Postby ezpkns34 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:40 pm

congrat soulD

my lesson was never bank on iupui
ezpkns34

Complete Tourney Brackets

Postby painmantle » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:37 pm

You all only picked the winners bracket here is the complete Tourney

Congrats to the Owls! Again.

In what ended up being the Final game Mercer had a 23 point lead and blew it :confused:

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

Rhett
painmantle

Postby boberot » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:54 pm

As a guy who picked Mercer to go all the way and win -- would I have had a shot if they held on to their 23 point lead?

:confused:
boberot

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:02 pm

Congrats SoulD!!

Looks like taking the better teams was the best way to go. This contest was fun and a great way to start off the official release of the new game.
jlemmen43

Postby soulD » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:25 am

wow thanks everyone! that was extremely fun!(especially since my fantasy team is so 50-50 lol)
wow a 23pt comeback win!? cool!(figured both Coppin and Mercer would be tough matches)

just a post game inference from the stats:
Coppin has a 3pt threat/deadeye?
Mercer has a bigman inside?
IUPUI chose a bad time to have an off night?(FT% was pretty good, but they didnt seem to bang the O-boards/convert on 2ptrs/score in the paint... overmatched by a solid Mercer team??+off night = loss?)
Kennesaw has some slasher/defenders and it seems that their defense and 2pt% were the keys to the wins? :D
soulD

Postby painmantle » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:41 pm

soulD wrote:wow thanks everyone! that was extremely fun!(especially since my fantasy team is so 50-50 lol)
wow a 23pt comeback win!? cool!(figured both Coppin and Mercer would be tough matches)

just a post game inference from the stats:
Coppin has a 3pt threat/deadeye?
Mercer has a bigman inside?
IUPUI chose a bad time to have an off night?(FT% was pretty good, but they didnt seem to bang the O-boards/convert on 2ptrs/score in the paint... overmatched by a solid Mercer team??+off night = loss?)
Kennesaw has some slasher/defenders and it seems that their defense and 2pt% were the keys to the wins? :D

You've got mail! :eek: Your order id has been sent CONGRATS.:)

Mercer has a 6'5" SF playing Center and he's the tallest player in the starting line-up. (We are molded after the NCAA's Butler Bulldogs) Kennesaw St's my brother's team and i don't want to talk about it :confused: Suffice to say he is usually in the top 3 in the nation in steals every year!
"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

Rhett
painmantle

Postby painmantle » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:52 pm

boberot wrote:As a guy who picked Mercer to go all the way and win -- would I have had a shot if they held on to their 23 point lead?

:confused:

The comback win for Kennesaw St was after the Loss in the winners bracket...so no. You all only picked the winners bracket and kennesaw St trounced Mercer in that game :(

Rhett
painmantle

Previous

Return to General Discussions