Blast to the 'Ship - A Houston Rockets Story

Postby Rizzo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 am

zike_42 wrote:Congrats on making it to the WCF dude! Huge achievement for a team so young. Having the #2 and #7 pick will get you over the top hopefully.

Thanks. I remember at the beginning of the season I was ready to tank for more picks and to just let the young kids play, but as soon as I dealt away Parsons, this team took off! Hoping to make some noise in the draft and on the trade market.
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 am

[SIZE="3"][color="DarkOrange"]
2013-2014 NBA Awards
[/color][/SIZE]

Most Valuable Player - LeBron James (MIA)
Defensive Player of the Year - Anthony Davis (NOP)
Sixth Man of the Year – Tiago Splitter (SAS)
Rookie of the Year – Norvel Pelle (BKN)
Coach of the Year – George Karl (DEN)

First Team All NBA
Stephen Curry (GSW)
Paul George (IND)
LeBron James (MIA)
Kevin Love (MIN)
Andrew Bynum (CLE)

Second Team All NBA
Russell Westbrook (OKC)
Joe Johnson (BKN)
Kevin Durant (OKC)
Kenneth Faried (DEN)
Tyson Chandler (NYK)

Third Team All NBA
Derrick Rose (CHI)
Klay Thompson (GSW)
Carmelo Anthony (NYK)
Blake Griffin (LAC)
Joakim Noah (CHI)

All Defense First Team
Jeremy Lin (MEM)
Paul George (IND)
LeBron James (MIA)
Anthony Davis (NOP)
Marc Gasol (MEM)

All Defense Second Team
Iman Shumpert (TOR)
Andre Iguodala (DEN)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (CHA)
Serge Ibaka (OKC)
Andrew Bogut (GSW)

All Rookie First Team
[color="Red"]Trey Burke (HOU)[/color]
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (CLE)
Shabazz Muhammad (ORL)
Marko Todorovic (OKC)
Norvel Pelle (BKN)

All Rookie Second Team
Michael Carter-Williams (IND)
Ben McLemore (DET)
Davis Bertans (SAS)
Tony Mitchell (ORL)
[color="Red"]Nerlens Noel (HOU)[/color]

Scoring Leaders:
  1. Kevin Durant - 33.0
  2. LeBron James - 31.8
  3. Carmelo Anthony - 29.5
  4. Kevin Love - 29.0
  5. Blake Griffin - 26.7
Rebounding Leaders:
  1. Kevin Love - 12.5
  2. Blake Griffin - 11.7
  3. Dwight Howard - 11.2
  4. DeMarcus Cousins - 10.8
  5. Kenneth Faried - 10.5
Assists Leaders:
  1. Ricky Rubio - 11.2
  2. Russell Westbrook - 9.6
  3. Damian Lillard - 9.6
  4. Derrick Rose - 9.4
  5. Brandon Jennings - 9.1
Steals Leaders:
  1. Ricky Rubio - 2.5
  2. Iman Shumpert - 2.4
  3. LeBron James - 2.4
  4. Jeremy Lin - 2.4
  5. DeMarcus Cousins - 2.3
Blocks Leaders:
  1. Anthony Davis - 3.5
  2. JaVale McGee - 3.5
  3. Bismack Biyombo - 3.1
  4. Serge Ibaka - 3.1
  5. Andrew Bogut - 2.9

Rockets Points Leaders:
  1. James Harden - 23.7
  2. Royce White - 20.3
  3. Trey Burke - 13.9
  4. Mike Conley - 11.1
Rockets Rebound Leaders:
  1. Omer Asik - 7.0
  2. Royce White - 6.4
  3. Patrick Patterson - 5.8
  4. Nerlens Noel - 5.7
  5. Cody Zeller - 4.3
Rockets Assist Leaders:
  1. Mike Conley - 6.2
  2. Royce White - 4.7
  3. Trey Burke - 3.6
Rockets Steal Leaders:
  1. Mike Conley - 1.6
  2. James Harden - 1.1
  3. Royce White - 1.1
Rockets Block Leaders:
  1. Nerlens Noel - 2.1
  2. Omer Asik - 2.0
Rizzo

Postby Makeeyelas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:08 am

Your best source for quality Houston Rockets news, rumors, analysis, stats and scores from the fan perspective.

how to grow eyelashes
How To Make Eye Lashes Longer, Now you can naturally increase the length and thickness of your eye lashes with this sneaky trick.
Makeeyelas

Postby Rizzo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:10 am

June 18, 2014

It’s that time again when Kris Eisley and his boss, Larry Marble, sit down and discuss the season that’s passed. Last year was a scary talk for Kris as the Rockets didn’t perform well at all and Mr. Marble wasn’t happy. Can’t see it going the same this year.

” wrote:Kris, how are you my good man? Great run we made, but tough to see us bow out of the Western Conference Finals like that. Enough about what I think. How do you think you personally did this season?

” wrote:To be honest, I think I did a fantastic job. Not only did I acquire some serious talent like Mike Conley, Trey Burke, Nerlens Noel and Cody Zeller, we were able to develop them into better players and make a deep playoff run. On top of that, I acquired us two picks in the top-7 of this year’s draft AND I kept our salary under the cap.

” wrote:I couldn’t agree with you more, Kris. We had a tremendous year. We won many more games than anyone expected us to and you put us in a great position for the future. Teams around the league would envy our position. I trust you and your decision making to put us in the best possible position to challenge the Nuggets in the West this coming season and push for a title in the VERY near future. What do you think? You want another run at this?

” wrote:I don’t even need to think about it, Sir. I’m not going anywhere. Look forward to working with you again this season!

June 20, 2014

I get an email from a guy named Tim Bass, telling me he has just purchased the Rockets and will now be my boss. The next day, he calls.

” wrote:Kris, it’s Tim Bass. Wish we had time for introductions but we have got some work to do. Our website editors need some quotes from you about the upcoming season. Care to say a few words? What do you think about this team and how we will fare this season?

” wrote:It’s tough to say. I want to believe that last season was a trend and not a fluke, but this is a fickle league. We will certainly take the division, I can tell you that much. I’d love to make a deep playoff run again, but I won’t guarantee that. Tell them we will again win our division and be a top-3 seed in the West.

” wrote:We better take the division with the teams we have to go up against! Alright, now between you and I, how much are you looking to spend this season? Where are we going to be at based on the salary cap line?

” wrote:I hate talking money; just hate it, especially when it is not mine. But I’ve got to be honest with you, I’ve been very good to this franchise the past two seasons. We have been under the cap both years and I’ve shed salary. I know I’m going to need to spend at least the entire cap. If we want to make a push and get over the top, it’s going to cost us. How about $10 million over?

” wrote:Whoa, that’s a bit much. Look, I want to win as much as the next owner, but this is also a business. I’ll give you some spending cash, a little over the cap, but don’t go crazy. We’ve got the talent right here on the roster to grow into great players. Don’t go spending money to bring in new guys that will stunt our young players’ growth.
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 am

I continue to get an error every time I enter the draft. This is not a good sign. I have a bad feeling this could be the end of the legacy...
Rizzo

Postby zike_42 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Is that the 2014 draft that was posted in the mod forum with Andrew Wiggins etc? Because I had the same problem with it when I tried it as well.
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 pm

zike_42 wrote:Is that the 2014 draft that was posted in the mod forum with Andrew Wiggins etc? Because I had the same problem with it when I tried it as well.

Yes sir. I should have tested it before getting this far. The new 2014 draft file works fine though. If only there were a way to change the draft file mid season...
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 pm

It is looking like the file is compromised and there is nothing I can do about it. I have tinkered with the idea of simming back to the same spot while making all the same transactions but that would be quite the endeavor. Unless I find the patience to do that, this franchise is done...
Rizzo

Postby zike_42 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 am

Damn I was really enjoying this one. You can't leave it like this...
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:33 am

zike_42 wrote:Damn I was really enjoying this one. You can't leave it like this...

I was really into it, too, but that's a ton of work to do to get it back to where it is now.
Rizzo

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports