I can't support Wolverine Studios based on this kind of behavior

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

I can't support Wolverine Studios based on this kind of behavior

Postby Septhaka » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:27 pm

As much as I enjoyed TPB2003 and TPB2005, after the way I have been treated by two Wolverine Studios representives, I have decided I will not purchase any products published by Wolverine Studios.

While eagerly awaiting Gary's latest release, DDB, I decided to fire up TPB2005 again. As many of you may know, Irish and Speedy put together some great roster, draft and media files for the game to make it a truly great NBA experience. I could not locate their old posts on the GDS boards and could not locate anything on the boards here either relating to the old files. So I posted to the GDS boards asking if the TPB boards were still out there somewhere but perhaps just hidden. Here's the thread:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19253

Well, after I posted, I was able to locate the boards on the GDS forums. But Bryan posted informing the game had moved when Gary moved. At this point I thought Bryan was with GDS. TC Dale posted afterwards with a less than helpful response. I was amazed at how customer representatives were acting towards a customer with a legitimate question - not really focusing on what I asked - but rather jumping to conclusions - and so I posted a critical response. Then Tim Plum, who I learned was a Wolverine Studios representative, posted a completely flaming response that hardly made any sense and certainly was not something I would expect from a company representative.

I am only one customer and I probably don't count for much in the grand scheme of things but I won't tolerate a company or its representatives treating people in such a rude and unprofessional manner.
Septhaka

Postby Paul » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:58 pm

It is not my place to deal with the customers but I feel like offering my 2-cent. I think there perhaps simply had been some misunderstanding. The tone and the attitude of each posting is not always perceived as intended in this form of communication, and sometimes one may find a post to mean something different than it was originally intended. I cannot speak for our staff what they meant in their postings but I do know that our staff is more than willing to support and help you with any question you may have regarding any of our products, so please always feel free to contact us via any of the methods listed here, or post it in our forums here, if you have any further concerns or questions. And of course I apologize if you found the postings to be offensive in any way as it certainly was not our intentions.

Happy Holidays. :)
© Wolverine Studios 2006-08
Paul

Postby Bryan Swartz » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:49 pm

I join Paul in offering without qualification a full apology for anything perceived as offensive. For my part, I was simply trying to answer the question with my posts. I'm sorry if I failed in that respect, but there wasn't any other end in mind.
Bryan Swartz

wolverinestudios support

Postby fredreed » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:17 pm

For those who may or may not have the support for wolverine studios workers let me tell you that I think it is wrong to treat them with no respect. It is christmas and the holidays and this is a time for everyone to get along with everyone and be happy and merry. If you would like to get mad or upset about something that happened here then that is your business but get upset after the holidays and please have respect for everyone who use this forum. It is not fair to be upset or mad at anyone for any reason at all, if you need to be angry with someone do it someplace else but not here. I speak for Gary and all the rest of the people who work at wolverine studios when I say these comments. I think that wolverine studios does a great job for us.
fredreed

Postby Gileyal » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:16 am

I have to say I am sorry to hear about what happened to you.

On the other hand, I have had nothing but the exact opposite experience with any assistance I needed with the games that I bought - both during the GDS era and the Wolverinestudios Era.

I didn't even know there was a GDS staff. I simply messaged Gary directly with moronic questions which were based on my inability to use a computer like a normal person:). He replied, promptly, patiently to four or five private messages, until we got my issues resolved.

I really think you should give it another chance. I am certain you'll see that the one event was not representative.
Gileyal

Postby Septhaka » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:54 am

Thanks Paul and Bryan. And Bryan - in all fairness to you - your responses weren't really that bothersome. It was Tim Plum's response which I thought really was unprofessional and not appropriate for someone charged with representing a company for which several people are working hard to make a success.
Septhaka

Postby Tim Plum » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:13 pm

I have sent Septhaka a PM so as far I'm concerned this matter is closed.
I'm gonna move mountains and touch the sun. Don't get scared now you knew this day would come.
Tim Plum
Elite Member

Postby Holycow98 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:53 pm

Looking at my files..TPB downloads....

I have Irish Hand's NBA 2.3 rosters as well as a NBA_2005_06 (which may be Speedy's file...its been awhile). Also have the all_time and_greats and all_time_teams files.

Also have zips for the graphics for banners, coaches, courts, jerseys, player photos (not sure how up to date), and team logos

If any of this helps you...let me know...
Holycow98

Postby sporkimata » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Plus you can find them still at the front office football boards, just do a search on the board for it. Thats how I found mine.
sporkimata

Postby DNeely » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:05 pm

I have to say that I also felt Tim Plum was rude to me and unprofessional in the way he answer a question I posted about the Beta team. I was not selected, and that was fine. But when I asked for clarification I got an answer that I felt was rude and not a good representation of this company. I intend to continue supporting Wolverine, but this did keep my interest very low.

Thanks
DNeely

Next

Return to General Discussions