Which game would you recommend purchasing?

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Postby Zorro » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Gileyal wrote:Definitely get it. Its addicting.

I'm outside of the US so I don't know much about college ball (though I did study one year at the University of Maryland).

The game is addicting - trying to make those polls.... oh man.
Well I got it last week but I have not played it yet. lol. I am so involved with the Pro game and my team and league that I might never get around to playing it. The more I play the Pro game the more little things I see. It is a very interesting game to say the least.............................Z
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Evessal » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:43 am

If you had to choose between one, I say go for the College basketball sim. I must say that personally it has been a joy to play, and overall it has to be one of the best simulation games I've ever played (it's tied up there with the Football Manager series from SIgames).

I could never really get into the pro-game due to it's complicated finances, most specifically the damn NBA salary cap. I waged a war with the concept in trying to understand it, but the concept spanked me like the way Octavian spanked Mark Antony at Actium (Bird Rule? Mid Level Exception? Trade exception?!?!). It's probably 100x more complicated than the NFL salary cap rules, which took me quite a while to at least get some understanding of.

Generally speaking, I find the college game a lot more fun too. Also, there was not much interested in the Pro game for me as my city (San Diego) has no pro team, while we do have 2 college teams.

Well, those were my reasons for getting the college game, and I'm having tons of fun as we speak! I'm hoping to start a 1000-year family dynasty one of these days.
Evessal

Postby tigermant » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm still unsure which game to get. I've heard the DDSPB is buggy. How are the game machanics in both games! TOO MANY CHOICES! I play OOTPB 2007 and FOF 2K7. Help me!!
tigermant

Postby Bryan Swartz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:27 pm

The best advice is probably to download the game and try the trial for yourself :).
Bryan Swartz

Postby Ragin Cajun » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:44 pm

I've been playing OOTP since v.3. I've played several college FB sims, TPG1 and 2, TDCB, TCB. TCB was one of my faves, especially with the legacy option to create a new coach and have him follow in your footsteps. I ran a dynasty through three coaches that spanned over 100 years. I thought that was a great option in the game. Plus I wouldn't have remained committed that long if the game wasn't awesome.
Ragin Cajun

Postby Zorro » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:11 pm

tigermant wrote:I'm still unsure which game to get. I've heard the DDSPB is buggy. How are the game machanics in both games! TOO MANY CHOICES! I play OOTPB 2007 and FOF 2K7. Help me!!
When in doubt buy TPG2. LOL. ..............................Z
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby tigermant » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:01 pm

It sounds like everyone prefers TCB over the latest game. I've played the demo but it only lasted for 3 days and by the time I got around to playing it, it was over! :(

Anyway thanks for your opinions guys, I'll give it a few more days before I decide. TCB does sound awesome though.

:)
tigermant

Postby tigermant » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:03 pm

Well I went and did it! I got DDSPB and I'm really enjoying it!! :D

The thing that helped me was the price tag on both DDSPB and TCB. I think that TCB is a little over priced considering you guys are releasing a new version soon. Saying that I would have brought them both if TCB was cheaper. Anyway I better get back to my 76ers!! LOL ;)
tigermant

Previous

Return to General Discussions