The Professor

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:33 am

May 1: I’m concerned about our inside game. With graduations and guys leaving for the NBA we have four decent big guys. Ed Jobe is the fifth but we won’t have him until January.

We buy the usual reports.

June 5: Nothing in the transfer pool.

June 13: “Hart and Soul” is out. Let’s see if the album sells!

June 18: The album debuted on the charts at #19. I’ll take it. I’m told it’s getting a lot of play on the radio. I’ve been invited to appear on lots of TV shows. We’re scheduling those we can fit in.

June 25: Again, we have the money, we’re going to the camps.

June 26: Rick Jay goes #4 in the draft. Al Tann goes #18. Kent Hawk is an absolute steal at #21, Dan Mack goes #22. Three scholarships to fill. We’re going for all bigs.

Aug. 7: It’s been an exciting six weeks or so. I’ve done eleven concerts and sang on 9 television shows, most of them also including an interview. The first concert where I was the person the people had come to see was a thrill. The most nervous I’ve ever been but once the first song started it was incredible. I even managed to talk with the audience, tell some stories about the songs, talk about Dawn and how we started doing music together and that kind of thing, a very little bit about basketball, and even one statistics story. The audience seemed to enjoy it. After the first concert it was a lot easier but every one was fun. Takes a lot of energy though. Afterward I just wanted and needed to read- and eat! Can’t eat before the concerts. I’ll only manage a few concerts once practice starts on Oct 2.

The album got to # 7 and I’m pretty proud of that. My agent says we’ll do another one so start writing. Dawn and I are writing alone and together, for ourselves, for each other, and just writing. We spend time together when we can but it isn’t really a romantic relationship. I’d like to be in one of those but of course it isn’t that easy.

Loving my music and really loving the fact that I’m starting to be a pretty decent guitar player. First love is keyboard though.

Six on the Norton list: SG Jon Gatt is #4, PG Will Rand #14, PF Ray Hart #15, C Al Budd #25, PG Earl Ash #28, SF Ed Jobe #30. Jobe is hurt, out until January.

Aug. 21: We offer to three bigs: #4 Jed Tyl, C, #7 Al Ford, SF, #12, Rae Sims, C. We think we have a shot at all three.

Sept. 11: Got one! #4 Jed Tyl. Visiting the other two and two others with whom we are speaking.

Sept. 18: Got the other two! And we have a schedule. We’re at the Preseason NIT. We play lots of home games for a change and again this year we play lots of ranked teams.

Oct. 2: I’ve done a few more concerts, some on my own, some with Dawn. Loving it!

That will all slow down now since today was the first day of practice. I really like what I see. We’re a little thin up front until Jobe gets back but as long as we stay healthy we’ll be fine.

Nov. 6: Exhibition games this week. The guys have looked good. We’re ready to face opponents. We make some changes. Mike Wyck earns lots of time he didn’t have before the exhibitions.

Ready to start the season!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:12 am

We’re the #4 seed in the preseason NIT, which is interesting since we’re preseason #1 ranked team in both polls. We play #11 ranked Temple. We know they have a very good C but don’t know much else.

Nov. 14: 76-52. First half score was 60-16! We quit at halftime though. 7 TOs, 43 RBs. 24, 4, 2 for SG Jon Gatt, 13, 8 for Wyck at PF, 9, 6, 2 for Herr despite foul trouble, 7, 2, 9 for Rand backing him up. We were very inconsistent tonight.

#5 seed, #16 ranked Oklahoma in the round of eight. Excellent outside. Inside game was not impressive in their first game.

Nov. 16: 89-63. 51-26 at the half. We had a much better second half than last time. 26, 6 for Hart at SF, 21, 5, 5 for Gatt, 14, 9, 2 for Owen from the bench, 8, 6, 5 for Herr. 10 TOs, 39 RBs.

#1 seed, #2 ranked North Carolina, 2-0. VERY tough inside but good everywhere. This will be a challenge.

Nov. 18: 71-67. NC took an early lead, built it to 11. We chipped away and at the half it was 3. We kept chipping in the second, took the lead, very slowly stretched it to 8, then hung on to win by 4. This was a heavyweight fight and we won it with patience and discipline. 7 TOs (+13), 44 RBs (+6). We had trouble making shots all night (28.4%) but got to the line often enough to eke out the win (27-35 vs. 17-19). 17, 8 for Gatt, 14, 5 for rand, 8, 6, 4 for Herr, 13, 3 for Hart, 6, 10, 5 for Budd.

Ranked #2. All three of our recruits sign.

#4 ranked, #3 seed UConn for the title. All 5 starters are in double figures. They do everything well. This one will be a real challenge.

Nov. 20: 69-57. We took an early lead and never relinquished it. 7 TOS again tonight, and 41 RBs. Those numbers will get a lot of wins. 19, 15 for Al Budd, 23, 11 for Gatt, 14, 3, 4 for Herr. Very good D and we didn’t foul. We looked very good tonight.

Not a lot of time for music but I’m practicing every day, as always, and finding a little time to write. At this point a bunch of my songs. Both those I’ve written alone and those Dawn and I co-wrote, have been recorded by other artists, some folk some pop, some blues.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:21 am

Michigan, 0-1, is here. They didn’t look good against LSU.

Nov. 23: 73-52. 37-16 at the half. 28, 5, 4, 2 steals for Gatt, 18, 11, 2 for Budd. Herr and Rand also played well. 5 TOs, 39 RBs. We are averaging an amazing 7.2 TOs per game, and an equally amazing 41.2 RBs.

A rematch with #5, 3-1 North Carolina here. We won by 4 at the NIT. They beat us up inside last time but our outside game was terrific and we turned them over 20 times. We’d like to repeat that and do a better job inside.

Nov. 26: 89-76. A foulfest with the three blind mice blowing their idiotic whistles 45 times. Ridiculous but we benefited- 33-40 to 23-30. They outscored us inside again this time but we were +4 RB. Outside it was 48-17 so that is clearly where we won the gamer. TOs were 12-12. We were the better team but all the whistles made for an unsatisfying win. Still, we’ll take it.

Nov. 27: 6-0, #1 ranked, #5 RPI.

At #14, 4-0 Ohio State. They haven’t played anyone. Good outside game and great outside D but they are weak inside. We need to keep going to our big guys all night long, and we need to contain their very good guards.

Nov.30: 77-54. Much easier than I expected. Gatt was unstoppable, 33, 8, 3. 17, 10, 2 for Budd, 14, 9 for Wyck, his best game of the season. PG did not help us, Herr did little and Rand had 8 TOs. 17 TOs for the team, our worst in that category, but +8 RBs.

At 3-2 Butler. Good at PG, decent inside, but we seem to have considerably more talent. It’s a road game and they play well at home.

Dec. 3: 82-69. 15 lead changes, 8 ties. It took almost 35 minutes but we finally opened up a lead. 18, 13, 2 for Budd, 20, 8 for Gatt, 13, 4 for Hart, 10, 3, 6 for Herr. Rand is still off his game, 6 TOs this time. 13 TOs (even) and +12 RBs. We won it inside.

8-0, #1, #2 RPI. Ed Jobe is getting healthier but still 3 ½ to 4 weeks away. He’ll start at PF when he’s ready.

Still limited time for music, still writing. I not to do two concerts with Dawn over the past few weeks. We also spent some time in the studio. She’s recording another album. I’ll be doing the same, We’re home until Dec. 20 and we hope to complete an album before the team hits the road.
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:06 am

those seedings in the presason NIT and the Coach's classic never do make a helluva lot of sense.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:55 am

That's for sure!
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:01 am

One season i finished in the final 4 with both ranking and rpi in the top 3, and with almost everyone back, and was seeded 9th in the coach's classic next year.
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:53 pm

You two are just hay seeds.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:57 pm

oh what do you know...you can't even run a program that doesn't get in trouble with the NCAA every year
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:09 pm

"Where oh where are you tonight..."
Wayne23

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports