Extremely Disappointed

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Postby raindog » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:26 pm

Zorro wrote:Humm. Thats a thought. Is there even a Nascar or F1 Management sim out there?I do not mean the EA sports kind. I mean a responsible one.................Z

I would love a F1 Management sim! I remember the old Micropose series. I enjoyed that games so much!
raindog

Postby Rick Arnold » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:56 am

As someone who's followed Adam Ryland's series from the beginning and has done some mod work on it... I definitely think he could benefit from some competition. As much as I like TEW, it's based too much in the modern day.

As a 'fan' of the 70s and 80s, I'd love to see a "kayfabe" game in the vein of Wrestling Spirit and TEW combined. Based in reality, but with it being 'a real, competitive sport'.

The basic idea of the game would be that you started out as a young kid working the various 'indy' circuits (which would range in difficulty/rewards and so on -- like the Texas circuit would be a long straining circuit to work that involved working bar dives and making $15 a night, but you'd get better experience), hoping to get noticed by one of the small established promotions and getting picked up -- where you'd start back at the bottom and try to build your way up, hoping to get noticed by one of the big dogs and so on...

And while it would be based in actual fighting, there would be an element of fixing in it. Like the boss comes to you before the big show and says that he's got this hot young kid he's been hyping up and wants you to 'make him shine'. Do you do as the boss says? Throw away your integrity and you could find yourself indebted to the boss (Tony Garea perhaps...). Or you could bury the untalented kid, making your boss and promotion look bad and possibly burn any bridges you have.

Just ideas I had rumbling around. There's definitely a market for an 'old-school' wrestling sim. There's lots of ideas that Adam has abandoned, like an NWA-style system with titles that are defended amongst the promotions under the banner.

And if such a game were to come about, there'd almost definitely be a real world modification (set in the 70s/80s of course) for it...

And yes, I know wrestling is fake.....
Rick Arnold

Postby CraigInTwinCities » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 pm

Nice idea, but seems "far and away" to be too far off the mark from the "text-based sports-management sim" that Gary and company specialize in.

Plus, I've never seen a single PC-based wrestling game with controls that work... They're all crap when it comes to that aspect.
Sports Fan and eBook Author
Minnesota Sports blog: MinnesotaSportsScene.com
Pro Wrestling blog: ProWrestlingViews.com
eBook Author Web site/blog: Craig-Hansen.com
CraigInTwinCities

Postby Rick Arnold » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 pm

If that fails, there's always the idea of a 'wrestling manager' sim, or for those dead set against wrestling, it could be a 'boxing manager' sim... Where you sign young, up-and-coming fighters and get them fights and so on... Just an idea.
Rick Arnold

Postby g3b » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:34 pm

raindog wrote:I would love a F1 Management sim! I remember the old Micropose series. I enjoyed that games so much!

Yeah... a F1 Management sim. Great Idea. I enjoyed the Microprose - series, too and especially pole position (a.k.a. team f1).

But finally it depends on Gary. Does he has any interest in car racing? I don't know.
g3b

Previous

Return to General Discussions