovers.

Phoenix Suns 7-2

Our big three combined for 71 points as we smash the Hornets 123-104 while Woodsy had 3 points and 12 rebounds. David Stetson and Lewis Jones had 53 points but the rest of the team shot badly with Buck Mason going 4/15 from the foul line which is insane.

Phoenix Suns 8-2

It’s strange that we only shot 49% from the field but still put up 134 points as seven players were in double figures to beat New York 134-100. Marshod had 25 points with Pin adding 23 points and 13 rebounds. Ezra Kidd had 19 points and 7 assists for the Knicks but they don’t have any superstar players which is what you need in this league. They have good but not great players like Kidd and Kurt Sutton. Cam and Harms combined for 32 points and 24 assists.

Phoenix Suns 9-2

Cam took the Hawks to school, going 13/20 for 38 points and 14 assists as we win 127-104. Harms and Marshod didn’t pout with 48 points between them as we shot 56% from the field. Carl Willis had 28 points but Jordan Williamson is down with a broken nose.

Phoenix Suns 10-2

It was the battle of Marshod vs Rich Muckle and Marshod blasted our old SF with 35 points to 14 points as we beat the Nets 123-112. Woodsy had his best game so far with 13 points and 17 rebounds while Darryl Abrams had 19 points and 3 blocks because Pin had foul trouble. He had foul trouble because Luigi Cannavaro was fantastic with 28 points and 7 rebounds.

Phoenix Suns 11-2

The Sixers actually beat us. You read that right, Chad DeWitt (28 points) and Philadelphia beat us 105-92 after a 28-16 run in the last quarter. Sigh. Matias Wabbes is doing great things there with 17 points and 8 rebounds and maybe they’re turning the corner. The reason we lost is because we turned the ball over 20 times compared to their 9 as Marshod had 28 points.

Phoenix Suns 11-3

The Spurs are 14-1 and smashing everyone in their path with an average winning margin of 14 points a game. Which is strange because that’s exactly the amount we beat them, 113-99 on their home court. Mashod was spectacular with 33 points while Cam missed just three shots for 25 points. Dave Smith had 23 points for San Antonio but even though Mack Haston had 13 assists he only had 17 points, seven less than his average.

Phoenix Suns 12-3

For some reason the Nets aren’t too good this season but when Luigi Cannavaro puts up 34 points and 10 rebounds we’re going to lose, even with Rich Muckle going 4/19. Steve Baxter had 26 points and 11 rebounds to form a great front court with Cannavaro as we lose to the 4-10 (now 5-10) Nets 114-107. Marshod is a lone hand with 32 points as Cam shot 2/9. He’s just not on form yet which is strange after 16 games.

Phoenix Suns 12-4

Arthimus Smallwood is on a tear to start the season, averaging 21.3 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 5.5 steals and 2.8 blocks a game and he’s leading the Rockets to a perfect start at 8-0 and on top of the West. The Spurs are right behind them at 15-2 while the Riders are half a game ahead of us at 12-3 so it’s busy at the top. Milwaukee are last in the conference at 4-14.

In the East the Pacers have raced out to a 14-2 record with Detroit (13-4), Chicago (11-5) and Charlotte (10-5) behind them. The Raptors are last for some reason as they haven’t had any injuries and they have too much talent to be there but they’re 3-12.

Phoenix Top Points
Marshod Anderson – 26.6
Michael Harmon – 20.9
Cameron Brown – 19.3

Phoenix Top Assists
Michael Harmon – 8.1
Cameron Brown – 6.9
Rashon Woods – 1.5

Phoenix Top Rebounds
Pin-zhen Yuan – 10.2
Rashon Woods – 9.7
Darryl Abrams – 5.6

League Leaders
Points – Tip Rice (GSW) – 29.9
Assists – Israel Payne (SDR) – 12.5
Rebounds – Abel Williams (IND) – 11.0
Blocks – Adam Bell (MEM) – 3.7
Steals – Arthimus Smallwood (HOU) – 5.5
Efficiency – James Carroll (HOU) – 31.3

Rookie Leaders
Points – Mathias Wabbes (PHI) – 18.8
Assists – Scott Clark (MIL) – 3.9
Rebounds – Rashon Woods (PHO) – 9.7
Blocks – Rashon Woods (PHO) – 2.3
Steals – Rashon Woods (PHO) – 1.2
Efficiency – Rashon Woods (PHO) – 17.0
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:56 am

November Player of the Month – Ishmael Faye, Indiana Pacers – 28.8 points, 0.5 assists, 6.8 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 3.1 blocks per game.

November Rookie of the Month – Matias Wabbes, Philadelphia 76ers – 18.8 points, 1.1 assists, 5.4 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 0.2 blocks per game.

Our highest scoring player was Harms with 23 points. Yet we beat the Rockets 140-112, so who got the rest of the points? Well, we had seven players with at least 11 points with Roman having 20 points and Olaf blitzing 12 points in 7 minutes off the bench. Pin continued his fine season with 19 points and 8 rebounds. Arthimus Smallwood continued his amazing season with 29 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals.

Phoenix Suns 13-4

Well, crap. On our way to a 100-86 win over Toronto with Marshod leading the way with 23 points, something horrible happened. Going up for a contested lay up, Cam was bumped (accidently) and came down hard on his leg and the scream was unmistakeable: he’s in trouble. After the game the doctors delivered the worst news that he’s torn his knee tendon and will be out for at least a whole calendar year. It was a sombre locker room as you could probably imagine.

Phoenix Suns 14-4

Roman will start at SG.

He… didn’t play well. I don’t entirely blame him as he was going up against probably the best defensive wing in the game today in Williams Shine but a 1/3 night was tough. It didn’t matter as we beat Detroit easily 103-86 as Harms had 24 points and 7 assists. Darryl had a nice game was well with 14 points and 7 rebounds while him and Pin held Jamie McMillian to only 9 points and 4 rebounds.

Phoenix Suns 15-4

Without Cam it was a bloodbath as Cliff Havens went 13/20 from the field and a crazy 8/9 from three for 44 points as the Riders torch us 119-101. Israel Payne is finally starting again and dished out 22 assists while forcing Harms to 10 turnovers. All in all, we got smashed.

Phoenix Suns 15-5

With Cam out it’s going to force Pin to become that third star and boy did he do it against Golden State. Going up against the highest scoring player in the whole league in Tip Rice, our big man had 28 points and 11 rebounds while holding Rice to only 19 points. That might sound decent but this guy is averaging 30 points a game as we win 115-93. Marshod led the game with 35 points while Roman had a nice one with 18 points.

Phoenix Suns 16-5

Harms and Woodsy both hurt themselves in the game (don’t worry, they didn’t hurt each other) and we just didn’t recover as the Kings run off a 32-19 last quarter to beat us 115-100. Joe Adras showed why he’s an MVP player with 22 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists while Diego Acosta was amazing with 17 points, 9 rebounds and 9 blocks. Marshod was again our best with 22 points but we had no other help as Harms turned the ball over 8 times with only 9 points.

Phoenix Suns 16-6

This team is reeling from Cam’s injury as we go down again to Miami 113-110. Mark Lyday had 34 points and Quinton Scott had his first triple double with 20 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists as we let them shoot 56% from the floor. Pin wasn’t at fault with 29 points and 20 rebounds while Roman also was a star with 28 points of his own but Marshod shot 3/14 which is terrible for anyone.

Phoenix Suns 16-7

I had thought crossed my mind where I could trade the injured Cam Brown to a team that isn’t doing too well for a player that could actually play this season What a horribly person I would be to toss out our captain who has taken us to two titles just because he’s injured. Ugh, you’re a terrible person for thinking that Yaxley.

In a track meet where both teams were over 120 points, Marshod Anderson was king. Going 21/31 from the field and 13/18 from the line he scored a whopping 55 points and 10 rebounds as we beat the Jazz 130-122. I think that might be close to the most points anyone of my players has ever scored which is impressive as I’ve had some legends of the game in my squads. Nathaniel Jackson had 31 points for Utah.

Phoenix Suns 17-7

Another game with both teams over 120 points and another game where we win as it was Harms’ turn to smash our opponents as we beat Miami in Florida 132-120. Our superstar point guard had 43 points, 14 assists and 4 steals in a spectacular display. Marshod continued his fine form with 38 points on only 18 field goal attempts. Joey Peterson had 32 points for the Heat with Rick Erickson playing spot minutes with a calf injury.

Phoenix Suns 18-7

The Raptors are confusing me as they have a quality squad without any injuries yet they’re sitting at 5-19 on the season. Make that 5-20 as we beat them 118-100 on their home turf with Harms doing the damage with 33 points and 9 assists. Roman had a great game with 24 points while Pin had the only double double of the game with 13 points and 13 rebounds. BJ Watson only had 8 points while Daniel Brazzle didn’t do much better with 13 points.

Phoenix Suns 19-7

It was bound to happen in a Hell Week but I didn’t think it would happen against the Bucks as Reggie Smith FINALLY has a good game against me with 28 points and 9 rebounds as they stomp us 118-106. We shot woefully at 40% as Harms was the only decent player with 30 points and 11 rebounds. One of those games where you just forget it and move on.

Phoenix Suns 19-8

The Jazz get swift revenge after last game as we turn the ball over a whopping 25 times to lose 113-104. Phil Magnum is looking like a draft steal with 24 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists after being picked #25 four years ago. Harms had 41 points but turned it over 8 times. Woodsy and Pin had 25 rebounds between them.

Phoenix Suns 19-9

We don’t let it get to be a serious streak as Marshod turned on the jets for 34 points and 8 rebounds as we beat the Wolves in Minny 115-102. Roman is enjoying starting more and more and went 10/13 for 22 points and 6 blocks as the team block a crazy 19 shots tonight. Steve Howard had 24 points and 11 rebounds but Derion Perez had one of those rookie nights where he’ll learn to not shoot it every time he has the ball, going 6/24 for 17 points.

Phoenix Suns 20-9

God dammit Rashon. I really didn’t want it to come to this but after going at Harms again I sat him down into my office and tell him this is his last straw, either straighten up or I’ll trade you. You know what he said, “Fine.” Fine, he’s out.

The problem is that no-one seems him as I do. They don’t see him as the defensive star in the making and won’t give up much. I nearly trade him to Toronto but they’re hilariously still under the impression that they’re a playoff contender at 5-21. Even with me trading the best part of the deal for their first rounder. Denial.

I go to Boston and see if they’re willing to trade Woods for Delawn Hooks and they politely laugh it off. I don’t blame them. I try Atlanta, Golden State and Minnesota before Toronto comes back to me with an updated trade proposal. It’s has me paying more but it’s good enough.

Phoenix trade:
C Rashon Woods
SG Nyah Elliott
C Eddie Grace
SF Torian Roma
2043 1st round pick

Toronto trade:
PF Herb Celuck
SF Todd Woods
2043 1st round pick

Winner – Both. The Suns trade three good young players that should give plenty to the team as well as Roma who is a solid vet. The Raptors trade (at the moment) the best odds of winning the number one pick as well as a decent player in Celuck. They get out of Todd Woods’ $5 million corpse contract as well. Both teams got what they wanted as Phoenix traded their disgruntled player while Toronto got a guy who, if keeps his head in, will be far and away the best part of this trade.

I feel like I’ve been had a little here as even though I got a great draft pick, it’s not going to stay there for long with Woods on the team. Oh well, at least he’s off the squad. I sign a couple of Keith’s, Chapman and Dudley to round out the squad.

In our first game of the new team we didn’t play too well. Neither did San Antonio as both teams were under 90 points which is crazy for day and age. Sam Russell is now starting at PF and went 0/4 for 1 point, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks as we lose 89-87. Roman was our high man with 18 points with Marshod and Harms having 16 points apiece. Mack Haston was the best for the Spurs with 16 points and 7 assists as both teams’ suffocating defence made this game a wonder to watch. In a league where every team is scoring at least 105 points and all but five are scoring 110+ it was refreshing to see both sides give it shot on the other end.

Phoenix Suns 20-10

Herb Celuck got the start on the last day of 2042 and even though it was another sub-100 point game by both teams we had this one in the bag, beating Denver 94-85. Marshod went 8/25 for 32 points but did go 15/18 from the line which is where we won the game as we went to the stripe 40 times to the Nuggets 19. Tom Jordan went 6/21 for 14 points, 12 rebounds and 6 turnovers in a very inefficient game.

Phoenix Suns 21-10

To think that with a winning percentage at .677 we’re sitting fourth in the conference! Houston (18-6), San Antonio (24-8) and San Diego (19-7) are all above us and to think that there is still four team below us with a winning percentage of .550 or better. Damn this is a brutal conference. Minnesota are sitting way away from that at 8-23.

Rashon Woods has played two games for the Raptors, both starting, and averaged 6 points, 8.5 rebounds and 4 blocks a game in their two losses. Which means they’re still last in the conference at 5-27 with Detroit sitting in first place at 27-7 with Chicago on their heels at 23-7.

Phoenix Top Points
Marshod Anderson – 26.2
Michael Harmon – 21.6
Cameron Brown – 18.9*
Pin-zhen Yuan – 14.0

Phoenix Top Assists
Michael Harmon – 8.7
Cameron Brown – 6.5*
Olaf Milosz – 2.3
Marshod Anderson – 1.6

Phoenix Top Rebounds
Pin-zhen Yuan – 10.8
Marshod Anderson – 5.7
Herb Celuck – 5.1

League Leaders
Points – Tip Rice (GSW) – 30.2
Assists – Israel Payne (SDR) – 14.3
Rebounds – Pin-zhen Yuan (PHO) – 10.8
Blocks – Adam Bell (MEM) – 3.9
Steals – Arthimus Smallwood (HOU) – 3.6
Efficiency – Ishmael Faye (IND) – 30.0

Rookie Leaders
Points – Derion Perez (MIN) – 20.2
Assists – DeAntoine Favors (MEM) – 3.3
Rebounds – Rashon Woods (TOR) – 8.2
Blocks – Rashon Woods (TOR) – 2.1
Steals – Rashon Woods (TOR) – 1.0
Efficiency – Matias Wabbes (PHI) – 17.1

First Round of NBA Draft Prospects –
1. SG William Cornette (Massachusetts), Freshman, 6’6”, 197lbs
2. PG Antoine Bedard (High School), Senior, 6’4”, 201lbs
3. SF John Prato (High School), Senior, 6’6”, 219lbs
4. PF Desmond Taylor (Indiana), Sophomore, 6’10”, 218lbs
5. PG Scott Smith (High School), Senior, 6’1”, 162lbs

Thoughts – It’s the draft of the point guards at the moment with Bedard and Smith joined by Gerald Watkins at #6 for PGs in the top ten. Bedard is looking fantastic as not only does he have fantastic size but he’s averaging a triple double at the moment in high school with 33 points, 11 assists and 12 rebounds a game to go along with 2.5 steals and 1.5 blocks a game. Wow is an understatement.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby interstellarshadow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:52 pm

I think Rashon was definitely benefiting from playing on a team with a bunch of probable HoFers and championship pedigree. Toronto doesn't have that, so it makes sense to see him struggling there.
interstellarshadow

Postby zike_42 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 am

interstellarshadow wrote:I think Rashon was definitely benefiting from playing on a team with a bunch of probable HoFers and championship pedigree. Toronto doesn't have that, so it makes sense to see him struggling there.

He's young so he will get better but you're right, having all those great players around may have screened his weaknesses.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:52 am

December Player of the Month – Tip Rice, Golden State Warriors – 30.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.1 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

December Rookie of the Month – Derion Perez, Minnesota Timberwolves – 22.1 point, 3.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.5 steals and 0.6 blocks per game.

Only one decent trade in December.

Cleveland trade:
2043 1st round pick

Memphis trade:
PF Gyasi Newman

Winner – Memphis. Newman is a basic player who is not going to make the currently 10-20 Cavs that much better. The Grizz just got a lottery pick for practically nothing.

We get our revenge on San Diego as Roman holds Cliff Havens to only 6/23 shooting while Ryan Holcomb also shoots badly as we win 111-89. Marshod was our star with 26 points and 9 rebounds while Harms added 23 points, 10 assists and 6 rebounds in the win.

Phoenix Suns 22-10

I wonder how long Tip Rice is going to stand sucking with the Warriors. I know he’s only been there for three years but they really haven’t done much in that time. It didn’t get any easier in our game as they never led as we beat them comfortably 134-107. Harms was fantastic with 28 points and 14 assists while Marshod and Sam combined for 46 points and 25 rebounds. We had two great bench performances as well as Herb had 16 points and 11 rebounds and Olaf put up 16 points and 7 assists as Pin and Roman fouled out real early. Rice was the only good thing for the Warriors with 27 points (but only one rebound) as Darnell Kimbrough, who is in his fifth season out there, went 1/13 from the field.

Phoenix Suns 23-10

When we shoot 53% to our opponents’ 39%, we rarely lose. Which isn’t what we did as the Wolves were culled 123-86 by our hand. Marshod had 32 points as everyone played at least ten minutes which was nice for the bench guys who don’t get much court time. Sam was great with 12 points, 9 rebounds and 7 blocks while Pin fouled out in less than 15 minutes for the second time running. Steve Howard had 20 points but had no help what so ever.

Phoenix Suns 24-10

Harms has really become more of a passer now that Cam is out and had 22 points and 15 assists in our 105-103 win over the lowly Bucks. It was so close because he just couldn’t hit a shot in the second half as Marshod went 9/25 for 21 points and Pin shot 2/16 for 6 points and 16 rebounds. Milwaukee didn’t do much better as Reggie Smith had 10 points on 3/17 shooting but Tim Williams (18 points and 9 rebounds) and Joel Collins (15 points and 7 rebounds) bounced off the bench.

Phoenix Suns 25-10

With a 40-19 last quarter we come home like a freight train to beat the Neon 126-107. Harms has been on a tear lately and had 34 points, 14 assists and 5 rebounds tonight to lead six players in double figures. Pin has been a rebounding machine all season long and had 15 rebounds tonight. Anthony Coley had 24 points but it’s good to see last season’s number one pick in Petrick Rancik starting and had 10 points and 10 rebounds.

Phoenix Suns 26-10

The Bobcats are one of the best teams in the East but they breed ‘em tougher in the West as we take a 119-109 win on their court. Harms had 23 points and 9 assists as we had 64 points in the paint and 28 assists on 45 field goals. Deon Fox is a superstar already in his fourth season and had 36 points tonight.

Phoenix Suns 27-10

I really did not expect this. With Ish Faye (broken arm) and Abel Williams (torn knee ligament) out for a long time we humiliated the Pacers 142-94. We had a whopping nine players in double figures with Herb Celuck leading the way with 24 points. Hell, Olaf had 12 points and 12 assists off the bench which is a huge amount of dimes in only 20 minutes. Everyone played at least ten minutes as this was done very, very early. Brian Forman had 24 points for the pacers as Winston Shannon could only muster 14 points and 9 assists.

Phoenix Suns 28-10

This shouldn’t have been as close as it was, with Dallas taking a 14 point lead in the third term and we were pooped. Marshod and Harms had 31 points each but neither scored in the final term as Matt Hackett had 26 points and 9 rebounds while fouling Sam out pretty early. We weren’t done yet as our two newest players, the two Keith’s in Chapman and Dudley stole the show as we steal a 114-111 win in Dallas. Chapman was fantastic with 18 points in 15 minutes while Dudley had 6 points and no other stats in only 7 minutes, all in the last term to blast us into the lead. Phew, I knew I got those guys for a reason.

Phoenix Suns 29-10

It was back to Phoenix and some home cookin’ as we smash the Kings 123-100. Marshod had a blinder with 34 points and 11 rebounds while Harms dished out 17 helpers to go with his 16 points. In no so good news, Herb Celuck strained his knee and will be down for about a week and a half. David Baxley had 29 points but Joe Adras could only muster 8 points and 5 turnovers.

Phoenix Suns 30-10

It was the Winston Shannon vs. Michael Harmon battle again as both players had great games, with Winston having 22 points and 4 steals and Harms beating him with 25 points, 15 assists and 6 rebounds. The problem for the Pacers is that they really didn’t have much to back him up as we win again 128-111. Marshod put up 32 points but it was Sam who did the damage with 8 points, 8 rebounds and 9 blocks. I’m pretty sure he’s happy that Rashon Woods has gone.

Phoenix Suns 31-10

With James Carroll having 24 points and 12 rebounds and us turning the ball over 19 times we just couldn’t stay with the Rockets in Houston, going down 114-99. We did block 14 shots in the game as Marshod was the best with 31 points and 9 rebounds.

Phoenix Suns 31-11

It was back to business the next night has Marshod piled on 41 points and Sam was close to a triple double with 10 points, 12 rebounds and 8 blocks as we beat the Wizards handsomely 121-101. Roman had 18 points and is quite comfortable in the starting SG position. Steve Respert had 16 points for Washington but they shot 38% from the field.

Phoenix Suns 32-11

Wow, what a game. Both teams shot a hell of a lot of shots and played a hell of a lot of minutes. Why not, here’s the score sheet as I would take way too long to go over it all.

Phoenix Suns 33-11

It was the battle of two of the best point guards in the league and unfortunately, ours lost. Harms had 16 points, 14 assists and 9 turnovers while Gamal Hicks smashed him for 34 points and 9 assists as we lost to the Jazz 124-118. We shot better than them in all areas but when we turn the ball over 25 times it’s game over.

Phoenix Suns 33-12

We get back on the horse with a 99-85 beat down of the Wizards as Marshod had 31 points and 10 rebounds. Pin shot a crazy 8/11 for 18 points and 15 rebounds while Harms made up for his night last game with 20 points, 8 assists and only 2 turnovers. Dean Willis was the high man for Washington with 21 points as they shot 40% from the field.

Phoenix Suns 34-12

I still can’t believe that at 34-12 we’re still in fourth place in the West, with San Antonio leading the way with a 36-8 record while Houston is behind them at 34-9. Hell, there are still eight teams over .550 with OKC in the last playoff spot at 25-20. Minnesota are last at 11-38.

The Pistons are leading the way in the East at 40-11, having broken out to a six game lead over the 28-17 Pacers. In good news for us, Toronto are still last at 11-36.

Phoenix Top Points
Marshod Anderson – 26.7
Michael Harmon – 21.4
Pin-zhen Yuan – 13.9

Phoenix Top Assists
Michael Harmon – 9.5
Olaf Milosz – 3.4
Kenneth Long – 1.5

Phoenix Top Rebounds
Pin-zhen Yuan – 10.6
Marshod Anderson – 6.2
Sam Russell – 5.3

League Leaders
Points – Tip Rice (GSW) – 29.0
Assists – Israel Payne (SDR) – 13.5
Rebounds – Pin-zhen Yuan (PHO) – 10.6
Blocks – Adam Bell (MEM) – 4.5
Steals – Arthimus Smallwood (HOU) – 3.1
Efficiency – Ishmael Faye (IND) – 30.0

Rookie Leaders
Points – Derion Perez (MIN) – 20.3
Assists – Marcus Johnson (UTA) – 4.9
Rebounds – Rashon Woods (TOR) – 8.4
Blocks – Rashon Woods (TOR) – 2.6
Steals – Marcus Johnson (UTA) – 1.7
Efficiency – Matias Wabbes (PHI) – 17.1

Second Round of NBA Draft Prospects –
1. PG Antoine Bedard (High School), Senior, 6’4”, 201lbs
2. SF John Prato (High School), Senior, 6’6”, 219lbs
3. SG William Cornette (Massachusetts), Freshman, 6’6”, 197lbs
4. SG Randolfo Da Vinci (Italy), 17 years old, 6’7”, 199lbs
5. PF Desmond Taylor (Indiana), Sophomore, 6’10”, 218lbs

Thoughts – Bedard is the best player in this draft but don’t sleep on Cornette. He’s a freshman at a good school and averaging 26 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists a game already. He’s NBA ready from the get go.
zike_42
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports