Any new games from different sports

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Any new games from different sports

Postby Zaphenomenalone » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:40 am

What are the chances we are going to see the catalog of sport games expand? Would love to see the Wolverine take on MMA or Boxing.
Zaphenomenalone

Re: Any new games from different sports

Postby Rizzo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:06 pm

I’ve always been interested in a boxing sim. What would you like to see in that type of game if WS were to make one? I’d love a career mode for sure.
Rizzo

Postby Zaphenomenalone » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 pm

With boxing it's hard. I prefer the overall management idea. You are a company that runs shows. But boxing is a sport where not only are their different organizations (Golden Boy, Top Rank) which are comparable to MMA organizations (UFC, Bellator), have to work together a lot of times to make fights happens. In an MMA sim you could have your own company and just compete with other companies for talent. But in boxing you'd have to have companies that interact with other companies while still competing. The only way I can see you doing a career sim where you played as a single boxer is if you ignored all of that. Maybe someone smarter than me could figure out the game mechanics to make that work but I see that being very difficult to accurately portray the current world of boxing in a deep career mode.

As you can see I could talk about these types of games all day. Hopefully there is someone equally as passionate about these sports at Wolverine.
Zaphenomenalone

Postby Rizzo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:43 pm

I definitely think there is the ability to do a career sim as a great-a-boxer type of game as well as a management type game where you run one company, sign boxers and try to elevate them up the ranks. With the way the boxing world is right now, I think any sim would have to be a bit watered down and just create x number of boxers for each weight class and have them battle it out as they all try to climb the ranks with the possibility to change weight classes as well.
Rizzo

Postby rmoons24 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 pm

I'd love to see a Stock Car/Nascar based game. Motorsport Manager has been extremely successful in both the PC and Mobile versions, and is an overall outstanding game but just doesn't scratch my itch for something in the stock car world. I personally feel the depth of one such game could be outstanding.
rmoons24

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 pm

rmoons24 wrote:I'd love to see a Stock Car/Nascar based game. Motorsport Manager has been extremely successful in both the PC and Mobile versions, and is an overall outstanding game but just doesn't scratch my itch for something in the stock car world. I personally feel the depth of one such game could be outstanding.

While I personally have no interest in a Nascar game, I know that MANY people are rabid Nascar fans so your suggestion could have some merit. I'm not sure if there are many of those fans interested in a sim management game for car racing, but if so, then a good game in that genre could yield sales.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby rmoons24 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Without a doubt it doesn't have the draw that Football or Basketball do. If you check out the Nascar Heat (the console nascar racer) reddit and other forums related to it, the one constant (aside from improved gameplay lol) is users asking for an improved owner mode. Features that capitalize on the sports silly season, team and driver development, and possibly the multiple series MENCS, Xfinity, GOTS could be huge, especially when there isn't currently a game out there now to do any of this really. Of course as a Nascar fan I am certainly biased though lol.
rmoons24

Return to General Discussions