DDSCB3 Offense

DDSCB3 Offense

Postby Wayne23 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:41 pm

I am beginning two new dynasties that will run concurrently. This one is designed to develop an offensive powerhouse. The other is designed to develop a defensive powerhouse.

Unlike most of my other dynasties there will be no back story. These two are about stats. I want to see, really, whether there are more advantages than one with the other.

I will begin by running two seasons. All I will really do is recruit during those two years.

Players with offensive attributes in this dynasty- Scoring, Shooting, BH, Off RB'ing, Drawing Fouls, Court Intelligence and Athleticism, more or less in that order. The stat keeping will begin in year three, by which time i should have my team formed.

The D dynasty player attributes will be: Def. Abilitry, Def. RB'ing, Stealing, Shot Blocking, Discipline, Court Intelligence, Athleticism, more or less in that order.

I am looking for a team at about TP 50-60, but with a decent budget. I am looking at W. KY in Conf. USA; Kent ST, Central Mich., West Mich. in the Mid American; Ind. ST in the MO Valley; Boise ST, Fresno ST, Wyoming in the MT West; New Mex ST in the W. Athletic. I am avoiding the power conferences, and I will pick the school from the above list with the highest or 2nd highest budget.

Coach will be 35, High in everything except 5 for Temper, and Ver High for Integrity. Player Rotation 10, Preference 5, O Crash Bds. 10 (8 for Def. assoc.), Off. Pace 6 (both), Full court D 2 (both- I want to play strong 1/2 court D in the defensive assoc.), Zone Def 5 (3 in Def. Assoc.), Def. Crash BDs. 7 (10 in Def. assoc.), Def. Intensity 5 (8 in Def. assoc.).

Skill settings: Off Concepts 90-100 (Def assoc. 50-55), Def. concepts 50-55 (90-100 Def. assoc), Scout 60-70 (both), Recruit 50-70 (both), Player Dev. 50-80 (both).

No house rules for these dynasties. No Illegal Recruiting. Players cannot declare. Recruit difficulty Normal. I will not change schools.

As it turns out all 9 schools have budgets in the $436,000-$445,000 range. So I'm looking at other things.

Going with Kent ST.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 am

(Author’s note: It’s not as much fun when there isn’t a back story.)

Nov. 6: We’ve signed 3 but have a few more still to sign. (Author’s note: I’m dumping players just to be sure the third year is the team I want.)

The lineup: At guard are senior Den Kitt and juniors Ed Trot and Al Curr. Senior Kris Tell is at SF. Senior Mar Cull and soph Trey Ohn start inside. Senior Jay Henn backs all three bigs. There will probably be some changes as time passes.

Dec. 25: 10-1 for the pre-conf. season. Still chasing recruits.

Feb. 26: 27-1, 16-0. Ranked #9, RPI #6. I can’t take any credit for building this team, and they’re still adjusting to my system.

Nothing new with recruiting except that the guys we’re chasing seem interested.

April 4: Won conf. tourney.

#3 East.

Lost in the 2nd round in an upset to #6 seed VCU.

31-2 for the season.

2 seniors named 1st team conf. all stars.

April 23: Wound up getting recruits to fill all slots.

We ask for a facilities upgrade. Got it, B- to B+.

(Author’s Note: When I go to the Head Coach’s card it shows my first season as having been played twice, but it only gives the coach the one season record (31-2), doesn’t double it (62-4).

Ratings: Off 96, Def 54, Recruit 61, Scout 60, Player Dev 80, Reputation 70.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:08 pm

June 16: We get a transfer C, a really strong looking guy from UConn. We need guards.

Oct. 2: We have 2 guards committed, and we’re picked to finish 1st in conf.

Nov. 6: We have 3 guards committed to us and feel we’re close to the 4th.

The lineup: Senior Ed Trot and jr. Mick Arr start at guard with frosh Gray Gard behind them. Sr. Al Curr is at SF with jr. Trey Ohn behind him. We will rotate three strong players inside, to start, juniors Al Will and Earl Smith, and soph Jeff Bley.

Dec. 25: 11-2 for the pre-conf., season. Only +2.2 PPG (68.9-66.7). Ranked #14.

March 5: We absolutely collapsed after XMas. Went from #14 to a 5-11 conf. season, 17-13 going to the post season. I shook things up a few times but nothing helped. No injuries, no academic suspensions, we just sucked. Average PPG down to 65.0 (+1.3). If we don’t win the tourney (HA!) we won’t go anywhere, I don’t think.

March 12: We won the play in game, beat the #1 seed in the quarters, lost to the #3 seed in the semis (They won the tourney.). Our RPI is 75, so we may go somewhere after all.

Nope. Not invited anywhere.

April 4: #1 UCLA won it all.

Awards: Junior PF Al Will made 2nd team.

April 23: We ask for a budget increase. We get $2250. BFD!

We’ll start the “official” experiment with the new season. Coach starts with a record of 50-16, .758, but this year was a big disappointment.

We end the season 65.3 PPG (to 63.8).
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 3 Dynasty Reports