Total Pro Tennis (?)

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Total Pro Tennis (?)

Postby filipemb » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:47 pm

I have some ideas for a tennis management game. Most of you guys don't like tennis but tennis is quite a popular sport, having big online communities (MTF has 26,000 members and 1100 are online now; WTAWorld has 46,000 members; Talk Tennis has 16,000, making it more than 88,000 possible players to the game ONLY in the internet)... Tennis also gives prize as bigger as team-sports and draws lots of people ALL around the world, so it makes a pretty big market for this game.

FEATURES
- you can start you OWN career as tennis player, starting playing in local amateur events and then playing in Futures, Challenger, International Series and finally try to win one of the Grand Slam and become a legend of tennis
- lots of tournaments and players, making it almost impossible to one game seems similar to other
- train your player, improve his skill..dont stop training when playing lots of tournaments but don't train to don't get an injury
- earn thousand and thousand of dollars winning tournaments or with sponsorship deals.
- make your OWN schedule of tournaments you want to entry
- during the match, choose how YOU will play. don't try to be too aggressive in hard courts if you are not precise with your shots.

any other ideas? it would be cool to WS to this. I dont look forward to TEM from Mana Game be too realistic...
if I know something more about programming or if somebody could handle designing the game :(
filipemb

I would love a tennis sim!

Postby gglennwill » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:21 pm

I think a tennis sim would be a terrific idea! I would guess that it is as popular as pro golf, and we already have a sim for that. It would be cool to have players with the different strengths of court (clay, grass, hard surface) and different abilities and styles. Another nice thing is that it would be a sport where you could have women players....not many sim management type sports games have that (with exception of the golf game). You could also have doubles matches along with the singles matches, and the different tournaments and rankings, etc. I hope Gary seriously considers a career management tennis sim.
gglennwill

Postby Zorro » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:41 am

Lets just worry about getting the Basketball bugs fixed first before we start thinking about any new game. Also it would be nice to go back and finish the Golf game. So many things could be improved with it. I think {My opinion}a couple of complete games is much more satisfying then a bunch of incomplete games..............................Z
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Bryan Swartz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:48 am

We appreciate all suggestions on new games, but what Zorro said is exactly what we are doing: nothing else will be getting worked on until after the basketball game is patched and probably new things added to it as well.
Bryan Swartz

Draft Day Sports: Decision '08

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:58 am

I have one:

DRAFT DAY SPORTS: PRO PRESIDENT - The Ultimate Political Campaign Management Simulator!

Manage your favorite candidate from the first announcement of intent to run, though the primary battles to the nominating conventions, then through the debate and ad wars, right up until Election Day 2008!

Will it be Hillary? Obama? Giuliani? McCain? Bob Sagat? As campaign manager, it's up to YOU to make sure it's the candidate you manage who replaces W. at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Featuring over 250 real-life current and historical candidates. Could George Washington defeat Hillary? Could Abe Lincoln defeat Obama? Could ANYONE defeat Bob Sagat? The power of the campaign is in YOUR hands!

Featuring a candidate generator, revolutionary 2D graphics engine and 100-percent compatibility with its amateur counterpart, DRAFT DAY SPORTS: CLASS PRESIDENT!

Coming July 4, 2008 from Wolverine Sports!
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:06 am

Zorro wrote:Also it would be nice to go back and finish the Golf game. So many things could be improved with it.

In all fairness the golf game was finished - just because you want new features to be added doesn't mean the game wasn't completed. That's probably not what you meant to say but just because it kind of reads that way I want to make sure that it is known that the golf game was completed and not like it was just abandoned as an incomplete game or something.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby texdog » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:07 am

CraigInTwinCities wrote:I have one:

DRAFT DAY SPORTS: PRO PRESIDENT - The Ultimate Political Campaign Management Simulator!

Manage your favorite candidate from the first announcement of intent to run, though the primary battles to the nominating conventions, then through the debate and ad wars, right up until Election Day 2008!

Will it be Hillary? Obama? Giuliani? McCain? Bob Sagat? As campaign manager, it's up to YOU to make sure it's the candidate you manage who replaces W. at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Featuring over 250 real-life current and historical candidates. Could George Washington defeat Hillary? Could Abe Lincoln defeat Obama? Could ANYONE defeat Bob Sagat? The power of the campaign is in YOUR hands!

Featuring a candidate generator, revolutionary 2D graphics engine and 100-percent compatibility with its amateur counterpart, DRAFT DAY SPORTS: CLASS PRESIDENT!

Coming July 4, 2008 from Wolverine Sports!

Great idea, but a program which fits everything you mentioned is already out there. ("President Forever 2008")

Edit: I like the tennis idea, by the way. :)
texdog

Postby Zorro » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:20 am

Gary Gorski wrote:In all fairness the golf game was finished - just because you want new features to be added doesn't mean the game wasn't completed. That's probably not what you meant to say but just because it kind of reads that way I want to make sure that it is known that the golf game was completed and not like it was just abandoned as an incomplete game or something.
I said so many things could be improved with it. I think it is fair to say that I have been one of the biggest fans of TPG and have thanked you for making it more then once. But I do think {Again my opinion}that before we go on to other brand new ventures that it would be nice to add some features{Not just my voice, But others in the forum as well}to make the game complete. {You did that with TPB,Which is now DDSPB}I was not talking about bugs. I was talking about making the game as good or complete as it can be. So in my mind TPG is not done yet......................Z
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby filipemb » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:48 am

Sure... as a DDS PB customer, I also want to see the game all patched and working fine but I also want to see someday a "TPT", even if I have to do this :P
filipemb

Thinking Long Term, fellas

Postby gglennwill » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Yes, of course I agree that the games that exist need to be in good shape first. When I say it would be neat to have a Pro Tennis game, I'm strickly thinking long term, not even necessarily this year. A sim management golf game was unknown before Gary did it. I just think that you could tap into an untapped market. How big is that market? In all honesty, I don't know. I just know that I would buy it.
gglennwill

Return to General Discussions