Must-see screens from CB3

Must-see screens from CB3

Postby cbcavour » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 pm

I think we need a topic for some screens! I'm Italian and so it would be difficult to me to report my own dynasty in English. This topic will contain screens of great players, incredible performances, big wins and things like these.

Let's start! MWC Tournament, I'm the coach of the New Mexico State Aggies. My starting guard broke his elbow during the last regular season game, so I have to put Detric Tyler (sophomore, 8min-per-game during the regular season) in the starting five. Well, look at what he did in the last two games! Last thing I have to say: Boise State, my opponent in the final game, was ranked #7 and was 28-1 before the final. They outscored me 90-56 during the regular season game. I couldn't believe it happened :D

Detric Tyler: http://oi59.tinypic.com/vcv2bc.jpg
MWC Tournament: http://oi60.tinypic.com/1p6mwm.jpg
cbcavour

Postby ticktock » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Awesome. :) Always great when stuff like that happens in the game; really helps to make it more realistic when you can imagine the back stories of why certain events happen the way they do.

Though, in this case, did it make you wonder whether you were just playing with the wrong starting line-up all season? :D
ticktock

Postby cbcavour » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Considering that my starting shooting guard is averaging 8 points-per-game...well, definitely I think I have played with the wrong starting line-up all season! But now this guy is sure he will start every game until the end of his college career! :D
cbcavour

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:07 pm

I always play with the lineup early on. Also, CoachC taught me to ALWAYS play the two exhibition games just prior to the start of the season and to play everybody in those two games. It is enormously helpful.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby cbcavour » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Well, Matt Walker (the one who had the broken elbow) averaged 11ppg as a freshman in the previous season, so I had no doubt he would have been my starting SG. Tyler, a transfer from Wisconsin, was meant to be the first backcourt option from the bench and he played almost 20 minutes per game in the very first games of the season. Basically, he gave me nothing during those games, so he fell down in my depth chart, also considering that I have a freshman SG/SF who is a good scorer from the bench. I thought Tyler was a bust, that's the reason why I let him play just few minutes before the MWC Tournament.
cbcavour

Postby ticktock » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Also, CoachC taught me to ALWAYS play the two exhibition games just prior to the start of the season and to play everybody in those two games. It is enormously helpful.

Err... Apologies for yet another newbie question from me, but what two exhibition games? I haven't seen an option for being able to schedule an exhibition game in the pre-season - how do you do that?
ticktock

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:48 am

Just use your team to go to the main screen on say Oct. 6 (twice) and go to Exhibition Game. Play two of them and keep notes on who did what- which of your players played well. I play both against the same opponent for consistency sake. Do the stats however you like. I keep track of minutes (try to keep min. about even for all my players), pts., RB, assists, TOs...). You will inevitably get some surprises. That guy with 1 star had two good games. The guy I was SURE would be my starting PF wasn't worth cr*p. Something like that. I then adjust playing time accordingly to start the season, check in every couple of games to keep tweaking the line up until I get it where I want it but continue to check stat sheet. But playing two exhibition games, which most teams do in real life so it is more than justifiable, gives me a huge leg up.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ticktock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:32 am

Ah, gotcha. Thanks Wayne.
ticktock

Return to DDS: College Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports