Baseball Coming Back?!?

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Baseball Coming Back?!?

Postby Rizzo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:40 am

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned this here…

https://twitter.com/liquidsullivan/stat ... 50477?s=21

Where is Jabez when you need the legend?!?
Rizzo

Re: Baseball Coming Back?!?

Postby Jabez54 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:14 pm

Oh My Goodness, Gracious!!! :eek: :eek:
Is this really happening???
Is this TRUE????
Does anyone know if this for real????

I appreciate your kind thought of me, Rizzo! Thank you for mentioning this... Please keep me in the light, here!

Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby Hscotty0 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:20 am

this is a huge ask but any word on a soccer game? the king is football manager of course, but they dont even pay their researchers for each league. volunteers!
Hscotty0

Postby hansmellman » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:55 am

Hscotty0 wrote:this is a huge ask but any word on a soccer game? the king is football manager of course, but they dont even pay their researchers for each league. volunteers!

What would another soccer game provide that isn't already covered by Football Manager? And what does having voluntary researchers have to do with anything?
hansmellman

Postby mh2365 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:55 pm

hansmellman wrote:
Hscotty0 wrote:this is a huge ask but any word on a soccer game? the king is football manager of course, but they dont even pay their researchers for each league. volunteers!

What would another soccer game provide that isn't already covered by Football Manager? And what does having voluntary researchers have to do with anything?

I feel the same about baseball ... why would anyone even bother with OOTP out there
mh2365

Postby Jabez54 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 am

Yes, OOTP is The Gold Standard of PC Baseball Game, no doubt about that!... Just that this type of genre has too much depth, width, and height of the game's capabilities than most games out there... Why I love PureSim... simplicity, pureness, and within my time allotted to manage... this type of genre is so much fun and enjoyable to my old mind... I still play this Game (V6.2) over five years (16 years total) since Shawn left...
Yes, am hoping Shawn will be able to deliver his brand through Wolverine, if it ever come to fruition... For Wolverine Studio is a fantastic site of delivering great games... Just I only have time for one sport and that is Baseball...
Jabez54
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:14 pm

Completely agree with Jabez.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby SalukiFin » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:13 am

Been stalking this thread for some time, but maaaaaan, if WS makes a college baseball game that'll be it for me! Long time OOTP player, but the yearly upgrades haven't added much recently with how I play. It doesn't seem like a college experience is high on OOTPD's list (which it shouldn't be for them honestly). One of the biggest reasons I found WS is because I was craving college sports sims. The systems WS has in place for college 100% offers something that OOTP does not. Anyway, I would love a baseball sim that uses the same recruiting and college environment from WS college basketball! Please make this game soon!
SalukiFin

Postby JDB » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:05 pm

SalukiFin wrote:Been stalking this thread for some time, but maaaaaan, if WS makes a college baseball game that'll be it for me! Long time OOTP player, but the yearly upgrades haven't added much recently with how I play. It doesn't seem like a college experience is high on OOTPD's list (which it shouldn't be for them honestly). One of the biggest reasons I found WS is because I was craving college sports sims. The systems WS has in place for college 100% offers something that OOTP does not. Anyway, I would love a baseball sim that uses the same recruiting and college environment from WS college basketball! Please make this game soon!

I love this idea, but I would love it even more if the game would somehow allow us to transfer graduating players to the draft pools of OOTP leagues.
JDB

Postby SalukiFin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:42 pm

Wouldn't that be a crossover episode! Not a game designer and have no knowledge of programming, but it seems like a WS college game would only need to be able to export a list of players and their ratings to excel in some way. Then it could be edited to fit the import function of OOTP.

That is of course assuming WS decides to use the same rating categories as OOTP which they may not. "Gap Power" and "Power" are a bit imperfect. It always struck me as odd that a player could theoretically have 80/80 gap and 0/80 power, while another player could have that flipped. A WS sim engine could easily use a generic "Strength" or generic "Power" rating instead to determine exit velocity and simulate both of the categories OOTP uses.
SalukiFin

Next

Return to General Discussions