Welcome to Wolverine Studios!

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Postby KWhit » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:18 pm

Good luck, Gary!
KWhit

Postby rmayer32 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:58 pm

Looking forward to this.. Congrats on venturing on your own Gary!
rmayer32

Postby Big Dummie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:00 pm

Good Luck, Gary, you can count on my hard earned Dollars for any of your fine games. Looking forward to TPG.
Big Dummie

Postby jksander » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:26 am

Just joined. Aside from the confusion of having the game announced on GDS then moved here, which threw me for a bit, I'm looking forward to helping out with this one (that is, if you still want me!) ;)
jksander
Elite Member

Postby philsgames » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:40 am

Good luck with your new venture, Gary.
philsgames

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:12 am

Thanks for the support everyone - I'm really pleased by the amount of people who already registered for the forum. I know its another forum to visit but I hope you all will find time to check in for time to time.

Things will be getting rolling here pretty soon. We're working on the website still and that will be unveiled shortly. I also would like to post a screen of the course designer some time this coming week.

I just want to say I really appreciate the support. I'm very excited about this new venture and I'm really looking forward to the release of the course designer in May to see what kind of courses the community can come up with.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Tiger Fan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:31 pm

Gary
Is there any particular data we should be looking for to help us recreate real courses? Do we just need overhead images and yardage or is there a lot more data required if we want them to be fairly accurate?

Checking out the PGA tour site I see some courses have full flyovers of each hole and tons of info while others have nothing more than par and distance.
Tiger Fan

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:45 pm

Tiger Fan wrote:Gary
Is there any particular data we should be looking for to help us recreate real courses? Do we just need overhead images and yardage or is there a lot more data required if we want them to be fairly accurate?

Checking out the PGA tour site I see some courses have full flyovers of each hole and tons of info while others have nothing more than par and distance.

Excellent question for those of you who want to get started planning things now.

Obviously overhead images/hole layout and yardage are going to be needed. After that its up to you really how realistic you are trying to make the hole. One factor you can set on the hole is green speed so it helps if you know which greens are more difficult/sloped than others so that you can change the setting on your greens to make them easier or harder or just average. The other factor you can set at any location is the slope of the terrain there in terms of yards above or below the hole. If you don't set the slope factors your course will play flat - not that that is not ok and some courses are flat but if your course is totally flat it will take out some strategy since you won't need to adjust your clubs for slope. Of course maybe you might be creating a totally fictional course or just your local muni course and that's all it is so its not necessary to add slope if it doesn't exist but if it does it will make the course play more realistic.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Tiger Fan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Gary. I will start gathering what I can for some courses now.
Tiger Fan

Postby Ragin Cajun » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:06 pm

I'm thinking this game will generate some really sweet mods. Looking forward to checking them all out.
Ragin Cajun

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions