Timeline for MAC availability

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Timeline for MAC availability

Postby clipsrback » Thu May 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Curious if there are any updates on MAC availability for games anywhere in the near future?

I have purchased many versions of college and pro basketball in the past and would quickly purchase those and football if they operated on a MAC.

Just isn't reasonable to own a PC just for these games. I tried a Windows tablet in the past and too clunky.
clipsrback

Re: Timeline for MAC availability

Postby Chris » Wed May 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Funny enough, I just spent over 3k on a Macbook Pro 2019 and have joined the club. I'm going to look into vmware but definitely would prefer a pure OS version to use all the power I'll have...
Chris

Postby Chris » Sat May 23, 2020 3:04 pm

I just want to follow-up and saw I got one of the games running like a beauty on mac. Caveat: You need VMWare Fusion which costs $$.

To do this, setup a Windows 10 iso image on VMWare Fusion, and then install a DDS game.

https://imgur.com/a/MOBRH27 Example
Chris

Postby Rizzo » Sat May 23, 2020 3:32 pm

I bought a MacBook Pro 2018 in January of 2019. It’s the first MAC I own and I’m obsessed with it. As a programmer/developer, it was the type of computer I needed. But for a customer of Wolverine Studios it hasn’t been the best experience. I didn’t want to mess with the hard drive in the MacBoom with partitions or anything, so I figured out how to install Windows 10 on an external hard drive. Sure, it’s not the most convenient thing having to have an external drive anytime I want to start up in Windows but it is getting the job done for sure.
Rizzo

Postby Juicedmachine » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 pm

Chris wrote:I just want to follow-up and saw I got one of the games running like a beauty on mac. Caveat: You need VMWare Fusion which costs $$.

To do this, setup a Windows 10 iso image on VMWare Fusion, and then install a DDS game.

https://imgur.com/a/MOBRH27 Example

Tips on how to do this?
Juicedmachine

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Oh, and VMWare Fusion 12 Personal Use is now free I believe..

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal
Chris

Postby Blue&Gold » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 pm

As a Mac owner this is devastating. I would throw my money in a heartbeat at each of the college and pro versions of basketball and football. I play a lot of OOTP and FHM, but I am begging for a football, basketball and/or college version of a sports sim.

I guess I will keep dreaming..
Blue&Gold

Postby Rizzo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:18 am

Blue&Gold wrote:As a Mac owner this is devastating. I would throw my money in a heartbeat at each of the college and pro versions of basketball and football. I play a lot of OOTP and FHM, but I am begging for a football, basketball and/or college version of a sports sim.

You can still play these games on a Mac. It's the only way I play them now. Get yourself VMware Fusion 12 for free, get Windows up and running and you're good to go!
Rizzo

Postby Blue&Gold » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:44 pm

Rizzo wrote:
Blue&Gold wrote:As a Mac owner this is devastating. I would throw my money in a heartbeat at each of the college and pro versions of basketball and football. I play a lot of OOTP and FHM, but I am begging for a football, basketball and/or college version of a sports sim.

You can still play these games on a Mac. It's the only way I play them now. Get yourself VMware Fusion 12 for free, get Windows up and running and you're good to go!

Thanks for this, man! I thought I may have looked into this last year and something didn't work, but I really can't recall. This gets me pumped.. as long as my 10 year old Mac can handle it.
Blue&Gold

Postby Rizzo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:24 am

Blue&Gold wrote:
Rizzo wrote:

Thanks for this, man! I thought I may have looked into this last year and something didn't work, but I really can't recall. This gets me pumped.. as long as my 10 year old Mac can handle it.

It's a game changer for sure! I always have my MacBook on me so being able to keep up with my online leagues using WS games is great.
Rizzo

Next

Return to General Discussions