Mac

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Mac

Postby cstatecash3 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Will there ever be a time where games will be available on MAC as well. As someone who has played multiple games in the past, having switched to MAC has limited me to only being able to play FM and OOTP due to all the DDS games being available only on PC. Any chance that changes anytime soon or is there a fix that would allow me to play the games on the MAC still? Thanks.
cstatecash3

Re: Mac

Postby PointGuard » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm

While I don't have a Mac, I've read on various of the forums here in the past that people have had success using Parallels (and possibly BootCamp) to play Wolverine games on Macs. If you want to read some of the posts, enter "Parallels" in the search bar at the top of the Board Index page.

My recollection is that the potential Mac market simply isn't big enough to justify the effort and cost of developing these games specifically for Macs.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Mac

Postby fondfoat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:22 am

I have to agree with the OP.

The cost of a MAC port is not a serious outlay. It comes more down to whether than developer thinks it's justified. Aspyr were interviewed about making Mac ports and they stated that financially it was not a problem, but it takes about 3-4 weeks to port the game and test that everything works fine. There was a discussion on the Spiderweb Software site (a small indie RPG developer) who ported all games to Mac because he said people wanted them. He is satisfied by the return he got both financially and in terms of customer satisfaction and feedback.

I have stopped playing and buying Wolverine games since I got my Mac and that is frustrating to me.
fondfoat

Return to General Discussions