abbreviation help

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

abbreviation help

Postby FuzzyBanana » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Need help with some abbreviations. What does OV and PS mean?

And why are the definitions so hard to find? ready to quit because I dont know what the hell is going on
FuzzyBanana

Re: abbreviation help

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:13 pm

hello, your posting in the general forum versus a specific game forum....what game and version you talking about?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby FuzzyBanana » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:53 pm

college basketball 2018

is there a manual with all the abbreviations?
FuzzyBanana

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:13 am

There is a manual that was created by knowledgeable fans of the game (PDF file in the game folder), but don't believe it provides abbreviation information but I could be wrong so feel free to check. Took me a bit to find where you were seeing those items, appears its on the recruitment screen. If you do double click on the player, you can "kind of" figure out what each means. Also, highly recommend any future questions about College Basketball 2018 be posted in the official forum where other people are likely going to see it, plus you can even browse the forum for other possible information that may be helpful although it might not be that active since 2018 is two versions old.

Forum
viewforum.php?f=272

In your case, the items mean the following:

OV = Overall ranking of the player nationally
PS = Position ranking of the player nationally

On other screens like roster statistics, there is a help key within the game that shows you the abbreviations.

For player ratings, you can double click on the player and you'll see player card with full rating names.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby FuzzyBanana » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:58 pm

thanks for your help, wasted 2 recruiting seasons. guessed OV was overall, not overall rank, same with PS. basically recruited the worse players i could.
FuzzyBanana

Return to General Discussions