Coming attractions

Coming attractions

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:59 am

Just lost the entire post @$#%$#@. My fine motor issues cause this to happen fairly often. I accidentally hit the wrong key and bye bye. Try again.

As soon as Dave is finished I'm going with twins- One O focused, one D focused- extremely so. I will use the same mid level school for both. Run both for about ten seasons, not do any back story, just share stats. I'm interested in seeing what happens with a very heavily oriented D and a very heavily oriented O school.

Following those two I will do an association that recruits only foreign transfers and recruits. There will be a back story, and again, I'll start with a lower mid level school.

PG got me interested in doing an association that tracks certain stats but I'll need to dig to remember what those stats were.

By then we'll be up to DDS:CB7! ;-}
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby CoachC » Sun May 03, 2015 12:17 pm

wow recruiting foreign recruits will be expensive! Interesting idea though, and there are some good players to be found there.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Any suggestions re the O and D associations are most welcome.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Cool idea! Here's my suggestion for the coaches' last names: DEFoe and OFFerman...LOL.

My recollection re stats and different set up was that we were talking about favoring outside vs favoring inside. Another was probably high defensive intensity vs low defensive intensity (which appears to be what you are considering--which is good!). Another interesting test would be to set up two associations of the same team (so same players and player skills) and run one with strict m-2-m D and another with strict zone (pick one) D. But whatever variables you decide upon to compare will be a good approach.

If you do the test you seem to be suggesting (strong D vs strong O), would the D coach have high defensive intensity and press frequency and low offensive pace, and the O coach have low defensive intensity and press frequency and fast offensive pace?

To make the comparison better, you might want to set up the association and then start up two different saves (one for the D coach and one for the O coach) so the initial players have the same skill levels. Then just change the coach's name and make each have different preferences, strategies, and approaches. Would both coaches tend to use the same offensive and defensive strategies (e.g., 75% m2m and 25% 1-3-1 zone on D and 60% motion and 40% princeton on O)? Obviously there are lots of different ways to go with your test...good luck with it.

Interesting stats to compare would be: avg team PPG and opponents team PPG, FG%, 3P%, APG, SPG, BPG, TOPG (for both the coach's team and opponents), PF/G, FTA/G, Shots/G.

As for the foreign player recruiting association, I agree with CoachC that it's gonna cost ya, so maybe you will need to start at a high prestige school with more recruiting $$$. Again though, great idea!

(I don't expect to live long enuf to get to CB7...LOL. By then won't the game need to be played on WindowsInfinity?)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 pm

recruit to the system!
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun May 03, 2015 4:08 pm

apparentl they are adopted twins!
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 pm

You must live long enogh for cb7, PG! by then we'll be able to play games live over the internet!
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 03, 2015 4:12 pm

By then the internet will passe.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Oh yeah,, forgot they were twins so the different last names would be a problem. Defoe could be a first name and the other's first name could be Offrah. If it's Offrah, then their last names are Winfrey.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:56 pm

I am rendered speechless by the brilliance of PG and CoachC!
Wayne23

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports