Player photos available?

I did it...

Postby Hellenstone » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:15 pm

I really did it and picked together the Top100 player images.
The images are based in the PGA Tour website best list 2013.
It also contains a default.jpg to get rid of the boring default image.

Please try it and let me know if there are any errors concerning the naming...

Place the player images in ...\TPG3\graphics\golfers\fac
The Default.jpg file belongs here: ...\TPG3\graphics\golfers

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?7qrm97pjjy54o15
I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)
Hellenstone

Postby Hellenstone » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Most looks good to me...
Just looks like that images named with three part are not displayed correctly like e.g. "Bo Van Pelt" or "Charles Howell III"...
Don't know how to fix that, tried several namings...
I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)
Hellenstone

Postby themonk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Unfortunately, that's true. It's one of the quirks of the game. It's a great game but it still has some minor bugs, and this is one of them.

A workaround:

1. Export the golfers database. (You can do this in the commissioner mode).
2. Change the golfer's name for example: Charles Howell III to Charles HowellIII in the exported MS Access database. (By the way, if you don't have MS Access, there are a number of free Access editors available. Personally, I use MDB Viewer Plus.)
3. Import the changed/edited golfers database.
4. Change the golfer's photo name to charles_howellIII

It's not a very elegant solution. But, so far, this is only way that the photos of certain golfers can be displayed in the game.

The long term solution is, of course, to have the bug fixed by Gary - the developer of the game.

By the way, thanks, Grisu, for the photo mod! Will definitely use it in my TPG career...
themonk

Postby Jabez54 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 am

AWESOME WORK done there, mates ... many and many thanks ... can't tell you how thrill to see this has been done ... again, thanks!! :cool: :cool:
DDS:PB4, TPG Fan & PureSim Oldtimer ... and That's Baseball ...
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks, Grisu! Nice work!!!

Also, thanks Monk for the workaround.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Hellenstone » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:34 am

Well I was home alone yesterday afternoon.
My better half would freakin kill me if she knew I spent more than 2 hours snipping faces from a website...

Thanks for showing the workaround, a shame than it's not working with the Season Disk...
Hellenstone

Postby Hellenstone » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:48 am

One thing I forgot:
I did not check the players with the 2012 Season Disk, I just used the Top 100 players 2013 from the PGA Tour website, so it could be possible that there player images that are not used by the game cause the player is missing!

I also thought about going further, but I think Top 100 is enough in the first step...
Hellenstone

Postby themonk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 am

PointGuard wrote:...thanks Monk for the workaround.

You're welcome, PointGuard. I'm glad for the opportunity to help.

Grisu_HDH wrote:Well I was home alone yesterday afternoon.
My better half would freakin kill me if she knew I spent more than 2 hours snipping faces from a website...

I know... :) My wife violently objected when I said I'd like to start working on the photo mod. But for a different reason: essentially because of my health issues. Besides, I've been recently experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome (probably from playing TPG 3 too much... :) ) which prevents me from spending too much time using the computer.

Grisu_HDH wrote:Thanks for showing the workaround, a shame than it's not working with the Season Disk...

You're welcome, Grisu. Glad to be of help. Yes, it's a shame that it's not working with 3-part names. I hope Gary (the developer of the game) can fix this bug, and the other minor bugs in the game.

Grisu_HDH wrote:One thing I forgot: I did not check the players with the 2012 Season Disk, I just used the Top 100 players 2013 from the PGA Tour website, so it could be possible that there player images that are not used by the game cause the player is missing!

Don't worry about it. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Grisu_HDH wrote:I also thought about going further, but I think Top 100 is enough in the first step...

It's a great start! Thank you, Grisu. It will make playing TPG 3 much more enjoyable... :)
themonk

Postby Jabez54 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:02 am

DITTO, as well, Grisu ... like PG and Monk are saying - really help making this Game more attractive, with the beautiful courses and photos ... your effort is a treasure among us ... hopefully, some day we can have the Full Screen Display ... thanks for being here ... don't worry about the spouses, Lord knows what we put up with in comparing our "little" niche of time ...;) :cool:
DDS:PB4, TPG Fan & PureSim Oldtimer ... and That's Baseball ...
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby Hellenstone » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Had a short PM with Gary concerning the "3 part image name bug" and I have the solution to it:
The file has to be named e.g. "Bo_Van Pelt.jpg"!
:rolleyes:
I updated my mod files and put the new zip file for download in my old post above.
:cool:
THANKS TO GARY!
Hellenstone

PreviousNext

Return to Total Pro Golf 3 Mods