Making the Raptors Relevant

Making the Raptors Relevant

Postby dmend19 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:15 am

After years of being superstar-less and irrelevancy, the Raptors fired GM Bryan Colangelo and decided to go into a different direction, hiring a guy who has zero experience in an NBA Front-Office. New GM Dylan M is taking over and had a lot to say about the direction he would like to steer this Toronto Raptors team in: "I think that the way this team is currently built simply will not go anywhere. We have a lot of work to do and I'm up for the challenge. Expect a lot of change here in Toronto." When asked about his first order of business, Dylan replied "Just wait and see." It should be interested to see what he has up his sleeve.

Here are the moves that I made before the season:

Trade #1:

Boston Celtics Trade:

Rajon Rondo

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Kyle Lowry

Jose Calderon

I'm shocked the Celtics actually accepted the trade, but won't complain.

Winner: Raptors

Trade #2:

Golden State Warriors Trade:

David Lee

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Andrea Bargnani

Linas Kleiza

2015 2nd round pick

Also a little surprised the Warriors accepted this one, however it's a little bit closer. Like Lee a lot and think he fits.

Winner: Raptors

Trade #3:

Portland Trail Blazers Trade:

Wesley Matthews

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Landry Fields

2014 1st round pick

Fields a solid player and the first is nice, but Wes is a player we value highly and like a lot.

Winner: Even

Trade #4:

Utah Jazz Trade:

Gordon Hayward

Toronto Raptors Trade:

DeMar DeRozan

Tough trade to do as DeRozan has star potential, we love Hayward and is a better fit to play SF with Wes Matthews here. We love our lineup the way it looks now.

Winner: Jazz

Trade #5

Milwaukee Bucks Trade:

Tobias Harris

Toronto Raptors Trade:

Ed Davis

2014 2nd Round Pick

We really like Tobias' potential and is a solid backup SF for now. We have Amir Johnson as our backup PF so no need for Davis.

Winner: Even

Opening Night Lineup:

Starters:

PG: Rajon Rondo

SG: Wes Matthews

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: David Lee

C: Jonas Valanciunas

Key Reserves:

6th: Terrence Ross

7th: Amir Johnson

8th: Tobias Harris

9th: John Lucas

10th: Aaron Gray

Overall a very solid starting lineup and 2nd unit. Completely overhauled the roster (keeping 3 players I really liked) and feel I'm a very good team now. Let's see how we do!
dmend19

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports