Lets get to know each other...

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Postby gabipatrick » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:54 pm

Sean. Married. Supervisor for a large package delivery company. Before that I was part of the management team for one of the most prestegious FBOs in the US.

I'm also a part-time Flight Instructor. My favorite sport is Football, and perhaps my favorite game, (if it can be called a game) is fantasy football.

Interests include aviation, Football, and thanks to TCB, basketball.
gabipatrick

Postby Bryan Swartz » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:03 am

Bryan Swartz(nope, I didn't forge the handle). Workaholic disciplinarian of a Pizza Hut manager, and WS jack-of-all-trades(some say master of none as well, but I'll leave that to others to determine :)).

Personal ... Single and enjoying it. Hobbies are a luxury I find myself with decreasing time for, but I've always loved basketball(played myself in HS until my ankles wouldn't allow it, they told me I could have played college, but we'll never really know). I'm a ridiculously huge fan of all things NBA, particularly the most underappreciated team in modern sports, the San Antonio Spurs(flame away ... mildly ... if you must :)). My gaming interests are mostly sports/strategy games, my favorites are Rome: Total War and TCB, with a bit of Civ. thrown in every now and then. Loved the Master of Orion series until it was annihilated by the last version. I enjoy tinkering with/modding games and pretty much every side of the gaming business in general. Basically, I'm a certified mouse potato.
Bryan Swartz

Postby akcranker » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Holycow98 wrote:Of more recent vintage...the first sports text sim I played (not counting stuff like the Front Page Sports series), was Baseball Mogul ('97 I believe). I think I didn't get back into the sports sims again though until Front Office Football (back in 2000). That game got me searching for more games of a similar kind...which led me to Out of the Park 3 and Arlie's Coaching a Dynasty game. Since then....I've pretty much bought and tried every Baseball/Basketball/Football sim that I have become aware of.

I was curious if you play Puresim and if your a regular on Puresim's board over at Matrix?
akcranker

Postby akcranker » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:36 am

Okay well I guess I'll drop my info

I'm a 26 year old male that lives in the frozen state of Alaska. I love watching basketball online and love basketball sims/games. I also play Puresim and love the game and can't wait til the new version comes out. I'm a LA Lakers fan and a Duke Blue Devils fan... two of the most hated basketball teams in the world :)

In baseball I'm a Oakland Athletics & St Louis Cardinals fan due to my man McGwire. I also love watching baseball during the summer here with our local Alaska Baseball League.

For football I'm sad to say I'm a Oakland Raiders fan.. yippee first overall draft pick in the next draft.. sadly it still won't help us win more than 3 games next year...

As for work I'm currently unemployed and hoping I find a job soon. Computers is my ideal type of job but those are hard to come by up here.

Hobbies- Computers, Games, Music, Hiking, Camping, Collecting, reading....

Well that's probably enough personal crap from me :)
akcranker

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:31 am

Looks like I'm one of the older folks on the board.

40, married for almost five months. Working in cell phone sales but looking for something more stable. Long-time videogame reviewer with DigNews.com, former editor of SonyWeb.com.

Favorite sports: NFL and NBA

Favorite teams: Vikings and Timberwolves and U of M Golder Gophers

Favorite gaming genres: RPGs, console sports games, PC sports management sims, survival horror

Favorite games right now: Total College Basketball, Baseball Mogul 2007, Front Office Football 2004 and College Years, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Final Fantasy III DS, Final Fantasy XII, Shadow Hearts III: From the New World, NCAA College Hoops 2K7, Neverwinter Nights I and II.

Favorite pastimes outside of gaming: Karaoke singing, blogging, writing, time spent at my church.
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Postby akcranker » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:54 pm

That Oblivion game is amazing!!! I really need to get that but need to upgrade my PC first.

Have you played Puresim before?
akcranker

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:22 pm

akcranker wrote:That Oblivion game is amazing!!! I really need to get that but need to upgrade my PC first.

Have you played Puresim before?

I have Oblivion on my 360, not my PC.

I tried out PureSim's demo but it loaded and operated very sluggishly on my PC, esp. compared to Baseball Mogul. So I didn't buy it and deleted the demo.

My PC's over three years old, only 2.02 GHz Athlon XP, 512MB RAM with a fairly kickbutt 256MB nVidia graphics card... I need a newer, better PC, but that may have to wait another year.
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Postby Braylin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:25 am

Hello guys, my name is Gary and I am a 44 year old Animal Cruelty Investigator for the State of Florida. Yes, I deal with human pond scum on a daily basis, but it is a job I love and look forward to doing every day. I actually get to unleash legal hell on the scumbags that you see and read about in the news beating, mistreating and starving helpless animals.

I use gaming as a way to temporarily relax and forget about day to day duties. I am an avid gamer, going way back to the days of the TRS80 and Commadore 64 systems. I am pretty certain that I have purchased every text based sports sim for the past 5 years. I am currently playing around with TCB and TPB. I am axiously awaiting the arrival of both DDS Pro Basketball and GDS's Fast Break basketball. The two companies may be competing, but as long as we purchase both games, they'll both profit and hopefully continue to pump out more great games.

I am currently considering a purchase of the new Wrestling Sim GDS just released. Even though I am not that into wrestling, it looks like it would be fun dissecting that game and finding out how deep it really is.

I own an Xbox360, PS2, and Game Qube and play just about every sports game out there. I also get heavily into RPG's that have strong charactor building aspects. Oblivion was the only reason I purchased the 360, which in my opinion is a great system only if your into shooters. Seems like every game released for the 360 is a shooter and when you get up around my age, the reflexes get too slow for shooters.

When I am not gaming, you'll find me deep sea fishing on the Gulf of Mexico, or taking road trips with my beautiful wife of 15 years on a pair of Harley Davidsons. I have 2 great sons, one in med school, the other studying computer engineering. Who knows, maybe one day he'll make his dad a new game to play with while the other takes care of his old man's carpel tunnel. :D
Braylin

Postby Tim Moungey » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 am

My name's Tim and I'm 27 years old, from Wisconsin, a year away from a BA in English, and I live in a fraternity house most of the year. :D (Delta Sigma Phi, in case you were wondering)

When I'm in my hometown on breaks I work part-time at Victoria's Secret.

After I graduate next fall, I plan to study abroad for a semester, most likely in Spain, and then hopefully enter an MFA program in Creative Writing, where I can get the terminal degree and teach at the collegiate level to pay the bills while I write. If I don't succeed at that, well there's always advertising (I have my associate's in Marketing) or a different graduate program. :)

My favorite sport to watch is football, whether it's high school, college, or pro. Tops to play is fencing, although it's darn hard to find a decent sabre program (or *any* for that matter) in the Midwest. As far as computer sports gaming, basketball is my fave because of the limited number of players to work with, so you really can focus in and get in depth in a way that's difficult with larger numbers.

Favorite Sports Teams:
Baseball: Chicago White Sox (though this could change)
Football: Miami Dolphins
Basketball: Boston Celtics
Hockey: Nashville Predators
College: Wyoming, where I went for a semester before I got too broke to stay there, and wherever I end up for grad school :D

Favorite Computer Games:
Crusader Kings
Total Pro Basketball 2005
OOTP 6.5
FOF: The College Years

Console games I could spend hours on so I'll pass over that. :D

Hobbies:
Travel, reading, writing, sports, role-playing (online, table-top, and yes, LARP), video games
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby akcranker » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:24 pm

CraigInTwinCities wrote:I have Oblivion on my 360, not my PC.

I tried out PureSim's demo but it loaded and operated very sluggishly on my PC, esp. compared to Baseball Mogul. So I didn't buy it and deleted the demo.

My PC's over three years old, only 2.02 GHz Athlon XP, 512MB RAM with a fairly kickbutt 256MB nVidia graphics card... I need a newer, better PC, but that may have to wait another year.

I'm suprised Puresim didn't played well on your PC. I have a Pentium 4 2.0Ghz processor with 1 Gig of ram and it plays fine. I used to play it on a Pentium 3 1ghz processor with either 1 Gig of ram or 512mb's.. don't remember exactly.

Puresim doesn't sim as quick as Baseball Mogul on any machine but it's improved it's sim speed over the years and is the best baseball sim out there.

OOTP is a very good sim but from what I hear the most recent commercial release had way too many issues and pushed all it's customers away.. but I just read somewhere that their coming out with a new version in March that may fix all the old problems???
akcranker

Previous

Return to General Discussions