The Blade

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:04 am

January 1, 2026
64-71 at Oregon. We started Gid Diom at guard over Jed Reyk, and will continue to do so, at least for now. Gid had 20, 3, 2 but he fouled out. 11, 14 for Eli. +13 RBs but 17 TOs.

TOs are the problem. We’re averaging 14.1. This has been a problem for more than 2 years and we simply haven’t been able to stop it. Still working on it. We’re +7.2 on the boards.

This week we host 4-8 Arizona ST and then it’s a tough one at #7 Stanford, 12-2.

January 8
64-40 over Arizona ST here. Eli led us with 18 and 13, Lars had 13, 6, 2, Dan 14, 3, 4, 2. Gid did not look good at PG. This experiment may not work out. We do want to give it a bit more time though. Only 10 TOS but Gid had 6 of them. +18 on the boards.

A tough one at #7 Stanford, 76-79. We were down 24 at the half and spent the 2nd half chipping and chipping and chipping. We didn’t quite get there. We missed the tying three with less than a second to go. I loved our determination, we were simply up against a really good team.

We’re 1-2 in conf. play but I am not particularly concerned. We’ve played probably the 2 top teams in conf., both on the road. We’ll be fine.

This week it’s 4-10, 0-3 Oregon ST there, then 9-5, 1-2 Cal at our place.

“No pain.”

“None at all?”

“I’m not sure pain is even possible- well, yes, it could be programmed in, I suppose. But why would anyone… And no fatigue unless it’s programmed in as part of some sort of challenge. If you are climbing a mountain you want to overcome the obstacles, fatigue being one.”

“But you need to ask for it. Under normal circumstances you don’t feel either pain or fatigue?”

“That is correct.”

“What about other physical sensations.”

“The good ones are there. A massage here, even though it is not needed, feels wonderful. Food tastes exceptionally good.”

“And then vanishes after you swallow it.”

“Well, we are virtual, after all.”

“No bathroom trips, no menstrual cycle for women. Wait! What about sex?”

An enormous smile lit up Papa Joe’s face.

“O-KAY! (laughs). And your appearance. You’ve chosen to look as you did when you transferred?”

“No. I would choose to look as I do if the choice were mine, but at least for now the researchers are unable to do this. It is strange. Some of the changes that can be made seem far more complex. Who knows?”

“Why would you choose to look as you do?”

“I am an authority figure, as you know. I think looking “venerable” helps with that.”

“Papa Joe, believe me, you don’t need any help.”

“And despite anyone’s appearance, all who transfer have the strength, the stamina, the energy, the intelligence- everything they had at their peak?”

“That is so.”

“And your brother, whose emphysema was so bad he could barely breathe, barely move. And Lou who was all but dead from the auto accident when he transferred. And you, who were also almost dead. No effect.”

“None. Perhaps for a person who had not gone through the preliminary stages it might be different but so far all who have transferred have either done so in excellent health or have gone through those stages.

“You will excuse me, Alvin. I have a meeting.”

When the time comes I certainly won’t be hesitant.

January 15
Good week and we’re above .500 in conf. 75-58 at Oregon ST. 20 for Rod Jazz from the bench. Rich and Lars both had foul trouble and Rod filled in really well. +11 TOs and we were in charge all the way.

We crushed Cal here, 81-45. 24, 11, 2, 2 for Eli, 11 each for Rich and Lars. 11 TOs again.

Only three teams ahead of us in conf.

This week we’re at 9-7, 2-3 Wash ST, then it’s Wash, 7-9, 3-2 here.

January 22
A 1-1 week. 59-68 at Wash ST. We shot 33.3%, they shot 57.1%, which means we didn’t play D. Every time we tried we got whistled. 5 fouls for Lars, 4 for Rich, and a T for me. The other coach got one, too.

82-72 over Wash at home.
5 in double figures. 17 TOs but they had 21. Refs were whistle happy again.

We’re 4-3 in conf., in sole possession of 4th place, but 2 back of 2nd, 3 of third. We’re 5-5 on the road
and we need to do better than that.

This week 4-14, 1-6 Utah here, then 5-14, 2-5 USC there.

January 29
After a great week we’re in the race, 1 back of three teams tied for the lead. 63-43 over Utah. 20, 14,3 for Eli, 14, 13 for Lars, 14 for Rich, +9 on the boards. We completely controlled the inside and had only 12 TOs.

Then 69-54 at USC. Excellent offensive contributions by 6 players including 13, 4 from Rod Jazz from the bench. 9 TOs.

We host 11-10, 7-2 UCLA, tied for 1st, then go to 11-9, 4-5 Arizona.

All of our committed recruits hit the SAT score.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:51 am

February 5
65-54 with UCLA here. Gid had 21, Eli 9, 11, 2, 3, Jed 12, 3, 3 form the bench.

Then a disappointing loss at Arizona, 59-67. We just can’t seem to get over the hump on the road. +16 RBs led to +12 shots but we shot 34.5%. -5 TOs didn’t help the cause. 20 and 4 for Gid, 12, 11, 2, 2 for Rich.

We’re still 1 back in conf., alone in 4th. We need to go at least 4-1, 5-0 would be better in our last 5 regular season games.

This week we host #22 Oregon, 16-7, 8-3,and then we’re at 10-12, 6-5 Arizona ST. Oregon beat us by 7 at their place, and we crushed Arizona ST.

February 12
A 2-0 week and we’re in a 4 way tie for the top. 60-42 over #22 Oregon. 18, 4, 2 for Gid, 11 each for Dan and Lars, 11 RBs for Eli, 11 TOs, 38 RBs. We dominated.

66-55 at Arizona ST. They took an early lead but it didn’t last. 51 fouls called. Eli, Lars, and Dan all fouled out, and Rich had 4. It was almost as bad on the other bench. 13, 8 for Eli. Good bench play, especially form Rod and Jed. +10 on the boards, even in TOs.

3 to play. We’d love to have them all. This week we host #10 Stanford, 20-6, 9-4. They won by only 3 there but they may be the best team in the conf.

Then it’s 5-19, 1-12 Oregon ST here. They may be the worst team in conf.

TOs are down to 13.5. That’s awful, but it’s way better than it was. We’re +1.2. We’re +6.8 in RBs, and +9.9 in PPG.

February 19
We are rolling! 72-54 in a BIG win over #10 Stanford. +14 on the boards, which was the key. +3 in TOs. Rod had 17 but 7 played and 7 did their part. They had 12 threes but it took 36 shots to get them. I’ll take that. We held them to 37.3% overall.

63-42 over Oregon ST. This was not a challenge. Again, 7 players all did their job well. +10 on the boards, 11 TOs (+8).

We are tied for first with UCLA with one to play. We have a tougher game than they do, at 17-9, 9-6 Cal., tied for 4th in conf. We destroyed them by 36 at our place but it won’t be easy there, they’re 13-2 at home.

We broke into the rankings for the first time this season, #25.

February 26
60-73 at Cal.
We blew a 10 point lead and were simply awful in the 2nd half, 24-46. They moved the ball really well and found the open man. I tried all sorts of things to turn it around but nothing worked.

We wind up tied for 2nd, 1 back, with the #2 seed. Our time in the top 25 lasted all of one week.

“A rock.”

“A rock?”

“Yes. Our people decided that we could not fit everything into a golf ball. A rock, approximately the size of a basketball but looking like an ordinary space rock, should have all the necessary room. Receptors and antennae, cleverly discussed would be on the mottled surface. The controls along the inside skin of the rock. Again, the system requires very little power. The receptors would pick up what was needed as the rock journeyed through space. The guidance system would avoid difficulties and would guide it away from obstacles, including things like supernovae, eventually. We are very nearly there regarding the design. Testing will probably begin before December.”

The strange new reality is almost upon us.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:32 pm

March 5
No one goes pro.

March 10
#10 seed USC, 10-19, 6-10, upset #7 so we play them in the quarters.

66-41.
Held them to 14 in the 1st half. 25, 6, 4 for Gid, 13 for Rod, 7 TOs.

#6 seed Oregon, 20-10, 10-6, upset #3 Stanford so they’re up in the semis. They beat us by 7 then we beat them by 18.

March 11
71-78
. The biggest difference on the stat sheet was -9 RBs. They took 11 more shots and they made enough of them to get the win. I’ve been happier. 21, 2, 6, 3 for Dan, 12 for Rod, 10 for Jed.

March 12
UCLA wins the conf. title.

Not in the East.

#8 in the Midwest. We play #9 seed Temple, 22-8. They have a very good back court. This will be a challenge.

March 16
64-65.
Their backup PG hit a three with 7.4 left and we couldn’t convert on our last possession.

After going 10-3 late, we closed 1-3 in our last 4, just crashed and burned.

It’s frustrating to exit so early. We’re building here, but it takes time. We are losing no one this year and we have several really good looking guys coming in so we’re hopeful.

March27
Cal got hot and they’re going to the final four.

Things are definitely becoming difficult on planet earth. Fresh water is a serious problem in many parts of the world. “Feed the Hungry” is stretched to its absolute limits, not because of food as much as water. Since money will soon become completely irrelevant- what use either aboard a ship/city, or in a virtual existence- Papa Joe is pouring resources into the fight to keep people from starving and/or freezing. All profits from his other enterprises are also going into this battle. He is keeping enough funds to assure that all of his other enterprises can continue with their vital work, of course, and “FtH” is still soliciting contributions.
“It is a bit of a useless gesture given the number of people who will simply be unable to survive before many more years have passed, but I must do it. Tomorrow- well, tomorrow will come. We will leave behind all the help we can when we go.”

April 4
#2 UNC beat #23 Minnesota for the title. They haven’t lost an NCAA championship since I left.

Awards: Eli Roy made Pac 12 1st team. Gid Diom made 2nd team.

April 23
Asked for a facilities upgrade. B- doesn’t impress kids we’re chasing and it’s not what our players should have.

Got it. We’re B+ now. Team Prestige up a point to 48.

We finished 21-11, 11-5, 2nd in conf.
, but we just fell apart in the post season. Again, I like the team we’ll have next year and the strong recruiting class we managed to attract. Look out, world!

After 35 seasons I’m 939-259, .784. It will take three seasons for me to get to 1000 wins.
I hope I can stay around that long before the “rock” goes into space, aboard the ship/city. That’s a flight I certainly cannot afford to miss!

Everything related to the ship/city and the transfer/rock is going well. It’s a process and it will take time, but since time is limited and things may change quickly all possible resources are being directed toward these two efforts.

The ship/city will be able to house about 625 people due to improvements in design and such. Papa Joe and his people are deciding who those people will be. The real leaders will, for the most part, be virtual. Some need to remain, what’s the word… real? Live on board? Whatever, in charge, in the real world, in order to keep the ship/city functioning smoothly, and in order to resolve disputes, disagreements and such. The rest will all be breeders. If the point is to re-establish a human civilizations in space this is a necessity.

About 10,000 people will transfer to a virtual existence, and will be housed in the “rock.” Here again, Papa Joe and his team are making the choices.

“It is difficult and in many ways completely unfair. Who are we to decide who is given this gift? Who is anyone? Why not give everyone on earth this gift? Is it conceivable that it could be done? The answer to the latter is that it would require an enormous, almost unbelievable really, commitment of time and resources. Conceivable, yes. Actually able to be done? Probably not.

“But still, why not do as many people as we can? The answer to that is that everyone who is let in upon this secret increases the chances that the secret will become known. We have been extremely fortunate regarding that. Rumors surface. We laugh them off as “Area 51” type nonsense. Some believe the rumors; some believe it is all a hoax. We are in no danger so far. When people transfer we announce a death, hold a funeral. There is, after all, a dead body. Transfers are not put in contact with anyone outside of our very small, very tight circle- not ever, not for any reason. So far so good. No one has ever declined to be transferred. We are exceedingly careful regarding who is invited. We want the absolute best minds in every field of endeavor. Those whose work will help us achieve our goals are already on board with us, and have already gone through the preliminary steps to transfer. The others will be brought in during the final day or two before the last few ships leave. Some of those will undoubtedly refuse to go when they discover that their families cannot accompany them. How many? It is impossible to predict such a thing.”
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Wayne23 wrote:
“A rock.”

“A rock?”

This gives a whole new meaning to the song "rock a my soul". :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Rock my world!
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 am

June 6
Preseason #11. I think we can compete for the national title this year. That may be overly optimistic but we’ll see.

Nobody in the transfer pool. Unfortunately that means 6 scholarships to fill.

June 20
I don’t know, something just seemed weird in transfer land regarding Lou and Ling.

“Lou, what’s going on?”

“Huh?”

“Something’s off- different- I don’t know how to say it.”

“That kinda makes it tough to answer, dad.”

“You and Ling don’t seem… natural when we talk. It’s like you’re acting or maybe trying to hide something.”

“… No idea, dad.”

I could see I was right but I could also see I wasn’t going to get anything out of Lou.

“Alvin, after a person transfers the reality becomes completely different.”

“I’m sure it does, Papa Joe.”

“Perhaps you should keep that in mind regarding Lou and Ling.”

“… Really?”

“Yes. I can assure you that everything is fine… just not fine by your standards… but very fine by ours.”

Now what the heck was that supposed to me?

June 26
6 to fill. We need guards. Looking at 8 PGs, 1 SF, 5 PFs.

July 19
What are they keeping from me? Maybe a better question is what does it matter? At least that’s what Papa Joe has been telling me.

“Let it go, Alvin.”

“Let WHAT go!”

“The need to know.”

“I’m their father!”

“Yes… and no.”

“What!”

“Yes, you are their father. You will always be their father. But, as you have seen with Lili, who is now nearly 24 years old, that role changes.”

“But Lou and Ling-”

“Are now 22 and 15.”

“No they’re-”

“They are 22 and 15. Their appearance does not change. Unless the technology improves in unexpected ways their appearance may never change. But they are 22 and 15.”

“15 is an age at which a child needs parents very much.”

“In many cases, not in all.”

“… I am very frustrated.”

“Your children mature early. They are, at every age, more adult than most of their peers.”

“Yes but-”

“They need parents. I do not deny that completely, but they do not need protecting. None of the things you worry about there in the virtual land of their existence are concerns here.”

“Kids can still make bad decisions that will get them in trouble.”

“Very, very few things can get them in trouble now, if any.”

“You’re not helping.”

“Step back. Gain some perspective. Take some time.”

“Tell me what’s going on.”

“No. I will not do that.”

“Why not!”

“Because you would over react, you would take the matter too seriously, you would not be reasonable-”

“Papa Joe, I don’t know how you can say that. I have always dealt with things pretty damned reasonably.”

“You have. It is true.”

“Then-”

“It is not my secret to tell. I will speak with them.”

Then he was gone. I feel like I want to bite my own forehead.

August 21
We offer to 4 PGs, 2 bigs, but one of the bigs is a very long shot. He’s in state though and that sometimes helps.

September 18
Chasing recruits. I want a couple of bigs but there aren’t many good ones out there. Oh well, long way to go.

No early season tourney this season. It was difficult to create as tough a schedule as I would have liked to have but it’s decent.

September 25
We got 2 PGs but lost a big.

September 22
Every time I visit with my transferred kids I continue to get the feeling that something is being kept from me. No idea when or if they’ll let me know or I’ll figure it out. In all of the many years I have known Papa Joe this is the first time I have been upset with him. He knows I am upset but that changes nothing.

“Let go, Alvin.”

Mai seems more relaxed with not knowing what’s going on.

“If it were troubling or dangerous Papa Joe would be taking care of it, and I’m sure he would be letting us know more about it. I agree. Let it go, Blade.”

You know, I’m neither the worrying type nor the stick my nose in type. No idea why this is getting to me.

October 2
I really liked what I saw at practice today.

We’re picked 2nd in the Pac 12.

November 6
We have a lineup but changes are definitely expected. Mars, Diom and Reyk, all seniors, at guard. Roy and Jazz also seniors, up front. Kemp, a junior, at SF, and frosh Chaz Tomm and Shag Dann subbing in at 3, 4, and 5.

We start at George Washington, then travel to #25 UNLV.

It seems my kids are experimenting… with all sorts of things.

“Where is the harm? Nothing bad can happen to them in their virtual state. They cannot wind up with mental health issues, they cannot be involved in a traffic accident, they cannot have an unwanted pregnancy or an STD. When I feel they are going too far or taking up too much time with these… ‘experiments’ I let them know and they reduce their involvement.”

Papa Joe stunned me with this information.

“Are they doing… whatever they’re doing alone, with each other, with other virtual beings?”

“Some of each. And some with virtual beings who only have existence in the equivalent of our chambers.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Yes, yes. In our chambers ‘beings’ exist that do not really exist- opponents in physical challenges- in your case, coaches to coach against, that sort of thing.”

“Ah.” I need to process all of this. At first blush I don’t like it but as I ponder I must admit that yes, Papa Joe is probably right. He almost always is.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:37 am

November 20

71-51 at George Washington. The big guys did most of the scoring, 17, 9, 5 for Eli, 12, 5, 3 for Rich Kemp, 14, 3 for Rod Jazz. +13 on the boards. Our guards dished really well, only 6 TOs.

Not so great at #25 UNLV, 69-73. Eli was in foul trouble all night and only played 14 minutes. We were competitive, and the stat sheet was close in all areas except threes (5-10), but we didn’t quite have the fight to get over the hump in this one. It’s early and we’ll work on it.

This week We’re at home with Iowa ST, 0-1, and with 1-1 Brigham Young.

November 27

A good week. 68-45 over Iowa ST. 24, 15 for Eli, 6 TOs, and we led all the way.

73-55 vs. Brigham Young
. 16, 7, 4 for Eli. He has told me that he wants to make his senior year really special. He is certainly working toward that goal. 12 TOs, +12 RBs.

2 on the road this week. First 2-1 Sid Bonney, then 0-3 Boise ST.

December 4
The road is tough. 1-1 this week. 56-75 at Sid Bonney. We blew a 14 point lead by shooting 7-36 in the 2nd half. Nothing would drop. Then we started forcing shots, making extra passes, doing all of the wrong things. I called all of my time outs but we couldn’t seem to turn it around. They sat in a 2-3 all night and really packed the middle. It worked; our big guys didn’t do much. We should know how to counter that but we sure didn’t tonight.

Then we turned it around, 66-54 at Boise ST. 18, 12 for Eli, 12, 4, 2 for Rich, 9, 5 for Rod. We knew Boise ST would have seen our last game and would try the same strategy. They did, we were ready. 10 TOs, 37 RBs.

2-4 Missouri here, 3-3 Illinois there this week.

Two lineup changes. Jed Reyk is out performing Gid Diom, and he will start in his place. Same for Chaz Tomm over Rod Jazz. We’ll keep our eyes open and more changes are a definite possibility.

December 11
A two win week. 67-52 over Missouri. 16, 6, 2, 2 for Eli. New starter Jed Reyk had 10 and 5 and Chaz Tomm 9 and 7. 13, 4, 3 for Rich Kemp. 10 TOs, 32 RBs.

60-45 over Illinois. Great D. 17, 10, 2 for Chaz, 14, 5, 2 for Jed, 10, 12, 2 for Eli. My two new starters are making me look like a genius. 9 TOs, 42 RBs.

In state rival Colorado ST, 3-4 here, then at #14 LSU, 6-2.

Papa Joe says there’s one difficulty his team is having a real challenge solving regarding getting the ship/city into space. I’m sort of surprised given everything else they’ve done, and given that they have really devoted a lot of resources to this.

“We are using revolutionary new techniques. I am not surprised by this, Alvin. I hoped we would discover solutions more quickly but that has not been the case. I remain confident that solutions will be forthcoming but I will not risk lives. The technology must be as near to foolproof as we can make it. We have some time still.”

Fresh water is becoming a very serious problem in several parts of the world. “Feed the Hungry” is helping but frankly, they are losing ground. We all know that this fight is not winnable, but we want to hold off the inevitable as long as possible.

There is already a significant increase in things such as hurricanes, tornados, flooding, earthquakes- things of that nature. Many of the hurricanes have been far more powerful than what was the norm only a few years ago, and they are occurring in places where they rarely took place in the past. Although fracking was stopped worldwide several years ago the deleterious effects continue to be horrendous.

December 18
A very easy 75-49 win vs. Colorado ST. 8 guys played significant minutes and all played well. 7 TOs (+16).

A great game for the fans at LSU, 86-84 in OT. We were down 13 with 12 minutes to play. We needed to do something desperate so we started doubling the ball. It didn’t get us a lot of TOS but it did make it difficult for LSU to get good shots and over the last 12 minutes we outscored them 29-16, tying it on a three by Jed with 1.8 to go. Then in OT we continued to double the ball. We took a 13-6 lead. They came back, but didn’t quite get there. 22, 6, 4 for Dan, 12, 14 for Eli who fouled out with 1: 22 to go in OT. Jed had 12 and 5. This was a big win for a lot of reasons but to me the biggest reason was that we simply never gave up.

We’re 8-2, RPI #33.

It’s a one game week. NC ST, 6-1, here.

Jed and Jazz have been a real boost since they entered the starting lineup.

December 25

78-58 over NC ST at home
in Boulder. It was close for about 25 minutes. At that point we went on a 12-3 run and we never looked back. Another game where lots of people contributed. 7 TOs, +4 RBs.

We’re +11.6 PPG, +5.5 RBs, +3.6 TOs, averaging a fantastic 9.9 per game.

We repeated last year’s holiday dinner with the entire family at the table in the chamber. It really was a wonderful time.

We start Pac 12 play at home vs. 7-4 Oregon in another one game week.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:41 am

January 1, 2027
77-52 over Oregon
. 6 in double figures. +10 RBs. It was over at halftime- not that I’d ever tell my players that.

Rod Jazz hurt his hamstring. Out about 2 weeks. Shag Dann will get his minutes.

This week we’re at 5-7 Arizona ST, and home with #9 ranked Stanford, 11-1.

“You see, Alvin, our research is trying to lessen effect of gravity. If we can find a way to make even a very minor change it would have a tremendous impact upon the ease of launching a ship into orbit.”

“Anti-gravity? Come on, Papa Joe, that’s science fiction.”

“No, Alvin, not anti-gravity. Our researchers believe that anti-gravity is impossible. BUT, they equally believe that it is possible to find a way to lessen the effects of gravity in a given area.”

“How?”

“Ah. If we were able to answer that we would be in a lovely spot! We have made a bit of progress, or at least we believe we have, but as yet we have nothing that works except in very small scale. Still, there is reason for hope.”

It gets more interesting all the time.

January 8
Another good week. 74-57 at Arizona ST. 20 and 13 for Chaz. +12 RBs. 15 TOS but that was +6.

We crushed #9 Stanford 89-64 here. 6 players in double figures, 40 rebounds, 9 TOs. As well as we’ve played since I arrived in Boulder.

We’re ranked #24.

5-9, 2-1 Oregon ST here, and 4-10, 1-2 Cal there this week.

January 15
61-40 over Oregon ST. 17 and 10 for Eli, 16, 5, 3 for Shag Dann. 3 TOs- yes, for the team!

A real battle, 67-65, at Cal. We mixed inside and outside scoring as well as we have in any game this year. +6 RBs. 19 TOs but that was only -1. We led by as many as 15 in the first half but our D got sloppy and we seemed a step slow at times. The 2 point margin was as close as it got late, but Cal had the ball and took the last shot. Fortunately it was off the front rim.

We’re keeping Shag Dann in the rotation. He’s playing too well not to.

We’re alone in first place, 1 up on UCLA and Utah. It’s early.

5-11, 0-5 Washington ST comes to town and then we travel to 10-6, 3-2 Wash.

January 22
We are rolling along. 79-57 over Wash ST here. 20 and 7 for Eli, 15 each for Rich and Dan. 36 RBs, 8 TOs.

71-50 at Wash. We thought this might be a challenge. It was for about 23 minutes. 23 and 15 for Eli, 16 for Chaz, 15 for Jed. 44 RBs.

We have a 2 game lead over 4 teams. Everyone else is 4 or more behind.

+14.5 PPG, +7.9 RBs, +3.9 TOs, 10.6 per game. #19, RPI #11.

This week we’re at 11-7, 5-2 Utah and we host 5-13, 2-5 USC.

January 29
58-54 at Utah. We shot poorly but fortunately so did they. 14, 10, 2, 3, 3 for Eli, 19 for Jed. +11 TOs but -11 RBs. We got the win but we didn’t look good.

Then we came home and were upset, shocked really, 63-66 vs. USC. For the 2nd straight night we shot poorly. Tonight we did a lot of other things poorly as well. We had the last shot, and we wanted Jed Reyk, our only effective three point shooter to take it. We got him an open look but the shot rolled out. We took 16 more shots and made one less, and we were 5-27 on threes.

Oh well, work a little harder. We’re now only 1 up on UCLA and Stanford.

We’re at 11-9, 7-2 UCLA. They were picked #2 nationally in the preseason but they’ve really struggled. They’ve been much better in conf. Then we host #25, Arizona, 16-6, 6-3. Not an easy week.

As expected one of our committed recruits did not hit our SAT score. We’ve offered to an SF.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:29 am

February 5
73-55 at UCLA. The first half was theirs. They led by as many as 13. Then we came roaring back. 21., 5, 2 for Eli, 22 for Jed.

Then 63-34 over #25 Arizona here. Never expected that margin. The D was amazing. We held them to 10 FGs. 13 and 13 for Eli who is having a great year. 10 TOs, 36 RBs.

#20 in the polls, RPI #14.

Our Pac 12 lead is back to 2 with 5 to play.

This week we’re at 11-11, 4-7 Oregon. We beat them here by 25. Then we host 8-14, 3-8 Arizona ST. We won there by 17.

February 12
83-73 at Oregon. 22, 2, 4 for Eli, 19, 1, 6 for Dan. +6 TOs, +5 RBs.

68-49 over Arizona ST. It was never close. Balanced scoring, good D. 10 TOs.

We’re #17, RPI #14, up 2 over Stanford, 3 over UCLA, 4 or more over the rest, with 3 to play.

At 2nd place, #15 Stanford, 20-4, 10-3. Then at 7-17, 4-9 Oregon ST.

February 19
69-78 at #15 Stanford. We let them shoot 13-26 from behind the arc and that was the difference. 16, 8, 2, 2 for Chaz, 12, 4 for Eli. The refs called way too many fouls but it was about even.

Then we clinched first when Stanford lost while we were beating Oregon ST 87-78 there. All 5 starters in double figures, 11 TOs, +8 on the boards.

We close regular season play at home vs. 9-17, 6-9 Cal. We won by only 2 there.

February 26
74-58 over Cal. Much easier than last time. 19, 10, 2 for Chaz, 19, 2, 1, 2 for Gid Diom from the bench, 10, 11 for Eli. 10 TOs, 37 RBs.

We win the conf. by 2 over Stanford.

“We now have all 625 of our people selected for the ship/city population.”

“And is there a departure date?”

“Not yet. The gravity lessening work is actually progressing. We made a breakthrough just recently. There is much testing to be done but we feel we may well have our answer.”

“Good news then. The rockets will blast!”

“Actually a better analogy would be one of floating upward until reaching orbit. We always felt that this would be a far more efficient approach. The approach of blasting one’s way into orbit has been the only one used by the nations that sent objects into space but it has always been and still remains very dangerous and very expensive. Our way, if we can perfect it, will be ridiculously inexpensive, and may be very close to perfectly safe. Again, we are not quite there yet.”

We spoke for a while longer. Papa Joe says the “experimentation” by the children is slowing somewhat.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:54 am

March 5
No one goes pro.

March 9
All the favorites lost in the play in round except Utah. We’ll play #9 seed Cal, 10-18, 6-10. We beat them by 3 there and then by 16 here in our last regular season game.

March 10
68-55. It wasn’t that close. +10 RBs and strong performances all around.

#5 seed Utah, 17-12, 9-7, upset UCLA so they’re next. We beat them by only 4 at their place.

March 11
84-65. 4 TOs. 19, 12, 3, 4 for Eli, 18, 3, 3 for Dan, 14 for Shag.

It’s #15 Stanford, 24-5, 12-4, for the title. We won by 25 at home, lost by 9 there.

March 12
71-60. We led most of the way. +6 TOs, +8 RBs. 8 guys made major contributions.

Now we’ll see how high we are seeded. We’re only #16, RPI #12 but I think winning the Pac 12 should get us a 2.

#3 in the East. We’ll play #14 seed James Madison, 20-10. Tough bracket.

March 16
84-51. 25, 7, 3, 2 for Eli, 10 TOs.

#6 seed UConn, 20-10, is next. They’re tough.

March 18
57-58.
A very frustrating way to end the season. We shot poorly, we had 18 TOs, our bench didn’t give us anything, no one stepped up at critical times. We had the last possession and turned it over.

I had high hopes and high expectations for this senior laden team and it is very frustrating to go out this early.

“We have managed to put a 968 pound payload into space.”

“Wow! That’s progress.”

“We are very encouraged. This is still considerably lighter than we will need for our launches but it is an enormous stride forward. We have clearly demonstrated that gravity lessening is feasible.”

April 4
#14 LSU beat #9 Wake Forest for the title.

Awards: Eli was conf. POY, Def. POY, and 1st team. Chaz Tomm was Freshman OY and 2nd team along with Rich Kemp. I got the coaching award.

April 23

I asked for a budget increase. We got $11,600.

Again, the post season was a disappointment. We certainly expected to go further than the 2nd round. We wound up 27-5, 14-2. Ranked #16.

After 36 seasons I’m at 966-264, .785.
There is a very slim chance I could get win # 1000 this coming year but more likely it will be the following year.

As the climate deteriorates FtH is having more and more difficulty keeping people fed. Food riots, and even more so, water riots have begun to take places in locations around the globe.

“I think we must make our escape within two to at most four years. It will become far too dangerous to stay for longer than that.”

Papa Joe knows. I may be coaching as a transferred person, inside a microchip, before many more seasons.
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports