Player photos available?

Player photos available?

Postby Hellenstone » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm

I can't believe giving TPG3 a try after beeing a bit disappointed with PS5 and TPG2...
But I did it and it seems a step forward for tbis franchise...

So my question is:
Using the Season Disk 12 there are real players but none of them shows aplayer photo in bio or stats. Is this correct? Is there a mod?
I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)
Hellenstone

Postby themonk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

There is a mod available for the previous version (TPG 2). It's not updated, though. If I'm not mistaken, this was created six years ago. But if your interested, you can check out this thread: 100 Images for Top PGA Players. By the way, although it was created for the previous version of the game, it works for TPG 3.

Alternatively (if you have the time), you can create your own mod. Most of the pictures are available in the internet (if I'm not mistaken, most of them are found in the PGA Tour website (pgatour.com).

For your mod to be properly displayed in the game:

1. Convert your pictures to jpeg format. Unfortunately, the pictures in PGA Tour website are in PNG format. But you can convert the pictures to the jpeg format using a free photo conversion software such as Faststone Photo Resizer.

2. Resize your jpeg photos to 65X90. You can use a free photo resizing software such as Faststone Photo Resizer. Faststone Photo Resizer can be used both for conversion and resizing of your photos.

3. Name your jpeg photos using the following format: Firstname_Lastname.jpg. For example: phil_mickelson.jpg.

4. Place your photos in the graphics/golfers folder (...../TPG3/graphics/golfers/fac folder)
themonk

Postby Hellenstone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks Monk.
I'll give this one a try...
I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)
Hellenstone

Postby Hellenstone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 am

Unfortunately the download isn't available anymore... :(
Hellenstone

Postby Jabez54 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 am

HEY Grisu ...

yeah, I just noticed that as well ... Hmmm:( :(
DDS:PB4, TPG Fan & PureSim Oldtimer ... and That's Baseball ...
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby Hellenstone » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Nobody has the file left on his HD??? :(
Hellenstone

Postby Jabez54 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Hmmm... good suggestion :cool: ... anybody ... :confused:

(I lost mine through a blown virus:mad: ) ... Tomas
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby themonk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm

I've been thinking of doing this myself for quite some time now. I've been thinking of doing the mod for at least the top 100 players of the season disk (based on their overall ratings). Unfortunately, since late last year I've been struggling with health issues. If and when my health improves, I'll try to give it a shot.
themonk

Postby Jabez54 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Hey Monk ... sorry to hear about your health issues, mate ... yeah, it sucks as we're getting older ... take care of yourself first, mate ... time will be handled, in someway :cool: ... Tomas
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby themonk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks, Tomas, for the concern.

Yes, struggling with health issues is something that we have to contend with as we grow older. Right now, I'm just glad that I'm able to play TPG 3 again, and catch up with what you guys have been posting in the forum.. :)
themonk

Next

Return to Total Pro Golf 3 Mods