Which game would you recommend purchasing?

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Which game would you recommend purchasing?

Postby bob neil » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:25 am

DDS: Pro Basketball or Total College Basketball??? A purchase needs to be made but I'm not sure which one.
bob neil

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:43 am

Totally depends on which sport you like better. If you're more into recruiting and the tournament then go with TCB. If you prefer pro sports with trading and the draft etc then DDS: Pro Basketball is for you. Or get both and graduate your players from TCB to DDSPB :)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby akcranker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Totally depends on which sport you like better. If you're more into recruiting and the tournament then go with TCB. If you prefer pro sports with trading and the draft etc then DDS: Pro Basketball is for you. Or get both and graduate your players from TCB to DDSPB :)

Agreed... heck get TPG and send your basketball players over to play some golf :p
akcranker

Postby Zorro » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:35 pm

akcranker wrote:Agreed... heck get TPG and send your basketball players over to play some golf :p
To funny.. LOL.......................Z
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby jksander » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:57 am

Then there's always Total Pro Beer Pong Bonanza, where your player can get the real education college provides to deserving athletes.
Visit my website focused on Indianapolis Punk Rock: http://www.naptownpunk.com
If you want to see a print copy, I can email you PDFs ... drop me a PM!

Go HOOSIERS!
jksander
Elite Member

Postby Holycow98 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:49 am

Gary Gorski wrote: Or get both and graduate your players from TCB to DDSPB :)

My first choice, coming from owning both, is both. If I could only buy one....I would have to go with my favorite sport between the two. As games go, they are both good. For me...its neck and neck between the college and pro game...but I think I like the college (in real-life) game a little bit more.

If it is a toss up...they both have demos...which I would give a try and then decide. If I remember correctly...the demos are not restricted to just one season (at least with DDSPB) and will let you play for 3 days....so try it out when you have some free time available to spend playing.

The one problem I have with owning both (along with my other sports text sims) is finding the time to play them all.
Holycow98

Postby Gileyal » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:44 pm

As an owner of TPB05, TCB, TPG and DDS:BB I have to say my personal favorite is by far Total College Basketball.

Nothing to do with which league I like better - just a great game.
Manager of Rock Bottom Team - D1:1 at www.coachingsim.com.
Gileyal

Postby Zorro » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:26 am

Gileyal wrote:As an owner of TPB05, TCB, TPG and DDS:BB I have to say my personal favorite is by far Total College Basketball.

Nothing to do with which league I like better - just a great game.
Very nice post. You just talked me into getting it. I really do not like college basketball ever since they made the 3 point line but I do like DDSPB and TPG so if you say TCB is your favorite out of the three I got to try it................Z
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Gileyal » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:47 pm

Definitely get it. Its addicting.

I'm outside of the US so I don't know much about college ball (though I did study one year at the University of Maryland).

The game is addicting - trying to make those polls.... oh man.
Manager of Rock Bottom Team - D1:1 at www.coachingsim.com.
Gileyal

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:36 am

While both games are wonderful, IMHO...

I always have found college ball more fascinating than the pros.

Yeah, TCB is a bit older as a game and not quite as good on the coding end as DDSPB, in terms of TCB's code just running a bit slower on my machine than DDSPB, but to me, next to the NFL Draft, there's nothing quite like Selection Sunday as one of the biggest "non-sport" sporting events in the nation. The drama of Selection Sunday and March Madness just can't be beat.
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Next

Return to General Discussions