Wolverine and football

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Postby cdcool » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:59 am

Bryan Swartz wrote:We do think ahead, but it's also generally our policy not to talk about a planned game until we're ready to announce it. The reason is that once you start talking about it, people quite naturally want information on release timeframe, features, etc. -- and sometimes you plan to do something and then change your mind and decide it's better to do something else, which can really upset people who were looking forward to the original product. Whatever games we do in the future will be announced in due course -- there's nothing more I can say than that.

I understand..I hope you guy's do decide to do a football game :) , if it's as good as your basketball series, none of your competitors will be able to come close.

Please keep up the fantastic job of keeping "us" simulation sport fantanics up late at night, playing your high quality games.
cdcool

Postby cdcool » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:07 am

CraigInTwinCities wrote:I for one appreciate Wolverine's approach.

I used to manage a forthcoming release list for a videogame Web site, and some companies announced games as soon as they thought, "Maybe we'll do this someday."

Well, that "maybe" would hang around months, even years, before eventually someone at said companies would say, "Oh, that old idea? That never went anywhere. Best take it off your release list, we're never going to do that."

I'd rather see announcements only once something is certain. :)

Any company that RELEASES information about product before it is thought out and planned is just bad business and that company will suffer in the long run. It's called false advetising....LOL!, giving an informal indication is a little different, but I do agree, that's it's best not to say anything until you are ready.
cdcool

Postby bengals7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:36 pm

If they do manage to create a football game, it should be a college game. The recruiting would be outstanding, and the potential enormous!
bengals7

Postby painmantle » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm sure Gary would make an awesome football game, BUT

Isn’t using the word’s Wolverine and Football in the same sentence an oxymoron? :p
"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

Rhett
painmantle

Postby Bryan Swartz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:43 am

Them be fightin' words! :)

I think the Gators would disagree ...
Bryan Swartz

Postby Zorro » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:12 am

Bryan Swartz wrote:Them be fightin' words! :)

I think the Gators would disagree ...

Or the Trojans. ;)
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby 23Zone » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:29 pm

of course.... the Buckeyes agree......
23Zone

Postby Greendiver » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Got the email today announcing the original Total Pro Golf is now a free download...and at the bottom it mentioned a "Big Announcement" on March 26th, next Wednesday...

Here's hoping it's a Football game
Greendiver

Postby Duncan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 am

Buckeye here. I assumed that the wolverine meant Michigan? Anyway speaking strictly as one of your customers I would put my vote in for college. I have little interest in the pro but I would kill for a good college simulation.

It might be smart just to take a census. It could turn out that the majority of us prefer College.
Duncan

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:46 am

Yeah, its a nod to my former place of higher education - we've chosen to go the pro route this time but certainly we will be open to a college version the next time around. We have a great college basketball game and I could merge items from that with what we're doing in making the pro football game and we could have a dynamite college sim in the future.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions