Total Sports World goes LIVE

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Postby Cooleyvol » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:44 am

painmantle wrote:How is TSW going to “grow” their selves and sales for A COMPANY by adding ONLY Leagues that are full? If you’re talking about any PRO league that is capped and the teams are limited. Your web site says the # of “Leagues” are limited…so it is really only possible to “grow” the Simming community AND game creators sales by adding teams to College leagues OR allowing MORE PRO leagues into the spectrum.

I've read all these post for TSW and they are contradictory at best! I do hope that you succeed as I know that can only improve the simulation world I love so very dearly!!

GOOD LUCK

painmantle, what that statement means is to increase the number of users in our community its is most efficient to add leagues with an existing owner base. We don't increase our community by being the ownerbase for newer leagues. That being said, each instance can vary. We seek to increase all software sales by adding members that are not affiliated or have bought some of the software. They could be turned on to a certain title by being introduced to it on our site in an online league setting.
Cooleyvol

Postby LB2K » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:01 pm

painmantle wrote:How is TSW going to “grow” their selves and sales for A COMPANY by adding ONLY Leagues that are full? If you’re talking about any PRO league that is capped and the teams are limited. Your web site says the # of “Leagues” are limited…so it is really only possible to “grow” the Simming community AND game creators sales by adding teams to College leagues OR allowing MORE PRO leagues into the spectrum.

I've read all these post for TSW and they are contradictory at best! I do hope that you succeed as I know that can only improve the simulation world I love so very dearly!!

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for your comments. As my counterpart, Cooleyvol, indicated...our open door policy of online sports leagues from a variety of companies will increase the cross-selling potential. For example, I am Commissioner of eMLB, an OOTP baseball simulation that will celebrate 7 years since it first began back on July 19th of 2000. In joining TSW, I've learned more about Arlie Rahn's "Bowl Bound College Football", as well as starting to follow Gridiron Glory(Cooley's league with 119 teams!) more closely, that I wanted to be part of it. So there you go, cross sale completed.

With the recent addition of Baseline Hoops to our membership, we are now looking at what can be done to support them, if even indirectly. If there is a committed college basketball league out there, they would get a tremendously serious look, even if they don't have the tenure we look for. If this could be managed similarly to a Gridiron Glory, that has all Div. I college football teams....how many Div. I college basketball teams are there??

I even know my UMaine Black Bears are in there! :D

Since our goal at TSW is to provide "The Best of the Best" in the online sports gaming world, we're not looking to stake that reputation with an unknown, or newly created league. So we hope you never saw this as any league could join. There has to be a "niche" each league provides that makes it unique.
We can always consider exceptions, but they will be limited, and at all times put to a vote of the 5 Boards of Directors (Cooley and I are each on that Board).

We hope this better explains our focus and goal at this current point. Be sure to check out Total Sports World!
James 'LB' LeBlond
eMLB Commish - www.emlb-baseball.com - Member of TSW

Chairman - Total Sports World (TSW) - www.totalsportsworld.org
LB2K

Previous

Return to General Discussions