so whats the next game for wolverine studios??

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

so whats the next game for wolverine studios??

Postby sporkimata » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:42 am

I suppose the most likely answer would be updating the college ball game. I would love to see them do something a little different. A football game would be very cool. Id love to see some sort of sports rpg type of game.
sporkimata

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:23 am

Not to speak for anyone, since I'm just a fan, too, but...

Haven't you noticed that these games, especially TCB, pretty much ARE sports RPGs? I mean, you can start your coach out in TCB as a complete noob head coach, and work your way up to a coaching legend over the course of a career, through stat improvements.

Sounds like a sports RPG to me.

As for football, Solecismic has a new pro game version and a college years game with some age on it, which is what is tiding me over until someone like Gary decides to challenge him. But I'd hate to see entrance into the football market take so much time for Gary to do right that his hoops games would get ignored... Gary's the only one doing decent hoops sports management sims right now...

So personally, I hope getting TCB up to speed and transformed into DDS:CB as a companion to DDS:PB is the next order of bid'ness!
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Postby gabipatrick » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:30 pm

I'm still rooting for Elephant Polo.
gabipatrick

Postby MadMax58 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:51 pm

CraigInTwinCities wrote:As for football, Solecismic has a new pro game version and a college years game with some age on it, which is what is tiding me over until someone like Gary decides to challenge him. But I'd hate to see entrance into the football market take so much time for Gary to do right that his hoops games would get ignored... Gary's the only one doing decent hoops sports management sims right now...

I think that's what Dennis Thomas came to WS to work on...if I'm not jumping to conclusions anyway.
MadMax58

Postby sporkimata » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 am

I agree the college game is the most likely next choice. You are correct that there are some rpg elements to the games already, but Im sure it could be fleshed out into its own genre. Inside the park baseball was the first such game, and really no one has come to the plate with something similar.
sporkimata

Postby JasonninTN » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:03 am

I'm also anxiously awaiting DDS:CB. I wonder if it will be possible to transfer our TCB dynasties into the new game?
JasonninTN

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:45 pm

I've been told by Bryan the answer is... yes. And I believe he's said it more than once on the board here. :) DDS:PB will be able to import both from TCB and, whenever it comes into being, DDS:CB
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Postby Bryan Swartz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Actually, that's not correct. What I've said is that you can use draft classes from TCB in DDSPB. As of right now there is no timetable for the college game, so it's unknown whether TCB dynasties will be able to be transferred. It really depends on how much the game has to change for the new version, and that can't really be known yet.
Bryan Swartz

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:26 pm

I think there's confusion over the initial question. If the question is whether or not players from DDS:CB (whenever in the future it is a product) can transfer to DDS:PB the answer is yes. If the question is can you continue your TCB dyansty in a future version like DDS:CB then the answer is we'll do our best to try.

At this point there has been zero planning for DDS: College Basketball. It has not been announced nor has anything happened for it behind the scenes. It will materialize at some point obviously but not in the near future so if anyone is worried about buying TCB - don't. You'll have plenty of time to get your money's worth.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby akcranker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:01 pm

I also would hate to see anytime taken away from the basketball sims because Gary is the best out there.

The game I'd like to see is College Baseball. I already play Puresim and consider it the best fictional/mlb baseball sim out there. Just need a college baseball sim now. I'd love to see Shaun do it but not sure if he has the time to with Puresim and all... but hey maybe him and Gary can get together and jointly make a killer college ball sim.
akcranker

Next

Return to General Discussions