Wolverine Studios does Postmortem on Gamasutra.com!

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Great write up

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm not into golf, Gary, but your article was very compelling, and made it sound like this is a great game for those who are. Hope you do really well with it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby TC Dale » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:47 am

For those that don't get the newsletters and magazines from GamaSutra, this is actually very big news for all indie publishing companies. Wolverine Studios is as Gary said in the article, very very small compared to other indie publishers, and his budget probably doesn't carry a drop of what other larger independent publishers do.

And for this to be the first one in my knowledge of the smaller niche market of non-sport and sport simulation communities, to report on their Post Mortem series, it is a HIGH and WELL DESERVED honor.

Congratulations Gary, and the rest of Wolverine Studios!
TC Dale

Postby robster1225 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 pm

Awesome article Gary. Keep up the good work, I really enjoy your games.
robster1225

Postby jksander » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:29 am

If it's not too presumptuous, I've always wondered:

a) What does it cost you (man hours / personal monitary investment / outside investment capital) to produce a game like TPG 2 or DDS:Pro Basketball?

b) What kind of budget do you have to dedicate to promoting the game?

I'm interested because, though as a member of the press all I can do is review a game or a CD, I've always wondered what role we gaming fans could play in providing the money to both build and promote games. I'm sure there are people out there with investment money who would be interested in what it takes to make quality games like these and how much more you think it would take to push a TPG 2 to higher sales levels.
Visit my website focused on Indianapolis Punk Rock: http://www.naptownpunk.com
If you want to see a print copy, I can email you PDFs ... drop me a PM!

Go HOOSIERS!
jksander
Elite Member

Return to General Discussions